• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 13,768 Views, 559 Comments

Solar Eclipse - hattafan2593

  • ...
30
 559
 13,768

Chapter 3 - Fulfilling Her End

Aria sat on her bed, running her fingers nervously through her hair.

It was getting worse. Adagio was now too weak to even get out of bed. She was deteriorating faster than both she and Sonata.

Aria curled up on her side and but her lip. As much as she and Adagio argued, she was still her sister. And it was painful to watch the strong and arrogant siren wither away.

She sat up when a red flash of light filled the room. Sonata entered when she heard the commotion.

Their eyes widened when they saw who was in the room....and how much she had changed in the span of a day.

"Where's Adagio?"




Adagio looked like death warmed over. She felt like death warmed over.

But she still managed to sit up when she saw who entered the room.

She smirked. "Nice make-over. So what do I owe the honor of you gracing us with your presence a second time?"

"I'm hear to fulfill my end of the bargain."

Adagio quirked an eyebrow. "Funny. I don't see any Heart Stones in those charred up hands of yours."

Sunset held out a hand. "You said that the energy you need can be transferred directly."

"I also said that it can only be done by another siren. And while your new look is an improvement, it doesn't change the fact that you ain't a siren."

Sunset merely blinked. "Adagio, you're dying. What exactly do you have to lose?"

"Besides what's left of my dignity?" But she was none-the-less intrigued. "And how do I know you won't use your new powers to roast me alive?"

Sunset smirked. "You don't."

Adagio smirked back, and after a moment's hesitation, she took Sunset's hand.


It was like 12 gallons of caffeine being fed directly into her skull. Every cell in Adagio's body felt like it was on fire. She felt her eyes roll back into her head as Sunset poured her rage, her sadness, her anguish, her pain directly into the siren.

When she finally let go, Adagio was panting, as though she'd run a marathon. Twice.

She ran to the nearest mirror, with an energy she hadn't felt in months. She felt her face, which was now full and had regained its original color, and ran her fingers over her new necklace, a black jewel on a silver chain, at the base of her throat.

Sonata and Aria gazed in wonder and awe as Sunset turned to them, both hands extended.




Sonata pouted as she examined her new Heart Stone. "I don't know. Black is so.....gloomy."

"I like it. Besides, black is neutral. It goes with pretty much anything."

"True...."

While Sonata and Aria were discussing fashion, Adagio had slipped her coat on and followed Sunset outside.

The wind had picked up and it had begun to snow, but Sunset didn't even flinch, despite not wearing any winter clothes.

"I should've done this sooner, Shimmer. You're a walking spa treatment. I haven't felt this good in years."

"....You were right."

"Oh? And what exactly was I right about?"

Silence.

Adagio smirked evilly. "So...the dog's off its leash. What's it gonna do now?"

Sunset's wings flared out slightly. "What any dog does when it's been kicked repeatedly. It bites back."

Adagio looked the girl up and down before commenting softly, "They really broke you, didn't they?"

Sunset turned and smirked bitterly. "You can't break what's already broken, Adagio."

She was gone with a flash of red light.

Adagio bit her thumbnail in thought before turning to go back inside. The Rainbooms better start writing their wills, because they seriously dug their own graves.

She almost felt sorry for them. Almost.