• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 308 Views, 2 Comments

Change Of Heart - PegasistersRule01



One of the changeling princesses, Amber, thinks that she is not treated as she deserved. This causes her to run away to the land of Equestria, where friendship is shared freely. In this, she discovers a secret...

  • ...
 2
 308

Prologue Part Two

It was the day before Arachne’s coronation, and neither Amber nor Chrysalis had seen much of the Queen-to-be. When they did see her, they never spoke. Arachne was never one for conversation.

Arachne spent most of the past week with Mantis, training for her future role as the Queen of the changelings. The rest of this time was spent in her room, studying war and battle strategy for future takeovers.

Amber spent some time on the subject too, for her new role in the hive. “General Amber,” she scoffed, speaking to nopony but herself in the silence of her room. “Why must I be general while the others get what I truly deserve?” She was, of course, jealous of her siblings, but she never let it show around them, as Chrysalis would never let her forget about it.

As Amber sat in her room, she closed her book with a sigh. She needed to get over her jealousy for her sisters and their position. Her mother had made the right call, right?

She stepped out of the door of her room, hoping to at least get a word in with Arachne. She walked past the numerous changelings in the hive, catching fractions of their conversations.

They were all talking about her. How undeserving she was of being a princess. How she shouldn’t be a princess just because her mane looks different. How they would deserve it much more than she would. They were probably right.

She walked past calmly, acting like she hadn’t heard what they were saying. She was fighting back tears, as their words were painful, but she didn’t want to show weakness in front of them.

She walked through the corridors, making her way to Arachne’s room in the ever-shifting hallways. Everything in the hive was a dark gray, save for a few glowing, green crystals scattered through the walls for light. She found it very dull, but she persevered. Perhaps this was why the ponies fascinated her so much. Their world was colorful and full of love and kindness.

The complete opposite of the hive. The changelings here didn’t care about anypony but themselves, and they made sure everyone else knew it. They gave each other disapproving glares in the passageways of the hive. They rarely spoke amongst themselves. They were servants to their Queen, and nothing more.

Amber didn’t give a flying feather about ponies who didn’t care about others. She could care less for any of the changelings, as she just wanted to meet somepony who cared about her and would fight for her if the need arose.

An ear piercing shriek echoed through the halls. Arachne! Amber thought as she broke into a gallop toward her sister’s room. She pushed changelings aside as she ran to her sister’s aid.

She burst into Arachne’s room and looked around in a panic. Jewelry was scattered across the floor. The indigo bed was a disaster. Books were pulled from the shelves, their pages were torn. The window was wide open, the curtains blowing in the wind. Arachne was nowhere in sight.

Chrysalis ran into the room, followed closely by Mantis, who was more angered than distressed. “Where is she?!” Mantis screamed. Her black, soulless eyes glared down at Amber, who was in tears.

“Where is she?!” Mantis repeated. “Tell me, foal!”

“I have a name, Mother! And it’s not foal!” Amber snapped at Mantis, running out of the room.

The next Queen of the changelings was missing, and nopony knew where she went.

Author's Note:

Hello! This is the end of my prologue! My next chapter will be posted who knows when but I'm sure I'll work out a schedule for posting up here. :rainbowkiss::scootangel::trollestia::derpytongue2: