• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,260 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,260

Chapters Next
Aim for the W.R.G.P.!

It was a nice, sunny Saturday for Silver Chance. It was just him and his friend Lyra Heartstrings practicing for the U.S. Grand Prix: a tournament where all of the greatest Turbo Duelists from around the country would duke it out for the title of “number one team in the U.S.” and a chance to represent America in the WRGP.

Silver had been brimming with barely contained excitement since another friend of his, Sunset Shimmer, had told him all about it during lunch the previous day.


Silver and Lyra were locked in the midst of a practice duel when the Mane Seven came to their table to spectate. Silver had his Clear Wing Synchro Dragon on his field squared up against Lyra’s own Bloom Diva the Melodious Choir. Lyra ordered her Bloom Diva to attack Clear Wing but Silver used his monster’s special ability -- coined “Dichroic Mirror” -- to negate Diva’s own effect and destroy it.

On the next turn, Silver had his monster perform a counterattack, wiping out the remainder of Lyra’s Life Points. The Mane Seven were very impressed with Silver's performance; especially Sunset Shimmer.

“That was an amazing finish, Silver. Have you ever thought about entering the U.S. Grand Prix?” Sunset asked, remembering Silver's new Duel Runner.

“You mean that big Turbo Duel tournament? I have thought about it, actually... but doesn’t the registration process require you to have a team of three Duelists to enter?” Silver replied.

“It does -- but the first leg of the tournament isn’t for another two months, so you have plenty of time to put a team together if you’re worried about that,” Sunset answered, reliving some of Silver's worries.

“First leg?” Silver asked; trying to get a better understanding as to what Sunset meant.

“There are four different locations across the country, which means there are technically four different tournaments, and you must win the first one to qualify for the next -- so on and so forth." Sunset paused for a moment before adding, "One more thing, they are using a new Action Field called ‘Speed World V’ for the tournaments, so don't be afraid to use Action Cards if you need to.”

Silver gave it a minute of thought. “Alright, Sunset. I’ll make sure that I enter just as soon as I find two more Duelists to join my team.”

Sunset grinned and nodded. “Well then, I hope to see you there. Good luck!”


Lyra had learned from yesterday's loss -- and now she knew just how to beat Silver's, Clear Wing.

“I activate the Quick-Play Spell Forbidden Chalice!” Lyra shouted as she slid a Spell Card inside of her Duel Disk’s Spell/Trap Card Zone, projecting an image of a red-headed priestess holding a golden cup.

“This spell may give your dragon 400 extra ATK points, but it also negates your monster's effect; so you can't stop my Diva from beating you this time around!” Lyra explained as her Diva bounced all the damage back at Silver.

Silver Chance LP: 0
Lyra Heartstrings LP: 500
Winner: Lyra Heartstrings

Silver grunted and picked himself up off the ground, after all the damage had managed to knock him down, and congratulated Lyra on her very impressive victory.

Lyra thanked him with a smile and said: “I only did what you taught me to do -- always try to learn more about what you're up against, and consider all of your options!”

Silver made sure she knew just how impressed he was with how far she had come in only one week. Lyra wanted to be a part of Silver's new team, and thanks to her victory he officially accepted her as a full-fledged member. On a less fortunate note, they only had less than two months to find a third duelist to fill in the vacant space in their squad.

Silver and Lyra kept searching the town, briefly interviewing a fair handful of fellow Duelists they came across, until a relatively small child -- couldn’t have been more than eleven years old, or so? -- suddenly ran up to them out of the blue and tried to beat the daylights out of Silver.

Silver avoided her weak and wild punches and kicks until the kid ran out of breath and settled down.

“Can I help you? I don’t think I know you; why all the aggression?” Silver asked.

The girl stood tall and introduced herself haughtily. “My name is Amber Rich, and because of you beating my cousin in a duel, my family's reputation is falling apart!” Amber replied as she pulled out her gaudy jewel-encrusted Duel Disk. Silver reluctantly pulled out his own and equipped it to his arm, and the two of them began their impromptu Duel.

DUEL
Silver Chance: 4000 LP
Amber Rich: 4000 LP

“Ladies first!” Amber said as she drew her opening hand, looking at it in intense concentration. “First, I activate the Field Spell, Geartown! Thanks to this Spell, I can Tribute Summon ‘Ancient Gear’ monsters with one fewer tribute!”

A whole city made of gears and clockwork began to build around the field.

"And while we’re on the subject of ‘Ancient Gears,’ since I have no monsters on my field: I can Special Summon Ancient Gear Repairman from my Hand!”

, A tall, mechanical man with a wrench for one hand and a drill for the other wearing a grey hard hat with a glowing green eye, rose from a blue portal and stood -- ready to fight.

Ancient Gear Repairman
LV: 5
ATK: 2000

“When I Normal or Special Summon my Repairman, you take 600 points of damage!”

Ancient Gear Repairman slammed his wrench on his chest, and a minigun already in motion pushed its way forcefully out of his chest and fired an immense barrage of bullets at the defenseless Silver.

Silver: 3400 LP
Amber: 4000 LP

“Next: I tribute my Repairman to Tribute Summon my mightiest monster, Ancient Gear Golem!”

An absolutely massive robotic man that bore a striking resemblance to a Roman soldier appeared where Amber's Repairman had previously stood and loomed menacingly over the entire field.

Ancient Gear Golem
LV: 8
ATK: 3000

“As much as I would like my Golem to pummel you with its big metal fist, I can't -- since this is still the first turn of the Duel and all. Instead, I’ll place two cards face-down and end my turn!” Amber said as two holographic face-down cards projected themselves behind the towering Ancient Gear Golem.

“My turn; I draw!” Silver said as he drew his sixth card. Silver thoroughly checked his hand and saw his strategy manifest before him as he envisioned a yellow line draw its way from one card to another in his mind.

“First, I discard my Glow-Up Bulb in order to activate my Quick-Play Spell Card, Twin Twisters -- which blows away your back-row defense,” Silver said as two blistering tornadoes whipped up from within Silver's card and blew Amber's face-down cards, revealed to be Bottomless Trap Hole and Limiter Removal, from the field. “Next: I normal summon my Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman!”

A cute little white dragon appeared and beamed at Amber’s menacing golem with bright eyes and an even brighter smile.

Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman
LV: 1
ATK: 400

“When Buster Whelp is Normal Summoned, I can add any ‘Destruction Sword’ card from my Deck to my Hand -- except for another copy of itself -- so I will add Dragon Buster to my Hand. Next, by tributing my Whelp: I can Special Summon the monster known as Buster Blader from my Hand!”

Buster Whelp jumped into a blue portal and not even a moment later, a swordsman clad in dark blue armor armed with a mighty buster sword emerged from the same vortex, briefly brandishing his weapon with only one hand to demonstrate his immense strength.

Buster Blader
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“Next; by sending the top card of my Deck to the Graveyard, I can special summon Glow-Up Bulb back from my Graveyard with its own effect!”

A bulb with one eyeball positioned eerily in its center adorned with a white flower began to bloom onto the field.

Glow-Up Bulb
LV: 1
DEF: 100

“Now, I tune my level one Glow-Up Bulb with my level seven Buster Blader!”

Glow-Up Bulb popped out of the ground and burst into a star, and then turned into a single green ring -- which encircled Buster Blader, who himself transformed into seven additional stars which formed up into a straight line and turned into a blinding beam of light.

LV 7 + LV 1 = LV 8

"mighty dragon that guards the treasure of the hero -- come to my aid, and protect thy hero and his allies! Synchro Summon! Rise up, Buster Dragon!”

A large, dark-colored dragon -- which appeared to be a much larger and more grown-up version of Buster Whelp -- emerged from the light and landed with a great thud in front of Silver and folded its wings in a defensive position.

Buster Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 1200

“Pff! Like that weakling could beat me,” Amber gloated. “You should have just stuck with your puny swordsman!”

“It’s too bad for you that I’m not finished yet,” Silver replied simply.

“What do you mean?” Amber shouted.

“When Buster Dragon is on the field; all of your monsters become Dragon-types!"

Amber's Ancient Gear Golem began to emit a flurry of sparks as it began to be disassembled and reassembled into a more draconic form.

“That’s not all! As long as I don't currently control a ‘Buster Blader,’ then Buster Dragon lets me Summon one right from my Graveyard!"

Buster Dragon roared and slammed its tail on the ground, and as if called forth by its mighty beast companion, Buster Blader jumped out of a portal that opened on the point of impact and took a fighting stance yet again.

Buster Blader
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“Next, I equip my Dragon Buster Destruction Sword from my Hand to my Buster Blader!”

Buster Blader's great sword was replaced by a blade of similar make, but with its own distinct design.

“What? Y-you can't equip a monster from your hand!” Amber said in a shocked tone.

“Not unless the monster says you can, and Dragon Buster's effect allows me to do just that!” Silver replied. “Next: Dragon Buster can Special Summon itself to the field by un-equipping from my Blader.”

Buster Blader threw his sword at the ground and a cute little dual-horned white dragon appeared from within.

Dragon Buster Destruction Sword
LV: 1
ATK: 400

"Next I activate the Spell Card Harmonic Synchro Fusion: !”

“Wait, what? Where did you get a card that impossibly rare?” Amber asked, not able to believe what she was seeing.

“From winning the Canterlot Grand Prix, actually,” Silver replied. “This card allows me to perform both a Fusion Summon and a Synchro Summon simultaneously using the same two monsters on my field!”

Silver's Buster Blader and Dragon Buster split into two copies of themselves and the first set of two set themselves up to perform the Synchro Summon.

“I will once again tune my level one Dragon Buster with my level seven Buster Blader!”

Dragon buster threw its sword into the air and retreated back inside it and them transform into a star and then into a green ring that encircled Buster Blader and turned him into seven stars and then a beam of light.

LV7 + LV1 = LV8

"Darkness born from the void of nothingness -- claw your way to this mortal realm, and burn my opponent to ash! Synchro Summon! Appear, Void Ogre Dragon!”

A blood-red dragon with rubies embedded into its body and gigantic, silver claws emerged from the Synchro Summon’s light, flew down to the field and let lose a mighty roar.

Void Ogre Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 3000

“And now I’ll fuse my Buster Blader together with my Dragon Buster!”

The second set of monsters rose up and spun inside a swirling vortex of light.

“Soul of the dragon that denies even the mightiest of beasts, combine with the hero who slays all evil that stands in his path! Fusion Summon! Rise, Buster Blader The Dragon Destroyer Swordsman!”

A monster took form and emerged from the portal, strongly resembling the original Buster Blader, but his armor was more elaborate and now took on a two-toned color scheme -- both bright white and deep blue with a gold trim. The blade the new swordsman wielded was jagged and far more draconic in nature than its prior form’s.

Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman
LV: 8
ATK: 2800 + 1000 = 3800

“Thanks to my Buster Dragon’s effect, your Golem’s new Dragon-typing gives my Swordsman 1000 more ATK and DEF!”

“No way! With all that power on your field, I won’t be able to survive this turn!” Amber shouted.

“No, you sure won’t. Battle! Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer: attack her Ancient Gear Golem with your Dragon Soul Slash!”

Buster Blader sprinted at the mechanized monster on Amber’s side of the field and then jumped high into the air -- in a spectacular display of agility, despite its armored appearance -- and slashed Ancient Gear Golem right down the center, causing it to explode in fragments of crystallized light.

Silver: 3400 LP
Amber: 3200 LP

“And now, since your field is wide-open, my Buster Dragon and Void Ogre can attack for game unhindered. Go get her, you two!”

Both Buster Dragon and Void Ogre unleashed great fireballs at Amber, engulfing the pouting child in devastating orange and black flames.

Silver Chance: 3400 LP
Amber Rich: 0 LP
Winner: Silver Chance

“Whoa! That was amazing, Silver -- you beat her in just one turn!” Lyra cheered as the holograms disappeared.

Amber Rich stomped her foot on the ground and ran back to her uncle and cousin, who had apparently been waiting and watching her and Silver’s Duel. “This ISN’T OVER!” she shouted, shaking her fist at both Silver and Lyra where they stood.

Silver and Lyra shared an amused glance and decided to call it a day; since it was getting late. Amber had taken up a good deal of time and Silver's energy, after all. They bid their farewells and went their separate ways.


Meanwhile, in a distant land: more specifically, at the towering crystalline “Castle of Friendship,” Princess Twilight Sparkle was cooped up in her lab, experimenting with ways to store magic and bring it with her through the portal when she needed it.

After her (initially awkward) run-in with her human counterpart, and learning how she made a fully-functional device capable of storing powerful magic, Twilight had been inspired to make her own, hopefully, more stabilized, version of it.

After a multitude of hours spent researching the topic and expending her own magic for testing purposes, Twilight finally crafted three working prisms that could store as much magic as she needed… she hoped, anyway.

Twilight, exhausted and proud of her work, placed the three prisms on her desk and trotted off to her bedroom for some well-deserved rest.

Later that night, however; a mysterious pony snuck quietly through the portal, and began searching the castle for Twilight's laboratory. After some time spent searching the many, many rooms the castle was composed of, the stallion managed to find just what he was looking for.

He snagged the prisms Twilight had just finished working on and booked it back to the portal, but not before Twilight and her pupil Starlight Glimmer began chasing after him -- having noticed that several of the rooms in the castle appeared to have been torn apart by someone apart from themselves due to the mysterious pony’s carelessness.

Just when the two thought they had him cornered, he tossed a smoke bomb he brought along with him, and used the smokescreen cover to escape through the still-open portal, and caused an avalanche of books to not only bury the portal but to close it and buy enough time for him to return to his teammates as he ran through.

Twilight and Starlight went straight to work to dig the portal out, also searching for Twilight's journal so they could re-open the portal and warn Sunset Shimmer and Twilight’s other friends from that world.

After hours of re-shelving and searching, Twilight managed to find her journal and place it back on the pedestal atop the mirror and the portal re-opened in a flash. Twilight debated with herself for a few minutes -- to Starlight’s mild annoyance -- but eventually decided to bring Starlight along with her, since she now knew it was alright for two of the same person to exist in the same world. Probably.

The two ponies steeled themselves, then jumped bravely through the portal into the other world beyond.

Author's Note:

card info:

Ancient Gear Repairman

Level 5

ATK/2000 DEF/1600

EARTH Machine/Effect Monster:

When you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned: inflict 600 points of damage to your opponent. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

Chapters Next