• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 282 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight Dies for a Short Time - homicidal doktor



Death sucks, even if its temporary.

  • ...
 0
 282

I dunno, I was bored.

Twilight groaned as she stood up and opened her eyes. The first thing she registered was everything was a dark grey, confused, she look all around her and found the only difference of things around her was an occasional outline of some objects. From the outlines she saw she realized she was in her castle, the cutie map room to be precise. "wha- what happened?" she asked mostly to herself. The only answer was a strange echo. She looked at herself and found her hooves where a lighter gray then her surroundings, briefly thinking that she had somehow managed to make herself colorblind she called out "Starlight? Spike? Are you around here somewhere?" the only response she got was another unnatural echo.

"Hello?" She tried again, This time something answered her.

"I was wondering what would happen if an alicorn died." A soft voice said behind her. Twilight jumped and whirled around to find a stallion behind her, he was an eathpony from what she could tell. He was quite lanky, with a slight build. His skin was a pale grey, he had a nick in his right ear and messy dark hair. He wore a dark grey dress shirt with a long coat which covered his flank that was almost black. The features that stood out the most were on his face, his eyes where black with white dots in place of his pupils, the black seemed to run out of his eyes like some sort of ooze as well. He had a cut on his cheek which more black liquid ran out of, but the strangest feature was it looked like his throat was slit, leaking more of the black goo. She felt uneasy even standing close to him.

"Who are you? What is this place?" She asked cautiously backing away from him. He sighed lowering his head as he breathed in before he looked her in the eyes and replied in an almost bored tone.

"Does it truly matter? You'll be out of this state in a few hours, probably." Twilight tilted her head a bit at this answer.

"What do you mean? What happened to you?"

The stallion chuckled, "Your dead Princess, l am as well, but we can't pass on for different reasons." Twilight looked at the strange stallion.

" I'm, dead? How? I don't remember what happened." She said. The stallion looked at her, his eyebrow raising in confusion. He pointed to her chest,.

"You didn't notice that gaping hole in your chest?" she looked in surprise seeing a rather large vertical wound where her sternum should be. dripping black ooze like the pony in front of her. "Don't trust your student with an ax next time." he said with a smirk.

Twilight looked at him brimming with questions. "How do you know that my student killed me?" The stallion smiled and shrugged as he started to walk away.

"I watched it happen. She can swing hard with that magic of hers, bet she'd make a good lumberjack if need be."

Twilight stared at him as she tried to sort out her thoughts so she could ask him questions. "How did you watch her do it? What did you mean 'different reasons'? Why can't you pass on? Why can I go back?"

The stallion stopped for a moment. "Your body is mending itself as we speak princess, why try to figure out the magic behind it? Just be happy with the knowledge you can fully return to the land of the living." He said over his shoulder in a deadpan voice as he started walking away from her again. This time he started to hum to himself.

Twilight started to walk after the stallion, wanting to ask him more questions, and maybe find out more about the strange place they were currently residing in. But she was stopped by the feeling of something tugging at her. When she tried to fight it, it only grew stronger, then she felt herself being dragged by the seemingly random force.

"Ah, it appears our time together is about up Princess Sparkle, have a good life, we may or may not meet again." He calmly said over his shoulder. As she watched, everything around her started to melt into black. The stallion seemed to get smaller and smaller into the distance and then he started to disintegrate, starting at his hooves. Then Twilight as felt as if she was being dragged through the dark void, farther and farther from the stallion. She heard his soft voice starting to sing. "Pound your bones onto the table... Scratch your hooves across the world... Lecture us until we're sober..... And then we'll raise our glass and have one more!" Then the stallion completely disappeared from her vision. Swallowed by the black. Leaving her alone in complete darkness.

Twilight's eyes quickly fluttered open as she gasped for air. She felt wet, wet and cold. She slowly staggered to her feet and looked around, she found herself in a forest clearing with a small lake which she most likely had been dumped in, probably in starlight's frantic attempt to get rid of the body. She quickly looked at her chest, only finding a thin scar indicating what had just happened to her was real. Her mind still brimming with questions she may no get answers to without dying again, which she decided would probably would be a bad idea. Sighing, she quickly charged up her horn, casting a quick spell to dry herself off, and then teleported towards ponyville. There was some explanations to be had, and a pony that had to be banned from sharp objects for most likely the rest of her life. She decided she would try and find out about that stallion at a later time, but for now, she had to deal with Starlight.

As she walked towards her castle, she didn't see the stallion watching her. How could she? he was invisible to everyone unless he wanted to be seen. his dark cloak flowing in a non existing wind as he looked at her with a small smile as he softly sang. "Its time to live as if you're dead stop wasting all your breath....You gotta grab life by the balls and sing this to your death! So! Pound your bones onto the table! Scratch your hooves across the world! Lecture us until we're sober! Then we'll raise a glass and have one more!" Finally he turned away and vanished into the grey void he resided in, left with his thoughts hoping, he may meet another pony in a similar situation, someday.

Author's Note:

I've been listening to this song on repeat. help.

But yeah, first published fic yay! :twilightsheepish:

Don't expect much from me, I personally feel this kinda sucks but whatever. If you say different, comment below I guess. I may make a sequel, I dunno.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment