• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,502 Views, 33 Comments

Be careful what you wish for - Little Storm Cloud

  • ...
1
 33
 1,502

Chapter 1

Ok, let’s get this straight. I am, I mean was, a brony. A teenage boy who loved a show about talking ponies, who shared love and happiness all for the entertainment of small children everywhere. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic managed to attract an audience of adults and teens as well, and not just girls, guys too. How it did this I have no idea, but I got hooked as well.

After a few months, I had weird dreams. Like, REALLY weird. At first there was a… rather inappropriate fantasy with my original character and one of the characters off the show. Next things were like full on episodes of the show. But after a while, things went haywire. I started seeing ponies wherever I looked. In windows and ponds, stuff like that. After about a week of this, it stopped. Then I wished I could be in Equestria, the magical place full of ponies. That’s when the saying ‘be careful what you wish for’ decided to be really annoying and fu-, I mean buck, up my day.




I woke up after a peaceful sleep, and as usual I was too lazy to open my eyes. I would have to go to school today, so I might as well wait for my mother to come and wake me up. But she didn’t come. No opening my door and yelling ‘Cimeon, get your lazy butt outta bed and get ready for school’, nothing. That’s when I decided it was time to wake up for myself. I opened my eyes and all I saw was the sun. It was bright. So I closed my eyes and opened them about ten seconds later. I turned my head to the side and looked at the fresh green grass and smelt the fresh air. I knew this must be a dream. I wasn’t in bed, I wasn’t in a house, I was outside. So much to my delight, I fell asleep again.



When I woke up again, I opened my eyes immediately and was relieved to see that I was in a bed. That relief was washed away by a tidal wave when I noticed it wasn’t my bed. I looked around the room I was in, and it was massive. I felt dwarfed by the ceiling which must have been around eight metres up. The room had the typical décor most rooms have. Desk, chair, bookshelf, and the bed I was laying in. That about cut it. I noticed to my left was what could only be described as a makeshift medical station. It was a metal tray on a bedside table. On top of it were some bottles that I could only imagine contain pills of medicine, a glass of water, and some little odds and ends that could help with injuries. Next to it was one of those racks that hold IV drips upright. I had a little needle in my foreleg… wait WHAT?

I looked down to see that I hadn’t hands but hooves! My mind worked into overdrive to comprehend what had happened. But soon my brain just repeated one word: No. Nononononononononononononononononononononono! That was all I could think. Where did my hands and arms go? I looked down and took in what had replaced my body. A dark blue coat, out of the corner of my eyes I saw yellow and black hair. Mane I mentally corrected myself. I knew I was a pony. Colt to be exact. My wishes came true, and now I wished they didn’t. I knew who I was, I was my original character that I made a while back. Storm Cloud.

I began to hyperventilate. This was anything but normal. If I was in Equestria, and I was a pony, what the fuck happened. I
looked at the bag that contained the liquid flowing into my arm. It was labelled ‘fluids- vitamins and water’. Well, whoever picked me up had it in the right mind to keep me alive. All I could describe my environment as was ‘welcoming’. The walls were a pale red, and the sheets were pure white. I had calmed down a bit now, but I was still breathing heavily.

That’s when the door to my right opened, and a pale green pony with a white mane walked in. Now, she wasn’t the exact same as the ponies in the show. By that I mean she was a wee bit more realistic. Depth, that was it. Depth and hair of the realistic kind. It was a little creepy seeing a real Equestrian pony for the first time. I mean, I’d spent my entire thirteen years of life around humans, and this was a big leap from that. “Well, I see that you’re finally awake. Took you about a day but your fine.” She said. She was an earth pony, with a star necklace-thingy for a cutie mark.
About then I did something I would regret. My muzzle started to create foul words and I started jabbering on about human life. School, friends, sex, violence, war, communism, rape, murder, bills, robberies, anything. Then the pony went and got one of the bottles, pulled out a couple of pills, shoved them down my throat and with that I felt really fuzzy inside. Then I felt limp and passed out.



Sooner or later I came around, and this time there was a doctor there. Just staring at me, observing me. Creeping me out. As soon as I saw him I jumped under the covers of the bed. The reason I knew he was a doctor was that he had one of those stupid looking lab coats on. Also for the few seconds I saw him he had that ‘doctor’s look’ on his face. Any of you ever noticed that doctors have their own little look when they know you are sick or hurt. It looks like they’re concentrating really hard, but without all those stupid looks others make when they concentrate. Anyway, now I was just under the covers chanting the word home, thinking that this alone could send me back to earth. “It’s ok to come out, little one. I’m not here to hurt you, only to talk.” The doctor made an attempt at a reassuring tone, which failed miserably. I wasn’t going out for anything right now. But I popped my head out after a while because I knew that the doctor and that mare were whispering. I pricked my little ears up to see if I could catch a snippet of what they were whispering about.

That’s when they noticed I was trying to eavesdrop, and came closer and by the looks of it they wanted to ask questions. I could see it in their eyes.

Now I knew I had to play this smart. If I said I was human I would never get out, if I even talked about humans I could be labelled as insane and be put in whatever asylum they have for the mad in Equestria. That wouldn’t do, I came here because I wished to be here and I got what I wished for. What I didn’t wish for is to be called insane and put away forever.
The doctor then decided to break my chain of thought. “Hello there, I’m Doctor Gardens, and I just want to talk to you. Is that ok?” Doctor Gardens swished a loose part of his… mane... damn this terminology, out of his face. I hesitated to talk to him, because I have a really don’t like doctors. Mainly because they are the people who give you needles. It made me queasy to look at the IV drip needle in my foreleg, anything bigger than that would probably make me pass out. On the topic of doctors, they like giving me needles. Back when I was human, I needed them a lot. I had a really weak immune system due to a medical condition that I developed as a baby.

“Well? Are you going to talk to me, or do you need some more time?” Doctor Gardens asked. He seemed to want me to talk in my own time. I looked at his purple coat and cinnamon mane. An odd combination of colours, but it seemed welcoming enough.

“Ok, I’m ready.” I literally spoke just above a whisper. The doctor had an intimidating effect on me, and I guess pony vocal chords were a bit different to human ones, and I was still adapting to my new form. It felt weird different limbs. Imagine you were on all fours, but instead of your palms spread apart, you were on your fists. Now you have a little idea of what it feels like. Vague maybe, but an idea nonetheless. Anyway, the doctor looked at me awkwardly for a second, and during that second I formulated a game plan. My plan was to only know my name and hope for the best.

“Little colt, what is your name?” his opening was nothing graceful verbally, but at least he was straight into it.

“Storm Cloud. Um, sir.” I quickly added the last bit to try and be polite. If I got on the good side of the doctor right from the start, maybe things would turn out better for me. From kindergarten I had sugar-coated everything I had said so the teachers would almost always be in my favour. Hopefully pony-kind are the same as my teachers.

“Ok Storm Cloud, how old are you?” and this one was the one I dreaded the most, and why my game plan was to only know my name. On earth a colt is a male horse one to four years of age, and a filly is the same but female. In Equestria, these age boundaries could have been stretched a fair bit.

“I can’t remember, sir.” My voice was only barely audible. I don’t know how I managed to ramble on about all that stuff from earth before that mare drugged me.

“Umm, ok. Storm Cloud, who are your parents?” he asked with the concern obvious in his voice. I answered the question the same as the last, along with school, home and other family. Doctor Gardens played with his cinnamon hair for a little before writing some stuff down on some paper that the mysterious mare had given him.

Now the doctor decided to answer questions instead of ask. “Storm, you are probably wondering how you got here?” I nodded vigorously. “Well, the owner of this establishment, a mare who does not wish to be named, found you while going for a stroll. You seemingly passed out on the road, although there were no signs of any physical trauma. She carried you here, and quickly set up this small medical station,” I gave him a questioning look. How could a simple mare get proper medical equipment? Then the doctor answered that question. “from supplies she picked up from the hospital. She was granted access as she is a nurse. She didn’t want to take you into the hospital here in Hoofington for some reason, but she did look after you well.” He gave me a worried glance.

Somepony knocked on the door, and a grey pegasus with crossed eyes walked in. She gave Doctor Gardens a letter and made a slightly… loud departure. I flinched as the pot fell down, only to be quickly snatched up by the mare that looked after me.

The doctor opened the letter carefully, and unfolded a large piece of paper. He produced a pair of spectacles from a pocket on his white lab coat and sat them in front of his eyes. As he read what could only be called a document of the official kind, he began to look even more worried. After his look could get more worried, there was still more to read.
He suddenly spoke. “Storm Cloud, are you curious as to what this piece of paper is?” He looked me in the eye, expecting a quick answer. I nodded slowly. Fear and anxiety began to rise from the pit of my stomach. “Storm, this is a reply to an inquiry I lodged yesterday evening. I am quite a prestigious doctor in Equestria, and after the nurse who picked you up told me about the situation, I lodged an inquiry into all the missing foals from the past month. These are records from all the provinces in Equestria. You’re not on the list, nor do you match the appearance of any of the foals on the list.” I saw despair in his eyes. I now felt nauseous from anxiety, and I really thought I needed a bucket for a second.

“As I see it, there is only one thing we can do with you.” He looked me in the eye once more before saying “I’m very sorry to say, but you need to go to an orphanage.”