• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,407 Views, 27 Comments

The Garden of Love - Kirakina



A young Twilight thinks she is in he first love, she asks Celestia about her first love.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,407

The Willow Tree

Twilight went crashing down her staircase. This was unusual for her as she was a cautious young filly who always took her time to do everything perfectly. She treated her life with a gentle curiosity of a mare five times her age. She never wanted to miss anything. As she went down the staircase with all the cautiousness of a Minotaur in a china shop she tripped,

Falling

Tumbling

Scraping

“TWILIGHT?!” she heard a scream before she was surrounded in a hot pink bubble.
Moondancer her favorite teacher caught her and gently put her down in the little alcove that she was standing in before the little filly could hurt herself more or worse break her horn in half. Moondancer sighed and looked at her favorite student from her “Equestria History and Accounting” class.

“Twi, were you attempting to try to fly using magic again?” She shook her head and sighed, “What did the princess say about this the last two times you tried this?”

“I wasn’t trying to fly Mrs. Dancer! I was looking for the new colt in class; he has a blue mane and white coat. Have you seen him?” said the purple filly nursing her brusing shoulder.

“Ummm... could you be more specific Twi? Do you know what his name starts with or his cutie mark?”
“He had three golden crowns on his flank!”

Moondancer giggled as she saw the look of a young filly in the grasp of infatuation, “Oh you must mean Fancypants, he’s out in the courtyard, see?”

Moondancer pointed out the opening. Twilight ran to the railing sticking her head though an opening below, she saw the young colt resting in the grass by himself under a rather beautiful willow tree.

“Ummm Mrs.Moondancer….” Twilight whispered as she tried to pull her head back, blushing at her own stupidity.

“Oh twilight what am I going to do with you!” Laughed Moondancer as she gently pried Twilights head out of the railing, “Go find your little colt-friend then silly-filly.” Moondancer smiled as her favorite little purple filly quickly, yet more carefully this time, ran down to the courtyard.

When Twilight reached the ground floor and stepped into the courtyard she heard the faint sounds of somepony sniffling. Twilight rounded the corner and came to the great willow; beneath the beautiful tree, hiding in its branches was Fancy.

“Um hello?” called Twilight, not wanting to intrude on him if he was not ready to talk.

“Come to poke fun Fancy-weirdeye?” shouted a young sounding colt

Twilight parted the branches of pink flowers of the willow tree with her magic and walked into the little cave they made. In that little cave lay the colt she was looking for. He looked horrible, his eyes were red, and tears were flowing freely from them. She looked into those beautiful blue eyes, noticing they were slightly crossed. Without thinking, she reached out a hoof towards his face. Fancy flinched as though she was going to hit him.

“Shhh” she cooed, “I’m not here to make fun of you. I actually came to talk to you, Fancy.” Her heart breaking at the sight of such a beautiful colt hurting so deeply.

Twilight wiped away the tears from his face.

“Your Twilight right? Why would you want to be seen with a cross-eyed freak like me...?”

“You’re not a freak.” She smiled at him, “Who told you that?”

Fancy sighed as more tears began to flow he motioned for Twilight to rest next to him.

“It’s a long story...

FLASHBACK:

FREAK, your no foal of mine! ALL of my foals are PERFECT!” Screeched Sparkler, this was normal for Fancy. Just your everyday rant his mother gave him when he came home.

“GET OUT OF HERE YOU FREAK OF NATURE! GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!” he waited for it. WHAM there it was, his mother just kicked him in the rump, he was so used to it now he did not even feel it anymore. He did not dare stand up for himself or tell her that she was his mother; it would only prove to make her more hysterical. Ever since the accident that had killed his father his mother had slowly been losing her mind. She had to keep everything perfect. Their home was spotless, her coat was spotless, and nothing had been moved since that day. The table was even still set for Hearthswarming eve dinner. His mother constantly whipped down the plates and told herself he was only a little way away, and, would be home any minuet. Of course, Fancy knew his father was never coming home. He had tried a few times to explain to her that he was gone.

Of course, that only made things worse. He finally gave up when his mother had threatened him with a knife saying that he was a murderer and a freak. Moreover, that he was the reason his father had died. That he should have been killed instead because he was a freak.

There were glimpses of his mother now and then when she would be dazed and ask him where the bruises came from. Concerned that he was being beaten up at school, and to tell her so that she could tell his father when he came home, she would tell him that she loved him even though his eyes were not perfect. She would hug him and kiss him and they would sit together and read his favorite stories, but that never lasted long. Like today...

“Hello mother...” Fancy expected his mother to start screaming as soon as he entered the house.

“Hello my darling Fancy!” his mother gushed scooping him up in a hug.

Fancy struggled “Oh Celestia she’s going to strangle me today!” he thought, then he looked down. His mother was smiling. She was having one of her lucid days. Fancy smiled, she was his mom today. His heart leapt for joy, maybe she was back to normal finally?

“Mom how are you feeling today?” snuggling into her coat for the first time in ages. She smelled as if she had been baking a cake.

“I’m wonderful Fan-Fan! Come into the kitchen and ill cut you some cake!” she dropped him gently and skipped into the kitchen. Fancy was so happy he almost cried. His mother was back, he would not have to hide anymore when he came home. He would not have to lock and bar his door at night. His mommy was back!

Sparkler was humming quietly as she pulled the cake out of the cupboard and grabbed a knife to cut it. Fancy, grinning ear to ear, sat down at the table where the dusty plates were. His mother levitated the cake over to him, and then it happened. She snapped.

“WHO ARE YOU TO SIT AT MY TABLE!” she threw the cake at him. Fancy jumped and looked at his mother.
“Mommy, you told me to sit here… you made cake for us.” He half whimpered.

His mother ran towards him with the knife Fancy made a break for the door only managing to get out with a searing cut on his flank, right across his cutie mark. The one she had helped him earn. He started crying before he hit the door. He could handle the teasing at school; they only called him names there. However, here, here was where he had been hurt the deepest, his mother had broken him.

END FLASHBACK:

Twilight looked at the sobbing colt next to her.

“Oh Fancy, why didn’t you say anything before this?” whispered Twilight gently nuzzling the poor broken colt.

“I tried to, no one would listen. They all remember my mother from before the accident...” Fancy leaned into Twilight and sank into tears. Twilight hugged the poor little colt; she cradled his head in her lap. They sat there for a long time, his head in her lap and she holding him and cooing comforting words at him. Finally, he slipped into a tired broken slumber.

Twilight noticed the cut on his flank. It was deep she had to help him. Gently she used her magic to stitch back the wound as best she could. He began to stir as she finished.

“Twilight,” He said quietly, “I don’t want to go home. Please stay here with me?” he pleaded. Twilights thoughts raced, she did not know what to do. She could not stay in the yard all night they would surely catch a cold, he needed to be tended to. She did not know what to tell him to reassure him she would, could never leave his side; she loved this poor broken colt with all of her heart. He was her soul mate.

“Twilight, please don’t leave me!” pleaded the poor white colt with the blood stained hip. Twilight knew there was only one way to reassure him she would never leave him again. She leaned over and kissed him. She kissed him and put all of her feelings in that single simply complex action.

Fancy gasped with surprise, and then he gave in. Fancy knew he loved her now. She would always be there she was the other half of his heart and soul. She was what he needed. She was the twilight after a long day had passed.

“Fancy, I will never ever leave you. Nothing matters anymore. I will ask the Princess to find your mother a home and you can move into my tower. There is a room near mine that is empty. You’ll never be broken again.”

Twilight nudged the colt onto his feet. His hind leg giving out with the pain of his cut. Twilight caught him as he fell; she moved to his side and helped him up the stairs. She would write a letter to the princess as soon as he fell asleep, that is if she did not already know the whole story somehow. She always seemed to know what was up with twilight.

As they reached her room she helped him into the bed, he was already half-asleep due to the emotional strain of the day. She tucked her poor life mate into her bed.

“Thanks Twily, I love you” Said the weary white and blue form in her bed. No one ever called her Twily except for her brother she thought, she decided it would be ok for him to use that name now too since he meant almost as much to her as her brother.

“I love you too Fanc. Try to get some sleep while I write to the Princess ok?” She smiled as she floated over her favorite toy, the one this morning that had comforted her with the odd feelings she had had this morning, Smarty Pants to the bed. Fancy looked at the toy in wonderment.

“Who’s this Twily?” he asked as he reached out for the comfort of the toy and snuggled it deep into his chest.

“This is Smarty Pants,” Fancy giggled at the name and gave her a sly look, “Don’t make fun of her she’s been my best friend forever, my brother gave me her when I was just a baby. She likes to do her homework and she even has a quill and note pad!” Twilight levitated the things towards the bed and set them on the nightstand.
“But she has one special power. She will listen to you no matter what and won’t say a word in judgment about you.” Twilight smiled as she continued “neither will I Fancy, I’ll listen to everything you have to say, forever.” she leaned down and kissed Fancy, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Said the colt whose heart had been broken and repaired on less than one day by two mares he cared about. One who would always be a part of him and the other who would always be not only a part of him but always with him.
Twilight turned to her desk,

Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I found the part of me that was missing….