• Published 11th Aug 2017
  • 327 Views, 0 Comments

Morsidus Grim-Record: To Hell And Back - Asdera3485



Morsidus is human again and was banished to Tartarus! What does this mean for Equestria?

  • ...
 0
 327

The Situation

As soon as the spell was finished, everypony left in the library finally reopened their eyes. They stood there in disbelief.

"What just happened?" Twilight asked. As she looked to the others, she found they were just as confused as her. With no answer in sight she felt like they were with no hope of defeating the followers of Fang Wolf-Shadow.

"I believe I can answer that."

Everyone turned to the voice to see Luna standing in the front doorway. "My Uncle has taken Morsidus into the depths of Tartarus." She explained.

Everyone looked at her in shock. "But why Princess Luna?" Snowfire asked. Luna just looked to the ground in sadness.

"The details are lost to history but the story goes like this. Milennia ago, my mother, Queen Faust, had found a group of stranded humans in the area of what is now southern Vanhoover. She found them very hostile and determined them a threat to her creations."

As she let that hang in the air for a second, Twilight spoke up. "So she banished them and made sure that no more of their kind could set foot on Equiss again. But Princess Luna, you have seen him, Morsidus would never harm us and has proven time and again that he cares about our health and well-being."

Luna put a hoof to her chin in thought. "That is very true Twilight, but remember this. He was in pony form before, but now that he is once more human, he is affected by the old law. I'm afraid that as until he finds a way to change back or my uncle deems him safe to ponykind, he will remain in the depths of Tartarus."

As she said that, Zecora sat and started sobbing, with Snowfire rubbing her back. "It'll be ok Zecora. I'm sure he's trying to convince the creepy skeleton to let him free."

Luna chose that moment to to explain more. "I'm afraid it is not that simple. Morsidus must prove that he is harmless. Just saying that he is will fall on deaf albeit non-existent ears. Not even me or Celestia can get him to reconsider. Only he or my mother can let him free."

Zecora finally calmed down enough to speak. "So what sort of challenges must he face? Surely they must be rather simple tasks if the law is as old as you say."

Luna shook her head. "Again, it's not that simple. The challenges are different for each being. He will be put into a dream like state, where he must go on several quests, using only his knowledge and heart. He will be given an arsenal to choose from at the beginning of each sequence if it is deemed necessary."

"Other times, it could just be a quest of the mind. He will be put into situations that he has seen or done before. If he passes all of then without losing himself to the darkness in his heart, then he will be set free, and returned to us in the same shape as when he left ."

"If that's all, then he shouldn't have any problems, right?" Came another voice from the door. They all looked to see Elayas sitting there.

Luna was about to speak when a scroll appeared before her. She opened it and her eyes went sparked with recognition and she finished reading. "It seems Morsidus has started his trials. But after they are all said and done, he must go through one last trial. He must face that which plagues his mind and face the darkness in his heart. Only then can he return. My Uncle also states that he will try to return him to his pony form if he is to return. This is indeed good news. For now, we can only wait and hope that Fang's followers don't cause us trouble."

Author's Note:

And this here ends the second chapter. I know they're shirt butt I'm still planning stuff as i go along.
Please let me know of any errors.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment