• Published 4th Sep 2017
  • 326 Views, 0 Comments

The Equestrian Code - RedSparkTheFox



A deep code locked away by an old pony of legends, the code contains the deepest powers and defenses of Friendship needed to protect from war and evil

  • ...
 0
 326

Calling Assistance from Earth

"Damn!" Red Spark looked down and saw he put his right paw right into a big mud puddle.

"Why does this seem to always happen to me?" He wiped the dirt of with his paw-kerchief, and continued on into the city. "Well, cannot complain at all. I could've fallen into that puddle, more or less."

He continued walking into the city before turning into a coffee shop on a small, little, semi-crowded corner.

It was morning time, around 6:30 AM, and the hustle and bustle of all the animal customers, and employees, and fresh smell of coffee and donuts, and other tasty treats and food could be smelt right as you walk in the door.

"Good Morning, Spark!" It was the old shop owner tiger, Bill Whiskers.

"Good morning Whiskers! Already splashed a paw in the mud on the new day, can you believe that?" The fox showed his paw with dried up dirt on it.

"Ahh well, at least it is the physical paw that was muddied." He smirked at his clever humor. "Well, I'm sure I don't have to point you to the restroom, my dear Foxy!"

Red Spark stopped in his tracks and turned all the way around to see Whiskers, who was already bursting with laughter, before the fox could even tell him.

"DO NOT CALL ME FOXY!" The shout erupted through the waiting line and lobby, and weakly smiling and giggling, calmed down, as did his friend Whiskers.

"Alright Red, keep the spark down." Stated the elderly shop keep. The fox just rolled his eyes, as he scratched his left ear with his hind leg.

"Alright Whiskers, if it will make you meow like a kitty and go get me my Latte, I'll calm down." The fox cackled lightly

"Well then you be a good, obedient pup, and I'll grab it for you." Both laughed as good friends, as Bill walked slowly to the back room and assembled the fox's drink.

Time was moving very slowly, and it was making Red Spark tired, he lied his head on his paws of the bench and fell asleep. A weird dream soon followed this

"Excuse me, FOX!" A purple alicorn pony was standing on a chair demanding Red Spark's attention firmly.

"Yes?" The fox asked her nicely, ignoring her tone of assertiveness.

"You are Red Spark, correct?" Asked the pony.

"I...uhh...Am.... And.... you are?" the fox was confused of how a random pony knew who he was.

"That will be told at a later time. A reliable source and old friend says you are the best one to potentially help us." The purple Equine explained.

The dream was stopped short by Mr. Whiskers, who politely woke the young fox up and handed him his to go cup of Latte. The fox stood up and bent forward, and stretched out his legs before shaking his fur. With a brief shake of paws, the fox slipped out of the morning rush hour traffic inside the shop, and continued down the sidewalk for a few miles before reaching a school. He was shocked, and left alone to his dream and thoughts, trying to find the correct answers.
A pony princess stating an old friend knows me and my knowledge, and she knows my name... He thought about all of it for almost the whole walk to this school. He stopped at the thought of a name, then shook his head and went into the school building.

Red Spark does not attend any educational pursuits at his age now, due to the fact he took and learned a lot of knowledge by his adult year in school, and from his parents. He was visiting the school library for some information about dreams and what it could have meant. Passed some of the students, he walked in, and began instantly searching online about dreams and their definitions or books that would guide him properly. He found a book and went over to the section and pulled it out. It was a mid sized hardback book, and looked a little withered from use. He read the front cover quietly, which also had stars and a smiling crescent moon, "Dream Distinguishing and Understanding." He opened the book to the contents page, and the book magically flipped instead to a blank page with some old pencil sketches, erased prior due to the transparency and smudge marks.

He looked down and could not believe his paws and eyes when he saw a passage about something called Mystical Worlds, and started to read the pages and paragraphs of long descending lines on the page. He was about 5 pages through, when he fell asleep again reading the book page.

This time the dream was way more visual than the last one of just a pony. He was standing in the mountains of snow and ice, not sure if Earth or one of the places that he had seen in a picture while he was reading. The snow was violently blowing against the fox, but he could not feel the elements due to it being a dream.

"Where is it at?" The voice startled Red Spark so much, he jumped around with his fur slightly sticking up before seeing another pony with a white body, a shield mark on his flanks, and his magic holding a shovel and a map.

"Shining Armor, come on brother let's head back to the Empire, we can search when the weather is not so treacherous for the book." It was What's-Her-Name, from his dream at the coffee shop.

Again his dream was interrupted by a distracting school bell, that signaled the end of the school day and library closing. He got up and stretched his usual ways, left the book open, and walked out of the library and school. He thought now about both dreams, hoping to see a connection of what they would or could lead him too. In the end, the fox thought so much that he had to stop and re-assess his behavior and brain. He walked through his little forest home gate and opened the door to quietness. He took off his backpack, flipped the lights on for the living room of his burrow, and lied down on the couch and browsed the channels for a while. He found an interesting show about better ideas for the home, and watched the show until he drifted off to sleep.

There was not even an hours rest before he woke up to a loud crash on the floor from the dining room. He flipped straight onto the floor, paws down and began perking his ears and stealthily pawed with his teeth slightly showing because of his small growls. He peaked into the kitchen and saw 2 ponies this time. The same purple one of the dreams, and a bouncy, hyperactive, pink pony with pink hair and curls in her mane and tail. He charged in quickly towards the intruders.

"WHY ARE YOU BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE?" shouted the aggravated fox.

Bewildered by his appearance suddenly, both ponies looked at him without moving, then the purple pony spoke.

"We didn't break in. I am able to use teleportation magic. This is my friend Pinkie Pie, she did not mean to break your vase!" She scowled at the smiling, bouncy pony, ignoring her. She picked it up with her magic and cast a spell which 100% fixed the vase with no noticeable marks indicating damage. The fox was rather impressed as he calmed down, and sat at the table across from the pony, still trying to get a story.

"First thing first. Young Mare of Alicorn royalty." Twilight shyly shuffled her hooves on the table after the royalty part. "You still have not mentioned your name, nor the dreams leading up this apparent situation. Hopefully, I am not dreaming." He finished while rubbing his paws to his eyes.

"No you are not dreaming. I am Princess Twilight Sparkle. I have been communicating through your dreams of this Earth, trying to bring you information that may lead you to what we are seeking.

Red Spark was about to ask what was being sought after, when again, another interruption. This time coming from the front door of the fox and his burrow home.

The two ponies stood there and watched him walk around the corner and out of sight.

"Is he really the fox that our world needs?" Pinkie stopped bouncing and asked the Princess.

"There is no "is" Pinkie Pie. Let me tell you a story. Red Spark is the friend of Celestia from years back. When he was in Equestria for vacation when he was a little pup, his parents died in a horrble fire, and he was forced to go straight out in the middle of Cloudsdale's extremely dense and cold rain downpour. According to Celestia he was only about 6 years old when they found him lying downtown under a box in Canterlot, due to a report of a newspaper pony hearing light snoring and small howl sounds. However, Celestia picked up the wet, and shaking cold young pup, and took him to Nurse Redheart in Ponyville. Nurse Redheart, along with Fluttershy's un hoofing believable animal works, they both had the young pup back on his paws, and learning the brief city and town of Ponyville. Soon, not Celestia became his mentor, but her older sister Luna did. Celestia wanted to train and teach the fox all the ways, however after a lot of thought, and due to the foxes usual patterns of being nocturnal, she felt her sister, Luna would be better in ways. They sent him back to here on Earth for the last 8-10 years, with no real reason as to why or what could have caused the decision." Twilight took a long deep breath, as Luna appeared in the dining room with Celestia appearing in the kitchen with 4 other smaller ponies.

Red Spark walked back in to shock when he saw Luna and Celestia. He walked over to Luna, smiled and gave her a great big hug, as well as Celestia. The other 6 ponies, were quiet and waiting for the reason they were there at his house.

"Young Spark the Fox, many moons have passed since you've seen me, dost thou not agree?" Luna asked with a warm smile on her face.

"It's been forever since I've seen both of you! What brings you to Earth, Luna and Celestia?" The last question turned serious and forward.

"It's about the Code.... The Equestrian Code." Celestia stated.

"Wait... you mean the 20 page Code of Friendship and Defense that that old pony wrote in the legend?" Red Spark asked bewildered.

"Yes... that very one my furry friend." Luna answered him.

"Wait... Equestria has been peaceful for years now! Why is the book of concern?" Asked a still confused fox.

"Ehh..." Celestia mouthed the noise before silencing herself and the whole room became silently awkward. Finally Twilight Spoke up.

"Red Spark, Equestria... well... it is being threatened by war and fight from an opposing force, who also seeks this box, and it's pages to potentially transcribe the book, and use it for their gain. The power within that code, is even more powerful than the Elements of Harmony!"

"Enough chit-chat! Are we able to go yet? It's Wonderbolts training tonight!" A blue body with a rainbow mane and tail, and a 3 colored bolt of lightning on her flanks, affirmed her impatience across the room.

"Darling, 'chillax' as you were Rainbow Dash, we must let the fox know of all the details." This time it came from a white pony named Rarity, who had a curly purple mane and tail.

"Details-Schmetails, Rarity." Dash scoffed.

"Umm... Mr. Spark? Do you remember me?" Asked a quiet, more mellow voice from behind Rainbow Dash. He peered around the cyan blue Pegasus, and saw an old familiar friendly face.

"How could I forget you, Fluttershy." He was talking to a shy looking, light yellow pony with butterflies on her flanks and a beautiful light pink mane and tail.

Fluttershy beamed and hugged him back.

"Alrig' I'm sidin' on Dash with this one, not for the Wonderbolts, just the fact that 3 out of the 4 princesses are here and there is only one back protecting an empire!" An orange, blonde mane & tail, with apples on her flanks and a cowboy hat asserted her agreement with Dash. "I also have to get back to the farm to help Apple Bloom, an' Granny Smith start planting the Pumpkins."

"Alright. Red Spark. Will you come with us back to Equestria to help search and retrieve the Equestrian Code?" Luna, and all the ponies there looked at him as he stood around looking at his home for the last 8-10 years, and how much he may miss it. Then he thought about Equestria, and his new friends and old friends in front of him, and of all the beauty and peace there and how he would not let it be destroyed by a war or evil, and he forgot about his small home.

"I am ready to depart." He said, and with that he stood next to Luna and was instantly in Equestria inside the Canterlot Castle throne room.

Author's Note:

I started on this chapter at 2:30 AM, and just finished it at 7:45 AM. 5 hours and 15 minutes to write a single chapter. 2,208 words with 53 paragraphs. Being that is Labor Day, one of the best days for me to get story writing done. I am very happy with myself. Now onto the next chapter!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment