• Published 17th Mar 2018
  • 396 Views, 1 Comments

A plague from the moon - Basil



Ponyville's routine is being alterated by a mysterious disease. It's its first appearence ever, nopony has ever heard of it before. It will be the Mane 6's duty to find a cure: will they manage to take the unknown disease down?

  • ...
 1
 396

Chapter 2: Pinkie's Status

Author's Note:

As author, I would just like to apologize for any grammar mistakes I could have made. It's my first time I write something similar in English (I'm native italian) and I hope that you will enjoy the reading regardless.

Twilight and Starlight frantically arrived to the Sugarcube Corner. The shop was closed, so they had to knock on the main door with the hope that somepony would answer.


"Hello? Is anypony there? Pinkie? Mrs. Cake?? Please answer!" Said Starlight, while hastily knocking on the door.

"Starlight, keep calm!" Said Twilight with a funny grin, while grabbing and holding Starlight's hooves and looking at her deep into her eyes. "It's alright Starlight, there's no need to worry that much about it! We all know how Pinkie's made.. since it was a night party, maybe she simply was tired and fell asleep, and, to be honest.. It's also possible that she's been tricking you, don't forget it's Pinkie Pie!" Said Twilight, with a wide smile upon her face.

"You're right, Twilight" replied Starlight. "It's just that.. I've been really worried.. I even neglected myself because of this whole situation.. maybe I've exaggerated, after all"

"You've been worried for a friend, Starlight, this can only mean that you're a really caring pony! You should be admired for what you've been doing!" Proudly replied Twilight. "Don't worry, I'll handle this situation myself now. You can go get some rest in the meanwhile! Pinkie will be fine, you have my word!"

"Alright, phew.. Thank you, Twilight.. I guess I'll just go back to the Castle of Friendship to have a hot bath, adjust my mane, and.. well, get problems out of my head. Thank you for helping and supporting me, Twilight! I really appreciate that!" said Starlight, with a calm tone.

That said, Starlight galloped her way back to the Castle of Friendship.


Twilight was really proud of Starlight. She felt fulfilled, since Starlight had been her student for quite a long time.

When Twilight was just about to gently knock on the door again, it was opened by Mrs. Cake. She didn't look worried at all, just like nothing had ever happened to Pinkie Pie.


"Oh, hello Princess Twilight.. erm.. was it you heavily knocking on the door like 2 minutes ago..? Has.. something happened?" said Mrs. Cake, with a surprised tone.

"Mh, hello Mrs. Cake... I'm very sorry to disturb you. I was told by Starlight that something has happened to Pinkie.. I've just come here to check on her. Is Pinkie at home? If yes, is there any way you could let me in and check on her?" replied Twilight.

"Sure, princess!" happily exclaimed Mrs. Cake. "Come in! Act like if you were home! Pinkie is probably sleeping, her room is upstairs!"

"Thank you for your kindness, Mrs. Cake!" replied Twilight, with a wide smile. "It wo..."

Just as Twilight was about to finish her sentence, her stomach grumbled. She was very embarassed, and her cute cheeks turned lit red.

"..I.. I'm.. sorry, I've skipped breakfast today..." stuttered Twilight, while looking at Mrs. Cake and fondling her own mane.

"Speak no further, Twilight!" said Mrs. Cake, interrupting Twilight. "You've come to the right place! Let me prepare you something sweet to satisfy your royal.. stomach needs!"

"Royal stomach needs? Oh, Mrs. Cake, come on.. a muffin or two will do!" said Twilight, while her cheeks unblushed.

"Aye, ain't ya forgetting about someone here, Twily?" Spike's voice popped in.

"Oh, hey Spike! I honestly thought you were sleeping.." awkwardly said Mrs. Cake. "Don't worry, I'll get you something too! Just give me a few minutes! You could go upstairs and check on Pinkie in the meanwhile! She's probably sleeping, though.."


While Mrs. Cake went to the kitchen, Twilight and Spike took the stairs and found themselves in front of Pinkie's room. It was the first time that Twilight entered Pinkie's room. Her room's door was painted with random colorful brush stripes, Pinkie had probably painted it when she was a little filly.
She was pretty calm, and so was Spike. The fact that Mrs. Cake knew nothing about Pinkie passing out was pretty much a confirm that Pinkie was alright. The only way to find out, though, was to open that door.

Pinkie was laying on her bed, under the blankets. She had her eyes wide open, gazing at the ceiling. She wasn't sleeping.. but she wasn't moving either. The rest of the room was surprinsingly tidied up. I mean, it's not news that Pinkie is always very busy with her parties, so it was pretty normal for her to have a messy room.


"..Pinkie..? Are you.. there?" Said Spike, while getting closer to her and waving his paws in front of Pinkie's eyes, with the hope that she'd look away. "Well.. that's weird now.. she actually seems to be in some sort of coma.."

"Hmmm.. Let me try something, Spike" Said Twilight with a faithful tone, while gently pulling Spike away and getting closer to the bed Pinkie was laying on. "Alright Pinkie. You can fool Starlight and Spike, even Mrs. Cake, but you won't fool me! Lets see if you can stand.. the tickle monster!" Said Twilight, while literally jumping on Pinkie's bed and tickling Pinkie all over her body.


Pinkie tried her best to resist, but it was evident that she was holding some crazy laughs. She managed to keep them inside for a maximum of 10 seconds, then she'd just cry of laughter and shake her hooves around in the desperate attempt of stopping Twilight.


"BGHAHAHAHAH!" Joyfully screamed Pinkie, while trying to use an understandable wording between the laughs. "Hahaha okay Twilight you caught me, please stop now!"

"Ha, I knew it!" Said Twilight, while getting off Pinkie and pointing her hooves at her. "Pinkie.. Starlight seriously got extremely worried because of you! Don't you think you've exaggerated a bit?"

"Well.. a little little bit, maybe.." replied Pinkie. "We were just having some fun tonight and I thought I'd scare her a bit but I thought it was funny and it had been funny indeed but I won't do something similar ever again I pinkie promise Twilight"

"Pinkie promise then?"

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye" said Pinkie while keeping her hoof on her chest, pointing to the heart.

"Alright Pinkie.. you owe Starlight some excuses." Said Twilight with a serious tone.

"Yep!" Exclaimed Pinkie, while bouncing towards the door. "I'm gonna look for her now it's been nice talking to you Twily but now I have to apologize to Starlight, bye!"

These were Pinkie's last words. Twilight tried to stop her just so she could at least tell Pinkie where Starlight was since she knew it, but, just as she opened her mouth to speak, Pinkie was downstairs already.

"Uhm.. that just happened.." Said Spike, out of the awkward silence. "Pinkie is such a playful pony.. Well, she certainly knows how to keep a party alive, I guess!"

"That's right, Spike! I'm happy that she's alright.. and we can still go to our library inauguration!" Said Twilight with a joyful tone.