• Published 19th Apr 2018
  • 558 Views, 13 Comments

Growing Sun - MorbidTheBrony



We all know Sunset Shimmer became the most powerful girl at CHS. But how exactly did she cope with the human world when she first arrived?

  • ...
3
 13
 558

Starting Off Small...

First day of school and how did Sunset feel about this? She felt confident but also quite nervous. She didn't know why she felt nervous and quite frankly there was no need for her to feel this way. Sunset was a powerful girl with a powerful mind. She was literally the best student of a kingdom's ruler. A high school should be nothing compared to what she had experienced back in Equestria. So, why did she feel this way? Like previously mentioned, she wasn't sure. But she did have the liberty to go out and buy herself a new school bag. It wasn't a very big bag but she hoped it would be big enough.

Just like every single morning for quite some time now, Sunset left CHS to get herself breakfast. She felt like she needed the brain food before school. She always visited a cafe called "SugarCube Corner" for her breakfast. She was fine with visiting the same place for the same reason everyday because their morning pancakes are to die for! They were easily Sunset’s favourite breakfast at this cafe.

As she was eating her breakfast, Sunset mentally prepared herself for her first day, 'Okay, okay. Relax, Sunset,' she thought, 'It's only a school, you've been to schools before and you certainly were the best student. This shouldn't be any different.'

Sunset continued to think to herself as she stabbed her syrup covered pancakes. She was stressing herself over absolutely nothing. If luck had stuck with her after yesterday's events, she should be fine.

Sunset sighed and leaned back on her chair. "Everything'll be fine. I don't know what I'm getting so worked up about," she said. "Wait, what time is it?" Sunset looked around the cafe for a clock. She found one somewhere near the front door. 8:54AM.

"Oh crud!" she said while scarfing down the rest of her pancakes.

Almost in an instant, her pancakes were gone. Sunset picked up her bag and dashed her way out of the door and down the road to the school. She didn't know why she was running, she probably had way more than enough time. But she didn't care; she ran and ran and after almost a minute of running she arrived at the school, entirely out of breath.

Sunset made her way up the steps to the school and was greeted by none other than Principal Celestia.

"Oh Sunset! Perfect timing," Celestia greeted, holding the door for Sunset to walk through. "I was just about to wait for you."

"Uh, why?" Sunset asked while sweating. Running down the road during a hot morning really wasn't the best idea after all.

"Why, to show you your new locker and timetable of course," she announced.

"My locker?" Sunset asked once more.

"Mmhmm," Celestia nodded. "Follow me."

Sunset followed the principal down the corridors while pushing through the students that were in her way. They eventually stopped and Celestia gestured Sunset over to what was going to be her new locker for school.

"As you may see, each of the lockers have a combination lock," the principal started.

'Really?! How did I not notice?!' Sunset said in her head dreadfully sarcastically.

"Each of these combinations already have a code set," she explained further and handing Sunset a slip of paper, "and that there in your combination. Give it a try."

Sunset stepped closer to her new locker and turned the little dial to match the order in which the numbers were placed in. Once she felt like she inputted all of the numbers, she pulled the door and it opened. She was very surprised she had managed to open a combination lock. This was her first time after all.

What was revealed to her was only a very closed space with small metal shelves. Other than that, it was completely empty.

"Oh yeah, you'll also need this." Principal Celestia handed Sunset a larger piece of paper. "That there is your timetable. With this, you'll be able to find your classes much easier just by looking at these rows."

Sunset scanned through her timetable, taking in every class she would have today, and even tomorrow, and the day after that, and then the entire school week. It told her where and when her classes will be.

"Alright. Umm... That should be everything. I'll now leave you to it." Celestia turned to leave Sunset. "If you need anything at all, you can always find me in my office."

Sunset didn't think she would ever really need Principal Celestia's help but she still casually replied with, "Will do, Miss."

It was then that the school bell rang and the hallway was suddenly flooded with students heading to their first class. Sunset followed the directions on her timetable to her first class. She travelled through the halls until she finally saw the same numbers on her timetable imprinted on one of the many many doors. Sunset stepped towards the class and peaked inside. She was met with what appeared to be a history class. She stepped inside and the teacher's attention was directed at her.

"Welcome! Please, come in," the teacher greeted. "You're our new student, is that correct? I'm Mrs. Cross. And you must be Sunset Shimmer, I believe I was told."

"Uh, yes m'am," Sunset answered.

"Great. I'll just have you sitting at that table there in the corner," she said pointing to a table with six chairs surrounding it.

Sunset made her way over to one of the six seats and placed herself on the one closest to the corner. Then others started entering the class. Sunset paid everyone no attention but one of the students in particular was familiar to her. It was that Fluttershy girl she had come across before.

Sunset pleaded in her head, 'Please not this table. Please note this table.'

Luckily enough she both, didn't sit at her table and didn't even notice her. Or at least Sunset thought she didn't notice her. She couldn't exactly tell but one clue was that her eyes were averting away to look at something else.

At Sunset's table, she sat with three other girls and two boys. One girl having light skin, glasses and great red eyebrows. Another girl having some sort of minty tone to her hair and skin and a lyre necklace. And the other girl also having light skin and pink and black hair, both colours separated equally. One of the guys had a slight orange tint to their skin, a jacket that looked quite similar to Sunset's with the exception of the spikes, and great blue hair. The other guy she knew completely; he was that fool that had bumped into her only yesterday. Sunset shot him a nasty glare and clearly this boy remembered Sunset because he tried to hide his face behind the history book he was carrying, as to avoid her glare of evil.

Soon enough, the class was full. Instead of everyone's attention being paid to the teacher, their eyes were directed to Sunset.

Mrs. Cross then spoke, "Alright, everybody. Before class starts, we have a new student with us today." She then looked over to Sunset. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" she asked.

Sunset stood up and began introducing herself, "Uh, hi. My name is Sunset Shimmer and I am the new student of this school." She didn't exactly know how she should approach this so she just went with something fairly simple.

Sunset sat back down and Mrs. Cross finally began class.

~Interval~

Sunset managed to get through her first two classes pretty well, despite her lack of knowledge of this world's current rulers. Other than what she's now being taught, school isn't as different from the schools back in Equestria. Still, that doesn't mean that nothing will change throughout her time here.

Sunset walked through the hall that lead to the entrance. She obviously wasn't leaving the school, she was just looking for something to do in this place before her next class started.

Again, Sunset heard everyone murmuring. She knew they were still talking about the new girl, who she is. She couldn't exactly hear what they were saying about her, except something about her 'looking lonely'. Then she heard her name being called by what sounded like... Well... She couldn't quite describe what it sounded like, but it was really annoying.

Sunset turned around to find the source of this voice. Her eyes were met with a poofy pink haired girl waving at her. Clearly she wanted something so Sunset walked towards her and her small group of friends.

"What is it?" Sunset asked. Sunset then noticed that apparently Fluttershy was part of this group. 'Can't I go anywhere without seeing this girl?' she thought.

The girl with the gorgeous purple hair spoke, "Well, we couldn't help but notice how lonely you looked, darling."

"Oh, is that right?" Sunset raised an eyebrow at them.

Then the girl with the stetson spoke, "Uh, yeah. And we were just wonderin' if y'all would like t'uh join our li'l group," she gestured to the rest of her friends.

Sunset took a moment to analyse each of these girls: She knew Fluttershy was the shy one, the pink one was, judging by her enthusiastic attitude and the ear pearcing voice, the annoying one, the purple haired one could be the more fashionable one, the stetson one was the country girl, and the last one had... rainbow hair? Woah. Anyway, judging by the short skirt, the tight black shorts and the sneakers, she was the athletic one.

Sunset's expression hadn't changed from her cold stare. "Yeah, thanks. But no thanks," she said, turning to walk away. "I have better things to do than be part of your circus act."

Everyone around them gasped and the group of five took her words personally.

"How simply rude!" the fashionista cried out.

Sunset turned back towards her. "It's like what I said to a certain animal lover, everything isn't all just sunshine and rainbows!"

Clearly Fluttershy remembered that day when she met Sunset, because she looked on the verge of crying. Sunset took this to try again walk away.

"Hey! No one upsets Fluttershy and gets away with it!" the rainbow one shouted, following Sunset.

She turned again now to look at her. "And what exactly are you going to do to back her up?" Sunset asked her.

The athlete didn't answer. Instead, she looked lost.

"Hmm, didn't think so," she said coldly, starting to walk away again.

Now it was the country girls turn, "And just who do you think you are?!"

Okay, she still wasn't getting away. "Where you not told by Fluttershy? I'm Sunset Shimmer," she said, finally getting her chance to leave.

Everyone around the six of them was left in shock after what they had just witnessed. All that could now be heard were Fluttershy's soft whimpers, who was being comforted by the pink and purple one.

What was this she was feeling? Sunset felt as though she had them right where she wanted them. She felt powerful. Did she like this feeling? Absolutely! But why stop there? She could continue using this power and soon enough, she'll have the whole school down on their knees.

Sunset realised as she continued to walk down the corridor that nobody was talking about her anymore. Had she scared them? Did they not want to cross Sunset?

Sunset looked around her and started randomly glaring at students. They all shared the same scared expression whenever she stared at someone. Yup, they were now scared of her.

Sunset was enjoying this. She felt truly powerful. She felt as though she could take on that beef cake she saw not to long ago.

She could have continued looking cool and powerful while she walked down the hall if the bell didn't go, signalling that interval was over.

She wondered if she could use this power during class and not get caught by the teacher. It was probably possible. Maybe not as much, but it could be worth a try.

She thought to herself as she wandered to her next class, 'Sunset Shimmer is here, Canterlot High. What have you got for me?'

Author's Note:

Bully Sunset is here everyone!

I could've had this out a little sooner but I was just working on a more humorous story. Expect to see that soon. :raritywink:

With that said, I want to focus on releasing this other story first before I start writing chapter 8. So the next chapter should be released within the next 2-3 weeks.

Comments ( 2 )
CSC

Ah shit, she’s fully arrived and arrogant.

Not a bad start to Sunset's career as an arrogant bully.

Login or register to comment