• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 466 Views, 6 Comments

An Interesting Saturday - RandomHumanBeging4112



It's Saturday and Twilight Sparkle is excited to have lunch with Timber Spruce! Except, they never established where they were going to eat. This sends Twilight on a wild goose chase to find Timber. This should be interesting...

  • ...
 6
 466

Wild Goose Chase

When Twilight Sparkle woke up that Saturday, she was excited to eat lunch with Timber Spruce.

Yawn "Good morning Spike!" Twilight said while stretching.

"Morning Twilight! Hey, don't you have a date or something today with that guy you met a the gala last Tuesday?" Spike asked.

"Oh yeah! Can you check my day planner and tell me when and where it is? And it is NOT a date!" Twilight said as she headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

"Ummm, Twilight? there isn't a place or time in here. Please tell me you two established where your going and a time!" Spike said, expecting the worst.

"Now that you mention it, no. We never actually established a place and time. How could I let this happen? I'm always so organized!"

"Maybe you were lost in his "beautiful" forest green eyes!" Spike said with a sly smirk on his face.

"Shut it! And how did you find out that I was thinking that I was thinking that?" Twilight asked angrily.

"Uh, you know you talk in your sleep, right?" Spike said.

"Like I said, shut it! And it's not like you don't talk about Rarity's sapphire eyes in your sleep!" Twilight shot back.

"Heh, point taken." Spike replied.


"Wakey-wakey eggs and cakey! You have a date with Princess Twilight, dear brother!"

"No no, that's on Saturday at uhh, what time is our date again, Glorriossa?" a sleepy voice asked his older sister.

"Timber, it is Saturday and you never told me the time or place of the date. Please tell me you actually decided a time and place!" Glorriossa said.

"Opps."

"Well, you need to get on over to her castle and plan the best date ever!" Glorriosa scolded her brother.

"Yeah, I need directions to her castle."

"How do you not know where her castle is?" Glorriosa asked as if Timber was an idiot.

"Well, you're the one who goes into Ponyville all the time."

"Point taken. Well, go into Ponyville and ask for directions ya dumbo!"

"Alright. What's the weather for today?"

"Look outside."

Timber got out of bed and looked outside.

"Snow?! How did I not notice the temperature?"

"I don't know, but you need to go over to her castle and go to lunch!"

"Okay, okay!" Timber said as he walked out the door.

"And, 3...2...1"

"AHHHHHHHHH! THAT'S COLD ON MY HOOVES! AHHHHHHHH!"

"And there it is."


"Bye Spike! Take care of the castle for me! I'll be back before sundown!" Twilight said as she ran out into the the snow.


Twilight decided to head over to Sugarcane Corner first. When she walked in, there was no sign of him. She walked up to Pinkie Pie at the front counter.

"Hey Pinkie! Have you seen an orange coated, green haired stallion anywhere?" Twilight asked.

"Nope! But if he pops in, I'll let you know! What's his name?" Pinkie asked.

"Timber Spruce. Thanks Pinkie!" Twilight said as she trotted out the door.

About five minutes later, Timber ran through the door. Pinkie noticed this of course and wanted to have a little bit of fun.

"Hey you! What's your name?!" Pinkie asked.

"Uhh, Timber Spruce , have you seen Princess Twilight anywhere?" Timber asked.

"Yes, actually, she was in here just five minutes ago, and I'm pretty sure that she was looking for you. She wanted me to let her know if I saw you."

"Okay, where did she go?"

"Ummm, I'm not sure, maybe you should go check her castle." Pinkie said.

"And I was just there! Oh well. For Twilight!" Timber yelled as he ran out the door.


Knock knock knock!

"What is it this time?" Spike muttered angrily.

He opened the the door to find a shivering Timber. Again.

"You again? What is it now?" Spike asked in an agitated voice.

"The lady at Sugarcube Corner told me that Twilight might've come back here. Is she here?" Timber asked.

"What did the "Lady at Sugarcube Corner" look like?" Spike asked.

"Pink. Very pink."

"Well, that's Pinkie Pie, the town comedian. She's gonna send you on a wild goose chase." Spike informed.

"And why is that?" Timber asked.

"Because she's Pinkie Pie, she loves a good joke, as long as everypony's laughing in the end."

"Well, I'm not laughing, and it's gonna be the end unless I find Twilight!"

"Good point, she'd be really disappointed if she never saw you again." Spike said with a sly smile. This was going to be fun.

"And why is that?" Timber asked.

"Oh, it's just that she'd really miss your "beautiful forest green eyes" and all." Spike said.

"Wait what?"

"Nothing. Now go back to Sugarcube Corner and tell Pinkie to make a pinkie promise. You'll find Twilight in no time! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my friend, Discord." Spike said.

"Did somepony, or, somedragon say my name?" a haunting voice asked as a mixed up figure appeared.

"Hey Discord, could you clear your calendar for today? We have some chaos to create!" Spike asked.

"Well, I was going to help Fluttershy plan our wedding, but if there's chaos involved, I'm in!" Discord said.

"Um, can I go?" Timber asked.

"Sure. Remember what I told you to tell Pinkie Pie!" Spike said as he closed the door in Timber's face.

"Here we go again!" Timber said as he walked back to Sugarcube Corner.


"So, Timber and Twilight are both looking for each other? This'll be fun." Discord said with a smirk.

He and Spike were sitting in the lounge by the fireplace discussing what to do to Timber and Twilight.

"Yes, it will be fun. Now, I need you to go find Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash and let them know that we need them for this." Spike said.

"Operation: Mistletoe is ago!" Discord said as he tried to walk out the door.

"Hold on, why is it called "Operation Mistletoe"? Spike asked.

"Well, I just thought that maybe we could call it that because I also thought that once we stop picking on the knuckleheads, we could bring them together in the town square and I could maybe put some mistletoe over them. I just thought because it is almost Hearth's warming and well, it is snowing." Discord explained.

"Good idea, I'll have to write that down. Now go tell Pinkie and Dash!"

"Alright! Let's do this!" Discord said as he teleported out of the castle.

Just then, Twilight walked in and sat down by the fireplace.

"Hey Twilight, what are you doing back here?" Spike asked nervously.

"I went to every restaurant and snack cart in town! No sign of Timber!" Twilight said.

"Well, maybe you should check again! I mean, he might've just slept in, or something. Hey, maybe he's out looking for you!" Spike suggested, trying desperately to save Operation: Mistletoe.

"Okay, I'll go back out there. BUT, I am not going to be out past dark." Twilight said.

"Okay, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are gonna be here any minute now, so scoot!" Spike said as he pushed Twilight out the door.


"Got it!"Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash said in unison.

"Good. Now, before we continue with Operation: Mistletoe, we need somepony to go buy some mistletoe, any volunteers?" Spike asked.

"Ahem."

"Yes Discord?"

"Are you forgetting that I can provide the mistletoe?"

"Good point. Now, remember, follow Twilight and Timber around and keep them apart until sunset when we bring them to the town square, got it?" Spike explained.

"Got it!" Everypony said in unison.

"Okay, I'll distract Twilight with Hearthswarming shopping in the square for a good 2 hours, we have 4 hours until sunset, so we should come up with a better timed plan." Spike said.

"Okay. Need somepony to keep watch and make sure Twilight doesn't come back, Rainbow?" Discord asked.

"Sure. Discord, you follow Timber around and do whatever you can to keep Timber in town!" Rainbow ordered.

"Got it! Pinkie, since you have to work today, you need to prepare some hot chocolate and cookies just before sunset to attract both of them at different times, okay?" Discord asked.

"Okey-dokey-lokey!" Pinkie said.

"1 2 3 GO!" Discord yelled.

And off they went.


"Oh, hey Spike, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked when she saw Spike in the square.

"Oh, well I just thought that since Starlight is back at her old place for the holidays, that maybe we could go Hearthswarming shopping together, like old times!" Spike said.

"You know what? Let's do it, I could use a distraction for a little bit!" Twilight said.

"Yay! Oooh, Sugarcube Corner has s'mores! Can we please get some?" Spike asked.

"Okay, let's go!" Twilight said excitedly.


"Hello, are you Timber Spruce?" Discord asked, startling Timber.

"Yes! Who are you-ahh!" Timber almost asked, startled by the sudden talking creature behind him.

"Well, since you asked, I'm Discord, the guy who was talking to Spike earlier, did you ever talk to Pinkie Pie?" Discord asked.

"No, actually, when I got there, she was nowhere in sight!"

"Well then, let' go there right now!" Discord said.

"Okay."


When Sugarcube Corner came into sight, Discord noticed Twilight and Spike walking out. Discord knew that he had to do something about this.

"Hey Timber, look! A falling tree!" Discord said while desperately trying to get Spike's attention.

Thankfully, Spike saw Discord and quickly pulled Twilight to the decorations store.

"I don't see any falling tree. Wait. Were you making fun of my name?" Timber asked.

"No! I would never do such a thing! Now, let us go to Sugarcube Corner!" Discord said while stifling a laugh.

When they got there, Pinkie was in the back, making the cookies.

"Hello there, Mrs. Cake, is Pinkie Pie here?" Discord asked.

"Why yes, she's in the back making cookies, would you like me to go and get her?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"That would be wonderful!"

"Pinkie! Discord and, somepony else want to talk to you!" Mrs. Cake called.

Pinkie came out of the kitchen looking frazzled.

"Hey Pinkie, you're looking rather frazzled." Discord said.

"Don't ask. Oh hey, Timber, Twilight was just in here about five minutes ago, I think she might've gone to Sweet Apple Acres for some cider. You might wanna check over there!" Pinkie said.

"Okay, let's go Discord!" Timber said as he dragged Discord out the door.

When they git to Sweet Apple Acres, it was packed with ponies laughing and sipping cider and just having a good time.

"Hello, Applejack! Is Twilight here?" Discord asked.

"Nope, but ah think ah did see her at going to the decorations store as ah was advertising for the annual Sweet Apple Acres family Hearthswarming festival."

"Okay, let's go!" Timber said as he dragged Discord to the decorations store.

About ten minutes later, Twilight and Spike walked in for some cider.

"Howdy Twi, Spike. Some stallion and Discord were in here looking for you about ten minutes ago, ah told 'em to go over to the decorations store, you might wanna go back there and talk to 'em." Applejack informed.

"Okay, but can we have some cider first?" Twilight asked.


The same thing kept on happening throughout the day: Timber and Discord would be mislead by Pinkie, Dash, or even Discord, and go to different places with Twilight and Spike just narrowly missing them. By the time sunset had come, both of them were sick of walking all over Ponyville. Twilight had to send a "tired" Spike home to "sleep" while Discord had some "business" to take care of. Again, at their last stop for hot chocolate and cookies at Sugarcube Corner, they both just missed each other. They both decided to go sit down in Ponyville Square to eat their cookies and drink their hot cocoa.

"Ahhh hot chocolate is nice after chasing somepony around all day." Timber said while sipping his drink.

"I know right? I was doing the exact same thing all day, I had a totally un-planned date! How could that happen? I always plan things very well!" Twilight ranted.

"That's funny, I had a totally un-planned date today with Princess Twilight, who was your date with?" Timber asked.

"Timber?"

"Yes, how do you know my name?"

"It's me! Twilight!"

"Wait what?"

Twilight got up and walked over to his bench and stood in front of him.

"Like I said, it's me, Twilight, is this enough or do I need to go get my birth certificate?"

"No, no that's fine. I believe you."

"Good, now how come we never planned anything?" Twilight asked.

"Well, maybe it was because you were lost in my "beautiful forest green eyes" or something." Timber said with a smirk.

"Who told you?" Twilight asked.

"Spike."

"SPIIIIIIKE!!!!" Twilight said with a very red face.

"Whoa there, save the revenge for later!"

"Okay, 3,2,1, lower the mistletoe!" Spike whispered from the bushes.

Discord lowered the mistletoe to the point where it was just above their heads. Both of them looked up and immediately blushed.

"JUST KISS ALREADY!" Spike yelled from the bushes.

"You heard the dragon!" Timber said as he pulled Twilight in for a kiss.

This, of course, surprised Twilight, but in a good way. She was happy about how the day had turned out.

"So, how was that?" Timber asked after he pulled away.

"Pretty good." Twilight said.

"Awww, but I thought I was better than that!" Timber whined playfully.

"Don't worry, you'll have many more chances!"

"I like what you're saying, and here's my second chance!" Timber said, pulling Twilight in for anther kiss.

Although Twilight was angry with Spike and whoever else was involved, she also wanted to thank them, because without them, the day might not have ended like this. Twilight was eternally thankful for that. And so was Timber.(Of course)

Author's Note:

And there's that! This story and the prequel are the star of my new alternate storyline! And this wasn't meant to be a Christmas special or anything. I was just in the spirit! Anywho, I hope you liked my story!:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 4 )

7699061 Great! There will be one more coming soon...

By "Timber", you mean the Timber from Equestria Girls: The Legend of Everfree, right?

7699262 Yes, I'm sorry if that wasn't very clear.

Argh! I just read through this and saw all of the mistakes! And I can't edit because I'm on my iPod!:twilightangry2:

Login or register to comment