• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 13,768 Views, 559 Comments

Solar Eclipse - hattafan2593

  • ...
30
 559
 13,768

Chapter 5 - Cruelty and Sorrow

Author's Note:

Special thanks to KR Chrome for giving me the idea for this chapter.

Also, animal abuse, so....trigger warning.

Fluttershy walked absentmindedly to school, her head down.

She had been thinking about Sunset Shimmer. About the last time she saw her. She looked so sad. So...desperate.

And then this morning she saw that horrible picture. No matter what Sunset had done, she didn't deserve that. She hoped wherever she was, she was okay.

She heard a tiny 'mew', and looked down to see a small kitten rubbing against her legs. Smiling, she bent down to scratch the kitty behind her ears.

"It's funny," came a melancholy voice from behind. "You'd extend your hand to complete strangers. To people who'd as soon as spit on you."

She turned and gasped. Despite the unnatural appearance, she knew immediately who this person was.

"I guess I'm the exception, huh?" Sunset continued, her expression unreadable.

Fluttershy stood up on shaky legs. "Sunset....w-what happened to you?"

Sunset cocked an eyebrow. "Let's just say I got some sense beaten into me."

Fluttershy flinched, then stared at the ground. The kitten was hiding behind her leg, hissing at Sunset. "I...I know. I saw the picture."

Sunset's stoic expression did not change, but her hands clench into fists. Of course. Of course they had taken pictures.

Fluttershy rubbed her arm as she nervously asked, "Are....are you alright?"

Sunset's face suddenly twisted in disgust, and she violently grabbed Fluttershy's wrist. Fluttershy cried out in pain and alarm as she was yanked forward.

"Do I look alright to you?" Sunset hissed, her quiet voice brimming with resentment.

Fluttershy's eyes filled with tears. "Sunset, please! You're hurting me!"

Sunset narrowed her eyes, then let go. "Seems to be all I'm good for, isn't it?" she muttered, before turning her back on Fluttershy.

Fluttershy fell to her knees, tears running down her face. She felt the kitten rub against her, and she reach out to pet it.

She then heard a choking sound, and looked down.

Her left hand had wrapped itself around the kitten's throat, and was choking the life out of it. It scratched and clawed her hand, desperate to get away.

Fluttershy gasped, and tried to let go, but her hand wouldn't let go. She used her other hand to pry it loose, and she finally let go. The kitten backed away and hissed in fright.

"I..I'm so sorry! I don't-" She stopped when she saw her arm. A single, bright red word.

Cruelty

It was in the same spot Sunset had grabbed her moments ago. Fluttershy shakily turned to Sunset, who still had her back to her. "W-why-"

Her arm flew forward and grabbed the frightened kitten. She flung the poor animal and watched it impact with a tree before hitting the ground.

"No....No!"

Against her will, she grabbed a nearby rock, roughly the same size as a baseball, stood up and walked toward the poor kitten. No matter how hard she struggled, her body would not obey.

Slowly, she pinned the kitten down with one hand and raised the rock high above her head with the other. Tears streamed down Fluttershy's face as she implored, "Please! No more! I don't want to hurt him!"

Sunset only turned her head slightly before quietly replying, "Why not? You hurt me."

The rock came down hard on the kitten's head.

"Without a second thought."

The next minute was filled with the sounds of the rock striking the poor defenseless animal, over and over again, the kitten's pathetic pained mewls, and Fluttershy's sobbing. Sunset did not turn around for an instant, nor did her stoic expression change.

Soon the rock slipped from Fluttershy's now bloody hand, and the poor girl sobbed over the mangled corpse.

Sunset disappeared, but Fluttershy was too busy whispering, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," over and over to notice or care.





Pinkie Pie looked herself over in the mirror. Her hair was starting to become limp, something that usually happened when she was really upset.

And boy, was she. How could she not be, after what she saw those meanies do to poor Sunset, and what people were saying.

She couldn't believe people actually thought it was funny. It wasn't funny at all! It was just mean! Even meaner than what Anon-A-Miss was doing.

Just cuz Sunset was being a big ol' meanie-pants didn't mean it was ok for them to do that to her!

Unable to stand it, she stood up and opened her phone for the 5th time, preparing to send another message to Sunset's phone, asking if she was alright.

She gasped as someone grabbed her wrist from behind.

"Was it fun leading me on, Pinkie? Did you enjoy laughing at my expense?"

Pinkie tried to cry out, but her voice died in her throat. She shuddered as someone put their lips to her ear. "I hope so, because that will be the last bit of joy you will ever feel."

The person behind her was gone, and Pinkie fell to the floor, shaking.

That person....they sounded an awful lot like Sunset....but at the same time....it sounded not like Sunset.

She realized that her arm hurt. A lot. She looked down and saw a word: Sorrow

She stood up, confused, then turned towards the mirror.

Her hair was now completely straight, coming down over her shoulders, and her face was an icky grayish color.

She tried to smile. Even a little one. But her mouth wouldn't do it.

She suddenly felt really really sad. She started crying. She cried and cried and cried and didn't know if she'd ever be able to stop.

And then.....she felt nothing.

Which was worse.