• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,261 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,261

PreviousChapters Next
Enter: Team Skull Crush!

Silver awoke the next morning exhausted, but ready to start the day. He got dressed quickly as he could and grabbed his Deck; loading it into the custom deck box clipped onto his belt. After he was properly ready he left his room and headed out to meet the others. When Silver entered the main foyer, he saw that all the others were already prepared for the day and were waiting for him.

“Finally! We've been waiting for you, Silver,” Rainbow Dash said, with a minor twinge of annoyance.

“We sure have. What took you so long, anyway?” Lightning said impatiently.

“I was up a little late thinking of possible team names,” Silver replied.

The group of three spent some time going through the listed names Silver had concocted -- Lyra and Lightning suggested some of their own along the way as well -- until they zeroed in on the last few they all liked.

“... and finally: Team Silver Wing,” Silver said as he reached the last name on his list. “All in favor?”

Lyra and Lightning nodded their heads in agreement -- and so Team Silver Wing was officially born. With the name out of the way, the next step in their branding session was the team logo. It was agreed that it needed to be something easily recognizable... and also cool. Silver elected to give each of them some time to come up with their designs.

Lyra’s idea involved drawing her signature lyre, but with wings on it. Silver and Lightning disagreed with her design, feeling it failed to capture what the team was really about.

Lightning drew a thunderbolt, also with wings, but Silver and Lyra prompted her to scrap that idea since it seemed similar to a familiar logo that they were sure they couldn’t get away with.

While Silver, Lyra, and Lightning debated their team logo’s final design, a slightly bored Rarity accidentally knocked over Silver’s family crest. When Silver saw it land right on top of Lyra and Lightning’s fallen drawings, Silver had a flash of an idea. He quickly drew a rough sketch of the design that had appeared in his mind... after he had placed the crest back where it was, that is. Silver showed the sketch to both Lyra and Lightning -- who both gave it their sign of approval.

Silver commissioned Rarity to work on their outfits for the Grand Prix, as he knew she’d be able to make something great for them. Silver informed her that they needed their logo to be sown on their outfits somewhere visible if they were to be permitted to enter the competition.

Silver showed Rarity to his mom’s old sewing room -- and Rarity was in absolute heaven after seeing all kinds of gemstones and fabric imported from different countries and the finest materials money could buy, all within her reach.

Silver left the logo design with Rarity for reference while Silver, Lyra, Lightning, and Rainbow all left for the Runner Supply Shop to collect the parts they needed to upgrade Team Silver Wing’s Runners.


A few hours later Silver, Lyra, Lightning, and Rainbow were busy loading Silver’s trunk with the parts they had bought when they heard an explosion across the street, most likely from the nearby parking lot.

Silver and Rainbow went on ahead to see what had happened when they saw two shifty-looking thugs picking on a defenseless girl with light grayish skin, blue eyes, dual-toned scarlet, and crimson hair topped with an equally crimson bow.

“Give us your two rarest cards -- or else!” One of the thugs said as he pulled out the gun concealed on his person.

The other thug echoed the thoughts of the first, while also pulling out his weapon. Rainbow was just about ready to charge in and fight them head-on, but Silver grabbed her by the arm, warning her that if she ran in there recklessly -- she could end up being the one whose life was in danger instead.

Rainbow managed to cool down long enough to listen to Silver’s plan. Silver knew that he and Rainbow could not directly engage an armed opponent, so they decided to improvise a little. The thugs were just about ready to pull the trigger when two cards -- thrown almost like shuriken, for all intents and purposes -- knocked the guns right out of their hands and sent the bullets high into the sky.

“Who in the bloody Tartarus do you two think you are? Picking on a helpless woman like that!?” Silver shouted angrily as he retrieved his thrown card.

“Us? We are a part of Team Skull Crush. Maybe you’ve heard of us? The names are Oil Slick and Gutrot,” Oil said as he moved to retrieve his dropped gun, alongside his partner Gutrot.

Silver, noticing their movements, kicked the discarded weapons and sent them sliding into the sewers where no one could find them -- not that it would matter, as the sludge would render them utterly useless.

“Hm… Rainbow Dash, what should we do now that the big bad guns are gone?” Silver asked his friend sarcastically.

“I’ll tell you what we should do: we should give them the boot!” Rainbow said as she collected her fallen card.

“In just a second.” Silver ran over to the girl that had until recently been held at gunpoint and pulled her to her feet with a hefty grunt. “Are you OK, Ms...?” Silver asked, hoping the girl would pick up what he was putting down.

“Oh! It’s, uh, A-Angel Wings,” the girl replied shakily, introducing herself.

“Well; Angel Wings, you might want to get behind us -- ‘cause we are about to teach these thugs a thing or two about justice!” Silver said as he pulled out his Duel Disk and snapped it on. Rainbow followed his lead and retrieved hers as well. The two thugs shared a glance -- likely wondering if it was worth it -- but agreed to their challenge.

Silver explained the rules of this particular Tag Duel as such: both players on one side share a field and a Graveyard. Each player has 4000 Life Points, but if just one player on either side has their points reduced to 0, then both players on that side lose.

The thugs agreed to the conditions, with the addition of the “ante rule”: where both sides put one of their rarest or most powerful cards up for grabs. Lyra and Lightning arrived just in time to watch the duel alongside Angel Wings.

DUEL
Silver Chance LP: 4000
Rainbow Dash LP: 4000
Oil Slick LP: 4000
Gutrot LP: 4000

“I’ll start things off!” Rainbow declared as everyone drew their opening hands. “First; I activate the Field Spell U.A. Stadium!” The empty lot around the four Duelists was gradually replaced by a futuristic-looking stadium -- complete with empty stands for Lyra, Lightning, and Angel Wings to sit in and spectate the Duel from.

“Next; I Normal Summon my U.A. Midfielder.” A soccer player clad in orange and green cybernetic armor arose from the card kicking around a ball made from electricity. He stopped his showboating and planted his foot on it, glaring at his opponents all the while.

U.A. Midfielder
LV: 4
ATK: 1200

“My Stadium’s effect now activates! Since I Normal Summoned a ‘U.A.’ monster, I can add another one from my Deck to my hand; so I’ll choose U.A. Dreadnought Dunker!” The stadium sent data to the jumbotron, displaying Dreadnought Dunker’s stats before Rainbow placed the card in her hand. “Next; I return my Midfielder to my Hand to Special Summon the U.A. Dreadnought Dunker I just got from my Deck!” Midfielder turned and left the field, tagged in by a basketball player in a blue and orange jersey with a silver chest plate.

U.A. Dreadnought Dunker
LV: 7
ATK: 2500 + 500 = 3000

“One more thing you should know about my Stadium; if I Special Summon a ‘U.A.’ monster, all of the monsters I control gain 500 extra Attack points!” The floor of the stadium lit up brightly as electrical currents flowed towards Dreadnought Dunker beneath the surface.

“With all that out of the way, I end my turn with two Set cards,” Rainbow said as two face-down cards appeared behind Dreadnought Dunker on her field.

“My turn now, kid! I draw!” Oil said as he drew his sixth card. “First; I Normal Summon Hook the Hidden Knight.” A fiendish-looking knight with hooks in place of both its hands in addition to two more hooks attached to its feet rose out of the shadows from within Oil’s field.

Hook the Hidden Knight
LV: 4
ATK: 1600

“That should do it for now. I play one card face-down and end my turn!” Oil said as a Set card appeared behind his knight.

Angel Wings shrunk back in her seat at the sight of the new card. “That's the monster that did me in...” she said, her voice dripping with fear.

“Relax, Angel. Silver will do something about it,” Lyra assured her, putting an arm around the rattled girl. “He’s good at this.”

“Must have a good effect if you’re so confident in those mediocre stats. It’s my turn now; so I draw,” Silver said as he drew his sixth card. “For my first move: I activate the Spell One for One! By discarding my Glow-Up Bulb from my Hand, I can Special Summon my Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman from my Deck in Attack Mode!”

Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman
LV: 1
ATK: 400

“Now that it’s on the field, I tribute my Whelp with its effect to Special Summon Buster Blader from my Hand!” A swordsman clad in cobalt armor wielding a mighty buster sword stood tall and confident, ready to slice up any opponent in his way.

Buster Blader
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“I’ll also Set one card face-down, and end my turn there,” Silver said as a face-down of his own appeared behind his swordsman.

“Saving the best for last! It’s finally my turn; so I draw!” Gutrot said as he drew his sixth card. “First; I activate the Continuous Spell Predaponics! Once per turn; I can use this card’s effect to Special Summon a level four or lower ‘Predaplant’ monster from my Hand or my Graveyard. With it, I’ll Special Summon Predaplant Flytrap! A flytrap-like plant began to grow and then snapped its mouth like it just captured its prey.

Predaplant Flytrap
LV: 2
ATK: 400

Next; I’ll be Normal Summoning my Predaplant Moray Nepenthes! Another flytrap-like monster began to grow only this time it was blue with two heads and blood around the mouth of both heads.

Predaplant Moray Nepenthes
LV: 4
ATK: 1600

Now that I have two non-Token DARK-Attribute monsters on the field, I activate the Spell Polymerization! By fusing my Predaplant Flytrap and my Predaplant Moray Nepenthes, I can call forth an incredible power!” Inside the vortex swirled two flytrap-esque Plant-type monsters, one with a single head and the other with two.

“Two beautiful flowers with an insect-alluring fragrance; become one! From the hell that burns beneath your petals, gives birth to another awe-inspiring terror! Fusion Summon! Appear, the poisonous dragon with hungering fangs! Level 8! - Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!” An almost plant-like dragon with red orbs covered poisonous fangs and barbs arose with a terrible roar as it landed on the field.

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2800

“With that, I end my turn,” Gutrot said as his dragon -- true to its name -- looked mighty hungry, salivating at the sight of the two fresh meals on the other side of the field.

“Eugh. That thing is beyond creepy! It’s come back to my turn; so I’ll draw!” Rainbow said as she drew a third card. “Like before, I’ll Normal Summon U.A. Midfielder.” The same soccer player from earlier came back on to the Stadium floor, ready for a repeat performance.

U.A. Midfielder
LV: 4
ATK: 1200

“Speaking of things I did before, I’ll use my Stadium’s effect again! This time I’ll be adding U.A Left Wingman to my Hand.” As it had with Dunker, the jumbotron displayed the information regarding the new monster Rainbow added to her Hand on its screen.

“Next; by returning Midfielder to my Hand, I can Special Summon my shiny new Left Wingman!” A hockey player clad in light blue armor wielding a curved stick of the same color skated onto rainbow’s field, clapping hands with Midfielder as it returned to the “bench.”

U.A. Left Wingman
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“When my Left Wingman is Normal or Special Summoned, I can Special Summon U.A. Right Wingman from my Hand or Deck straight to the field. Come on out, Right Wingman!” Another hockey player with the same blue armor -- but holding a red hockey stick instead of the matching color -- skated on up next to his partner. The two hit an electrically charged puck back and forth as if they didn’t have a care in the world.

U.A. Right Wingman
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“Get this: when I have both Left and Right Wingman on my side of the field, you can't target any of my monsters for attacks!” Rainbow said, confident she had already won due to her monsters’ soft lock combination. “Battle! Left Wingman; attack Hook the Hidden Knight!” Left Wingman skated forward while lightly hitting a puck in a sort of dribbling fashion; and then when in a suitable position, slammed it with enough force to turn it into a lightning-quick projectile.

Oil Slick wasn’t about to let Rainbow destroy his monster without a fight. “I activate Hook the Hidden Knight’s effect! When it is targeted for an attack, both of our monsters switch to Defense Mode, and you take 800 points of damage!” Both Hook and Left wingman switched battle positions and Rainbow got zapped by Hook.

U.A. Left Wingman
LV: 7
DEF: 1600

Hook the Hidden Knight
LV: 4
DEF: 0

Silver Chance LP: 4000
Rainbow Dash LP: 3200
Oil Slick LP: 4000
Gutrot LP: 4000

“Now that your Knight has used its effect time for my Right Wingman to get rid of it. Right Wingman repeated the same steps as his partner and this time managed to nail Hook and destroy him.

“ Now it's time to summon something more powerful I activate the Trap Wonder Xyz this trap lets me Xyz Summon during the Battle Phase so I will Overlay my Left and Right Wingman to build the Overlay Network. Both Left and Right Wingman turned into streams of orange energy that entered a galaxy like portal and exploded.

“Oh, supreme playmaker that guides his team to victory, and never abandons them -- lead us all to victory! Xyz Summon! Appear, Rank 7: U.A. Ultimate Coach!” A man in blue and white armor wearing a headset, whistle, and a blue and white shirt checked a clipboard in his hand -- his “roster” -- and took his battle position.

U.A. Ultimate Coach
RANK: 7
ATK: 3300
UNITS: 2

“When U.A. Ultimate Coach is successfully Xyz Summoned: all other effects on the field are negated until the End Phase of this turn! Ultimate Coach blew his whistle thus shutting everything else down

“ Now to continue my battle phase Ultimate Coach attacks Starving Venom. Ultimate Coach charged furiously at Starving Venom only for Gutrot to smile.

“ Go ahead because as soon as my dragon is destroyed all Special Summoned monsters on the field are also destroyed. Gutrot was sure his plan was going to work until Rainbow countered.

“ I knew someone like you would try something like this so during the damage step I activate the Continuous Trap U.A Penalty Box When one of my U.A Monsters attacks one of yours I can banish your monster for two turns. A referee appeared and blew his whistle before cramming Starving Venom into a penalty box on the sidelines.

“ Since your monster left the field it triggered a replay Ultimate Coach attack Gutrot Directly. Ultimate Coach charged at Gutrot and sent him flying a few inches.

Silver LP: 4000
Rainbow LP: 4000
Oil LP: 4000
Gutrot LP: 700

“Dreadnought Dunker, attack Gutrot for game!” Dreadnought Dunker began dribbling the ball like crazy before shooting a Hail Mary from half court that was sure to hit its mark.

“Not so fast, kid! By discarding my Battle Magnet from my Hand, your attack is redirected to me,” Oil said as he placed a card from his Hand into his Graveyard. A fiend with a giant magnet attached to his back attracted the ball towards him before vanishing into the Graveyard in a haze. The rebounded ball hit Oil right in the face, causing him to lose his footing and stagger.

Silver LP: 4000
Rainbow LP: 4000
Oil LP: 1000
Gutrot LP: 700

“I end my turn,” Rainbow Dash said, disappointed that her attack had failed to end the game.

“Back to me; I draw!” Oil said as he drew his fourth card. “I Summon my Chain the Hidden Knight.” A fiendish looking knight with chains built into his arms climbed out of the shadows and took its position.

Chain the Hidden Knight
LV: 4
ATK: 1700

“When I Normal Summon my Chain Knight, I can Special Summon one level four or lower monster from my Graveyard -- so I’ll bring back my Battle Magnet.” Chain the Hidden Knight threw his chains into the ground and pulled the other fallen fiend out of the grave by his magnet.

Battle Magnet
LV: 4
ATK: 800

“Next; now that I have two monsters, I Overlay both my Chain and Magnet.” Chain the Hidden Knight and Battle Magnet turned into streams of purple energy and entered an Xyz portal which exploded as per usual.

“Formed from pitch-black darkness, to fight those foolish enough to oppose it with its treacherous fangs! Now, descend! Xyz Summon! Appear! Rank 4! Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!". A black dragon with metal armor covering parts of its body, gleaming yellow eyes, and purple glassy-looking orbs positioned near its wings roared and took its position in front of Oil Slick.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
RANK: 4
ATK: 2500
UNITS: 2

I was hoping you would do that because now I can Activate the Quick Play Spell Destruction Swordsman Fusion this allows me to Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster that lists Buster Blader as material using monsters on either side of the field so I fuse my Blader with your Dark Rebellion. Both Buster Blader and Dark Rebellion were absorbed into a portal and spun around.

“Mighty Dragon of darkness and vengeance combine with the hero that slays all evil that stands before it and forms a stronger blade! Fusion Summon! Rise! Level 8! Buster Blader the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman!

Buster Blader the Dragon Destroyer took his position on the field and stabbed his sword into the ground.

Buster Blader the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman
LV:8
ATK:2800 + 1000 = 3800

“ As if that will stop me I activate the Equip Spell Xyz Revival this brings my Dragon back in Attack Mode and equips it with this card. Dark Rebellion returned only for Silver to Smile.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
RANK: 4
ATK: 2500
UNITS: 0

“ Too bad that won't help you because while Dragon Destroyer is face-up on the field all Dragon-Type monsters you control are forced into Defense mode and before you ask my Swordsman can do Piercing Damage. A wave of power suddenly hit Dark Rebellion and forced it to hide behind its wings.

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
RANK: 4
DEF: 2000
UNITS: 0

“ I end my turn with one card face-down,” Oil said with a hint of rage.

“My turn! I draw,” Silver said as he drew his third card. “I’ll send the top card of my Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon Glow-up Bulb from my Graveyard with its effect.” A bulb with one eyeball and a white flower bloomed onto the field.

Glow-Up Bulb
LV: 1
DEF: 100

“Now I’ll tune my level one Glow-up Bulb with Rainbow’s level seven Dreadnought Dunker!” Glow-up Bulb transformed into a star, then into a single green ring that encircled Dreadnought Dunker, enveloping him in a column of light.

LV7 + LV1 = LV8

“ mighty soul of the king! Rise from the depths of Hades and burn all who stand before me to ash! Synchro Summon! Incinerate, Level 8! Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend!” Silver’s signature demonic, fiery dragon reared its head and loosed a mighty roar as it prepared itself for combat.

Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
LV: 8
ATK: 3000

“Battle! Buster Blader the Dragon Destroyer, attack Dark Rebellion with your Dragon Soul Slash!” Buster Blader ran at incredible speed, dragging his sword across the ground behind him, and then jumped high into the sky. A flash of light shone through his sword that resembled a mystical blue dragon and was about to hit until Oil reacted.

“ I activate the Trap Half Unbreak this not only protects my dragon from destruction in battle but it also cuts the damage in half. A bubble appeared around Dark Rebellion and cushioned the blast enough for Oil to stay in the duel.

Silver LP: 4000
Rainbow LP: 1500
Oil LP: 100
Gutrot LP: 700

“That won’t help you. I enter Main Phase Two and activate Scarlight’s effect! He destroys all Special Summoned monsters with an ATK value equal to or less than his own, and inflicts 500 points of damage to you for each monster destroyed.” Scarlight pounded the ground with his left hand and caused a pillar of magma to erupt around Dark Rebellion and destroy it and then burn Oil and Gutrot in the process.

Silver Chance LP: 4000
Rainbow Dash LP: 1500
Oil Slick LP: 0
Gutrot: 200
Winners: Silver Chance & Rainbow Dash

Oil and Gutrot turned back to run away, but Silver and Rainbow caught them before they could get too far. Starving Venom and Dark Rebellion were claimed as their collective reward for beating the two thugs since both sides had agreed to the ante rule. Rainbow told Silver he could keep both cards since neither of them worked well with her Deck. Angel Wings approached Silver and thanked him -- and Rainbow -- for saving her life.

“Um... I just wanted you to know that you are my new favorite Duelist in the world! And... y-you can bet on my support for the W.R.G.P,” Angel Wings said timidly.

With the situation resolved; Silver, Lyra, Lightning, and Rainbow took the car back to Silver’s mansion to check in on Rarity and their tournament outfits. After they returned, the group of four unloaded all the parts into the workshop for later use. With that done, they decided to see exactly how far along Rarity was with their riding suits.

Once in the sewing room, Rarity showed them her work -- and they were very impressed with it, as was expected. Lyra’s suit was a solid white, with mint green highlights and a mint green skirt sewn to the outside. Lightning’s was black with orange highlights, but this one was more tomboyish and thus lacked the skirt attachment. Silver’s, as per his request, was modeled somewhat after the suit of one of the greatest Turbo Duelists in the world: Jack Atlas. Only his new suit was in light blue instead of Jack’s traditional white.

Each suit had the freshly-crafted Silver Wing logo stitched onto the upper right of their suits’ chest areas so the officials would recognize them as legitimate participants in the tournament. With everything all set for the W.R.G.P; Team Silver Wing began working on upgrading their Runners while Rarity and Rainbow bade them farewell and returned home.


Meanwhile; near a suspicious building: a defeated Oil Slick and Gutrot stumbled their way inside, hoping they remained unseen. They entered an elevator and hit a small button hidden behind the emergency phone, traveling to a secret basement level twice the size of the actual building. In this wide space was a track for practicing Turbo Dueling, a garage area, and a kitchen area -- but what was more interesting than even the facilities was the person in the back Oil and Gutrot approached and began talking to.

“... and then they just straight-up stole our rarest cards! Out of nowhere!” Oil said, motioning wildly as he finished “recounting” his day to the mysterious figure.

“So... Silver Chance is competing as well. Looks like we’ll soon see how he deals with our new powers,” the gang’s leader said darkly as he casually threw the knife in his hand at a tattered picture of Silver hung up on the wall.

“Yes; we will, Keith,” Gutrot said as he retrieved Keith’s knife, tossing it back to his leader.

Keith caught the blade out of the air and glared at the photo in disgust. “It’s payback time for knocking me out of the Canterlot Grand Prix, Chance,” Keith practically hissed as he adjusted his bandana.

Author's Note:

card info:

U.A. Left Wingman

Level 7

ATK/2600 DEF/1600

EARTH Warrior/Effect Monster

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by returning 1 "U.A." monster you control to the hand, except "U.A. Left Wingman". You can only Special Summon "U.A. Left Wingman" once per turn this way. When this card is Summoned: you can Special Summon “U.A. Right Wingman” from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field: your opponent can only attack this card.


U.A. Right Wingman

Level 7

ATK/2600 DEF/1600

EARTH Warrior/Effect Monster

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by returning 1 "U.A." monster you control to the hand, except "U.A. Right Wingman". You can only Special Summon "U.A. Right Wingman" once per turn this way. When this card is Summoned: you can Special Summon “U.A. Left Wingman” from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field: your opponent can only attack this card.


U.A Ultimate Coach

Rank 7

ATK/3300 DEF/2600

EARTH Warrior/Xyz/Effect Monster

When this card is successfully Xyz Summoned: negate the effects of all face-up cards on the opponent's side of the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 “U.A.” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.


Battle Magnet

Level 4

ATK/800 DEF/800

DARK Fiend/Effect Monster

When your opponent declares an attack: you can discard this card to change it to a direct attack. After damage calculation, end the Battle Phase.


Chain the Hidden Knight

Level 4

ATK/1700 DEF/0

DARK Fiend/Effect Monster

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower monster from your GY in Attack Position.


here is a little early Christmas present for those of you still reading. and yes the the leader of the elusive Team Skullcrush I was talking about is none other than Bandit Keith because who else cheats so much in the yugioh universe.

PreviousChapters Next