• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 396 Views, 1 Comments

A plague from the moon - Basil



Ponyville's routine is being alterated by a mysterious disease. It's its first appearence ever, nopony has ever heard of it before. It will be the Mane 6's duty to find a cure: will they manage to take the unknown disease down?

  • ...
 1
 396

Chapter 5: First Symptoms?

Twilight had spent 3 whole days in that huge library. Not that there were any doubts anyways.. if there's somepony who's capable of spending such large amounts of time on studying books, that certainly is Twilight. Spike had met Rainbow Dash when he was restoring his energy (well.. not that he actually needed it...) at the massive library buffet, she was looking for Twilight in order to ask her if there'd be anything related to Daring Do there. I mean.. if there was, Dash couldn't miss it! But again, finding Twilight in that maze would have been comparable to finding a cloud in Ponyville's sky after Rainbow Dash cleared the sky. I'm not sure where Rainbow Dash had went.. probably she headed at home and waited for Twilight to show up again like the next day or so. Twilight only retired to the Golden Oak Library at late evening, after having passed 3 nights in the library.

"Spike? Are you there?" called Twilight, after gently opening the wooden door.

"T-t-twilight..." a little voice waved in from the main room.

"Oh my! Spike! Are you okay??" screamed Twilight, after the scaring sight that was in front of her eyes.

Something had happened to Spike. He was laying on the floor, defenseless. His belly seemed attached to the floor, the only things you could see moving from him were his paws, in the desperate attempt of being noticed by Twilight. The floor around him was slightly wet.

"..welcome back.. I'm.. sorry for getting the floor a bit wet.. my eyes just started.. weeping.. and I feel tired, so tired I can't.." babbled Spike, with a very low voice tone.

"Spike, speak no further please.. I'm taking you to bed. You'll explain me whatever happened when you'll have got some rest first.. you really don't have a good shape.. please, tell me if there's anything I can do for you. I'm here with you now, don't worry about a thing." gasped Twilight in amazement, while quickly grabbing Spike and pulling him under her bed's blankets, in the bedroom. She flew upstairs as fast as she could've.

"Spike.. you might have exaggerated with sugar stuff at the buffet, I feel like that's why you're feeling so bad" supposed Twilight, with a reproaching tone.

"Ugh.. maybe.. you're right.." sobbed Spike. "but I've never felt like that before.. "

"Oh Spike, come on, it's just a heavy stomachache. Just get some rest and you'll be fine" interrupted Twilight, while going downstairs.

Twilight's behaviour was very weird.. her mood escalated from being really worried for Spike to ending up to almost not caring about him. She could have just been tired, after all.. and she knew well how gourmand Spike can be. Maybe she also was a bit offended by the fact that Spike had left her alone in the library.. while, well.. he stayed outside, filling his stomach up with sweet confectionery bombs.

"Alright Twilight, it's time to finish True Love Comes from the Stars, I can't wait to find out how it ends!" soliloquied Twilight. "Spike will be fine, no need to worry about him. He has passed through worse than just some stupid stomachache already, he'll probably jump off the bed totally renewed by tomorrow." said Twilight while grabbing her book and getting herself in a comfortable position in front of the bookend.

"Over 2.000 pages of plot twists and true love full dedication", that's how Twilight describes it.. but, realistically, just another brick-sized love romance she had got addicted to. True love is a very controversial topic, something that's always been contemplated by everyone. Is it real? Does it actually exist? Is there someone who's ready to actually truly love you no matter what? Let's be realist, most likely not. This is one of the very few phenomenon Twilight couldn't scientifically explain.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I'm not dead. Just took a veeeery long break, but I'm happily back to writing now. I'll be writing many relatively short chapters, I'm not a fan of thousands of words per one. Well.. hopefully someone's still interested in this! Have a nice day regardless everypony <3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment