• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,503 Views, 33 Comments

Be careful what you wish for - Little Storm Cloud

  • ...
1
 33
 1,503

Chapter 6

A/N: I used this chapter to spice up the story a little, plus i know how much you love cliffhangers, so I put in another



Now, the red earth colt didn’t looks happy. In fact, I can say he looked like I shoved a bee down his throat and now he was beat the living shit out of me. Now that I think about it, I should have given him the answers.

“So, this kid thinks he can get away with not giving me, of all the ponies in Equestria, help in maths?” geez this colt reminded me so much of Diamond Tiara, except he wasn’t adorable in any way. He was mean and pretty much ugly.

“Yep, pretty much.” Dammit brain! Don’t get cocky!

“Really” he said as he slammed me up against the lockers. I can’t say it hurt too much, but the look I saw when I looked into his eyes wasn’t nice. Understatement right there, folks. Let’s just say that it was the worst possible thing to look into.
They were the orbs of the devil. They were pretty much the angriest pair of hazel eyes you ever saw.

He continued his sentence “Because I think next time you’ll help me. I’m gonna ask nicely.”

What he did next blew my mind completely.

“PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!” he begged. My jaw hung open like a cave. Did he just say please? No, not say, whine the word please. He dropped to his knees and gave me, I hate to say it, the most adorable puppy dog eyes I’ve ever seen on a male creature.

“Please please please please pleeeee-eeee-eeeeaseeee!” Only one thought came to mind right now.

WHAT THE FUCK?

And you thought you were gonna get bashed.

Shut up, brain. I probably was going to and you know it. Now get me to say something.

“Uhh, ok.” Was the best it could come up with for me to say.

The colt regained his composure, stood up and looked at me. “Thank you.” He said. He turned around and his buddies walked off with him.

I was thoroughly confused. How this one colt could suddenly change from mean and snobby to something pathetic and,
I still hate to say, adorable. It must be a tactic I thought. He confused me so that I’d help him. He couldn’t be that soft. He had an entourage and stuff. What if it wasn’t a guise though?

“Soooooo, what was that about?” Flickers asked, looking completely confused.

“I was about to ask you the exact same question.”








The rest of recess consisted completely of an awkward silence and eating food. It passed quickly enough. Then the second period of learning came along, Equestrian. To me, it sounded like any sport to do with horses, but I was corrected quickly by Flickers. It was English class all over again.

Flickers and I sat down in the middle row next to each other. A teacher was at the front of the room. She had a blue mane and a mint green coat and was writing a few sentences up on the blackboard.

I decided instead of participating in some idle chit-chat with Flickers, I’d get ahead on work and see what the teacher was writing. Like a lot of the staff I saw at this school, she was a unicorn, and as I saw what she was writing, I was confused again. This is what I saw.

Sparkles. a regular pegasus. went to the market, She decided to buy a carrot. an apple. a cherry and some daisies,

Once again I was cursing, confused, in my head. Comma spaces the sentence, period finishes it, right? Once again, Equestrian antics had confused me.

“Quiet please, class!” the teacher called. The class fell silent quickly, unlike in mathematics where the entire class kept on chattering.

“Thank you. Class, I am your Equestrian teacher, Mrs. Shine. I’m hoping you all know a little about Equestrian. Who knows the alphabet?” she grinned as everypony in the class raised their hoof, including me. Hopefully, the Equestrian alphabet was the same as the English or the Russian alphabet, or my hoof in the air was one fat lie.

“Good. To start the lesson, how about we recite it? Three, two…” Now or never I guess. Or I could do it goldfish style, fake it and hope for the best.

“One.”

The whole class erupted in the jolly tune I remember from kindergarten, the one that went along the lines of this:

“A B C D E F G, H I J K L M N O P, Q R S, T U V, W X, Y AND Z!”

The noise was deafening. Why are children always enthusiastic? Small children make loud noises. Why! This world was messed up. The six year olds of the world get enough responsibility to have a locker, timetable and everything else some human around the age of fourteen gets in their first year of school. Why then, do they have to be taught like a kid in second grade? Why have they been given this responsibility if they are still in a hyperactive state of enthusiasm and too much red cordial?

My contemplation of this strange world was stopped by the teacher talking again “Good class! I think now we’ll do a little bit of grammar. You all seem capable of simple sentences. Who knows how to write? In full sentences?” More raised hooves, but only around eight of the fifteen, maybe sixteen young ponies were raised. Mine was one of them, as was Flickers. Those who didn’t have their hoof raised seemed a little embarrassed, and among some of the lighter coated ones you could see bright red on their cheeks.

“I guess it’s better than none. Let’s start with how to write. On the board I’ve written a sentence. Can somepony read it out for me?” she asked. A few hooves were raised. Mrs. Shine went over the hooves that were raised. I shrunk down a little, just in case she was one of those teachers who always pick someone with their hand, or hoof in this case, down.

She took one look at me and the look in her eyes told me that she was thinking one of two things: ‘Oh what a wonderful child, I think he will most definitely have the answer’ or ‘Oh, another child to pick on’.

She pointed a hoof at me and said “You there, Storm Cloud isn’t it? Can you please read the sentence on the board please?”

“Uh, yeah I guess.” I answered. I read over the sentence that I saw before and then read it out aloud. “Sparkles, a regular pegasus, went to the market. She decided to buy a carrot, an apple, a cherry and some daisies.” Well, I thought, at least you didn’t stutter.

“Great! Now, can you tell me what goes at the start and end of every sentence?” This question was one that tended to come around a lot. The answer was embedded in my mind, as it had been since first grade.

“Capital letter and period.”

“You have the capital letter right, but a period doesn’t go at the end of a sentence. It’s a simple mistake to make, but-” I cut her off, in hindsight it was rude, but I didn’t care at the time.

I was as stubborn as a mule when it came to intellectual things. If I thought something was right, I’d fight for my answer being the correct one no matter what. Even after someone proved me wrong, I’d say I was right.

“I think you’re wrong. A period goes at the end of a sentence.” I said flatly.

“Storm, it’s my job to teach you Equestrian. I’ll tell you now that a comma goes at the end of a sentence, not a period.” Mrs. Shine assured me.

“And as a pupil of this school, I think it my duty to correct you.”

“Storm Cloud, listen to me. To avoid detention, you should acknowledge me. A comma goes at the end of a sentence.”

My brain told me to stop and listen to the teacher from there. My gut, pride and honor said otherwise. My heart stayed out of the matter, for it knew this wasn’t the time nor place to get involved. “A period goes at the end of a sentence, Mrs. Shine. Period.” Out of the corner of my eye, I spied many looks, most being that of either admiration for me defying a teacher or pity because I was probably going to get one hell of a punishment. Flickers looked dumbfounded, however.

“Storm, out of the room. Now.” She had the ‘serious business’ look on her face. I could tempt fate and continue the argument, or I could obey and only get a scolding.

So I called her a bitch.

Comments ( 9 )

1290534 Nonononono. You have over one thousand cumulative views. People coming back and reading it more than once, so to speak. You actually have 421 individual views :twilightsmile:

1290743 So, i still have 1000 views :derpytongue2:

1290753 *shrugs* Depends on how you look at it, I guess. :pinkiehappy:

Yay cliffhangers

1332602 I am certain that you will enjoy the next chapter.

1388072 Well, duh. You are a GREAT writer.

1388287 Well, I don't think I'm that good, but thanks for the praise:pinkiehappy::pinkiesad2:

So I called her a bitch.

Yep, I called it.:twilightblush:

Equestrian grammar. huh? Geez. sounds like it a total mindbuck,

Login or register to comment