• Published 22nd Mar 2018
  • 423 Views, 1 Comments

Oversight Decisions - MajesticAuthor



This is a Sunset x female OC story. My OC’s name is Scarlet Wing (a griffin).

  • ...
 1
 423

The Reunion

Sunset and her friend, once again, saved the day. She restored her friends memories, and sacrificing her memories. Afterwards, the girls ended up destroying the Memory Stone before the sun stetted, and all their memories where stored. It was two months after. It was a Friday afternoon. Sunset seemed anxious. She had told the girls Princess Twilight would come. But not just Twilight. There was someone else coming from Equestria. Sunset paced back and forth. The girls noticed Sunsets movement. Then Applejack finally asked.

" Now Sunset, would ya tell us what's going on?"

Sunset was growing in frustration. She said briefly.

" I never told you girls this, but since I got my memories back the time we destroyed the memory stone, I didn't only received the memories I had..."

The girls stare at her. Confused, yet intrigued.

" Go on..."

Fluttershy says, encouraging Sunset to explain. Sunset rubbed her arm. How would I explain this to the girls. She thought.

" I...forgot something-or someone. Very important to me. And I finally remember, but not everything. Anyways, that someone is coming over right now. And the time I forgot about her, somehow it made me the jerk I used to be. And I was a jerk in front of her...I can't imagine what she thinks of me now."

There was an instant pause. Sunset was brainwashed? Sunset wasn't mean to start with? Other than the unexpected behavior Sunset was acting, she was not okay. She was too caught up in her thoughts, that she couldn't take a full breath. This sudden behavior even made the girls worry about their friend.

" Now, Now darling! Calm down! Take a deep breath..."

Sunset stops talking and breaths with Rarity.

" and..exhale....If you say this person is really important to you, and something beyond your control caused you to make you a bad person, then they would understand..."

Sunset fidgets with her charm.

" To be honest, It was beyond my control. I knew the reversal spell, so that I could cure the 'permanent spell'. But when this evil unicorn was about to blast her, I-I pushed her out of the way! I have this instinct to make sure no one harms her, at all! If I was thinking correctly, I could have just let her be hit with magic! I could have reversed the spell, and all would be good. I wouldn't have to have a horrible past, and Scarlet wouldn't have had to be surrounded by so many mean ponies without a friend. I caused her more pain than I had plan to. How can she ever forgive me for the dumbest decision I made in my life...."

Sunset put her face in her hands. She was ashamed. There where more reasons for people to be mad at her. The girls yet again, said nothing. They thought of something. Anything to reason with her sudden outburst. Then finally, Applejack puts a hand on her shoulder.

"If anything, she should be grateful that ya care about her safety. If this girl is really someone worth remembering, then she has ta have a good heart. If she's not who we expect ta be, then tat'd be hr problem."

Sunset says with no change in her tone.

"She would forgive me, from what I remember. But, I only remember half of our memories. What if I changed her in a negative way, from my actions? "

Pinkie Pie says.

" Of course people dramatically change. And if she were to be a big meanie, then that's not your fault. She makes mistakes two. Her own actions affect her."

Sunset looks at the portal, ignoring some of the things her friend was saying.

" I thought being in her life was the right thing to do. Defending her from the ponies that would call her a freak, and being her protector...maybe she's better off without me. Maybe I'm only going to make her uncomfortable. Maybe I shouldn't have told Princess Twilight about her..."

Rainbow dash walks up and puts an arm around Sunset.

" Hey you where being there for her, when no one would. Even if she holds a grudge, at the end, you know how she felt. It's better than questioning it for the rest of your life if you ask me."

Sunset gives a sigh, but still in a somber mood.

" I guess..."

Rainbow dash starts juggling the soccer ball.

" So... did you plan to meet her?"

Sunset rubbed the back of her neck.

"No... Princess Twilight did. She said that it would be "good for me" to talk it out with her. But I had no idea that she would bring Scarlet Wing over!"

Twilight interrupts Sunsets her continuous panic.

" Wait a second. How was she even able to find her?"

Sunsets sits laying on the portal. She fidgets her thumbs.

" I don't know..."

There was an awkward silence. The other girls walk a few feet away to huddle. They were whispering to each other.

" My gosh. What do we say? Nothing is working"

Rarity whispers to Applejack.

" I don't know. She looks more upset than she turned to tha she demon..."

Rainbow dash whispers after Applejack.

" I mean, I would understand the time she was reforming to be good, but this? ..."

Fluttershy says.

" poor sunset. I can't imagine what she's going through. Maybe that's why it's hard to help her..."

The girls nod in agreement. Pinkie Pie says.

" How can we brighten her mood if she's so gloomy?"

Twilight looks over to Sunset Shimmer. She then turns to the group and says.

" There's nothing we can do girls. Fluttershy is right, we don't know what she's going through. We just have to be there for her, make sure it's alright, and that she'll always have her friends by her side. "

They break apart from there huddle up. They walk over to Sunset. Twilight then said.

" We can't imagine what your going through Sunset. And to be honest, you would know better than us of what choices to make, because we don't know this girl. And we want you to know, where here for you. Any bad or good challenges, will face them together. And I'd suggest on focusing less on what bad things could happen today..."

Pinkie Pie says.

" Yeah! She might forgive and forget like we did! And see who you really are right now."

Sunset gives a smile. Who knows they could turn out to be together again, or enemies. But she'll have her friends to face this with her.

" You girls are right. Thinking negative isn't going to get me anywhere. And I'm Sorry for hiding this from you."

The girls give a smile to their friend. They sit in a circle.

" It's fine. People have their personal issues they don't feel like bringing up. I can understand..."

Twilight says. And means every word for it was true. The girls sit and talk for ten minutes about anything other than Sunsets issues. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow dash where debating on the taste of Pinkie's gelatin cake she make in culinary arts. All girls, except Rarity where laughing about it the whole time.

" Ew! No! How can you eat that? I can understand ice cream and cake but, gelatin? Pinkie. It tastes like someone sneezed on a cake!"

Pinkie Pie has a face expression that resembled offense and confidence of her argument.

" ARE YOU SERIOUS!? ITS RASPBERRY! NOT SNOT, BUT RASPBERRY! AND THE TEXTURE DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO SNOT!"

The pink haired girl was breathing rapidly in frustration. Rarity tries to break the fight.

" Now Pinkie Pie. You know how sarcastic she is...right Rainbow dash?"

The rainbow haired girl was going to protest till she saw Rarity's 'agree to what I say' glare. Rainbow Dash pouts and crossed her arms.she said under her breath.

"Yeah...sorry Pinkie Pie..."

A second later, the portal glows. Revealing two girls. One of which was Princess Twilight, two was, the girl Sunset Shimmer was expecting. The new girl collapsed on the floor for standing on two legs. Twilight pulled her up to her feet, but didn't let go for she would have fell again.

The girl looked muscular, and had good posture. She looked about close to Sunsets height, but was a few inches taller. Scarlet had burgundy hair: thick and wavy, and it went to her shoulder length, and her long bangs tied together. She had magenta eyes, apricot skin, white shoes, ripped jeans with a shade of peach, a black belt: with a red jasper on the buckle, and round black studs around the strap. A white long sleeve shirt.

The girl rubs her shoulder nervously for falling. Twilight tells her.

" Don't worry, will just sit down. Hey girls!"

The girls said there hello from where they were sitting. The two girls that arrived from Equestria joined the circle.

"Scarlet welcome to Canterlot High. These are my friends. The other dimension version of Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike."

Twilight giggles at the fact there were two versions of her.

" And of course, you know Sunset Shimmer. The reason why we're here of course."

Twilight notices the nervous expression on their face. She coughs to break the awkward silence.
"Everyone this is Scarlet Wing, Sunsets good friend from way back."

The girls give a warm smile to her. Scarlet does the same, till she saw the anxious expression on Sunsets face, giving her the same feeling as well.

" All of you are probably wondering how I met her, and the answer is, a friendship lesson. The enchanted table in my Castle pointed to where I was needed most, and It happened to be Canterlot. And when I noticed that there was a photo of a certain Griffin and Sunset Shimmer in the hall of memories, that got me curious. I wanted to meet this griffin, so I went looking for her. I later got in contact with this mysterious griffin that knew my friend. And that her name was Scarlet Wing. She told me some deep stuff that had been going on for the two. And at the same time, Sunset told me that she had remembered her friend and asked if she should see her. That's when I knew that my mission was to reunite a um...friendship."

Twilight gives an awkward smile. The girls even questioned why Princess Twilight stuttered.

" Anyways, It took Scarlet some time to build her confidence to come over, but now she's ready to talk about everything."

Scarlet took a deep breath. And stated to say.

" Sunset.."

She said. Her pitch voice not being to high or too low, as Sunset Shimmer rememberd. She continued to talk.

"let me start out by saying I'm sorry. The day you sacrificed your memory instead of mine was the saddest day of my life. I felt defeated, ashamed of myself, alone, and unloved, but that was no right for me to abandon you. The next time I saw you, you were beside the girls that would bully me, instead of going against them like you always would. And before I knew it, you were changing. They told you the wrong things, and you accepted it. And if I just had sicked with you when you where the most vulnerable state, you would have never been the person that those girls taught you to be. They lied to you. You were never like that to start out. You were kind, strong, compassionate, smart, and outgoing, unicorn. And you were so kind to me. You never deserved a horrible past..."


It was dead silent. Sunset was going to say something, but Scarlet stopped her. She still had more to say.

" I'm not finished. I'm responsible for your She-Demon act, your insecurities, lack of confidence, however that phase in your life scarred you. And I was, so selfish! And I was such a coward! I worried about how horrible the situation was, and I-I dropped everything and ran because I was heartbroken when you lost your memories. I should have considered re-introducing myself. And rebuilding our memories in hopes that my loonies would go away, but...then...I...I..."

Twilight puts a had on her shoulder.

" let the words fall out Scarlett..."

" I-I then thought about the times we'd share our love for each other. I was thinking to myself if that spark was gone forever. I was love sick. And depressed..."

Scarlet was forming tears in her eyes. The girls gasp at what was said. Sunset was in love? Sunset was aware of those feelings to start with. Since she remembered Scarlet Wing, she immediacy remembers how valuable she was to her. Apart of her was mad that she didn't get all her memories that she spent with. Maybe since the Magic of friendship was the one that destroyed the memory, that might mean I only receive memories of us being friends and not lovers. She thought.

" B-But that was no good reason to run from you. Y-You were always there for me when I-I was never was there for myself. And I left you because of my s-stupid feelings! I..probably don't even deserve to be in your site, or express myself to you. And It's okay if you feel that way. You have every right to be upset with me. And you do not need to accept my apology if you really don't want to...I should not have let you go. It's the most stupidest decision I've ever made. And I am really Sorry Sunset...Shimmer-"

Sunset immediately hugs her tight, water in her eyes as well. Her eyes glowed. Receiving the girls feelings and thoughts of the event. And when she had to live without her.

" It's okay Scarlet. It's over. I'm not like that anymore. And you couldn't have know those things would happen. And of course I forgive you. Having only one person who really cared about you, can make you do actions before thinking about what smart thing you could have done. I understand. I've made the same mistake."

Scarlet starts sobbing.

" You remember the things you would d-do for me? T-The times you'd make me feel welcome when everyone called me a freak? O-Or the time you'd make me feel like I can be myself? The times you would help me? The times I felt lonely...you would hold my claw, hug me, and..."

It was hard for Scarlet to control her emotions. She was always the one with mood swings. And looking back to when she was a coward, she felt more guilty of receiving Sunsets comfort.

" Y- You would kiss me, and tell me it's alright."

Sunsets eyes glow once more. But only this time, she could see every moment the girls would have as lovers. Every good and bad times they would face, and in ten seconds flat, she could remember the love they shared together. She remembers every memory they shared. She was not only emotional because she can feel it from the Burgundy haired girl, but because she realized her years without Scarlet Wing sucked. Looking back to the times she was evil, she felt miserable for not having her love that was hiding from her. Sunset squeezes harder into the hug.

" Yes...I do remember. Every moment. I'll never understand why those ponies where mean to you. You are a sweet, hilarious, persevered, and gentle griffin. I wanted you to feel comfortable with your appearance, you deserve way better than that. And I care about you for who you are. But...I-I did a horrible job Scarlet...I'm the one who should be apologizing."

Scarlet pulls away, hands on Sunsets arms. She looks into Sunset's turquoise eyes.

" W-What do you mean?"

Sunset swallowed hard.

"If I had let you get zapped by that spell, I could have reversed it, but I pushed you out of the way instead. It was not my brightest plan. I can't forgive myself for making a dumb decision that not only made me believe who I wasn't, but make you feel like I left you forever. Just the idea of some evil unicorn casting a spell on you, made me so mad. I have this instinct to make sure your not hurt. At all! I thought I was protecting you from harm's way, but I wasn't. Emotions of not having the most amazing creature around, is more painful than getting blast in the head with a spell. Instead of being your savior, I only made you suffer for the past six years. This could have been avoided. I'm...I'm so sorry Scarlet...I-"

Scarlet puts her fingers on Sunsets lips, making the red haired girl blush.

" Like you said before, we make stupid actions when we care about someone. It's both our faults that we were apart for so long. We might not ever forgive ourselves for those choices, but at least we've learned something from them right?..."

She tilts Sunsets faces up so she would look at her, and puts her other hand on her cheek, wiping off a stray tear. Sunset smiles and leans her wet cheek into Scarlet's hand. She sniffles and asks.

" Yes. I've learned a lot, that I didn't think I had to ever face. What did you learn..."

" I've learned how to block myself from the negative ponies. And stand up for myself when you weren't around."

Sunset smiles. She's tried teaching her that, and now she can defend herself with words. She then thinks about the bad things she's done. looks away and asks.

"So, do you know what I did when I wasn't the right person?..."

Sunset said with a bit on anxiety in her tone. Scarlet takes a breath and says.

" It wasn't Princess Twilight's place to tell, so no. And if I do or don't hear about it, or if you do tell me about it, I won't care either way because your not that way now. And right now, I would like us to spend every moment we've got with each other. That's if you want to of course..."

Sunset blushes, her mood brightening. She moves her hands to the girl's shoulders, along with Scarlet's hands on Sunsets cheeks.

"Of course. Would you stay here at CHS with me?..."

Sunset starts lean up. Scarlett starts to lean down and says

" I'd love to..."

She barely says, wanting to kiss the other girl so bad. As slow as possible, Scarlet finally captures her lips. The kiss lasted three seconds. They pull away, gazing into each others eyes once more. And before they knew it, they were leaning in for a deeper kiss, moving their bodies closer than before. When there kiss lasted for about eight seconds, they released their lips. They pushed on each other's foreheads, noses brushing, and fingers interlaced. These were moments the two missed. Always reassuring each other it's alright, always touching one another, and always staying with each other as long as the moment could last. They were hoping that this moment would last forever but, there perfect moment came to an end with a big.

"awwwww..."

Sunset and Scarlet sheepishly look away from each other. Still hands on each other.

" Oh sorry girls...we kinda got caught up in the moment..."

The girls giggle at the couple. Sunsets blush begins to deepen a darker shade of red.

" I told you you two would get together..."

Sunset hugs Scarlet. Her head on her chest, and her hands on Scarlet's lower back. Scarlet wraps her arms around her. She turns to Princess Twilight and says.

" Thank you Twilight. For..everything. I don't know where I would be.."

Twilight Sparks says.

" Your quite welcome. Any for your information, you would still be on trash duty if it weren't for me..."

A few of the girls laugh at Twilight's comment. Afterwards, the girls start telling Twilight.

" We owe you big time Twilight..."

Sunset says sighing at the warmth of her her girlfriends chest.

" You girls have gotta give me details on how your love story went! Oh! I've got the best couple outfits for you to module! You two would look gorgeous!"

Rarity babbles.

" We Should Play TRUTH OR DARE, OR ASK COUPLE QUESTIONS TONIGHT AT THE SLEEPOVER! That way will know all about your girlfriend, and...your Best MOMENTS TOGETHER! I'M TOTALLY BRINGING GELATIN CAKE!"

Rainbow Dash smacks her palm to her face. Of course Pinkie Pie would make that disgusting cake she thought.

" You two should act out your story tonight! It'd be like a play! I'll be the fire breathing dragon, if there's one in the story of course."

Spike says flexing his small biceps with excitement. The coupe laugh along spikes idea. It would be fun. Rainbow dash shrugs off the thought of cake, and thinks all the pranks she could do to embarrass the couple.

" I'm totally going to embarrass you guys!..."

Rainbow Dash gives a mischievous smile and rubs her hands together. Sunset rolls her eyes.

" Just ignore her. It's not as bad as she puts it.."

Scarlett giggles. She remembers their most awkward moments and says.

" I don't think it will be as bad as our awkward moments in Celestia's school..."

Rainbow objects and says.

"Ha! That's all gonna change! And you don't even know what's coming..."

Applejack gives her a glare.

" Now Dash, it's the first day in six years these girls have met up again. Don't ya get too chaotic with those pranks of yours. Wouldn't want to make Sunset mad..."

Applejack gives a giggle and thinks back to the last time Sunset was furious. Rainbow Dash says.

" Comeon! You think Sunset will get mad over me? I'm actually helping her..."

Sunset lifts an eyebrow. All the girls say with sarcasm.

" Right..."

Scarlett says.

" Getting in a fight with Sunset was the worst idea ever. She's always the one winning, and giving you a nasty scar in the end . Rather it's with words or attacking you. But if your doing something to get her mad from embarrassments, I hope you have a plan afterwards. I have my experiences."

Sunset giggled at Scarlet's words. She remembers the time when Scarlet kept messing round with her experiments, and she would get mad when Scarlet would take her spell book when she wanted attention.

" As nerve acting and frustrating I felt with you doing that to start with, I actually had a lot of fun. The time I'd catch you, and put a spell on you that made you angry with me, was our funniest moments. And you also showed me that sometimes you just need to have some fun. You may not have noticed, but you made my my studying days better.."

Scarlet looks at her with disbelief.

" Seriously?...I thought you found that annoying. I mean, you turned me into a mouse Sunset! A Mouse! I thought you were getting so annoyed, that one sound I made, would make you furious."

The girls took a pause, then started to howl with laughter. The idea of Sunset Shimmer using her magic for payback was priceless. After aminute of laughing, Sunset finally was able to say.

" To be honest, I wanted a reason to do that to you. I like messing with you two you know. Getting on each other nerves seemed to be one of the things that brought us closer together. And by the way, I knew you were in need of attention."

Sunset winked at her.

"Ohhhhhh"

Scarlet said nothing and gave into the embarrassment. Sci-Twilight rolls her eyes and says.

" I don't know about you Sunset, but I would do that because I wanted to get my work done."

The girls snickered. Of course Twilight would be more frustrated than Sunset. She takes her studys way to serious. Before Princess Twilight could add to that comment, her cutie mark on her skirt starts to glow. She stands up and says.

" I would love to stay longer, but I should get back to my duties in Equestria. I'm glad I was able to bring together not only friendship, but love."

The two girls blush. It was true, if it weren't for Twilight, they would never had reunited. The other girls stand up. Sunset hosts Scarlet up, holding onto her so she wouldn't fall. They all give a big group hug.

" Thanks again Princess Twilight..."

Sunset says.

" Glad to help..."

She says. They pull away from their hug. Twilight turns to the portal, and starts to walk through it.

" Bye Twilight! See ya later!"

Pinkie Pie says. The long purple haired girls smiles and waves till her whole body passes the portal. The girls look over Scarlett Wing.

" You are Going to have So Much Fun Here!"

Pinkie Pie says briefly.

" I'll take ya to the farm some time!"

Applejack says putting a hand on the girls shoulder.

" And I'll have you experienced in all the styles of clothes in no time!"

Rarity says.

" the animals would love to meet you at my shelter..."

Fluttershy says with a calm tone in her voice.

" I'll show you all the stuff I know in soccer!"

Rainbow Dash says. Before anyone else could say what they wanted to show the new girl, Scarlet breaks in quickly saying.

" I'm really looking forward to it, But would someone please just show me how to walk..."

Sunset smacks her forhead in realization.

" Of course! That's the first thing we have to do! Pinkie Pie, wanna be the model of walking?"

Pinkie Pie says.

" Of course!"

She starts to Model, and explain in simple details how to walk like a human. It took Scarlet a while to understand, but she's easily catching on every detail to the first step in this world.

Author's Note:

Let me know if there are any errors I made or you don’t understand something. I’ll anwer your question and fix it as soon as I can.

Comments ( 1 )

Did you like it, not like it, or was it hard to understand some parts ? Tell me what you think about my story. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment