• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,407 Views, 27 Comments

The Garden of Love - Kirakina



A young Twilight thinks she is in he first love, she asks Celestia about her first love.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,407

The Willow Seed

“…So from now on I, Princess Celestia ruler of Equestria, will emancipate the colt known as “Fancypants” from his mother as she is no longer in a fit mental state to care for him. As such, he is free to live in the castle and study under my tutelage alongside my faithful student Twilight Sparkle.

Sincerely,

Celestia Shingingstar, Ruler of Equestria”

Celestia sighed as she signed her proclamation, her melancholy mood overwhelming her, that poor colt. His mother had gone mad with grief; he was alone in the world. His only bright spot was her pupil twilight. Celestia smiled, Twilight her faithful student had rescued the poor colt from himself on the horrible night when his mother had attacked him in a fit of grief rage.

The white Alicorn mare looked out her window at the roses she was so familiar with. She missed her Starswirl so much. He had left his hoof print on her heart.

“Why did he have to die so young?”

“Because he loved you too much to let you go Cele…”

A grass green arm curled around Celestia. She looked up into the bright violet eyes that had held her heart for a thousand years now. With tears in her eyes, she leaned into the smooth hide of the one being that had been there for her through everything.

“I love you Cedric; you are the only being who understands what I’ve lived through...”

“I love you too my dear, I wish I could help you more...”

“It is enough to have you here to hold me Ceddie, can you please send this and to the head of the guard?” Celestia grasped the scroll in her gold magic and floated it and the scroll containing the removal of Fancy’s mother to a hospital up to her lover.

“OH Gee I see how it is Cele, “Ceddie send this, Ceddie send that… OH CEDDIE?” Cedric winked at the mare of his heart.

Green light filled the room.

FLASHBACK:

Celestia snuggled up close to her beloved; he was dead asleep, twitching slightly in his dreams. His grey coat sparkled with the rain. They had just escaped into the gazebo in the garden when the downpour started. Celestia had lit a fire in the fireplace when she was grabbed by her tail and pulled into a snuggle that smelled of fresh rain and damp earth.
Starswirl always smelled of damp earth these days, he said he was working on something special for her in his lab. He had been working on it since that fateful day that she had shared her darkest fear and secret with her beloved.

A few months ago:

Celestia and Starswirl giggled as they watched the Pegasus foals bounce on the clouds above them.

“Don’t you just wish you had one Cele?”Smiled Starswirl

“Yeah, I wish we did…” Celestia sighed wistfully.

Celestia tried her hardest to keep the lump in her throat and the tears forming in her eyes from being seen by her Starry. Her efforts were in vain. Star pulled the slightly larger mare close to him.

“What’s wrong Beloved?”

“It’s nothing darling. Don’t worry ok?”

“Cele you are so bad at lying… tell me” Starswirl chuckled slightly.

Celestia looked away from her beloved. Tears falling slightly.

What if he leaves me… what if he thinks I am a freak, I cannot lose him. He wants foals so bad but I…

“Celestia…”

I cannot tell him he will not stay with me.

“Celestia.”

He will move on to some pony who can give him what he wants.

“CELESTIA!”

“HUH?! Wha?” Celestia jumped.

“Celestia please tell me what’s wrong! You’re scaring me!” Starswirl pulled his lover close

“You can tell me anything darling I will never let you go. You have my heart for as long as I live. You are my other half, my soul mate.”

Celestia sighed and weighed her options; she looked to the sky for answers. She found nothing. Sighing she let her gaze roam. Her eyes fell on the roses that her lover tended so closely…

“Star… do you really want foals... with me?

“Yes Celestia I do want you to have foals with me, why?”

Celestia's eyes returned to her lover. His eyes found hers and saw the light had gone out of them, frightened he asked.

“Cele tell me, nothing that you could ever do or say will scare me off darling.”

“Starry, I…

I…

I can’t have foals...”

Celestia collapsed and sobbed into her lover’s mane. Shaking from sorrow and terror. Terror that he may leave her, terror he would think she was a freak, terror that she would be alone forever.

“Is that all?”

Celestia gasped, a grey hoof cupped her chin as her eyes met his. The kiss played on her lips as he reassured her. He broke the kiss pushing his forehead gently against hers.

“Celestia you silly filly. That does not bother me. We can adopt if you wish. I said nothing you can ever say or do will ever cause me to run away.

Celestia’s heart soared. He did not care, he did not run, most of all he accepted her.

“Cele, may I ask why you can’t?”

Celestia gulped and tried to calm herself.

“No one knows, we think it is because I am an Alicorn. My magic would be too strong for the foal. It would die before I could give birth…” Celestia sighed, “I do wish we could darling…”

RETURN TO FLASHBACK:

Lighting cracked across the sky. Starswirl jumped at the sound, Celestia kissed his cheek.

“Still scared after all these years?”

She chuckled. Her beloved had always been afraid of these storms. She on the other hoof loved them, especially when she could go flying in them.

“Star would you like to see what I see when I fly in these storms? I can take you.”

Star looked at Celestia with wide eyes full of excitement.

“I can research the storm while you fly?”

“Yes darling I’ll even take you inside the clouds if you want”

Star nodded and clambered onto his lovers back. The flight only lasted a few minutes but it was the best time of Stars life. They touched down and he clambered off his lovers back.

“Cele marry me. Please marry me?”

Celestia gasped in surprise. She said the only thing that came to her mind.

“What?”

“I said marry me Cele!”

“Of course!”

The happy couple embraced.

FLASHBACK END:

Celestia nuzzled Cedric fondly. They cuddled in the gazebo like she had done so many years ago with Star. Cedric hugged Celestia and combed her mane with his claws. Even though he was a dragon, their love is true.

“Celestia, what was the gift he was making you?”

“It was a seed; he poured his very soul into it. In the end we never got to use it...”

“What happened dearest?”

“It was the year Discord came to Equestria, we were in the final battle against him…”

FLASHBACK:

“Discord you will never rule over my little ponies as long as I live!”

“I will never let you touch Celestia!” Screamed Starswirl as he charged the draconequis

Discord pointed at the charging unicorn as a lightning bolt of blue energy flew from his claw tip. Star easily redirected it and rammed the deity of chaos knocking him over the stairwell and onto the marble floor five hundred feet below. Star Teleported himself to the floor below as Celestia flew down to meet him,

“Thank you my love,” She turned to confront discord, “You! I have had enough of your shenanigans. It is time I turned you to stone.” Celestia closed her eyes to concentrate.

Discord took his opportunity to strike, grabbing a sword from the statue next to him he rammed forward.

ZAP

GASP

“STARSWIRL!!”

Discord cackled as he slowly turned to stone knowing he had gotten the last laugh.
Starswirl fell to the floor the sword jutting out of his side. Celestia screamed in horror.

“Star NO! Why did you do that?!”

“Cele, I told you I would always protect you, I meant it. I am so sorry we never got to use my gift to you… it was a willow seed; the flowers will enable two ponies in love to have foals no matter what. I made this seed for you, I wanted to grant your wish, and I wanted to give you a foal of our own…”

“Oh Star...please we still have so much time... don’t leave me alone. Please! Star don’t leave me… I love you.”

“I love you to my darling.”

Starswirl leaned up and kissed his beloved with the last of his strength and whispered,
“I will wait for you my Darling” a tear fell across his cheek as his last breath escaped him.

FLASHBACK END:

“After his death I retrieved the seed and planted it in his memory, it is the very willow that grows in the garden today, it carries buds year round. They only blossom in the presence of true love.”

Cedric smiled as he remembered the first time he had walked with Celestia in the garden, the willow had bloomed for them.

“Celestia I love you”

“I love you too Darling”

Author's Note:

Man it has been forever but i finally got the gumption to write again i hope you enjoy it. i haven't really had anyone proof read it yet. but i wanted to get it out before the new year :) ENJOY

Comments ( 9 )

1882720 thanks i hope you like it my boyfriend will be going through these later this week to help me :pinkiehappy:

1882752
i have her at like age 14-15

Alright... so StarSwirl and Celestia, haven't seen that before. Good chapter, short to be honest and somewhat confusing with the jumping around. Grammar issues still there but better and not distracting. Only real issue I have is the explanation as to why she can't have foals (I can't believe that) but I understand why it's there, to show the depth of the love between Celestia and Starswirl. As Admin of Protect Celestia I deem this fic acceptable under the rules and charters of the group.

In the Name of Her Serene Majesty Celestia Everfree,
Celestia's Paladin: Ex Solis et Lunae, Provendtia et Prospartiea

Discord sure is lucky that he was turned into stone after this... If the battle had gone on... well the music says everything.

Lets just say.... he'd been bucked majorly

Review from A-Ha (The group, not the band.)
Name of Story: The Garden of Love
Grammar: 5/10 (It's needs a little scrubbing.)
Pros:
Shipping. I like the fact that it is different. FancyTwi, and CeleStar. Whatever you want to call it. Not bad.
Fancy Pants youth. (Needs explanation of why Twilight and he aren't together anymore.)
Celestia backstory. Has some interesting points.
Cons:
Flashbacks are too clearly defined. I feel like you are trying to hit in the face with a giant neon sign.
You gave Celestia a last name. (Personal opinion)
You may have jumped the shark a touch with the dragon. (Personal opinion)
Notes:
You need to clean it up a bit as far as punctuation goes. I would use simple "****" to clarify time changes. Saying "FLASHBACK" just seems a little lazy and like we as the reader can't spot one when it happens. The premise is nice and I can appreciate the dragon can live a long enough time to constitute being a good partner for Celestia. I have one question/ problem: where does she keep him?

1928179
im gonna answer everythign in my next chapter and dont forget this it an AU so im not saying they will stay together but its different thatin cannon. yes she meats the mane 6 still but things are different with fancy. (he isnt high canterlot society)

Review part 2:
I dislike the whole "out of ten" system for grammar rating because it is very arbitrary. I have gone through and found all the errors I can find (no doubt I may have missed some) and found a percentage out of one hundred. 5.25% of your story contains errors. This may not seem like much but it is actually quite a bit for a piece of writing.
The biggest things I wish to draw your attention to are:
-Capitalization of proper nouns such as names and places
-Punctuation
-Indentation. The easiest way to do this so you don't have to hit the tab key a bunch is to right click>Paragraph>Under the "Indents and Spacing" tab>Indentation>Special>First Line
-Your (Of possession) vs. You're (You are). The second chapter contains most of this.

Also there is one continuity error that I failed to mention last night. In the first chapter, Celestia claims that Starswirl didn't feel the same way about her affections and they had a great friendship. In the third chapter, they are talking about having foals and proclaiming their love for each other.

1930609 It just occured to me that you said this is AU but that tag isn't listed on it.

1932078 that last part was left up to interpretation... loll

Login or register to comment