• Published 28th Nov 2017
  • 294 Views, 3 Comments

What Lurks Beneath The Surface - KOTLCfan



When the friends go on a camping trip for a little fun, what could go wrong? Well, maybe the creatures in the woods... and the dead bunny.

  • ...
 3
 294

Where did Spike go?

Twilight Sparkles walked along the the sides of the rivers. Pinkie-Pie was bouncing up and down the entire time and bumped into Twilight. "Sorry!" Pinkie shouted and stopped bouncing. "I was just excited! OH!! Do we get marshmallows?" Pinkie exclaimed.

Twilight looked at her bouncy friend and smiled. "Sure Pinkie." Twilight answered looking at the trail.

"Are we there yet?" Whined Spike who was carrying all of Twilight's stuff.

"Actually, yes." Twilight chirped and gestured towards the spot. Apple-Jack looked at Rarity and smiled, amused.

"Yep. I think that ya'll did a wonderful job pick'in out this area." Apple-Jack said. Angel looked at her and stomped his tiny foot. Flutter-Shy looked at the rabbit and laughed at the little creature.

"What is it?" Flutter-Shy asked. Angel ran around, frantically, while the others were puzzled. "I think Angel senses something." Flutter-Shy says.

Twilight and the group decided it was nothing and began to unpack while Flutter-Shy was talking to Angel. The group played in the stream nearby, well except Rarity who came out and frowned. "Where did Spike go?" She asked.

Rainbow Dash paused and looked at her, Twilight shook her head, smiling. "It's probably nothing." Twilight said calmly to her. "He just went on a walk, I think." Twilight pulled out a book, using her horn and came out of the stream. "He is probably on his way back now." She opened her book.

"I've been looking for him for a while so he could help me find my diamond clip." Rarity argued. Twilight sighed and nodded. "Let's go look for him, then." Rarity said after everyone agreed except for Angel. "Flutter-Shy, you can stay with him if you want."

"I think that, that would be best..." The shy pony answered. She watched the others leave the stream and head towards the pathway. Flutter-Shy settled down onto a blanket with Angel and sang a little song and time flew by. She paused as she heard a scream. Angel looked up at her, startled. "It's nothing, maybe Rainbow-Dash pulled a prank." Flutter-Shy said, feeling anxious for her friends. "Maybe, we should go after the group." She suggested.

Angel stomped his foot. Flutter-Shy took it as a angry 'No.'

"Fine, you can stay here." She said, determined. Angel glared at her and refused to move. "Are you coming or not? It's okay if you don't want to." Flutter-Shy asked, gently. Angel blinked and shook his head. "That's okay." She said and began to walk away into the woods after her friends.

Author's Note:

Constructive Criticism is appreciated.