• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 718 Views, 6 Comments

Dark Sun Celestia - sakurabaz00x



The hour of Princess Celestia's passing approaches and everybody prepares for it.

  • ...
 6
 718

Restless Dreams or the cupcake that kept on giving

Restless Dreams

In my restless dreams I see her. Her wings. On me. I fly through the sky. The fearful night sky. I fly through the night. The stars, the clouds. This was what I wanted. Freedom. Freedom from the laws of gravity. To unleash myself, to expend my energy. To become... supersonic.

In my restless dreams she flies in the daytime. Soaking up the sun, practising her tricks. She is free. In all the ways I am not. But I am happy for her. Her place is in the skies. My place was in the bakery. Making cakes. Cupcakes.

In my restless dreams she remembers. She remembers that we were going to do something today. Me and her. Just the two of us. When we had first met she was resistant to me, but once we had found a common ground, pranks, we got attached to each other. We enjoyed the pranks. She does not know why I want to see her. What we are going to do. It is better for her not to know. She would know soon enough.

In my restless dreams she knocks on my door. I go to the door. She apologises for coming late. I tell her it's okay. She asks what we are to do. And I say... baking. She is disappointed. She thought we were going to prank someponies. In a way she is right. I was going to prank her and she was going to prank me. But there was no need to let her know about it.

In my restless dreams I offer her a cupcake. As a gift. As a starter. A precursor. She collapses. I catch her. I strap her to a machine. A machine not of chaos, not of harmony. But of cold, and unyielding order. She gets strapped in. I prepare my equipment. And I wait for her to wake up.

In my restless dreams she never wakes up. And I'm glad she doesn't. I look at her sleeping form. And I smile.

That's all I wanted.

There's something wrong with me. Well to be honest, there always was. Is it normal for a simple Earth pony to break the laws of physics, keep pace with Rainbow Dash in flight, AND break the fourth wall? Huh?

There was something wrong with me. Bottled up. But it was coming out. I couldn't let it control me. Twilight's a smart pony. I'm sure she'll know what's wrong with me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment