• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 749 Views, 9 Comments

Smokin! - foaloutboy



Twilight meets a handsome colt, who's putting on a magic show in Ponyville and is starstruck.

  • ...
17
 9
 749

Chapter 1

Wind and rain raged outside as Twilight Sparkle and her dragon assistant Spike sat inside.

"This stinks" said Spike "can Rainbow Dash just push the rain clouds away?" he asked.

"I highly doubt it" said Twilight, looking out the window "that's probably against the rules about pegasi controlling the weather. I guess this means the movie marathon is cancelled, there's no way the others can make it over here in such a storm."

I'll send the word out." said Spike, quickly jotting a word of cancelled plans on a scroll and sending it off to the other ponies in a burst of green flame.

"Hey, what's that?" asked Twilight, looking out at a dark figure outside. "I think somepony's caught out in the rain."
She grabbed her unbrella and opened the door, opening her umbrella with some magic. Stepping outside, she was nearly swept off her feet by the quick wind.
"Hello!?" Twilight called. In the darkness, as the figure moved Twilight caught sight of the deepest blue eyes she had ever seen. The figure dashed towards Twilight, she stepped aside, unblocking the entrance to the dry haven of the library.
"Come inside" TWilight said. She closed the door beind them and put away her umbrella.

Turning around, Twilight got her first good look at the pony she had rescued from the rain. It was a colt; a unicorn. He had a pale grey coat and deep blue eyes, his mane and tail were curls and swirls of light and dark grey. His cutie mark was a bright white star with swirls of smoke around it.

"Thanks so much for rescueing me!" He smiled at Twilight, who felt her face grown hot and her hooves feel sweaty, though she wasn't sure why.

"I...um...uh" Twilight found herself gazing at his coat, sleek with rain-water. "Um, No problem!" she squeaked, blushing again.

"Boy, too bad this storm had to hit just as I came into town, and I'm supossed to be setting up at the theater." said the colt.

"Theater?" asked Twilight, "are you an actor?"

"Oh no" said the colt "I'm a magician! My name is Smokin Mirrors." he smiled at her again.
Twilight felt her heart leap. A magician, in Ponyville!

"I'm Twilight Sparkle." Twilight introduced herself. "I can't believe it, another magician in Ponyville!" she said.
"You do magic too?" asked Smokin' "Not to brag or anything, but I learned from the best, I studied at Princess Celestia's school for gifted unicorns for years." he said.

"Oh really?" asked Twilight, "so did I, in fact I was, and still am, Princess Celestia's private student! Er, not to brag or anything.." she said, looking down at her hooves and blushing.

"Wow! The Princess' student! That's amazing!" cried Smokin' "and I thought putting on my own magic show was cool.."
Twilight used her magic to get a blanket from the sofa and drapped it around Smokin's shoulders. He smiled at her, causing her to blush.

"A magic show is very impressive!" said Twilight. "Why don't you sit down?" She led the handsome colt to the sofa and
watched him sit down.

"Spike, gho get our guest some tea" Twilight called.

"Oh no" Smokin protested, "I don't want to be any trouble."

"It's no trouble at all" said Twilight.
Spike, not happy about being ordered around stalked into the kitchen. He'd had a crush on Rarity for a while and could tell by the way Twilight was acting that she had a thing for Smokin.

As Spike came back with two mugs of tea, Twilight took one with her magic and set it on the table by her chair and carefully took the other in her hooves and handed it to Smokin. As their hooves touched, Twilight pulled hers back quickly.

"Oh look, the sun came out!" said Smokin.
Twilight looked over her shoulder to see he was right, the sun had broken through the clouds. She gasped as she saw a group of six ponies coming down the lane to her library house. She dashed to thw window and looked out, to see it was her friends. They all sported saddle bags, no doubt full of movies and snacks.

Twilight looked back at Smokin, who was drinking his tea. 'Oh no' thought Twilight. She loved her friends, but they were a bunch that needed getting used to, and she didn't want the moment between her and Smokin to be ruined.

"I'll..uh..be right back" said Twilight, before dashing outside.

"Hi Twilight!" called Pinkie Pie as Twilight galloped over, meeting the group half way.

"What are you all doing here!?" asked Twilight.

"Well we thought since the rain let up, we should hed over" said Rainbow Dash, from where she hovered a bit over the rest of them.

"Oh, never mind all that, the plans are cancelled, you all have got to go, now!" said Twilight

"What's the big deal?" asked Rainbow.

"I've sort of..got..uh company" said Twilight, gazing at her hooves, once more.
There was a squeal from the back of the group. "Oooooh! Twilight's got a boyfriend!" squealed Rarity.

"What! I do not!" Said Twilight "and I never will if you all don't go now!"

"So it is a boy!" said Rarity. "So, who is it? Anypony we know?" she asked, batting her lashes at Twilight.
Twilight shook her head. "You don't know him, he's knew."
Pinkie Pie gasped loudly, catching everyponies attention. "A new pony in town!? I've just got to introduce myself!" Pinkie Pie dashed towards the house.
Twilight's eyes grew wide. "Pinkie, no!" She ran after her. "Pinkamena Diane Pie, you get back here right now!" she called fruitlessly.

"Leave it to me, partner" said Applejack, pulling a rope from her saddlebag.
It was too late, as pinkie rushed inside. The rest of them burst in a few seconds later.
Twilight looked over to see Smokin sitting on the couch, watching Pinikie Pie bounce up and down in front of him.
"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, I'm Twilight's bestest, wonderfullest, most loveable, pinkiest, happiest, and most fun loving friend ever!" Pinkie was talking a mile a minute.
Applejack rushed inside and lassoed Pinkie, who fell to the floor. Applejack leaped over and quickly hogtied Pinkie.

"There! That Outa take care of her. The Orange pony smiled at Smokin.

"Howdy there, I'm Applejack" She looked down at Pinkie, who was still smiling, despite her situation. "I'll just.. uh.. get her outa your hair." She began to drag Pinkie towards the door.

"Um, it was nice to meet you both!" called Smokin as Applejack dragged Pinkie Pie outside.

Comments ( 9 )

Boring OC if you ask me...

dear god he looks like a trans-Sweetie Belle

951531
If only! A transgendered/genderqueer OC in the obligatory 'fucks whichever Mane 6 member gets the author hard' role would be interesting, if it was pulled off right.

Judging from the chapter posted, this author couldn't write it anyhow, so probably for the best.

951759

...

took me about a minute to understand what you wrote :rainbowlaugh:

Weird looking OC, but the story caught my interest i bit

How the hell did this story get so many dislikes, I like this story. Faved and tracked.

>>fireflutterpony
why would I want to write that?

cartoon ponies don't make me hard, I'm a girl you idiot
and what does my OC have to do with being genderqueer/trans?

get your shit straight :moustache:

Also when you used the word knew instead of new. Knew is the past tense of know. And new means something that has been just released or not old or someone who has just arrived in the area.

Login or register to comment