• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 13,769 Views, 559 Comments

Solar Eclipse - hattafan2593

  • ...
30
 559
 13,769

Chapter 7 - Revelations

Author's Note:

Thanks once again to KR Chrome for mailing me ideas for this chapter.

Applejack didn't know why she was answering her phone, but she did.

She was still at home. She knew that with what Sunset had done to her, there was no way she could go to school. All the venomous lies that spilled out of her mouth would only land her in trouble with the rest of the students and teachers.

She had already hurt Apple Bloom with the horrible things she had said. She wanted to apologize and take it all back, but she could not. Sunset made sure of that.

The phone slipped from her hand and fell to the floor with a clatter.

Apple Bloom was Anon-A-Miss.

She shook her head. She wanted to scream, to violently deny it. But she knew from the look on her face in the video that Apple Bloom was telling the truth.

"Sis....fer wut it's worth....Ah'm sorry."

It hit her like a freight train. All this time, she had believed in a lie.

"Guess it takes a liar to know a liar."

No. It was worse than that. The truth was there the whole time - who else could have known about "Piggly Wiggly" but a member of her own family? - but she ignored it in favor of the easier solution.

"Well, since you like lying so much....how about we make it indefinite?"

"I don't deserve this....."




Fluttershy wanted so desperately to wash the blood off her hands.

Instead she wound up smearing it all over a newly painted bench in the park.

She had to seclude herself. Fast.

She was no longer in control of herself. If she went home, she might hurt Angel. If she went to the animal shelter, she could do something cruel to the animals.

And if she went to school....... well........ she did not want to think of what cruelty she could unleash on her friends.

Just like that poor kitten...

But apparently her body had decided that if it couldn't inflict physical violence, it would settle for petty, wanton destruction of property.

No matter where she went, she wound up pushing over bikes or kicking over garbage cans. Anyone who tried to stop her got punched or kicked.

She received a message and shakily looked at her phone.

She gasped, falling to her knees.

"Why not? You hurt me. Without a second thought."

She promptly threw up.




Maud Pie was used to dealing with her sister’s moods. Unlike most of the Pie family, Pinkie Pie was always so bright and cheerful. She was like a ray of sunshine in their household. While their parents could be strict, they never did anything to stop Pinkie Pie from being happy.

But Maud Pie was worried. Pinkie Pie told her she was not feeling well. She almost sounded depressed.

Maud Pie had heard about Anon-A-Miss. Was Pinkie Pie’s shift in mood because of her?

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie lay in bed, holding a mirror up. She tried to smile, but she could not. It was like she had forgotten how to smile.

And any happy thought was erased from her heart.

What was joy?

What was laughter?

Pinkie Pie could not remember.

She could not feel anything.

Her phone went off, and she felt compelled to answer. She saw the text.

She then got up, walked to the bathroom, and locked herself in.

She did not come out.





Apple Bloom sat in the principal’s office. She knew she was in trouble. Everyone now knew she was responsible for Anon-A-Miss.

Luna looked angry, crossing her arms and glaring at her. Celestia, however, just seemed disappointed.

There was a knock at the door.

“We’re busy!” Luna snapped.

The door opened despite her objection. Rainbow Dash and Rarity entered. Apple Bloom’s eyes widened when she saw Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo with them.

“Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, these two have something to say,” Rainbow Dash nudged Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle forward.

But before either could speak, a teacher appeared in the door, his eyes wide with panic.

"Celestia! You need to get down here now! There's something happening in front of the school!"





Princess Twilight Sparkle paced the room frantically. Spike was getting dizzy from watching.

"I'm going over there, Spike. Something's wrong, I know it! She hasn't answered any of my messages!"

"She's probably busy." Spike reasoned, but deep down he was just as worried.

But as Twilight made her way over to the mirror, she was thrown back by an unknown force.

Shaking her head, she looked up, and her stomach dropped.

"No...."

The mirror was shattered. Pieces were scattered everywhere, some embedded in the walls. All that remained was the black, smoldering flame.





Sunset stood in front of the remains of the portal, her hand still smoking.

"Good-bye, Twilight...." she whispered somberly.

She heard a commotion behind her as students and teachers alike gathered outside. Closing her eyes, she flapped her wings, and she began to float a foot of the ground. Slowly, she turned to face them, and they gasped in horror when they saw her face.

"Hello CHS. Miss me?" she asked serenely.