• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 939 Views, 3 Comments

A Little Chat - GameQubb



An old acquaintance of Tirek's shows up for a social visit.

  • ...
2
 3
 939

A Little Chat

Everyday it's the same thing, wake up, pace around your cage, go to sleep, and repeat. For three long years Tirek has been going through this agony, though it wasn't like it was the first time he's been through this. He has been doing this routine for over a thousand years, however, once he finally got the taste of freedom he only had that to think about.

How everything about Equestria wasn't the same as when he left, all the ponies were different, even the magical aura surrounding the entire landscape felt different. Though it was to be expected since not everything will stay the same after all that time, he even knew about it since just because he was in Tartarus it didn't mean that he wouldn't be caught up in the things going on, but once he saw it he just couldn't believe what he was seeing.

All that was over the instant the newest princess and her entourage blasted him with that giant beam of magic which was so powerful that even he couldn't steal it. Ever since that day he was thinking about how to get out of his cage and take over Equestria again. One thing was for sure the next time he does, he knows the six ponies and draconequus he will be going after first. Until then he was stuck in the same routine he hoped to never go through again.

As these thought went through his head he felt something though the bars of the cage. He peered his eyes through the bars and looked around to see what it was. There was nothing there except for the dreaded three-headed dog that kept his there for almost his entire existence.

He shrugged it off thinking that it was nothing. However, once he turned away from the bars he heard a voice. "Well, well, well, how the mighty Tirek has fallen."

"Who's there," Tirek questioned very loudly as he turned back around only to find no one there.

Despite the fact that there was nothing there he heard the voice again saying, "A centaur who was able to steal magic and destroy many places with just his breathe reduced to a shriveling mess."

Tirek however, recognized that voice but couldn't place where he heard it from. "That voice," Tirek began. "Why does it sound so familiar?"

It was then that he felt something he felt a long time ago. What he felt was a distinct, unique magical aura that he saw only once in his life that he tried to steal but was unsuccessful which also nearly caused his destruction. There was no way he could fail to recognize it and it was that, along with the voice, he immediately knew who this mystery individual was.

"You," Tirek said with a hint of worry. "You were supposed to banished into nothingness. How are you here?" Tirek kept looking around trying to find him but was unsuccessful.

Tirek heard a small chuckle come from the mystery creature and felt a shiver as if he passed right through him. "What makes you think that I am here? For all you know all this time in the cage and losing to ponies may have finally driven you to madness."

Tirek turned around to see nothing there. "You and I both know that your magic cannot reach outside of nothingness," Tirek said looking around for the creature. "Starswirl the Bearded and his friends made sure of that."

After he said that he felt as if his insides turned to ice and started aching like crazy, making him moan in pain. Clearly he struck a nerve. "Don't you ever say that name to me," the mystery creature ordered in an agitated tone. "It's bad enough to know that he and his pathetic group of do-gooders have returned, I do not have to hear his name."

Easing the pain a little Tirek caught what he said and shocked beyond comprehension. "What," He asked. "Starswirl is back! That can't be. No, I refuse to believe what you're saying."

The creature laughed at his denial but kept a serious composure. "Believe it. I may have been banished to nothingness but it didn't keep me from seeing all the things that have been going on in the other realms."

Staring at his hands, Tirek clenched them in anger to the point he started to feel pain. "It was because of him and those miserable princesses that I'm here in the first."

"Ha, I thought that it was because of that new princess and her group of do-gooders that you're here."

Tirek grew a sharp stare of anger and said, "Don't you ever mention that pony to me. I believe her to be the worst princess of them all."

"Is that so," The creature asked. "Should you be surprised to know that it was because of her negligence that Starswirl has returned?"

That did for him. Tirek walked up and in a fit of anger, punched one of the bars of his cage. Nothing happened of course but at least he could blow off a little steam. "Just when I thought I couldn't hate her anymore than I do now," He growled punching the bars again. After a couple of extra punches he took a deep breathe and backed away from the bars. "One problem at a time," Tirek thought to himself as he turned back around. He hoped to have been staring at the creature and said, "You still didn't tell me how you're here."

"I thought we moved passed that," the creature said hoping he would have forgotten that part. "But alright. You see when Starswirl the Bearded and his friends escaped from the miserable prison of Limbo something has happened. Think of it as a magic reset button. All the spells that they have cast to trap any and all creatures they banished to other realms have been cancelled out. It's easy to notice if you bother to look. So, seeing as how the spell has stopped existing, I broke free from my imprisonment and now I've returned."

"You expect me to believe that," Tirek said with annoyance. "If that were true than I wouldn't be here right now."

"Didn't the new princess trap you here instead of him?"

"I thought I told you not to mention her," Tirek grunted. "Alright then if what you're saying is true than why are you here? As you can see I'm of no use."

The creature chuckled a little and said, "You underestimate my power. Did you already forget, I may have all kinds of magic, but my specialty is necromancy." Tirek didn't like where this was going. "I could let you out of this prison and all you have to do is say the word."

"Forget it," Tirek said immediately.

The creature seemed a little confused on what Tirek had said. "You would rather stay here than roam free in Equestria?"

"I would rather stay here than be forced to be your lapdog," before the creature could say anything Tirek continued. "Don't think I don't know your game. I know you, every time you use your necromancy you have complete control over the soul of the one you brought back from Tartarus. Besides why would you need me to give you permission, I thought you were supposed to be powerful against everything.

"I'm flattered, but my magic can't effect anything in this cage. I can only project my physical form through it. However, a deal for necromancy is stronger than any magic seal. So I thought to make a deal rather than waste my time and force the seal to be broken."

"Well as I said before you can forget it," Tirek said still looking around for the creature who he can't see.

The creature sighed and said, "I was afraid you would say that and even more afraid to waste my time with those ponies. But if it's that which will help me accomplished my goal than so be."

That caught Tirek's attention. "What goal?"

"If you really want to know...than you'll just have to wait and see." Tirek sighed at that not being surprised that the creature wouldn't tell him. "It'll only be a matter of time."

Tirek laughed at that and said, "You won't be getting as far as you would think. The ponies may not look it but you would be wise to not underestimate them."

"That may be true but don't forget one thing here. Even the princess and her friends have their limits and they can't keep winning forever and when that time comes, be it now or later, all they will have left to do is pray for mercy," With that he disappeared.

Tirek felt him leave Tartarus and sat back down on the ground. "Taking on the ponies will be a big mistake, along with trying to control me."

"You'll learn that lesson soon enough Grogar."

Comments ( 3 )

:pinkiegasp: I knew it was Grogar when he said "necromancy!" Mark Hamill as Grogar! Interesting :duck:. I've actually always thought of Jim Cummings or Tim Curry when I've thought of FiM Grogar. Now that I think of it, though, it is a good idea. Mark has experience voicing villains, like Joker from "Batman" and Abraham Kane from "Motorcity." Hopefully, he'll be the main villain for season 8 or 9 (preferably as a finale villain.)

Why can't you bronies get it through your thick skulls? Grogar is NOT a necromancer! I wish you people would actually SIT Down and WATCH Return of Tambelon and look up the definition of necromancy while your at it. Creating magical cages, enslaving others for your armies, running over and head butting people and blasting lightning bolts has nothing to do with communicating or raising the dead.

He's essentially a magical warlord.

8992696
How about you calm down and stop taking works of fiction so seriously?

Login or register to comment