• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 692 Views, 6 Comments

Not my world. - Zebrapenz1276



Featherflint awakens in a strange world, surrounded by the storybook creatures named humans.

  • ...
 6
 692

Chapter 3

(I’m so sorry! I’ve been seriously busy all summer, and it’s been a long time since I’ve updated. Thank you all for reading. Enjoy!)

“So where are we going?” Featherflint asked in a cautious voice. By the time she had woken up, it was past lunchtime. Amy had insisted on her wearing sunglasses for whatever reason, even though it was rather cloudy outside. When the duo left the apartment, Amy had been nervous, but for what reason?

“To get lunch, since we missed breakfast. I don’t want my special guest to starve.” She winked at Featherflint, in hopes to comfort her, but she really felt like she was trying to comfort herself. Amy hadn’t the slightest clue what to do with a woman with wings. What would happen to the both of them when more people find out? The video had already been all around the internet. She paused her thinking, remembering reading a book somewhat like her situation. She shook her head, and watched the sidewalk.

They approached a colorful and interestingly shaped building. Amy held the door for Featherflint, gesturing for her to go inside. Featherflint did so looking around in wonder.

And boy, did it smell good.

Amy ordered, picking what she thought Featherflint would like best. The mare’s mouth watered at the smell, and as soon as they sat down in a booth, she sank her teeth into her meal.
“Wow, what is this? What’s it made of?”
Amy laughed. “It’s called a hamburger. And it’s made out of cow’s meat. You act like you haven’t ever seen on-“
“W-WHAT?!” Featherflint looked frantic, and she almost extended her wings in surprise. She dropped the burger, looking horrified with herself. “I’m eating a cow? How could you?” People stared at the two in confusion. Amy coughed, her face flustered.
“Um, how about we get a salad for you and go?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at Amy’s apartment Featherflint seemed fascinated with the computer. She seemed to enjoy clicking the mouse. “Look, Amy! I’ve been selected for a free giveaway of an Ipad!”
“Nonono, don’t click that.”
*Knock *
Amy paused. “I’ll be right back. Don’t do anything stupid.” Before she could ask anything, the Tennessee girl rushed to the door.


“Hello, Miss Vinson. We require to speak with you, as well as your friend.”
4 people stood at the door. A man in a labcoat (A scientist, most likely), The one who has spoken to her wore a business suit, and two of them were police officers. Amy gulped, getting a bad feeling about this ‘meeting’.
The group let themselves into her apartment, walking past the former mare on the computer, and into her living room. The scientist and man in the business suit plopped down on the couch like it was their own home, earning them rather annoyed looks from Amy. One officer stood at the door, the other beside the couch.
“Hey Feather, Come here for a second.”
“Just a minute, I’m almost done!” Featherflint called back.
They all sat in silence, until she walked in the room, looking awkwardly at the people, and went to stand with Amy.

The guy in the suit smiled. “Now. Ms. Vinson. We are your friends! You can tell us the truth.Your friend has wings. True, or not?”

___________________________________________________


Sorry it’s so short! It’s been really hard for me to get on the computer, and now that school is coming up, I don’t know how often I’ll be updating at all. Hopefully I can finish it soon. Thanks for reading.

Comments ( 1 )

blast you cliffhanger cant wait for the next

Login or register to comment