• Published 23rd Sep 2017
  • 8,051 Views, 444 Comments

Repercussions - shallow15



After Sunset Shimmer is attacked and put into a coma, her friends try to figure out who did it and why. (Not an Anon-A-Miss story)

  • ...
10
 444
 8,051

Sky Strikers

Sunset slowly made her way across the field toward Firecracker Burst. It was an almost comical sight. The pale, weak teenage girl clad only in a hospital gown facing off against an eight foot tall magically powered giantess.

None of Sunset's friends found the scene funny.

“She's going to get herself killed!” Twilight stepped forward, intending to retrieve her friend. A quiet groan from behind her made her stop.

The group of friends watched as Pinkie Pie's eyes fluttered open and she tried to get up into a sitting position. She let out a cry of pain as she tried to put weight on her broken arm. Rarity knelt down and helped her sit up.

“Easy, darling,” she soothed. “You took a nasty fall. I think your arm's broken. Try not to strain it.”

“I feel terrible,” Pinkie moaned. “What did I miss?”


Sunset tried to calm her rapidly beating heart. Her head hurt, and her legs felt like rubber. She kept putting one foot in front of the other, praying that Firecracker wouldn't blast her into oblivion. It had to be done. She had to talk to Firecracker first, try to fix everything before it got worse than it already was.

To Sunset's surprise, Firecracker simply watched her approach. Magic sparked off her fingers, and her hair had become uncoiled, flowing upwards and sparking with the same magic. She glared down at Sunset as she stopped a few feet from her.

“You're awake,” Firecracker said, her voice echoing oddly, much like it had done the night she had attacked Sunset.

“This has to stop, Firecracker,” Sunset said. “The magic's too strong for you.”

“But it's just fine for you and your cronies over there to use?” Firecracker's expression darkened.

“You don't understand. It's too dangerous for anyone to use by themselves! It's the Magic of Friendship, it's not meant to be used by one person!”

“I seem to be doing just fine with it, thanks!” Firecracker gripped her own glowing pendant and extended a hand, magic forming into a ball in front of her palm. “But you're right. It's time to finish this.”

Sunset looked up at Firecracker with a mournful expression. “What I did to Gardenia was wrong, and I admit that! And even though I didn't expect it to happen, it's my fault her family kicked her out! And I hurt you too, because you had to pick up the pieces. I'm sorry, Firecracker. I'm so sorry, and I'm never going to be able to take it back!”

Sunset rubbed her left arm with her right hand. “I don't expect you to forgive me, but this isn't the way to deal with this! The magic is too strong, and it's affecting your mind. Just like it did with Gloriosa at Camp Everfree. Don't believe what it's telling you! We can work this out without magic!”

Firecracker looked down at Sunset, the ball of magic stopping its growth. She saw the sincerity in Sunset's eyes, and her hand lowered slightly. Her expression softened.

Then hardened again and she hurled the ball of magic right at Sunset. “JUST DIE ALREADY!”

Sunset crossed her arms and closed her eyes as the ball of magic came hurtling toward her. Then she felt a rush of displaced air and a sudden stop. She opened her eyes, to see Rainbow Dash in front of her, and her friends surrounding her.

“Yeah, I don't think she's interested in talking,” Rainbow said, frowning.

“I know, but I had to try,” said Sunset. “We've got to get that pendant away from her. As near as I can tell, the magic is meant to be used by a group of friends. If she keeps trying to use it by herself, I don't know what will happen to her or us. But I do know that if we want to beat her, we're going to need all of us.”

Sunset grabbed her geode and in a flash, she had ponied up into her superhero form like her friends. She was still pale and not looking well, but her expression was determined. She knelt down next to Applejack. “Applejack managed to get into my head with Fluttershy. I'm going to try to get her back out of hers. Keep Firecracker busy while I work.”

“Got it!” Rainbow looked at Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy. “Let's go! Pinkie, if she manages to get past us, blast her with whatever you've got!”

“Right!” Pinkie used her good arm to pull a canister of sprinkles and the baggie of marshmallows out of her pockets.

Rarity projected another crystal and climbed on top of it. The four girls rocketed into the sky, heading back towards their enemy. Sunset gripped her geode and placed a hand on the side of Applejack's head.

“Sorry, AJ,” she whispered. “But I can't let you rest right now. We need you.”


“Twilight, we need a plan to get that pendant!” Rainbow yelled.

“Simplest is the best,” Twilight replied. “You, Rarity, and Fluttershy keep her busy, then, when I get the chance, I'll just yank the damn thing right off her neck!”

The other three girls exchanged a look. Twilight never swore. Even something as mild as “damn” was an indicator something was bothering her.

“Twilight,” Fluttershy began, flying closer to the bevisored girl. “Are you okay?”

Twilight looked over at her friend. “No, I'm not. Sunset almost got herself killed, right as we got her back. I just want this over with.”

Fluttershy nodded and put a hand on Twilight's shoulder. Twilight smiled and returned the gesture.

A bolt of lightning shot through the air and exploded right in front of them, causing both girls to shriek and separate. They flew further into the air, dodging further magical bolts. Twilight looked down to see Firecracker Burst put both hands up, magic generating in front of them.

“She's going for the beam attack! Scatter!” she cried.

The four girls took off in different directions just as the massive beam of magical energy shot into the sky. Firecracker screamed in frustration and swung the beam in a wide arc, trying to strike any of them. After a moment, the beam dissipated.

Rainbow did a loop-de-loop and thrust herself toward the deranged teenager. She looked back and smiled as she saw Rarity right on her tail. She made a sweeping arc with her finger, and saw Rarity nod in reply. Rainbow turned her attention to Firecracker and put on the speed. Firecracker saw her coming and began hurling bolts towards her.

Rainbow dodged and weaved through the bolts, trusting that Rarity would see what she was doing and follow suit. She thrust both fists out in front of her and dove hard. She counted down from five and when she reached one, she swooped down in front of Firecracker and zoomed back upward. She took a blind grab at the pendant on her upswing, not surprised when Firecracker turned away. She felt the toes of her boots touch the ground before she began heading back into the sky.

Firecracker snarled and fired a bolt after Rainbow. Rarity took the opportunity to zip down and hurl another set of small crystals at her. The crystals shot forward, three grazing Firecracker's bare shoulder and the fourth managing to score a gouge across her cheek. Blood oozed from the wound and Firecracker slapped a hand over it.

Letting out another scream of rage, she raised her other hand and fired more magic at Rarity. Rarity waved her hands frantically, trying to dodge the bolt. She threw her arms upward. The crystal shot higher into the air. The bolt connected with it and Rarity screamed as she felt the magic course through her legs. The crystal cracked and shattered with her concentration and Rarity screamed as she plummeted to the ground.

Fluttershy and Twilight saw her fall and zoomed forward, hoping to catch her. Twilight got to her first and held out a hand. Rarity flailed her arm and felt her fingertips brush Twilight's before there was nothing but more air. Rarity screams returned, then there was a loud thump as she hit the ground.

She didn't move.