• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 303 Views, 9 Comments

A Series of Chaotic Events: The Scary Start - Blitz Brigade



Three smart children have experienced a terrible loss, and now that they're orphaned, they must live with a terrible relative.

  • ...
 9
 303

Chapter One

Where, oh where, to begin?

Ah, yes, I know.

At the beginning of the tragic events that take place in the Royal's lives.

But we can't just leap into that without some proper introductions, can we?

Let's start with the eldest Royal, Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle was 14, smart, inventive, and very good with magic.

She was right hoofed, like most Unicorns her age.

Twilight used her magic to put in very small components into every one of her machines that she built, and building was something she did very frequently.

The middle Royal was named Rainbow Dash.

She was fast, loyal, and most of all, she loved to read.

Rainbow was around 13 years old, and reading was something she did almost as much as she raced against other Pegasi.

The youngest Royal child wasn't even a pony at all.

He was a dragon named Spike.

Spike was three years old, couldn't speak a single word, and loved burning things with his fiery breath.

It was a grey and gloomy July day, and the three Royal children were sent off to Spiny Swamp by their parents, which was strange enough as it was, but it was even stranger because their parents did not wish to come to come with.

"Twilight, why do you think our parents aren't coming with us? They love Spiny Swamp!" Rainbow Dash pondered out loud.

"I don't really know, Rainbow, but at least this'll give us time to work on my new invention!" Twilight said ecstatically.

"I guess, but still, don't think it's just a little weird?" Dash prodded.

"I suppose, but our parent's business is their business. Now come on, we must go. We are at our stop," Twilight said as the trolley they were riding rolled to a stop.

Twilight got out and levitated Spike with her magic as she waited for Rainbow Dash to exit the small train.

The rainbow maned Pegasus came out with a saddle bag full of Daring Do books.

"Did you have to bring the first ten?" Twilight asked impatiently.

"Well, that's as much as I could fit in my saddle bags, so, yes, yes I did," Dash said.

"Regardless, let's just go and find a spot so we can test this thing out!" Twilight said, emphasizing the picnic basket on her back.

"Alright, fine," Rainbow Dash said.

The three walked until they found the brightest spot in the gloomy swamp, and they sat down.

Twilight set down her picnic basket, then set down Spike as well.

"For my invention, we're going to need a small item of a sensible durability to use as a test subject for my prototype," Twilight stated matter-of-factly.

"Alrighty, Spike, you know what to do!" Rainbow said.

Spike crawled into Rainbow's back and the later took off flying through the swamp until they found a thin but strong tree.

With a swift flick of her hoof, Rainbow Dash split the tree in two.

"It's too big. Spike, you'll have to make it smaller, if you can," Dash asked Spike.

The young dragon nodded, opened his mouth, and breathed on the stick.

Green flames leaped from Spike's mouth, engulfing the stick in flames.

Spike suddenly stopped breathing fire, and the stick was no longer a stick.

It was now a small, cylindrical wooden block, perfect for Twilight's experiment.

"Awesome. Thanks, Spike," Rainbow Dash said, picking up the wooden block.

She gave the block to Twilight, who eagerly scooped it up, and then tossed it into the swamp.

"What the heck, Twilight?" Rainbow said confusedly.

"You'll see," Twilight said, taking something out of her basket.

She put the thing on her head, and it was revealed that the thing was a helmet.

It had an extension with a claw on the end for picking things up.

"I call it the 'Uni-Hand!' It's for ponies who don't have a good hoof-grip, and ones that don't have magic horns! The helmet has sensors built into it, so that way, all the pony has to do is think, and the hand will shoot out and grab whatever it is you want grabbed. Like, for instance, that block!" Twilight said.

In the blink of an eye, the hand shot out, extended about twenty feet, dove into the water, and pulled out the small block.

"Ahah! It works! It really works! I can't believe it!" Twilight exclaimed happily.

"That's just wonderful," a deep and foreboding voice said.

Foreboding is word which around here means "knowing when something fearful is about to happen.'

The three children looked over to the source of the voice, and found out it belonged to their parents' banker, Shining Armor.

He was a kind man, although he was quite dimwitted and almost always had a cold or the flu.

"Orphans, I have some terrible news purtaining to you," Shining Armor said.

"We aren't orphans," Rainbow Dash pointed out.

"Yes, well, you don't always get what you want," Armor replied.

"Anyways, your parents have perished in a terrible fire."

The orphans were shocked.

So shocked, in fact, that they didn't even say a word.

"Perished means died," Armor said.

"We know what perished means," Twilight said.

"Anyways, if you'll come with me to the bank, then we can get you shipped off to a new guardian," Armor said.

"I can't believe it," Rainbow said in Armors' chariot.

"Our parents; dead," said Twilight.

The rest of the ride to the bank was silent.

Author's Note:

Whooooo! I have been waiting forever to make this! It'll be short, very short, maybe four or five chapters, and each chapter will hopefully be at least 900 words. Thanks for the support.

Comments ( 6 )

Just look away.
bud um tsh

Before I read this, what is the Gore, Horror and Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

and is this jest a Ponify A Series of Unfortunate Events ?
Did you use this ?

8108005
It's horrificly dark, and people die. The gore is more of a death tag, just saying

8108505 Is it like the deaths in the movie ?

8108694
Most likely, yes. I'm actually quite excited for the second book I'm going to make for this series.

8116009
Thanks, and I will as soon as my first book is done!

Login or register to comment