• Published 23rd Sep 2017
  • 8,037 Views, 444 Comments

Repercussions - shallow15



After Sunset Shimmer is attacked and put into a coma, her friends try to figure out who did it and why. (Not an Anon-A-Miss story)

  • ...
10
 444
 8,037

End Run

They landed on the CHS football field. It wasn't hard to figure out that was where Firecracker had gone. The lights of the field had been turned on, making the field stand out in the waning twilight. Rarity, carrying Applejack and Pinkie Pie with her, brought another crystal down. The three girls stepped off, and the crystal dissipated. Twilight touched down next to them, while Rainbow Dash hovered next to them.

Firecracker Burst was standing a few yards away from them. Her face was stern. As the five girls landed, she began walking toward them. Rainbow Dash and Applejack clenched their fists. Pinkie Pie grabbed one of her canisters of sprinkles. Twilight Sparkle raised her hands, glowing with her telekinetic power. Rarity held up a hand.

“Wait. Let me talk to her.”

As she started to walk toward Firecracker, Applejack grabbed her arm. “Are you sure, sugarcube? Seems like she ain't interested in talkin' anymore.”

“If she wasn't, she would have tried to blast us out of the sky as we came in.” Rarity gave Applejack a solemn look. “We have to give her a chance. Sunset would want us to give her a chance.”

After a moment, Applejack nodded and let Rarity go. Rarity straightened her tunic and walked across the field. When she got close, Firecracker held up a hand.

“That's far enough,” she snapped.

“Where are Moondancer and Sunset?” Rarity asked, a frown crossing her face.

“They're fine.”

“I think you'll understand if I don't take your word for that.”

Firecracker smirked and gestured to the bleachers to her left. Rarity turned her head to see a terrified Moondancer sitting on one of them. Sunset, clad in a hospital gown and still unconscious, was laying on the bench next to her, her head on Moondancer's lap.

“Are you all right, Moondancer?” Rarity called, looking back at Firecracker.

“Y-yes,” Moondancer stammered. “And Sunset's okay too, I think. She's still out cold.”

“Stay calm, darling, we'll get you out of this.” Rarity turned her full attention to Firecracker. “Since you didn't attack us the second we arrived, you must want something from us.”

“A deal,” Firecracker replied. “You take Moondancer, and you and your friends leave Sunset with me. In half an hour, you can come back and get her. And you will never see me again.”

Rarity folded her arms. “And if we were to take your most generous offer,” Sarcasm dripped from every word. “What about the magic? We can't let you leave with that kind of power.”

“You don't have a choice. I want insurance you aren't going to come after me.”

“You can't seriously think Gardenia would stand for this. You're considering cold-blooded murder!”

“Damn right I am!” Firecracker snarled. “Because of that bitch, Gardenia's parents kicked her out, cut her off from her college fund, and made her generally feel like shit! You have no idea how long it took me to put her back together! If she hadn't been lucky enough to get a scholarship to Baltimare, she wouldn't have been able to go to college at all! She tried to kill herself twice! I managed to stop her both times! Her life was almost completely ruined thanks to that bacon-haired twat over there!”

“Sunset's changed, Firecracker! She's not that person anymore. We know for a fact that Gardenia forgave her! Your girlfriend would not want this!”

“It doesn't matter what she wants, it's about what they both deserve!” Firecracker rubbed her face with a hand. When she spoke again, it was quieter. “Gardenia deserves justice for what happened to her. And Sunset needs to pay for what she did.”

“Sunset didn't force Gardenia's parents to abandon her. What she did was horrible, and, yes, it started all of this, but it wasn't her fault what happened afterward. That was their decision.”

“Don't you think I know that too? Why do you think it took me so long to get back to the bitch after I accidentally put her in the coma?” Firecracker's face became cold. “I took care of them once I figured out how to do what I wanted with the magic.”

Rarity's eyes widened and she felt nauseous. She looked at Firecracker in horror. “You're insane. You... I can't...”

“Walk away, Rarity. I don't have anything left to lose. You do.” Firecracker folded her arms and looked at the fashionista expectantly.

Rarity's jaw clenched in anger and regret. “Rainbow Dash!” she cried.

A multicolored streak zipped across the field and crashed headlong into Firecracker. The two landed hard on the ground and tore up a long trench in the field. When they came to a halt, Rainbow grabbed Firecracker's wrists and held her hands down to the ground.

“Gotcha!” Rainbow grinned. Firecracker returned the grin, causing the athlete's own to vanish.

“Yes, you do.” Bolts of pink energy blasted out of her palms, colliding with Rainbow's shoulders. Rainbow flew backwards and landed hard on her back. She groaned and rolled over, trying to get back up. A bolt of pink lightning struck her between the wings, causing her to cry out in pain. Firecracker stalked over and channeled more lightning into her. Rainbow's cries turned to screams.

Firecracker's mouth turned up in an insane grin as she continued to blast Rainbow with magic. She was silent as she did so, doing nothing but continue to smile, her eyes glowing with the same magical energy. She brought up her other hand and prepared to add to Rainbow's suffering.

A glove encased hand came down and struck her across the jaw, sending the deranged magic user flying backward. As soon as she hit the ground, Rarity dashed forward and fired a volley of crystals that surrounded Firecracker, imprisoning her.

Applejack looked down at her friend and winced at the burn marks she saw on Rainbow's back.

“Help me up!” Rainbow gasped. Applejack reached down and helped her to her feet. Rainbow hissed through her teeth as pain lanced through her back.

“Easy,” Applejack said.

“How bad is it?” Rainbow asked.

“Can't tell. Not sure what's actual damage and what's just char.”

“It'll have to wait,” Rainbow said. She flexed her wings experimentally and let out a grunt of satisfaction when they responded. They were stiff, but still functional.

“Don't be a fool!” Applejack cried.

“I don't have time to be hurt! Rarity couldn't keep her contained at the mall, and I don't think she's going to be able to now! I'll worry about the pain when that psycho's finally put out of commission!”

Rainbow took to the air, leaving Applejack to curse loudly.


Rarity could feel Firecracker's own magic begin to push back against her crystals. She redoubled her efforts. She called over her shoulder. “Twilight! I need help!”

Twilight flew over and landed next to her friend. She held up her hands and projected a telekinetic field around the crystal cage. The cage rocked with pink lightning, causing both girls to let out cries of exertion as the shock fed back to them through their magic.

“She's gotten stronger!” Twilight cried. “It's not like at the mall!”

“Princess Twilight said this might happen! The angrier she gets, the stronger her magic!”

“What do we do then?”

Rarity looked over at Twilight. Beads of sweat were forming on her brow. “We do everything we can to keep her here.”

Twilight nodded and both girls poured more power into their magic.

Across the way, glowing pink light began to appear in the seams between the crystals. Cracks began to form along the facets. Rarity gritted her teeth trying to hold them together.

“Twilight!” She cried.

“I see them!” Twilight pushed harder, expanding the telekinetic field around the crystals. The pink light receded slightly as the fragmenting crystals were pushed tightly together. Twilight allowed herself a small smile. “I think it's working!”

Pinkie Pie bounced up next to them. “I have an idea! The magic's making her kinda less likely to get hurt like us, right?”

“I think that's a reasonable assumption,” Rarity said through clenched teeth. “Why?”

“When I tell you, drop both your shields,” Pinkie said, rummaging in her pockets and pulling out one of the chocolate bars. She tore off the wrapper and broke the bar in half. “If this works, I might be able to knock her out!”

“It's worth a shot,” said Twilight. “I don't know about you, but I don't know how long I can keep going with this!”

“All right,” said Rarity. “Pinkie, go! Give us the word when you're ready.”

Pinkie nodded and began running across the field toward the cage. She dashed past Applejack who stared after her.

“Pinkie! What in the hell are you doin'?!”

“Trust me!” Pinkie cried. She took the half chocolate bar in her hand. Her own pink magic began to surround it. She built up speed and launched herself toward the cage. “NOW!”

Rarity and Twilight dropped their magic. The pink light exploded outward. It collided with Pinkie, who threw her hands in front of her face. She fought to keep her balance as she feet touched the ground and skidded. The light began to dissipate, and Pinkie saw a silhouette of a tall form appear. She hurled the glowing chocolate bar towards it.

The candy soared through the air and exploded with a loud blast of magical energy. Firecracker flew sideways and crashed to the ground. She rolled a few dozen feet then came to a stop and was still.

Pinkie frowned and walked over. Applejack ran up beside her, and Rainbow Dash came down next to them as they approached the inert form. They came close and looked down at the green girl.

“Did we win?” Pinkie asked.

Firecracker's eyes flashed open. She threw up a hand and fired a massive beam of magic. It connected with all three girls, sending them flying back and crashing into the ground.

“Owwww,” Pinkie said, sitting up. Beside her, Applejack and Rainbow started to get back to their feet. All three stopped and looked up as a shadow passed over them. Firecracker Burst slammed a fist into the palm of her other hand. Magic sparked and crackled as it connected.

“My turn,” she said.