• Published 18th Jul 2017
  • 679 Views, 11 Comments

Trade Wind: Royal Tutor - BlackBonitaCherry



It has been eight years since she got her Cutie Mark and North now Trade Wind is ready.

  • ...
1
 11
 679

Chapter 4- Pegasus at Meeting Hall

Closing his suitcase with a final click, Zephyr glanced around his now bare bedroom, the only things left were posters he foolishly hung up when he was a colt and never had the energy to pull down.

Putting a hoof over the image of the Wonderbolts, he tore it down with a dismissive sniff and rolled it up into a crumpled wad that he dropped onto the floor. There was no point in throwing it away when this house was going to be torn down.

“Brother?” a timid voice had him looking down into the blue eyes of a griffin cub, his dove-like head tilting shyly while his pink talons clicked against one another, “D-do you think she’ll like me?” knowing who he was talking about, Zephyr ruffled his feathered head.

“She’s your cousin, of course, she will, your adorable,” he said with a teasing smile, getting a pout in return.

“Am not,” Frost protested, before looking uncertain, “She won’t care I’m a griffin right?” smile stiffening, Zephyr pulled his baby brother against him in reassurance.

“No, she won’t,” eyes narrowing, he glared at the wall, thinking about the jerks in Cloudsdale and the ones responsible for Frost’s insecurity.

“Okay, I’m going to check on my cloud boards! I finished hers last night!” that said he ran out and Zephyr shook his head, reaching out to grab the suitcase in his wing and paused at seeing the extended metal wing.

Right, still not used to it. Picking up the suitcase, he shut the door behind him and descended the stairs, seeing his parents finishing up their own packing in the kitchen. All the other boxes had been put outside for the movers to pack, and his own cart was hopefully not being neglected in the wrong one.

Thinking about how much he had to take with him was a headache, and he almost regretted refusing Trade’s offer to use one of her storage compartments. The offer was nice, but knowing her, his luggage would somehow end up gaining sentience.

The letters from his former teachers were proof of that as they struggled to settle in the place Trade arranged for them.

Thinking of the sect dampened his mood a bit, the memory of its destruction haunting in his memory as it was in his nightmares.

“Zephyr?” a yellow hoof touched his left cheek, right below the scars across his eye, and he saw his mother’s worried expression, “Are you alright?” her eyes fell to his fake wing and the other scars, the tears appearing making him sigh.

“I’m fine Mom, just reminiscing is all,” she removed her hoof, still looking sad, so he leaned down to nuzzle her cheek, “Just think about how tomorrow morning you’ll be hoof deep while wrestling with nature,” his mother laughed, the sadness dissipating as she clapped her hooves together.

“Oh can you just imagine it? I’ve seen pictures of the place but nothing does it justice, to think I’ll be paid to tend the orchard,” anger threatened to rise up again but he pushed it down, smiling at his mom.

She should’ve been allowed to garden years ago, instead of forced to practicing her talent as a hobby while working in the snowflake factory.

“And Dad will be busy designing his own cloud buildings,” a light chuckle came from his other mild-mannered parent, the stallion looking embarrassed.

“I’m a bit embarrassed about the opportunity, I’m sure there are others who could do it better than I can,” Zephyr sighed.

“Dad, your doing it again, and no, no one’s done as much cloud architecture as you have, even if a pegasus wants to move somewhere and get their own house, Cloudsdale has that house in a bottle,” he rolled his eyes, recalling the picture of Rainbow Dash’s new house. Far be it from the pegasus to actually get a house on the ground, “You designed a skating rink for Frost and his cousins, did that favor for Trade Wind, helped build that flying stadium in Canterlot, and even did a few projects for the Nocturnes. Fancy Pants offered the job to you because he knew you would be the perfect fit,” his dad’s face was completely red, ducking underneath the table in the hopes that Zephyr would ignore him.

“Please stop, I’m not comfortable with that kind of praise,” a crash had them whirling around, and Zephyr caught the white blur that was his brother who had a panicked expression on his face,

“I can’t find the cloud boards! I had them in a special box so I could find them easily but it isn’t there-” he was breathing fast, eyes wide and Zephyr put a hoof on his beak, taking a deep breath that the younger male copied, before letting out a breath. After doing it for several times, he walked over to the windows with his brother still clinging to him and pointed out to the cart.

“I took it out for you earlier this morning when you were getting your comic book collection, figured I would save you the trip,” his brother looked at the bright blue box outside, back at him, then buried his now red face in his neck.

Mom cooed, reaching for the camera around her neck to take pictures while Dad peeked out from the table to smile at them.

Zephyr gave them a deadpanned look,

“You realize the movers are charging you by the hour right? And no doubt others have seen the boxes and might be spreading the news. We all want to be gone by the time the well-wishers come remember?” his parents glanced at the clock, blanched, and hurried to finish their packing. Shaking his head, he went outside to where the movers were lounging against the cart, one sipping a bottle of cold lemonade while the other was chewing something with steam coming out of his ears.

“Technically we aren’t charging by the hour,” Reed stated, Zephyr rolled his eyes upward.

“Why is it that you have better hearing than your sonar husband?” the griffin shrugged,

“When it comes to money us griffins always have sharp ears,” Zephyr twitched, trying not to deadpan, he could believe it, but it was still ridiculous.

"Thanks for doing this you two," Zephyr told them, eyeing Ghost Pepper, "Are you trying to increase your spicy tolerance for the next Spice cook-out? You do realize no one can beat Trade Wind in that, right?" the Nocturne had a stubborn look on his face while his husband rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, I've been trying to tell him that, but he has some sort of 'pride' in living up to his name and he's been chewing Volcano peppers for the last five hours!" Zephyr face-hoofed.

"And you just let him do it?” he asked, the griffin scoffed,

“Like I could stop him, though he’s going to find himself on the couch tonight,” Zephyr ducked as chewed up pieces of pepper shot passed his head, bat winged-pony chugging a glass of chocolate milk before glaring at his partner.

“You didn’t say anything about that before,” he protested, Reed rolled his eyes,

“Should have been obvious, you know what happens when you get too many spice in your system,” Ghost Pepper leaned in with a smirk.

“Yes I do-” his head was smacked into the cloud, Reed’s claws clenched into a fist before he turned away from him to glance at Zephyr’s cart.

"You going to need help flying that to Ponyville?" they filled the cart with various luggage and boxes, and with his prothetic wing still settling, Zephyr couldn’t fly quite yet.

"We're dividing up the load in a hot air balloon and Gabby'll be taking the cart down," Reed smirked, raising an eyebrow.

“So how’s it going with her anyway?” keeping his mouth shut, the pegasus set down his luggage and went back into the house, ignoring their snickers. Ghost Pepper got up from the cloud, rubbing his head and staring after the pegasus.

“Dude still hasn’t confessed huh?” Reed shook his head, looking frustrated, “Idiot should really confess soon, I have a bet riding on him,” “You have a bet on everybody,” Ghost told him dryly, “You bet on us,” “And I won didn’t I?” the griffin chuckled, making him turn pink and send the other a playful glare.

They stopped upon seeing Frost peering at them from the Shy’s soon to be ex-doorway, the cub watching them and looking hesitant to approach.

“Hey cub! You excited about moving in with your sister?” he slowly approached them, nodding shyly, Ghost Pepper gave him an encouraging look, “I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun, and there is the Graphic Library to think about,” he lit up at that.
“Yes! I heard from Glaze that they added a few more shelves and I uh-,” he shrunk down, “I would like to see it,” he said in a soft voice.

“And you will,” a kind voice stated as a griffin landed in front of them, gray-blue coat and turquoise eyes crinkled in a smile,

“Hey Gabby,” Frost greeted softly, almost drowned out by the older male’s greetings. She smiled cheerfully.

“I got the balloon for you and Zephyr set up, and I’ll be right down with the cart, is everything else ready for Mr. and Mrs. Shy?” the couple came out as she asked this, Zephyr following close behind and locking the door, throwing the key into the surrounding clouds. The family hugged one another goodbye, Mr. and Mrs. Shy looking like they were going to cry while Frost was sniffing. Reed and Pepper helped them settle into the cart, securing the luggage in the back and attaching themselves to the front. Frost watched his parents take off with tears going down his cheeks, clinging to his brother’s left hoof.

"Can we visit them over Hearth's Warming?" Frost asked with a pleading gaze.

"Why not," they visited the Pie's last year for Hearth's Warming, and before that was Ponyville with Reese's family.

Whispers reached the ears and any excitement Frost showed died down as the words became clear.

"I heard the youngest went into a tantrum and attacked his brother,"

"How can they let him stay with them?"

"And his relationship with the female griffin should be illegal!" all they ignored these words, even as Frost climbed onto Zephyr’s back and hid in his yellow mane to hide from their looks.

They arrived at the hot air balloon and stepping in gingerly, he grabbed the suitcase Gabby tossed him in his mouth and placed it in the basket.

When it was almost at its limit, Gabby took a step back and attached the cart to herself,

"See you down there okay?" she received their nods and disappeared through the clouds,

"Alright, come on Frosted Flake, let's get this balloon down to Ponyville," Frost beamed as his brother gestured to the device responsible for lighting the fire that lifted up the balloon and went to the lever.

"Ready!" the rope tying the balloon to the Cloudsdale docks was released and Zephyr turned his back on Cloudsdale to stare at the Equestrian ground below.

'Goodbye and good riddance' he thought to himself.


Trade Wind snorted awake, her blue eyes blearily opening against the unwanted morning light, as well as the unamused griffin staring at her.

"Oh, hey Gabby," seeing no cause for alarm, she went back to sleep and threw a wing over her face, curling even tighter into a ball.

A gust of wind blew her off her perch and she flailed a bit, almost losing her balance if not for grabbing the vine above her head in her mouth.

When she was sure she was stable, she let go and dropped down on her hooves, giving her old dormmate an unamused expression.

"What was that for?" Gabby had her arms crossed and her 'I'm disappointed in you look'.

"You know, I can understand not telling your sister’s about your arrival to prevent a certain dragon’s demise, but maybe give notice to someone about your whereabouts. Moondancer had no idea if you were still here or in Canterlot,” the griffin looked at her cart which was still parked in front of the castle, “And the point of you building that thing was to sleep in it, not in trees,” Trade rubbed her head.

"I was getting a head start on all of the cleanings up and making a safe path through the forest for the non-flyers, I'm pretty sure I sent her a note,” Gabby sighed.

"Like you sent a note the last few times you were project-focused?" Trade thought back to it and grimaced.

"Did I write it in a strange language again?" she had gotten into the bad habit of doing that to prevent others from reading her work (an issue she really needed to work through but she's been really busy so she had no idea how.) Unfortunately, she forgot she didn't have to do it in her notes.

"Let's get back to town for the meeting," Trade furrowed her brow.

"Meeting?" her lost tone did not make Gabby's mood any better.

"The one at the Town Hall where you are supposed to be going over the project with all of the volunteers and the assigned professionals? The one you sent an invite for a week ago?" seeing that she was still out of it, Gabby revealed her secret weapon.

Steam came out of the canteen, the scent of the contents reaching the researcher, who leaned towards it, sniffing with hopeful eyes. Giving it over, Gabby watched her friend gulp down the contents and let them do their work.

Moments later the two were flying towards town, one with wide eyes and muttering under her breath about any last minute changes while the former made sure she didn't crash through any trees in her charged up state.

'Well, I wonder how she'll react when I say she still has five hours?' it was still early morning after all.


The moment they touched down in Ponyville, Frost hopped out of the basket and ran full speed towards Pizza Cub, his cloud board bouncing on his back.

"Frost! Hold up, we still need to," Zephyr watched his brother disappear with dismay, "See Fluttershy," a giggle caught his attention and he turned to see Fluttershy in her Ranger gear and Harry the Bear standing next to her.

"He'll be fine Zephyr, I'll see him later, Pinkie no doubt wants to plan a party for the three of you," Zephyr saw her eyes fall down to his prosthetic wing and the scars, and put on a fake smile.

"Well can't wait for that, how have you been sis?" his sister's expression made him cringe, she looked halfway between crying and anger, "It looks worse than it is," he assured her, she didn’t look convinced, ‘Trust me, the one who did this is in a worst place,” he shuddered.

He never wanted to know what a black hole close-up looked like, and never wants to see one ever again.

An angry Princess Celestia is something he doesn’t wish on anyone.

"I want to know the full story later okay?" he really did not want to, but sooner or later Princess Celestia would give him the clearance, and his sister was a Bearer of an Aspect now after all.

"Alright," he gave a grin to the bear standing back, "What's up Harry? Here for the honey?" the bear dropped on all fours and nudged him with his head, "Yeah yeah, its in the cart that Gabby brought, so you'll have to be a bit patient for a while longer," the bear growled at him, he gave it a challenging look, "I could always give the honey to Angel," the growling stopped as the bear tried to do a pleading face instead.

"Okay you two, enough, Harry, why don't you go pick up your order at Sugarcubes Corner, Zephyr, you come with me to the cottage for some tea before the meeting you didn’t elaborate on," knowing not to argue, the two did as she said.

Zephyr looked back in the direction his brother went in with a concerned expression before following after his sister, he'll check on Frost later.

'I just hope his new sister will get along with him'

---------

Scootaloo tried not to fidget as Reese prepared a midday lunch for them,

"Is it really alright for us to leave while she's doing this?" she asked Glaze, who closed the sports magazine he was reading,

"It's fine, Frost no doubt wants to show off his present to you as soon as possible, and we'll be eating out at the park anyways," another thing she had to get used to,

"H-how many cousins do yo- we have?" she stumbled in her sentence, but he pretended not to notice as he thought about it,

"Well, excluding the Carrot-Reese trio," he winked at her, she tried not to flush in embarrassment, "We have Ganache Onyx Pie who is Auntie Pinkie Pie's sister, and Frost Shy who is Auntie Fluttershy's brother who as we said, is moving to Ponyville with Uncle Zeph," then he paused and furrowed his brow, turning to their guardian, "Hey Reese,

do the Po twins count?" before Scootaloo could ask about the 'twins', there was a fast knocking on the door and a voice calling to be let in.

"How about letting your cousin in, and yes, they do," with that question answered, she turned back to the food and Scootaloo joined her cousin on his way to open the door.

She'd seen pictures of Frost before, of the entire griffin egg quartet, but it was kind of different seeing him face to face.

'Wow, his talons look even pinker than Pinkie's hair' said the cub paused as his eyes met hers and he shuffled his front paws, opening his beak before closing it a couple of times.

"Ugh, we're going out for the walk Reese!" Caramel pushed them out through the door, "Frost, Scootaloo, Scootaloo, Frost," whatever excitement she caught from him earlier seemed to disappear as he shuffled alongside them, peeking up at her before staring at the floor, "Seriously Frost, she's our cousin! No need to get shy about it," when he still didn't respond, Caramel huffed, "Okay, Scootaloo, Frost's gift for you is," pink talon's covered her beak.

"I want to tell her!" Frost insisted, Glaze shook his head,

"Then go dude," Frost turned red when he saw ‌Scootaloo was still staring at him and he was turning to them, almost walking backward.

"W-well, Caramel and Glaze said they got the stadium created, a-and I thought that, since they had them I had to get you one. It's not much, and I'm not good at making them but," watching her 'relative’ in bemusement, Scootaloo didn't see the collision till it was too late.

Her and Frost bumped into something and fell down,

"Oof," she shook her head and looked up, stiffening at the sight of the griffin in front of her, one that she didn't recognize who had an angry look on her face.

"Watch where you're going!" she scolded them. Scootaloo tried to call up her bravado, but the anger coming from the female made her nervous. Frost wasn't doing any better.

"I'm s-sorry," he was drawing into himself, something that she pounced on.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she mocked, "Ugh, I heard there were cubs being raised by ponies, but a sissy like you should never have hatched." Scootaloo felt indignation on his behalf.

"He said he was sorry," she said defensively, the griffin sneered before taking a deep breath and roaring in their faces.

"Go away losers!" she shouted, Scootaloo saw Frost's eyes fill with tears as he ran away, and she went after him but a claw on her shoulder stopped her.

"Glaze has it," Caramel nodded to their brother who was already flying after her, "Come on, we have other business to attend to," the mean griffin had disappeared and Scootaloo wanted to know what they were supposed to do when Caramel dragged her to a table where a familiar Earth pony mare was frowning, her normally poofy mane flat and the table under her hooves was cracking.

"Auntie Pinkie, can you help us?" Scootaloo gulped as the mare’s focus turned to them, feeling the need to run away.

Wait, aunt?

---------

The Meeting Hall connected to the Town Hall was new, built only a year before and used for meetings for a council of business owners throughout Ponyville. The council was created to go ovr new agendas and to cover laws placed by the Royal Capital. The PTA tried holding meetings there, but were firmly directed to the Ponyville Schoolhouse. Spoiled Rich had not been pleased.

The Meeting hall had a large conference room with a U-shaped table and two side rooms, one was storage and the other was a kitchenette. Bathrooms were in the building next door and deemed not important to add to the structure.

For this meeting, only a few of the shop owners had been called to attend.

Mayor Mare of course

Carrot Cake from Sugarcube Corner.

Reese from Pizza Cub

Burnt Oak the Wood Pony

Big Mac from Sweet Apple Acres

Oat Bun of the Hayburger

Filthy Rich of Barnyard Bargains

Rarity of Canterlot Boutique

Time Turner (not a business owner but respected scientist)

Derpy Hooves from the Mail Office who also had a side business in selling Muffins

And there were a few guests from out of town.

Limestone of the Pie Family- Zephyr Breeze- and Moondancer.

Zephyr stormed into the conference room, taking a seat next to Big Mac who had one of his accounting books open and an abacus on the side.

"Frost?" the Earth pony inquired,

"Yeah, Gilda, Rainbow's old friend made a comeback," the pegasus had a furious look on his face, "Pinkie Pie threw a party for the griffon around this time, so Fluttershy went to confront her," the apple farmer grunted as the rest of the group came in.

Rarity took a seat on the opposite side, the unicorn's eyes meeting Big Mac's before turning away, causing him to deflate.

Yeah, Zephyr did not want to touch that issue at all, even if he did feel some sympathy for his fellow WEU graduate.

After the unicorn of the fashion trio came Limestone, Mayor Mare came in with her secretary, taking the spot at the head of the table and behind them were Trade Wind and Gabby.

"Hello everybody," Trade Wind's greeting was returned with a few 'good afternoon's’ from the stunned attendees.

“Trade Wind!” Rarity called out in surprise, blinking as the pegasus sauntered in, “I did not even know you were in Ponyville,” he reformer classmate shrugged, setting a table in the middle of the open space of the table.

“I’m kind of keeping it low-key, so please do not tell anyone i’m here alright,” the unicorn frowned while Zephyr and Big Mac exchanged glances.

“Alright, but what is this meeting about?” “I’m getting to that,” Trade Wind pressed a button, an allusion of the Castle of the Two Sisters appearing. Gasps from those not from WEU made the former students smile.

“It’s been awhile since i’ve seen that,” Zephyr stated, looking nostalgic, “Remember the stadium?” Big Mac snorted, earning them a look from the blue pegasus before she turned to the rest of the members.

“As everyone is aware, Princess Luna has recently returned to Equestria, and as a result of her return, Princess Celestia has decided to hire a team to restore the castle according to her sister’s vision. I went through it a week ago and explored all the nooks and crannies,” Rarity’s brow furrowed, Trade Wind had been here that long?
Without any of her sister’s noticing?

Trade Wind touched the image and expanded it, showing the dilapidated bridge the six had to go across.

“I want to start with the bridge, Limestone, I need you to create a stone bridge with the toughest rocks you have that can be enchanted, I’ll send you a few pictures of the bridges Princess Luna likes,” the rock farmer accepted the folder handed to her with a stiff nod, “I also calculated the damage and walls that will need repairing, but I will leave the stonework for you to decide. Next is the cleaning and layout, I got most of the webs out with the wind but the grime and other stuff were too old to deal with,” Zephyr’s ears flattened, knowing where this was going and not liking it.

He hated cleaning.

"Um excuse me, I don't mean to sound rude, but why are we here?" Mr. Cake inquired, a bit nervously at being the center of attention.

"Oh, sorry, we'll be doing long hours and its only natural that we'll need catering for the workers. You don't need to deliver the food yourselves, but I thought you'd like to be aware of what is going on. We'll be using your services and Oat Bun’s as well as those from the Apple family and other farmers in Ponyville. There will also be some provisions sent from the Nocturne clans," that did not seem to garner positive attention from everyone which was noticed. Trade Wind gestured to Gabby to turn off the projector and her gaze seemed to include everyone as she cleared her throat.

“Before I continue, dragons and Nocturnes, as well as griffins and other non-ponies, have been mingling with Equestria for years now, get over it already,” Zephyr saw Rarity swallow her laughter but couldn’t help his own snort.

"Miss Wind," Mayor Mare was silenced as whatever amusement Trade Wind had vanished completely, instead there was a icy no-tolerant expression.

'The General' Zephyr had experienced this side of Trade Wind several times, and each time he wished he wasn't in the room.

"For the past eight years, there have been attempts made by the crown and several others to include not just Nocturne, but other races that live within Equestria. If any of you read North Star magazine or kept yourselves up to date on the efforts made by the WEU teachers and students, you will know that there is no reason for you to fear other races. They have isolated the Nocturne race for the past thousand years for various reasons, but they deserve to have a place in society as much as the next creature with a heartbeat. Princess Luna is their sovereign to whom they have declared their loyalty, with Princess Celestia behind her. Now, since this project is to build a castle for the Princess of the Moon, you should not be surprised that they want to honor their princess by helping out. So yes, there will be Nocturne coming into town, and possibly quite frequently. No, they do not drink blood, they are not allergic to garlic, and frankly, Ponyville should present a better front in tolerating other races. Or are you forgetting how Equestria was founded?" that silenced them.

"I agree," Filthy Rich stood up from his seat, the Earth stallion straightening his posture, "I've had the pleasure of meeting a few of these nocturnal ponies myself and have managed to establish contracts with them. I'm also proud to admit that Barnyard Bargain's will be opening a shop within Hollow Shades," he nodded to Rarity, "And might I add that in their two years in this village, Rarity’s business partners have done nothing and the years that griffins have lived, no serious incidents beyond what our own residents have done happened?" he sat down again.

"Thank you Mr. Rich," Trade Wind locked eyes with Mayor Mare, "I know you are concerned with your citizen's opinions, but if there are any issues, or attempted sabotage of the project, I'm sure Princess Cadance or Princess Celestia would love to speak with them," the mayor gulped before adjusting her glasses.

"T-that won't be necessary," Big Mac chose this time to speak up as well.

"As a member of one of the founding families of Ponyville, I speak for my Granny who has expressed an interest in new story buddies," there were some uneasy chuckles and some genuine ones.

"Even Canterlot is treating the new species better," was Limestone’s contribution, nonchalantly glancing at her hooves and ignoring the stares.

After that, it only took thirty minutes to wrap up the meeting with a reminder to check the schedule before they dispersed.

Zephyr hurried passed Trade Wind who had been stopped by Mr. Rich for a chat, trying to rush as fast as he could to Sugarcube Corner without aggravating his injuries.

When he arrived, it was to the sight of his sister staring down Gilda at the doorway, no kindness or gentleness at all in her expression.

'She's been hanging around Trade Wind too much' seriously, did Trade all teach her sisters how to do the scary look?!


One hour earlier

Fluttershy entered the cafe, a frown on her face as she weaved around the partygoers and decorations to stand in the corner.

"You can come out now," she lifted her wing to reveal Frost who was clinging to her mane, "It's fine, she's not here yet," she tried to coax her brother out before being interrupted.

"Hey Fluttershy! So, have you met this friend of Rainbow Dash yet?" Twilight asked her, Spike next to her with a cup of punch.

"Oh, yes, but I'll tell you about that later Twilight," her eyes fell on Spike and an idea came to mind, "Spike, would you like to meet my little brother Frost?" the grip on her mane tightened but she didn't pay it any mind as the little dragon blinked.

"Um sure, where is he?" Fluttershy turned so that they could see the white cub clinging to her, his eyes shut as his head was buried in her mane.

"Frost, do you want to greet Spike? He's a dragon you know," that got Frost to open his eyes, and he stared at Twilight's assistant who gave a nervous wave.

"Hi," Spike glanced at Twilight for help but the unicorn merely smiled and pushed him forward.

Frost slowly got down from his sister's back and peeked at Spike from beneath his feather bangs.

"H-hello," he said softly, wings shuffling nervously.

Fluttershy could see Twilight was about to comment on how cute her brother was and getting her attention, shook her head and did a zipping motion with her mouth.

"Frost, Spike here is a fan of comics, but I'm sure he's read none created by dragons," Spike's eyes widened.

"There are comics drawn by dragons?!" Frost widened his eyes as well.

"So, you don't know about the Steam Dragon series?" Spike shook his head and as the two got into a conversation centering around comics, Fluttershy and Twilight watched them with smiles.

"So your brothers are living with you now?" Fluttershy nodded.

"Zephyr is part of the project and with my parents moving, we thought it best that Frost continue his schooling among familiar faces." she tilted her head at Twilight, "Is Spike going to be starting school once summer ends?" Twilight blinked, a bit bewildered.

"No, he's my assistant," Fluttershy frowned at the unicorn.

"He's also still a child who needs to be surrounded by those his age, you don't expect him to do all of your work at the library do you?" Twilight sputtered, clearly caught unawares by the turn of the conversation.

Luckily, Pinkie Pie was there to change the subject,

"Hey, Fluttershy! Twilight, thanks for coming to the party," Caramel and Scootaloo were with her, and Fluttershy spotted Glaze chowing down lemon drops near the front of the party.

"Pinkie Pie, about this party for Gilda," Pinkie rubbed Fluttershy's mane.

"Don't worry about a thing Fluttershy, Auntie Pinkie Pie is going to take care of anything," Fluttershy saw the way Pinkie glanced at the young ones beneath them so didn't feel annoyed.

"Thanks, Pinkie," Twilight looked a little lost as to what they were talking about but couldn't ask as the guest of the hour entered the cafe with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie went to greet them.

"So where's Zephyr then?" Fluttershy looked confused.

"At a meeting for Town Hall I believe, he didn’t exactly elaborate. A whistling sound caught their attention and they saw Gilda running to dunk her head in a barrel.

"Hah, pepper in the lemon drop," Caramel snickered, she and Scootaloo exchanging a look that made Fluttershy suspicious.

"Girls?" her inquiring town made Caramel wince a bit, Scootaloo just blinked up at her innocently.

Things did not go well with Gilda as time went on, and it soon became apparent that she was losing her temper bit by bit.

The tail on the pony was the last straw, and when Fluttershy saw the way Rainbow's expression hardened at her old friend's words, she knew it was her time.

"Fine, if you're going to side with these weaklings, then I'm leaving!" Gilda turned, only to see a vaguely familiar yellow pegasus, "Get out of my way loser," she snarled, ready to tear into the mare with her talons.

"No," was the reply and then the mare's eyes sharpened and Gilda felt her entire being freeze, "I can understand being frustrated by pranks, and I can understand that you are uneasy in an unfamiliar environment. But what I cannot forgive is you yelling at an innocent for accidentally bumping into you and making them cry," Fluttershy stepped forward and Gilda stepped back, "I always knew you were a bully, but to make a cub cry for fun is downright cruel," she took another step, making Gilda step back further, "So, before you leave, I want you to turn around and apologize to everyone you were cruel to, including Frost," without control, Gilda found hersel turning around to see the white cub she scared off earlier next to what looked like a baby dragon.

"You!" she growled, making the cub flinch and hide beneath his claws, but the orange pegasus filly and the other two cubs got in front of him.

"Not on our watch you stupid villain," the female cub's haunches were raised, and her brother was in a crouch, glaring at her.

"What can you do to me," Gilda managed in her paralysis, the pegasus filly smirked and threw up a ball, turning and bucking it to the ceiling, making a popping noise as a strange liquid covered Gilda, filling her nostrils with a rotten smell.

"Ugh!" her paralysis was broken and she growled, "You little," she charged at them when a green hoof entered her line of sight and she somehow found herself pinned to the floor, her wings at an odd angle.

"And this is how you take down a raging griffin," then she found herself being spun multiple times, "And this is how you say goodbye," with surprising force she was pushed out of there into the street, "Goodbye!" the door slammed shut in her face and she struggled to her feet.

"I'm outta here," she tried to fly but her wings weren't responding and she was forced to limp out of Ponyville.

Inside Sugarcube Corner, Frost was beaming at his siblings,

"Thank you guys," Caramel scoffed.

"The only one allowed to make you cry is me," she stated, Glaze rolled his eyes, looking up at Fluttershy who joined them.

"Sorry for ruining your scolding Auntie Fluttershy," the pegasus shook her head.

"It was too much to hope that she would apologize, but Gilda has always been like that," Rainbow approached the group, looking a bit perturbed.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy gave the blue mare a surprisingly dry look.

"Should I repeat the numerous times you were told of Gilda's actions and passed them off as nothing serious? I only waited to scold Gilda because I wasn't sure whether you would take her side," Rainbow's mouth dropped.

"You said she made Frost cry! I wouldn't have been surprised that you scolded her," she tried to defend herself, Fluttershy looked tired.

"Before or after coming to Ponyville," Rainbow realized what she was getting at and flinched back as if slapped.

"Fluttershy," the pegasus let her brother climb on her back and Zephyr blocked Rainbow from approaching her.

"We're glad you didn't side with your friend again this time, but you can't say it hasn't been coming with what you've let your friends get away with in the past," the group left, leaving the party on a silent note.

"Rainbow?" Twilight watched the Element of Loyalty bow her head.

“I’m going home, I don’t feel well,” she left, leaving the remaining Elements to exchange awkward looks.

What had happened?