• Published 21st Jul 2017
  • 324 Views, 8 Comments

Addict With A Pen - ChildrenOfTheSun



Snowy is just a pony, broken down by a vile and mean world. Waking up every single morning with a grimace and pulling herself up to get doing what she must. And while she covers it all in deep philosophy and ideology, it doesn't make her pain subside

  • ...
 8
 324

Chapter Two, Home

The Bat Pony Mare walked home at about 6:00 PM, the streets having thinned out considerably as the moon began to rise. Carriages having became much more scarce. Her hooves dragging gently, her shades pressed up. She was on her way home. No one bothered her, as was normal. Just passing by, humming or looking straight ahead. Getting where they needed to be, just like little Snowy. She and they had no need to stop and talk or at least that was what she thought. Then again, she was anti-social as all hell.

Snowy's hooves dragging on the ground gently with each step she took, making a soft scraping noise. She remembered faintly when her mother would scold her for it. Telling her it was unlady-like, annoying, and it'd eventually scratch her hooves down to nubs. Well, she never listened. And maybe it had, but it wasn't like she really cared, even if she loved her mother. Princesses blessed, she tried her best, it does not mean that Snowy was perfect or in a good mental state. Far from it, in fact. Even if her mother wanted her to not be beaten down by the world or to become jaded, she was just that. Even if she wanted a family, a better world. But alas, she was just another pony. A bat pony at that. The world rarely gave her a chance.

Snowy shook everything out of her head, it was time to stop thinking so hard. She had some lovely liquids to taste and a soft bed to fall into. Well, it wasn't soft. In fact it was hard and unpleasant. But, none the less. It was her's, and it couldn't run away for drugs or leave her for some other girl. It was her's, and it wasn't leaving...

After so long in thought, Snowy was pulled back into reality as she reached her apartment's stairs. Beginning to mindlessly climb it, as she always did. Not even being winded as she ascended. Random bits and bobs floating through her mind. She had to tell some kid who was completely alone that no, he couldn't see a R-rated movie. What did he do? He began cursing at her like some drug addict. She had just coldly stared at him. Unsure what to say, it's not her fault the laws and rules are that way. Hell, on the down low she may have let him in if he had a fake licence. Even though she knew he wasn't old enough.

Quickly Snowy was met with her door, she reached back and felt around her own saddle bags. Taking a moment to grab onto the stretchy-cord which her key chain was on, and taking her house key in her mouth and pressing it into the lock, and twisting her head to the side. When she heard a click, she twisted her head right way up, and pushed down on the handle, and it floated open slowly. She walked into the vacuum which it now presented, then in one quick motion, she spun around, threw it closed, and used her teeth to turn the lock. It was strange how most everything seemed better fitted for Unicorns, but she didn't really care. She had figured most of it out on her own.

Snowy turned around, and trotted over, through her living room, through the dining room, and into the kitchen... She knew she shouldn't drink tonight, and she decidedly restricted herself. No matter how much a queasy feeling and almost need she had for it, she shouldn't...

Snowy walked over to the cabinets with the cups and reached up, pushing it open slowly and reaching in for a cup. Bringing it down to sit in the empty side of the sink; bringing the faucet over the cup, and turning it on. Watching as white-with-energy water fell into the cup. Until it was full enough for her.

"I wonder why so many people think tap water is gross..." Snowy mumbled, grabbing a hold of the now filled cup. It had some droplets on the outside of it. She thought of them when she was just a filly as being like outsider ponies. Refusing to conform to a fucked up world which rejected them for who they were, but it was always so silly. After all, it came from the very socially awkward filly who barely passed elementary school. Not like many ponies valued her deep out looks on teh world, right? Or was she mistaken?

The Bat Pony turned and began to take her leave from the kitchen, taking the normal path back to her room, waddling in and placing her cup on her crate night stand, which nicely fit into one of the several cube-shaped holes. Letting it slid down some into place, and she fell into bed. She didn't have work tomorrow, thank Celestia. She could just laze ar-

She had nearly forgot she needed to throw away the trash from last night... Glancing over to her side, she saw several bottles laying on the ground and with a loud, drawn out sigh. Snowy pulled herself up from the bed, and picked up the bottles. Making a quicker then normal trip back into the kitchen, about three bottles held to her chest which were empty and a holder with another three held in her mouth. She threw away the empty ones and opened up the fridge with moderate struggle, before placing the bottles in. Another six pack sitting next to it. She smiled for a moment, the queasy feeling hitting her rather hard. Before she stopped herself. Pulling her stupid head out of the cold fridge, and closing it. She had ate at the theater while on break, a mixture of chocolate cuddles and popcorn. She was fine, even if it wasn't healthy. She didn't need to be staring into the fridge...

Snowy sighed, once again marching herself back to her room. With a few quick strides and movements. Before falling back into her bed with a gentle 'umph'. Letting her head fall onto the pillow, and shifting to become comfortable. She had all day tomorrow to do almost anything, she could just rest tonight.

Comments ( 4 )

Nice story lad! Keep it goin!

Hello! I was just passing by, scanning new story titles when I come across this. The only reason it caught my attention was because of the title.

You must like the same titled song from the self-titled album of a great band :raritywink:

i like your descriptors and detail, but the swearing really puts me off, you know? But hey, if it's your style, I'm all for it. Just keep writing and you'll be great in no time :twilightsmile:

Onwards and upwards!

Is it a coincidence that my OC's name is Snowy and has a quill in their cutie mark?

8314751

Maybe a bit. But I never really think up any cutie marks, I just sort of suck with them.

Login or register to comment