• Published 28th Jul 2018
  • 5,543 Views, 132 Comments

Twilight Dragonkle - TheAmazingMe



Generations ago, a mare gave in to scaly temptations. Twilight wakes up to find her magic opened the potential of her draconic heritage. Several melted toilets later, Twilight visits the Dragonlands to learn more about herself and her family.

  • ...
20
 132
 5,543

When a filly loves a dragon...

“Spiiiiiike!” Twilight called weakly, her throat burning as she lay in bed. She felt miserable, even out of the sheets she felt hot. And although it wasn’t unusual for her to fall asleep with a book or two on the bed, she had an unmanageable pile around her.

She heard the sound of claw on crystal just before Spike entered. As soon as the door cracked open, Twilight sprang to her four hooves, wings open and mantling at the threat of the small dragon approaching her hoard.

Spike’s eyes widened as he took in the scene. “Uh, you okay there, Twilight?”

She looked down at the books strewn around her, confused. Why had she thought of this as her ‘hoard?’ “I-uh, need some help.”

Spike looked down at the books again and Twilight caught herself growling. “Uh, did you just growl?”

A sudden lurch in her stomach and her ‘hoard’ was momentarily forgotten. Lunging for the bathroom, Twilight barely made it in time to avoid vomiting on the floor.

Spike sighed, dismayed at Twilight’s sickness. He tried not to think about how many days in a row she’d woken up to toss her cookies. Tapping a claw on the open restroom door, her called out, “Do you need me to hold your mane?”

Between heaves, Twilight replied. “No...Could you go to Zecora and pick up another stomach tonic?”

He nodded, then realized she couldn’t see him. “I’m on it. Take it easy until I get back.”

“I’ll try,” she said weakly. “I just need to feel better soon since mom is coming in today.”

As she heard the click of retreating claws, Twilight sighed to herself and surveyed the scene before her. The toilet was destroyed, her stomach acid apparently strong enough to burn through the porcelain. Momentarily, she wondered how she had any teeth. Then, she refocused on the current flooding issue as the water started to flood the floor. Was there a spell to repair toilets? She wondered. The only thing that came to mind was the spell she used to unclog the toilet when Spike took a gem-encrusted bowel movement in the regular pony toilet.


Spike’s trip to Zecora’s hut wasn’t ever short, but he felt like he shaved some time off of his record.

Knocking on the door, Spike impatiently hopped from foot to foot. Zecora answered the door and looked down at Spike. “Ah, Spike it seems you are here quite a lot. Is poor Twilight Sparkle still in a bad spot?”

Spike nodded. “Yeah, heaving again this morning. And mom is coming to visit!”

Zecora waved him in and gathered items into a saddlebag. “I fear since my potions aren’t doing the trick, I won’t know what to do if she keeps getting sick.” Turning around, she pulled the bag onto her back. “If she wants to be well with her mother and all, it seems I will have to make a house call.”

“Thanks, Zecora.” Spike clambered out the door before her and held it open.

The journey back wasn’t quite as fast as Spike would have liked, but he was really not in a position to complain. Twilight Velvet was just approaching the front door of the Friendship Castle as they drew near.

“Mama Velvet!” Spike called, excitedly. Twilight Velvet turned around and smiled, waving in return.

Spike ran ahead to give Velvet a hug, which she returned with an even bigger smile. She looked up as Zecora drew close and drew her eyebrows up. “Is someone not feeling well? I guess my little Twilight is sick?”

Zecora nodded. “It seems that her stomach is in quite a clutch. Perhaps she could use a motherly touch?”

Heading in, Twilight Velvet pursed her lips. “Certainly! She may be a princess, but she’s still my little filly.”

Twilight Velvet knocked softly on her daughter’s door.

“Zecora?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

Opening the door, Velvet stepped in. “It’s me, honey. Zecora is here too. And Spike.”

The zebra and dragon came in behind Velvet. Spike sat on the edge of his basket bed, ready to spring up and get whatever the mares needed. Velvet drew a chair over to the bedside and sat.

Zecora approached the bed to look Twilight over, but couldn’t make it to her over the pile of books. As soon as her hoof touched the topmost book cover, Twilight lunged forward and bit her on the fetlock.

“Ow! There’s no good in biting the hoof that cures. Do that again and the pain will be yours!” Zecora admonished.

Twilight’s hooves flew to her mouth. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to.”

Velvet set her mouth in a thin line. “I know I raised you better than that! Now I’m going to move these books off of the bed. You keep you mouth to yourself.”

Velvet lit her horn and did just that. Twilight looked a bit twitchy, but she held herself in check.

“Sorry, mom. I didn’t want to be sick for your visit,” Twilight said.

Velvet shook her head. “Don’t be silly, of course you didn’t. How long have you been sick?”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head. “I’ve been throwing up for a few days, but lately I’ve been burning up as well.”

Spike piped up, “And hoarding books on her bed. She jumped up and nearly bit my head off this morning.”

“Spike!” Twilight Sparkle started to admonish, but Velvet interrupted.

“Hoarding? Fever? And vomiting? Oh no.” Velvet put her head in her hooves.

Twilight Sparkle, Zecora, and Spike all looked at Twilight Velvet.

“It seems this might be familiar to you. If you would please tell us what is it you knew?” Zecora asked.

Velvet drew her face up slightly so that her eyes were over her hooves. “You’re going through ‘that time’ just like I did.”

“Mom! I hit puberty ages ago! Don’t make this weird.” Twilight Sparkle moaned as she put her head in her pillow.

Velvet shook her head. “No, not that change. Your dragon half is coming in.”

“What?” Twilight, Zecora and Spike all said at once.

Twilight Velvet looked away, her front hooves drumming on the edge of the bed. “Well, to be more precise, your one-eighth dragon blood is kicking in.”

Twilight Sparkle looked aghast. “My great-grandfather was a dragon!?!”

“Hey, you say that like it’s a bad thing.” Spike said defensively.

Twilight moaned. “It’s not, I didn’t mean it like that. But if I’m 1/8th dragon, that means my great-grandmother f-fornicated with...”

Twilight Velvet interjected, “She...dallied with a dragon, yes. She was quite young and had an adventurous side, a bit like me when you think about it.”

“But ponies and dragons aren’t the same size.” Twilight Sparkle pointed out. “And don’t tell me you ever had...relations with a dragon!”

“You watch what you say about your grandmother, dear. And no, I haven’t. Although from what your grandmother told me he was like a pony in a lot of ways. Even his length was comparable. He was a younger dragon, slightly taller than an average pony.” Twilight Velvet replied.

Spike’s cheeks turned bright red and he looked away, whistling. The image of a pony conjugating with a dragon and his mental image of the kind old mare he’d known were just...irreconcilable.

“I just...wow.” Twilight Sparkle seemed at a loss. “Wow. Probably could have left some of that out.”

“Well, I wanted to make sure you understood this wasn’t some mountainous beast that came over, plucked her up and plundered her booty,” Twilight Velvet explained.

The awkward silence that ensued led Velvet to shrug, not entirely convincing anyone that she was even remotely contrite.

“Uh, well what do we do? Is she going to molt? Well, more than just her wings?” Spike asked.

Zecora rifled through her bag in reflex. “Many a treatment I did bring, but for this I think I have nothing.”

Twilight Velvet nodded. “Well I will have to order some antacids from the dragon lands to counteract the fiery stomach acid problem. We can get you into an ice bath to normalize the temperature until you get used to it. The hoarding, uh, that’ll be more of a long-term problem. Your father had quite a time managing my quill obsession. Writing adventure stories was our solution. Although I still have trouble throwing away an old quill.”

Twilight slid out of bed and leaned against her mother. As they headed to the bathroom, Twilight whimpered, “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

Velvet sighed. “Honestly, I never thought it would come up. My change was less troublesome than my mother’s and much later.”

Twilight lit her horn to open the bathroom door. Instantly, the glow went from purple to fiery red and then to actual flames shooting towards the crystal door. Thankfully, the door was only lightly scorched.

“Um, you might want to hold off on using magic for a little bit. Just wait until you feel a little better,” Twilight Velvet advised as Spike and Zecora looked on, bewildered.

Author's Note:

AU because, and I quote, “Spike is actually useful in this story.”