• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 13,769 Views, 559 Comments

Solar Eclipse - hattafan2593

  • ...
30
 559
 13,769

Chapter 9 - A Brief Chat

Sunset looked down at the scattered students. As the barrier prevented their escape, they decided to find places to hide from her. Well, she gave them ten seconds to be ready. As the ten seconds were up, it was time for her to go on the hunt.

Sunset did not know the names of all the students who had beaten her. But she knew their faces. They stuck out in her mind as clearly as if she were holding a photograph.

“An appetizer before the main course.”

The game was on. She decided to take her time to find them. It wasn't as though she was in any hurry.





Meanwhile, those very same students were hiding in the cafeteria. Several of them looked to be on the verge of a breakdown.

"We're screwed. We are so screwed." One of them whimpered.

One student, however, apparently had a death wish. "Why are we all just hiding here like a bunch of babies? I say we go out there and teach that bitch a lesson!"

"Are you brain-dead?!" cried Lightening Dust. "Did you not see what happened five minutes ago?! She'll crucify us!!"

But the student was stubborn. "So what, we just sit here and wait for her to come find us? Besides, we kicked her ass last time!"

"Last time she didn't have freaking lightening shooting from her fingers!" Lightening argued. "You wanna die faster, be my guest! I'm out!"

"Fine! Be that way, ya wimp!" The student turned to the others. "Look, there's over 20 of us and one of her. We may not win, but she won't get out unscathed. Now who's with me?"

Lightening Dust shook her head at the stupidity of her fellow students, and silently cursed Gilda for ever getting her involved in this.




Sunset casually floated along the now empty hallway, every once in a while peeking her head in through classrooms.

"Sunset."

She turned to see her former boyfriend standing two feet away.

"You know, Flash, in the movies, they hid from the monster that was stalking them."

“Sunset, please. This isn’t who you are.”

“Isn’t it? Aren’t I the girl everyone loves to hate? Your words, Flash.”

Flash flinched, remembering his cruel words at the Battle of the Bands. The Dazzlings might have been behind the madness, but those were his words.

Sunset didn't even sound angry. She sounded as though she were asking him was time it was. In a way that made it worse.

“Sunset, if this is about Anon-A-Miss-"

"It's part of it, but, yes."

Flash sighed, then pulled out his phone. "I know who it is. You deserve that much."

Sunset looked at the screen. Apple Bloom’s confession played before her eyes.

“Hmm. Didn't think she'd actually confess.” she mused.

"You knew?"

"I had my suspicions. I notice she didn't mention her accomplices."

"She had help?"

"Of course. You didn't think she could have done this alone, did you?" Sunset folded her arms and stared pointedly at Flash. "But seriously, what did you hope to accomplish by showing me this? This changes nothing."

"Sunset, think about what you're doing-"

"I have."

"What would Twilight think-"

"Twilight is gone, Flash." Sunset said sternly. "The portal's been destroyed. She's never coming back."

Flash reeled back as if struck. "But....why? Twilight....she's your friend."

Sunset turned to leave. "This isn't her problem. I'm dealing with it now."

Flash grabbed her arm. "You call this dealing with it?! You're acting no better than them!"

Sunset visibly sagged, then floated down to the floor. She turned to face Flash, her face twisted in anguish.

Flash's heart sank, and he embraced her. "I don't know how, but we'll figure this out."

Sunset hugged him back. She broke the hug, then gently kissed Flash on the forehead.

Flash's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fainted. Sunset caught him before he hit the ground.

"You stupid boy." she whispered, her face a neutral mask once more. "You always were too kind-hearted for your own good."

She picked up Flash and carried him to the nearest closet. She gently laid him inside and shut the door, then conjured several chains over it.

The black veins climbed ever higher.

Author's Note:

Kudos once more to KR Chrome for help with this chapter.