• ...
 0
 361

Whether it be that I die a monster or live to be rejected by everyone, I care not for what my friends think. They understand, they know.

Whether it be that I die a monster or live to be rejected by everyone, I care not for what my friends think. They understand, they know.

A knock sounded through the small house as I heard hood steps downstairs. Small chatter came as the door was now open. I sat in my room, a small book open, dates marked each page. Each page also had a picture of me and something else in it. My ears perked as I turned to see my door open.

A strong light blue and gray pony, with a blue mane and dark lightning bolt stood in the doorway. His soft blue eyes looked into mine, a soft fangy smile on his face. He spoke with an almost a whisper. “Night is here, Shadow.”

Getting out of my chair and closing the book I grabbed a small bag in my magic. I smiled at him and slowly trotted over. “I got everything, Lightning.”

I followed him downstairs to meet a dark blue alicorn with green eyes and a large serpent demon thing behind him. “Hello, young, Shadow.”

The demon thing bend down. “Hello, Shadow. Been awhile hasn’t it.” Discord said smiling his toothy smile.

I looked back to Lightning who had stepped back. I turned back. “Yea, about…A year I believe?”

“He’s right,” Night started. “To think over a year ago all hell broke loose, with you in the middle.”

I nodded softly and walked out the door as Night and Discord led the way. Ponies flew around Ponyville, some stopped at shops, some trotted down the road. The smell of sweet breading baking filled the air. Night and Discord led me to Princess Twilight Sparkle’s castle, which stood beaming over the small town.

Night stopped and looked to me. “Twilight has been waiting. Go on, she should be in the library waiting for you.”

I took to a gallop as I raced into the castle. Running to the third door down the second hall I stopped, panting lightly to see Twilight putting up a few books. “Princess Twilight.”

I bowed as she turned her head. “Shadow Light, what a nice day to see you. Come in, please.” She gestured a hoof to tell me to come in.

Walking into the room, I took a seat at the large round table. “Night said that you wanted to see me?”

“You’re a vampony right?” She asked, turning to me holding a book in her magic and set it on the table. “You don’t like being one, do you?”

I was shocked, taken back in my seat. “I mean...it’s nice…besides drinking blood.”

“What if I could fix it? Turn you normal!?” She sounded so happy, but deep down, I felt it was wrong, very wrong. “A normal life, no more drinking that horrid blood.”

I watched her fly around the room before landing on the table in front of me, bending over into my face. “What do you say!?”

Taken back from the way she acted. I almost fell out of the chair as the door creaked open. Spike stood there with a message in his claws. “Ummm....Celestia needs you, Twilight.”

Twilight looked over and hoped off the table, leaving the book there. “I’ll go handle this, please think about it.”

She walked out of the room with Spike. I took the book in my magic and started to look over it. She wasn’t lying. There in that book was a way to spilt a pony cursed by the virus and remove their vampony half. I thought back to that night, the night I was bitten by Lightning. The day my life turned around, is it worth it? I mean…My life is fine; I have friends…Like Vinyl! She’s nice and all, and now I’m close to Luna, and Nighty! What is there to give up!?

Standing up, I closed the book and put it back, there was no need to change a life I liked deep down. I walked out the door into the main hall where I bumped into a pony. Rubbing my head, I looked up a bit to see Lightning Strike standing there. “Hello, Shadow.”

A toothy smile is what I got. I smiled back as he patted my head. “Hia buddy, you sure have grown.”

“Thanks. I’m going to get a drink, wish to join me?” He asked starting to walk again. I nodded and took pace with him. Walking into the kitchen he grabbed two glasses and opened the fridge.

He took out a small jug and pour out its contents into the glass, a deep red liquid; Blood. He happily gave me one of the glasses. I brought the glass to my lips and started to tilt it back, the next thing I knew the glass was broken into tiny bits and blood dripped down the wall.

“What the fuck!?” I backed up as Lightning’s hoof dripped with blood. “Why did you do that?”

He pointed to where the glass bits were, amongst the broken piece, was a large piece of onion. An onion to a vampony is like bug spray to...well…a bug. It causes the vampony to go into a coma like state and can’t be fed blood due to the tiny holes in their fangs become close up. I gasped. “I just saved your fucking life.”

He went to get some paper towels as I stood in shock. Somepony just tried to hurt me. “L-light…what should I do?!”

“Go to your room, close and lock the door, and the windows. I’ll explain to Twilight and Luna.” He spoke with anger in his voice. I ran out of the room and upstairs. Doing like he asked.

Jumping onto my bed, and looking up I saw something move out of the corner of my eyes. I sat up, looking around.

You are one

You feed

You are nothing but a Shadow, of me

My eyes widened as I started to shake my head. “W-who’s there?”

Leave them, come back to me. Let me consume you

I shrunk into my bed as it got dark in my room. I knew it wasn’t time for the sun to go down, I shivered in fear.

“G-go away, please! I…I don’t know who you are, but leave. Please!”

“Why should…I?” A pair of eyes opened in front of my bed. Red, deep red, and…a purple wave off the sides of them.

“N-no…I thought we ended you.” I quivered, the fact that He was there, in my room, in Ponyville. “NIGHT!!! LIGHT!!!”

I screamed at the top of my lungs, the darkness vanishing as a guard that was walking by busted into my room. “Are you okay sir?!”

I cried as the guard slowly walked over, looking over the room. “What happened?”

“I…I don’t know. I heard…Him.”

The guard raised an eyebrow. “Him, sir. Sombra is dead, we all know that.”

“Is he? How do we know? He could…be…you!” I reached out with my magic and grabbed a sword from under my bed. “B-back up.”

“Sir, please. You are being blinded by your fear, please, calm down.” The guard was ready to draw his sword before my world went dark.

“Luna, why did you do that?”

“It’s that or he is tried for murder, what would you suggest?”

“Something better than knocking him out with magic, you know that can be dangerous!”

“I think I know what I’m doing, I just couldn’t let him hurt the guard.”

I groaned out as I awoke in a cold sweat, I was quickly held down by magic. Around me stood Luna, Lightning, a few guards. “W-what happened?”

“Fear, is what happened little one,” Luna spoke. “I guess our…Friend isn’t dead. What did you hear?”

“I…I don’t know. I just remember…the glass breaking and going to my room, that’s it.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment