• Published 30th Oct 2017
  • 689 Views, 3 Comments

Oh Bearer Mine - JunebugTheBug



Equestria's brave protectors have existed for centuries, you are one of the newest ones.

  • ...
3
 3
 689

Actual Grandeur

You didn't seem worried about how the Sisters were going to react to your appearance, though, judging by the looks you got on the streets, it wouldn't be good.

You didn't care, the Ahamkara bones convinced you that it wouldn't matter.

They weren't real anyway.

The Ahamkara bones had convinced you of that, too.

They told you that you were the only true ‘real’ one here. You asked the bones about the changeling mare running the antique shop, and why you remembered much more detail about her than anything else.

The bones told you that she, too, was real, but that she had already left.

So you tried it out, saying, "I am more real than this." It felt good. "I am the only real person here." It felt like their looks, their insults, went soft.

The fake can't harm the real, oh bearer mine.

The guards at the castle gates allowed you to go through, recognizing you as a protector, needing to speak with the Sisters.

As you made your way to the throne room, the guards patrolling gave you strange looks, the maids staying far from on in your way.

It didn't matter how they reacted. What mattered was how the Sisters would react.

One of the guards probably notified them that you had arrived, and the letter had told them who you were.

Finally at the throne room doors, the guards informed you that a petition was being heard, and that you would be next.

When the petitioner finally left, they gave you a strange look, as had the guards when they thought you weren't looking as you entered.

The Sisters were conversing with their assistants when you entered, a lull in the Day Court. The Nobles in seats around the room to observe the proceedings, and muttering about something or other.

When you entered, all attention was directed to you, there was no sound other than your steps on the stone.

The Older Sister cleared her throat and held up your letter. "Are you the one who wrote this?"

You confirmed, "I am."

The Younger Sister looked at your armor. "And what are you wearing?"

You looked her in the eyes. "Bones of the Ahamkara."

The room grew much colder.

The Older Sister looked down at you, "Then you will relinquish them and allow us to destroy them."

You refused.

She glared at you, at your defiance, "Then I will have to destroy them while they are on you."

You spread your arms out with a smile, challenging her. "Go ahead, try."

And she did.

She let loose a beam of magic from her horn, and acting quickly, you put both of your palms in front of you, blocking or deflecting it with a power you weren't sure you even had, as the blast appeared to consume you.

When She finished, there was a stunned silence, as you simply put your arms back at your side.


Guards poured into the room as the Nobles fled. They surrounded you, pointing their spears and swords towards your neck.

You sighed, and struck out.

You deflected the sword blades with your gauntlets, using them to get the Guards off balance to throw them into others.

When the ones with spears tried to stab at you, you caught their weapons and used the hilts to bash their ribs and knock them out.

After minutes of fighting, there was only a single Guard left, on his knees. You took the spear you had, pulled it back, and swung the hilt at his chin, knocking him out, and snapping the spear in half.

Tossing the half of the spear you still had on the ground, you looked back to Sisters.

You were strong enough to stop The Older Sister's magic. Strong enough to fight off the the best the royal guard could throw at you.

All thanks to the power I gave you.

I gave it to you, because I knew you came from somewhere more real than this place.

And with that power, we can burn our way back there.

Can't we,

Oh Reader Mine?

Comments ( 3 )

I enjoyed it.

This is a good story

Login or register to comment