• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 308 Views, 2 Comments

Change Of Heart - PegasistersRule01



One of the changeling princesses, Amber, thinks that she is not treated as she deserved. This causes her to run away to the land of Equestria, where friendship is shared freely. In this, she discovers a secret...

  • ...
 2
 308

Chapter Two

Amber tried to get the thought of her power crazed sister off her mind, but to no avail. She gathered any necessary materials for her escape. A brown saddlebag, bandages, a black cloak, and a small leather pouch containing about fifty bits. She thought she had everything when she remembered. My journal! she thought worriedly, galloping back to her bookshelf.

Her horn emitted a bright red aura as she levitated a book with a sky blue binding towards herself and put it into her saddlebag. No pony could see this. It held all her secret desires and wishes, her hopes and dreams, everything. She put the book in her saddlebag, and quietly snuck out through her bedroom window. The night was dark due to a new moon. Amber thought to herself, I bet the moon is lucky, it gets to renew itself.

She threw the cloak over her body and peeked around the corner. Sure enough, there were two changeling drones standing guard. How do I get past them? she wondered. She looked around herself, but all she saw was the barren wasteland that surrounded the hive, stretching for miles.

She grabbed a pebble, thinking that this would never work. She tossed it to the other side of the soldiers, hoping it would make a loud enough noise to distract them. Of course, the guards flew off to investigate the noise.
They really are idiots she said with a facehoof. She quickly flew away from the door, off into the night, away from the place she once called home.

The flight was long, and she stopped on multiple occasions to rest. After what seemed like an eternity, she reached a forest. This place marked the border of Equestria. She realized that, to fit in, she would need to create a pony appearance.

A burst of maroon light surrounded her, enveloping her entire body. When the aura disappeared, she was a pony. Her fur was deep maroon, and she had a black mane. Her mane was cut short, as was her tail. There was a scar on her snout. A picture of a glimmering moon shone from her flank. A short, twisted horn protruded from her head.

Amber strained her back, preparing to take flight, but then remembered her lack of wings in this form. “I guess I’ll be walking from here on out,” she said to herself. She started at a trot into the woods before her.

The trees towered over her, and the forest was very dark. Strange plants that she had never seen before dotted the area and could be seen everywhere she looked.There were almost no places where she could sit without crushing a bush or a flower.

As Amber realized that the sun was coming up, she began to notice how tired she was getting. Looking around, she saw a clearing in the forest where she could rest. She walked over to the clearing, using her magic to levitate her saddlebags off of her back. Setting them on the ground beside her, she curled up on the ground, allowing sleep to pull her from reality.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is short, but I didn't know where else I could go with this one. The next one will be longer, I promise!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment