• Published 18th Jul 2017
  • 678 Views, 11 Comments

Trade Wind: Royal Tutor - BlackBonitaCherry



It has been eight years since she got her Cutie Mark and North now Trade Wind is ready.

  • ...
1
 11
 678

Chapter 13: Pegasus Incognito

“I am sick and tired of those W.E.U Students getting in our way!” the sparks from the unicorn’s horn lit one of the nearby curtains on fire and there was a groan and another flash before the water fell from above to snuff it out. A hiss went around the room, the smoke from the now-dead fire creating an unpleasant smell in the nostrils of the unicorns and single pegasus.

Blueblood gave the one responsible a look, raising a hoof to his horn before thinking twice about it. Showing exasperation would do nothing but lower his esteem in their eyes if it wasn’t too low already.

Instead, his raised hoof turned and stomped on the podium in front of him, right onto the newest issue of North Star magazine. The paper wrinkled right in the middle, dampening the otherwise loud thump that echoed around them.

“Knock it off, we’ve already gone over this, patience,” but all he got is a derisive laugh, Lord Bit Magnate tossing his head back, his trademark sneer on his face.

“Says the one who failed, you were at that University for four years and none of the plans went right, instead, Princess Celestia herself got it in her head to rob the E.E.A of its sole duty to Education by allowing a second Board of Education to be created! Now there are schools popping up all over Equestria with these invaders attending and being allowed to keep jobs in industries meant for US ponies! Even top universities are accepting the accreditation of these usurpers and our hold is weakening,” his words stirred the others into voicing their own opinions and agreements, Prince Blueblood narrowing his eyes at the noble, wishing he didn’t have to be in this meeting, no matter how much his wealth is needed for the cause.

“You do not have to remind me of my failures!” it is bad enough that Auntie refused to let him call her that anymore, besides that she threatened to remove his title and replace his family with another more noble one. “I did everything I could to shut it down. But need I remind those of you who sought to interfere in the school without notice, what happened?” some of them averted their ways, the stares from the other committee members focusing in on them.

“It is not like anything happening at the University would’ve affected the alliance Her Highness has with those Dragons and Diamond Dogs. Even those Thestrals wouldn’t have taken the failure of the University as an excuse to leave Canterlot. They built an entire town underneath!” former Royal Guard Captain Jewel Lance huffed, stomping her hoof, “And most of us lost our jobs to them as well, just because they can stay awake at night,” she mocked, even though Blueblood was pretty sure she lost her job for being a Wind Scar sympathizer.

Not that he was going to say it out loud. In unspoken agreement, they had never used the now Enemy of Equestria as a reason or motive for new members.

Most reasons revolved around the students themselves, including North Wind.

“Not even our plan to get Princess Luna on our side worked! If that accursed North Wind hadn’t appeared to chase away our Royal Magician, she would’ve realized what her sister is doing and put a stop to it,” Blueblood’s eye twitched.

Did Rune have to refer to himself in the third person like that? He himself knew how foolish the plan was, but they all insisted. But the plan to chase off North Wind with those attackers had been a waste of time.

When he found out which idiot ordered that.

“We are getting off-topic!” Chancellor Neighsay stated, looking unimpressed from his seat, “I have been informed that the future threats facing Equestria are all non-ponies, and this change Equestria is going through will make it harder to defend against them. There is even a rumor that the Elements of Harmony themselves might not be enough,” the air froze, and even Blueblood felt terror go down his spine. Everyone knew that because the Elements had chosen ponies, it meant that the Elements of Harmony agreed only ponies should defend (anything pointed out about the Thestral in the group was pushed aside, as she was originally a Pegasus.)

But if the Elements of Harmony would not be enough, it might fall to others to defend Equestria, and if they were any of the non-ponies; things might not recover.

Ponies might respect them and reject the ideals of the original Equestria.

And Blueblood did not want that to happen.

“You’ve done enough, you are the threat to Equestria, not its defender,” the unwanted words zipped through his brain and he gritted his teeth.

She was wrong; he was not, and he was going to prove it.

To Aunt- Princess Celestia and all of Equestria.

------------

Filthy Rich sorted through the mail, as he always did when it arrived, finding it rather soothing despite what his wife thought. She preferred their employees (servants in her eyes) did it and only gave them the important parts, but he liked to feel the envelopes himself and make sure he missed nothing.

He always paid his bills on time so the only mail he got was from his other businesses and potential trade from other villages. Sometimes invitations or flyers also made their way in there and they tempted him to get a similar mailbox that Ranger Fluttershy had.

But not just yet.

Putting aside Diamond Tiara’s North Star subscription along with the newest flyer for their Crystal Radio listing the shows of the week (he smiled when Diamond Tiara popped out from under the table, grabbed her mail, and ran out the room.) He tried not to sigh seeing the newest issue of that awful E.E.A. magazine that his wife religiously read.

It was called Starswirl Weekly and boasted information about research and the latest about news, but he read it once and felt disgusted by the contents and how they excluded the ‘non-approved’ writers.

Just the thought of reading the magazine again made him shudder, and he put aside his own North Star magazine to read, the business sections were always interesting. Then he came upon the black envelope with the navy blue Crescent on it.

Oh, good it came.

“Are those the tickets for the Nightwing Festival?” his wife’s voice greeted his ears, her upturned nose appearing over his shoulder, “Hopefully this year it is better than the horrible one last year,” Filthy flinched.

He’d been putting this conversation off.

“Actually, there is only one ticket in here,” he stated, she stilled.

“Pardon?” he let out a breath, sweat rolling down his muzzle.

“The only one going to the Nightwing Festival is me because of my business,” they were also opening up the Hundred Orchard and putting up a booth, so he wanted to gain a trade contract as fast as possible.

“Only you? Where’s mine?” she demanded, looking upset, “Did you only buy one for yourself?” Filthy Rich shook his head, why is she offended when all she spoke about that Festival was how uncouth it is?

“You say that, but you hated going to the festival,” he reminded her, a memory of her dragging her hooves last time and her every attempt to make him miss the airship to the Festival. Attempts that failed because of the convenient timing of other travelers who offered to take them along (and bring half of his wife’s luggage with them, leaving the other half to be taken home.)

Spoiled Rich sniffed, glaring at the single ticket as if it offended her, which he knew it had.

“Doesn’t mean I would not go to support you dear,” she patted his hoof with her own but it did not move him.

“Even if I wanted to buy a ticket for you I could not,” he stated, bracing himself, “Your blacklisted from the Festival,” his butler wisely retreated from the room, shutting the door as his wife took in the news.

“BLACKLISTED? FOR WHAT?” Her voice shook the vases round them and he watched resigned as one of them tipped over and fell to the floor. The shattering sound made him wince, as did seeing the thousands of pieces across the floor.

Looks like he’ll be hiring an Art Restorer, again. He likes that vase.

“Did you think after your actions at this past Festival you would be allowed at the next one?” his nervousness gave way to annoyance, getting up from his chair and towering over her, face stern, “That after you insulted all the other creatures, destroyed several booths on ‘accident’ and conspired with your fellow council to search out the ‘rot’ that you would be allowed back? I’m lucky that they even let me submit a booth request and invitation this year. If I could I would bring Diamond Tiara with me to experience it, but their age limit prevents me from doing so- and do not think I ‘m unaware of what you are trying to teach our DAUGHTER!” her mouth closed, looking scared and he tried not to find glee in that, “I saw every single thing you have done, and I swear if our daughter emulates even a fraction of your horrible personality, I will cut off your allowance and make sure you are completely banned from the PTA. And if you want even a single thing, put the effort into it!” he accepted her desire to be a at home mother, but clearly she wasn’t even doing her motherly duties.

The embarrassment when Trade Wind pulled him aside and point blank told him about what his wife was up to came to mind, and he couldn’t fault her for warning him about the effects the mare was having on Diamond Tiara.

The pressure she put the filly through to get a Cutie Mark was bad enough.

All the blood drained from her face,

“Darling-” “Am I clear?” he interrupted, staring her down, not softening an inch, she looked at the floor,

“Yes dear,” she said grudgingly, he slipped the black envelope into the pocket of his tie.

“Good, now if you’ll excuse me, I want to make sure that I have everything ready for this year’s booth,” he might even open a branch in the new city under Canterlot, which would be a big boon.

Maybe he can go there with Diamond Tiara someday, ask Trade Wind to give a tour as his daughter admired the pegasus.

The walls of the dining room shook from the force of the front door slamming shut, and he sighed. He should probably inform all the shopkeepers to restrict his wife’s purchases.

Restrict her to only one item under a certain amount.

Maybe he should write to Trade Wind, ask for her advice, because so far she’s been the only one to pointblank tell him the truth of his wife.

No one else has.

-----------

Trade Wind sneezed into a convenient handkerchief, grabbing it from the air and glancing at the one across from her,

“Thanks, I didn’t even know that was going to happen,” had someone been talking about her?

“No problem, but I must repeat my question, when are you coming back?” she winced, looking at the bowl of soup.

“I’m not sure, the project is taking up my time-” “We understand that but your presence is required-” “And I understand that! But you know it’s not so easy as popping over there for a night or two, things require my attention and if I were to step a hoof in there, I wouldn’t be able to leave for a week let alone a month. I love being there, but things happen,” her companion sighed.

“I know, but can you please think about getting that project done as soon as possible? The Temple is getting restless,” that’s an understatement.

“I know,” the wind was always tugging at her to go back or relaying messages about things going on, “The project should be done before the Grand Galloping Gala, and I believe I should be free two days before and five days after, just in time for the Festival,” she disliked going to the Gala anyway. “Will that work?” it was silent for a moment but she let the other think about it while sipping her tea.

“It should, but remember we are on a timeline, and if you wish for things to follow events from the original story, you must follow the plan,” her wings sagged.

“Yes I am aware, I’ve been doing what I can on my off-hours, and am constantly receiving reports from the Wind,” and getting quite the headache doing it.

“That’s all we ask,” in the next moment the seat across from her was empty and they left her alone with the pizza.

Her brows furrowed,

“That jerk left me with the bill!” she twitched, she’ll get back at them later.

Hopefully Lyra was having a better lunch with Twilight and stopping her from panicking about Celestia’s visit.

======

“Oh, there’s so much to do-” “Twilight” “I need to get at least twenty cakes-” “Twilight Sparkle,” “And the town needs to be looked through, oh the signs, I need to make signs!” Lyra lost patience and silenced the other unicorn with a flute.

“Knock it off and calm down Sparkle, Remember, Princess Celestia specifically said not to make a big deal out of her visit and to have a “small gathering” in the private room at the Town Hall. The only ones going to be there are you, Spike, and the other Elements, That. Is. It. Got it?” Twilight took off the silencing spell, eyeing the hovering flute.

“I still can’t figure out how you do that,” she muttered, almost pouting, “But what if there isn’t enough food-” “All the restaurants here have special menus reserved for the Princess or any royals with big appetites, things will be fine. You sent a card to them all right?” “Um, yes I did,” “Then things are fine, Mayor Mare knows not to make a fuss about the Princess’ arrival, this is only to be a private gathering so she can get to know your friends better. Reese and Carrot Mash are even preparing the special Alicorn Pizza and will have it sent straight to the hall,” that seemed to work, Twilight finally relaxed.

“Alright, thanks Lyra,” the musician shrugged.

“It’s fine, so how have you been adjusting to doing chores?” she teased, Twilight’s eyes narrowed.

“I’m doing fine-” “Are you using magic while reading books?” the purple mage looked away, Lyra shook her head, “How many brooms broke?” ears flattened against her head, Twilight muttered something, “Well?” “Three alright? But I fixed them up!”

“And food? Your not always eating out are you?” the dragon sitting at the booth behind them snorted.

“Considering the amount of bags of takeout, she’s not really cooking at all,” Twilight turned red,

“Spike!” the dragon ignored her embarrassed cry, Lyra peering over the booth to see him and the griffin trio sitting together, a board in between them and Glaze shaking dice in his talons.

Something about the game looked familiar to her but she shook her head, right now talking to Twilight is the plan, nothing else.

“How about asking your friends to help you learn to cook? Even making sandwiches would help,” and it would probably help with keeping to the budget. Twilight nibbled at her slice, tapping a hoof against the table, her eyes trained on the checklist she’d drawn up as soon as Princess Celestia sent her the letter.

“It’s fine! I haven’t found it yet but I’m sure there are plenty of cooking spells in a book some- what?” Lyra wanted to groan, she’s not getting the point at all, is she?

“Twilight, not everything has to be done with magic, take this chance to learn how to be independent from it. It’s not always a good thing to be ready to solve things with magic,” Twilight huffed,

“You silenced me with magic,” “Because I didn’t bring any duct tape,” was her dry reply, silencing her. “But I know how to cook and do chores,” Bon Bon wasn’t exactly fond of her using magic around their house/sweet shop. Plus Lyra was limiting herself to five spells a day (not counting emergencies of course.) “And I can even play music with my hooves or mouth the normal way.” Spike popped his head up, holding onto the red cushion of the booth to keep his balance.

“It’s no use, Twilight is too used to using her magic,” the unicorn glared at him.

“Because I need to train it! My special talent is Magic Spike,” his slitted green eyes had a deadpan look in them.

“You scored thirty on Equus Quest,” Lyra choked on her lemon tea, moving it away as she beat her chest, trying to clear her airways. Twilight’s face glowed a cherry red, her eyes averting from the musician’s own look of disbelief.

“Thirty?!” Equus Quest was an adventure game that tested your knowledge and measured just how dependant you are on magic. The authors of the game had created it out of spite to poke fun at unicorns, the higher your score, the worse you were. There were three different quests with multiple branches depending on which token you used, Music, Runes, Spells, Potions, Weapons, or Diplomacy. You were technically supposed to have an equal score of all six tokens, but there are those who rely on certain tokens more than others. The higher your score in one area, the lower your score actually is.

And to get thirty points in Magic, meant Twilight used nothing but magic.

“It’s just a game,” Twilight protested weakly, Spike rolled his eyes.

“You did ‘Change of Diet’ for the Parasprite Invasion on the Heart Flower Quest instead of listening to my advice about the music token,” Lyra’s eye twitched.

“You know ‘Change of Diet’ spell is actually considered a forbidden one unless absolutely necessary right? Polka Music is the only way to deal with them,” her words had Twilight face planting onto the table.

“Why?’ came the plaintive mutter, Lyra could hear the pout.

But right now she was doing what she could to keep smiling, because the Change of Diet spell is one of her least favorite ones in all the world.

“Alright, why don’t we finish up those plans for the visit that doesn’t end up with you corralling everyone in Ponyville for it?” she wanted to continue the ‘independent’ conversation about cooking and cleaning, but maybe she’s not the one to persuade Princess Celestia’s apprentice.

Author's Note:

I do not own My little Pony or any other elements from other fandoms.
I know this took a long time, no excuse.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment