• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 13,769 Views, 559 Comments

Solar Eclipse - hattafan2593

  • ...
30
 559
 13,769

Epilogue Part 1 - Backlash

Of course the story hit the news.

It ran for a week. How a single high school student, after being framed as a cyberbully, launched what was essentially a terrorist attack against her high school, maiming and even permanently crippling her former schoolmates before mysteriously dying.

Many shook their heads. It was impossible, they said! A single girl did that? At the very least she had to have had help! And what about that mysterious green dome? And how did she die? Did she kill herself? And what was all that talk about magic and she-demons? Was there a cult involved?

On the 5th day, it got even more mysterious.

Commissioner Swift Order gave a startling interview in front of Police Headquarters.

"The CCPD had an autopsy done on Sunset Shimmer's body. The coroner found signs of internal bleeding and assault. They concluded, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Sunset had been dead for six hours before the attack on Canterlot High."

The reporters were shocked into silence, before one stepped forward. "Are you saying that someone murdered Sunset, and then dressed up as her to frame her for the attack?"

Swift Order shook his head. "This is the strangest case I have ever dealt with. At this point, someone could say aliens did it, and I'd believe it given enough evidence. Here's what I know for absolute certain - unless Sunset managed to somehow come back from the dead, there is no way she committed this crime."


And of course, that just raised more questions. How did Sunset's body get in the school? And if she didn't do it, who did?



Two days later, several students came forward, insisting they had evidence that it was in fact Sunset Shimmer who did this. However, when the police looked through their phones, all they saw were blank images.

"This is preposterious! Trixie is telling you Sunset Shimmer did this!"

"And you know this for certain? You saw her attacking the other students?"

"Of course not! Trixie was hiding in the basement with everyone else!"

"....So, if you never actually saw Sunset attacking anyone, and you have no other proof aside from what you've heard, how do you know for certain it was actually Sunset?"

"........Trixie is going home now."



The police did interview the victims of the attacks but, understandably, they weren't very helpful. The ones that actually talked all said the same thing - that Sunset Shimmer was the culprit, and that she had used magic to hurt them.

They searched the school for any kind of clue. For a gas leak. For hallucenagenic gas. They searched for weapons. They found nothing.

Eventually, they decided to follow another lead - finding Sunset's killer.


They started at her apartment. Or rather, the charred remains of her apartment. Amazingly, the flames didn't spread to the other apartments; it had been contained somehow. They found nothing but ash.



Two days later reports came in of two teenagers found near the highway, both suffering from dehydration and frostbite. One was cradling a broken hand, and the other was blind and raving.



"We had to medicate her heavily. When they found her she was raving about parasites in her head. Kept trying to claw her face."

The officers nodded and left to speak with the boy.

He burst into tears when they entered his room.

"'m sorry. 'm so sorry! We just wanted to teach her a lesson! We just wanted her to stop!"

The officers looked at each other with raised eyebrows.




"Are you Rainbow Dash?"

The girl in question turned to look at them. She looked like she'd seen better days.

"Yeah. I am." she monotoned.

"Turn around please."

She complied with no hesitation.

"Rainbow Dash, you are under arrest, for conspiracy to commit assault, and as an accomplice to the murder of Sunset Shimmer. You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say...."






"Over thirty students maimed. Several permanently disabled. One student dead. Beaten to death by those same students in the school's gymnasium. Those students are now facing the possibility of juvie. All over a slander campaign set up by three other students. All under your watch.

We have been very lenient with you, Celestia. We sat back and allowed you to run the school as you saw fit because we believed you had your students' best interest at heart. But this, we cannot ignore. This tragedy should never have happened. There should have been actions taken to prevent this from occuring. Actions you failed to take. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Celestia just sat there. What could she say?

The elder woman sighed. "You have a week to clear out your office. Meeting adjourned."





The Dazzlings were watching the news, each had their own reaction.

"Sunny's dead?" Sonata asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"A pity she didn't take those bitches with her." Aria said bitterly, shaking her head.

Adagio merely stroked her pendant, deep in thought.