• Published 23rd Sep 2017
  • 8,018 Views, 444 Comments

Repercussions - shallow15



After Sunset Shimmer is attacked and put into a coma, her friends try to figure out who did it and why. (Not an Anon-A-Miss story)

  • ...
10
 444
 8,018

Closing Moves

Pinkie Pie was driving towards downtown when her phone rang. Since the phone was jacked into the sound system of Maud's car, she tapped the “answer” icon. “Hello?”

“Pinkie, it's AJ! Are you still at the hospital?” Applejack's voice sounded choppy.

“No, I'm on my way to Rarity's store. Are you in a wind tunnel? If so, why wasn't I notified you were all going to a wind tunnel? I wanna be in a wind tunnel!”

“Pinkie!” Applejack yelled. “I ain't in a wind tunnel! Firecracker got away from us. We think she's headin' back to the hospital. You're the closest. Get back there, and make sure you pony up all the way. The magic's taken control of her and she's actin' plum crazy! We'll be there as soon as we can. See if you can get hold of Fluttershy for back up until we get there!”

“Right!” Pinkie hung up, pulled an illegal U-turn across four lanes of traffic, let out a few choice expletives about the other drivers, raced back to the hospital and skidded into a parking space. She opened the glove compartment and pulled out a small box labeled “Emergency Superhero Supplies.” She flipped the lid on the box, revealing the contents: three canisters of sprinkles, a baggie filled with miniature marshmallows, and two oversized chocolate bars.

She gripped her geode and a flash of light later, she was clad in her own superhero outfit. She placed the assorted sweets in the compartments and pockets of her tunic, and grabbed her phone from the cup holder. She found Fluttershy's name and called her.

“Hello?”

“Fluttershy?” Pinkie locked the car and slammed the door shut. “Firecracker Burst has gone loco in the coco! She's heading over here to the hospital to take out Sunset, and not in the fun movie-burger-backseat way, either! Where are you?”

“I was on my way to the boutique,” Fluttershy answered. She was whispering into the phone. Her car was in the shop, so she was forced to take the bus. “But it'll take me a while to get to the hospital on the bus.”

“No time! You have to pony up and fly over here! The rest of the girls are on their way!”

Fluttershy swallowed. “R-right! I'll be there as soon as I can.”

She ended the call and pulled the cord requesting the bus stop. When it did, Fluttershy got off and gripped her geode, ponying up into her superhero form. She took off into the late afternoon sky. When she was above the rooftops, she began flying toward the hospital. As she flew, she saw several birds flying nearby. They began chirping at her.

“Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't have time to talk,” she said. “A good friend of mine is in danger and I have to help her!”

Fluttershy beat her wings faster, increasing her speed. She bit her lip, trying to figure out how she could help fight a magically powered Firecracker Burst. While all the other girls had abilities that could help in combat, her abilities didn't seem to offer that much to help in this situation.

Fluttershy's eyes widened as an idle memory of a late night movie she had seen a few weeks ago passed through her mind. She stopped moving forward, flapping her wings to hover. She thought for a moment, then turned and sped back the way she came.

This could actually work.


Pinkie stood out in the parking lot of the hospital, trying to look in every direction at once for Firecracker Burst. The parking lot was quiet and the few people who came and went gave the oddly dressed girl some strange looks. After a few minutes, Pinkie relaxed and grabbed a handful of marshmallows out of the baggie and shoved them in her mouth.

“Pinkie!”

Pinkie, cheeks bulging, looked up and made a sound of delight as she saw Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity descending from the sky. She swallowed the gluey mass in her mouth, briefly choked, then managed to get it down, and rushed to her friends.

“Rarity, who told you you could fly?!”

Rarity grinned. “I did, when I thought of it a few minutes ago. I remembered I was able to keep Muffins from falling into the lake at Camp Everfree. And if the crystals can support the weight of someone, and I can move them wherever I like, well, why can't I use them to move us around as well?”

“That's so cool!” Pinkie hugged her friend. Rarity giggled, returned the hug, and let the crystal dissipate. Across from them, Applejack and Rainbow Dash took up keeping watch in the parking lot. Twilight looked around and frowned.

“Where's Fluttershy?”

“I don't know! I called her and she said she was on her way, but she hasn't shown up yet.”

“Have you seen Firecracker at all?”

Pinkie shook her head. “And I've been waiting here forever.”

“That doesn't make sense.” Twilight frowned. “We've seen her turn into lightning. She should have been able to get here long before we could.”

“Well, I did leave for a minute. I was on the road when Applejack called me. But it's okay. I left Moondancer with Sunset. She has my number.”

Twilight's eyes widened. “Call her! Now!”

Pinkie pulled out her phone and called Moondancer. Twilight took the phone and tapped the speakerphone icon. The phone rang. And rang. And rang.

“That can't be good.” Applejack said.

Finally, the call connected and the girls' blood ran cold as the voice of Firecracker Burst came out of the speaker.

“Hello, Pinkie.”

“It's all of us, Firecracker,” Rarity replied. Firecracker let out a dismissive sound.

“Oh, goody. You survived.”

Rainbow dashed over. “Yeah, we did! What are you gonna do about it?”

Applejack grabbed her and yanked her back. “What are you doin'?” she hissed. “Sunset and Moondancer are still in there!”

“You don't need to whisper,” said Firecracker, amusement evident in her voice. “Both of them are right here. Go ahead.”

“H-Hello?” came the voice of Moondancer.

“Are you all right, darling?” Rarity asked.

“I'm f-fine. But, she just... she came out of the power socket! What's going on?” Panic crept into the girl's voice.

“Calm down, Moondancer,” Rarity said. “You're going to be fine.”

“Don't assume anything, Rarity.” Firecracker's voice was cold. “For all you know, Sunset's already dead.”

“If you've done anything – “ Rainbow screamed. Applejack slapped a hand over her mouth and pulled her away from the phone.

“I haven't... yet.” There was a pause and then the magically charged girl spoke again. “I should just kill her right now, you know. That's what all this was leading up to. I kill her, then Gardenia wakes up and she can get on with her life knowing that the person who ruined it wasn't around anymore.”

“Firecracker, this isn't you,” Rarity said softly. “You aren't a killer. It's the magic, it's affecting your judgment. Come out and we can help you. Figure out how to get it under control.”

“Sure, like I believe that. You just want to save Sunset. And you know what? You guys have been just enough of a pain in my ass that I want to give you the chance. Just so I can pound you all into the dirt and make you watch as this bitch dies.”

“Not if we have anythin' to say about it!” Applejack's patience had clearly run out. “Come outta there and we'll show you what we can do!”

“Fine. Meet me at CHS. Ten minutes. I'll have the bitch and Moondancer with me. Don't be late.”

The call ended, and the girls looked up as a flash came from one of the windows of the hospital and a bolt of pink lightning blew out the glass and rocketed out into the sky. The girls followed it as it headed in the direction of the high school. Rarity turned to face her friends.

“Someone call Fluttershy, tell her – “ Rarity swallowed and sniffled. She wiped her eyes and looked back at her friends, her face a grim mask. “Tell her to meet us at the school.”

She turned her head to look at where the lightning bolt had vanished into the late afternoon. The sun had begun to set behind the mountains that formed the valley Canterlot City inhabited, casting an orange shade to the city. Rarity's brows came together in a determined frown.

“It's time to finish this.”