• Published 28th Nov 2017
  • 294 Views, 3 Comments

What Lurks Beneath The Surface - KOTLCfan



When the friends go on a camping trip for a little fun, what could go wrong? Well, maybe the creatures in the woods... and the dead bunny.

  • ...
 3
 294

The Dead Bunny and the Prank

It was a decently peaceful morning and the birds were chirping happily. The girls all woke up around noon after finding Spike in a hole. They thought that the business for the "Shiny Creature" would disappear but who knows?

Spike decided that he would prank the entire group, except Flutter-Shy, Flutter-Shy was in on it. Spike had a few ideas for this prank but they weren't decided yet. He would be finishing up the prank with Flutter-Shy around this evening.

"Hi, Apple-Jack. Hey, do you wanna ask Spike what he is planning to do?" Rainbow-Dash asked, laughing. "He plans to pull a prank over us! But we both know that will never happened!" Dash carries on laughing, even harder.

"How do ya' know this?" Apple-Jack asks and raises one of her eyebrows. "This seems-" Rainbow Dash cuts her off and answers the first question, and explains about how she heard Spike and Flutter-Shy last night. "You shouldn't be listening to private conversations!" Apple argued and glared at her friend. "Don't even think about saying that it's harmless!" Apple spat as soon as Dash opened her mouth to argue.

Rainbow's eyes softened. "Sorry." Rainbow paused. "I won't do it again and I will tell them I heard so they can come up with a new plan." Rainbow mumbled, her ears drooped. Not that Rainbow actually meant what she was saying.

"Thank you!" Apple exclaimed. "But..." Apple continued making Rainbow-Dash wonder... "You don't think I believe any of that, do you? You will just try to 'return the favor'. Well, I am bored so...although it's wrong... count me in." Apple accused and then whispered the last part and smiled. Rainbow-Dash was cheering on the inside but instead gave a smirk and flew up to the clouds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Spike formed a idea. He told Flutter-Shy and it became official. Spike decided to work on the details now that they know what they would be doing. "Okay, so... how about we get Angel to get involved? It would be fun!" Spike promised and grinned happily.

"I... I don't know about that. I mean I don't really want to involve him... Angel shouldn't..." Flutter-Shy said and Angel hopped up to her and Spike just as she finished. Angel gave her a look saying, 'What shouldn't I...?' Flutter-Shy blinked and looked at her. She sighed and spilled out the details of the "prank". She finished with, "The main thing is just getting them to believe that there is a friendship problem... between the shiny animal we saw and something else." Angel gave her a disbelieving look as if to now say, 'That plan will fail.' Angel pointed to the ground and then to her mouth, like he was hungry. Spike laughed.

"You feed her then we go in the woods and Angel can get the group to come." Spike said after a moment. "See you there!" He says before running off.

Spike wandered off into the woods and stopped dead in his tracks. He let out a yelp of surprise. In front of him, was a ... rabbit? He poked it with his tail. It didn't move. He poked it again. It didn't stir. He poked it a final time. There was no doubt... it was dead. And had a little glinty rock next to the corpse. Spike yelped loudly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Twilight was with all her friends except Flutter-Shy. They didn't know where she was. Twilight froze when she heard it and was in fear for Spike and Flutter-Shy. Angel jumped on a table and glared at them. He stomped his foot but no one seemed to see her except Pinkie-Pie.

"Guys, Angel is trying to tell us something." Pinkie said, and with that everyone's attention shifted to the little bunny. Angel, not a bit affected, stomped his foot and pointed to the ground near Twilight. Their eyes followed to where she pointed and they were confused. They looked at Twilight. Apple-Jack broke her gaze and said, "Spike." And with that everyone panicked.

"SPIKE! YOU GET INTO TOO MUCH TROUBLE WAY TOO QUICKLY!" Rainbow-Dash yelled. "Even for me that's a lot." Rainbow added. Rarity looked at Twilight and she gathered everyone up to be led into the woods to Spike, before more yelling happened.

Author's Note:

Trying to release as quickly as I can. OH! And I have my first dislike. Is it bad that I'm excited? Yeah... I guess it is but, this is my first story. I think this story is jerking in different directions all at once so don't worry! 1 more chapter and the story will be moving along steadily. I am going to be doing something with my friend on this story so I will talk about that in my blog.

Comments ( 2 )

I am confused by what you mean when you said spell the names right but I did fix Angel's gender... sorry about that. And in the last paragraph, Angel isn't talking just giving Flutter-Shy looks and signs but I spilt it into paragraphs.

Wrong page. Oh and because of some recent ... things. I have decided to sadly discontinue this story. Oh well.

Login or register to comment