• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,260 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,260

PreviousChapters Next
Welcome To The War Zone

Lightning caught up with Lemon Zest and the duel picked up again. The tune on Lemon’s playlist changed to something more rock and roll based. Lightning recognized this song as “This Will be the Day” and felt ready to fight harder. As Lemon and Lightning approached an oncoming ramp Lightning and Lemon hit their nitrous and jumped. Lightning activated her wings and glided across while Lemon raised her front wheel and hit her nitro again and barely made it. Now that the ramp was cleared the duel could properly begin.

DUEL
Lightning Dust: 4000 LP
Lemon Zest: 1600 LP

“My turn -- I draw,” Lightning said as she drew her sixth card. Lightning felt very pumped up by the song Lemon was playing. “First; I activate the Spell Card: Pendulum Theft!” Lightning’s card acted like a digital camera and snapped a few pictures of both Miccs and Guitarr, and phantom versions of both monsters appeared in Lightning’s Pendulum Zones. “This Spell allows me to use your Pendulum Scales to perform a Pendulum Summon this turn.” Lightning pulled out four of the cards in her hand and proceeded to place all of them on her field. “I Pendulum Summon two copies of Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius, and two copies of Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn!” Two mechanical birds clad in green-plated armor and two black vultures with blue head feathers swooped down onto Lightning’s field as they let loose a cacophony of powerful screeching.

Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius (2)
LV: 4
ATK: 1300

Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn (2)
LV: 5
ATK: 2000

“Time to bring out the heavy artillery! First, I will overlay both of my Vanishing Lanius.” Both Vanishing Lanius transformed into two streams of purple light-based energy and entered a swirling galaxy-like portal; which promptly exploded.

“Avian hunter of the afterlife, seek the truth with your dark eyes, and grasp glory with your sharp talons! Xyz Summon! Take flight! Rank 4! Raidraptor - Force Strix!” A fierce looking mechanical owl swooped down onto Lightning’s field; pumped up and ready to fight.

Raidraptor - Force Strix
RANK: 4
ATK: 100 + 500 + 500 = 1100
UNITS: 2

“I almost forgot! Force Strix gains 500 ATK and DEF for every other Winged Beast-type monster that I control. But I'm not done just yet, so next, I activate: Rank-Up-Magic Raid Force! This card allows me to rank up my Force Strix into a ‘Raidraptor’ Xyz Monster that's one rank higher.” Force Strix transformed into the same stream of purple energy as the Vanishing Lanius earlier; also entering the galactic portal and then exploding in a brilliant flash.

“Ferocious falcon, break through this fierce battle and spread your wings! Destroy our gathering foes! Rank Up! Xyz Change! Come forth! Rank 5! Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon!” A mechanical falcon with red plated armor that was armed to the beak with missiles concealed within in its wings formed from the aftermath and then landed on Lightning’s field.

Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon
RANK: 5
ATK: 1000
UNITS: 3

“Time to fly into battle! Blaze Falcon, attack Lemon directly with ‘Missile Bombardment’!” Blaze Falcon unleashed a massive air strike -- raining missiles mercilessly down upon Lemon until she grabbed an Action Card from her left.

“I activate the Action Spell: Sonic Boom! Not only does this Action Card put a stop to your air raid, but the Battle Phase is also ended.”

“Fine. I will end my turn,” Lightning conceded as she and Lemon passed by the pits.

“My turn; I draw,” Lemon said as she drew her third card. Lemon decided to wipe Lightning out nice and early so the real target -- Silver Chance, of course -- would stop hiding, come out, and fight.

“First I summon another copy of Synthess in ATK mode.” Another synthesizer robot with a keytar appeared and started playing a few random notes.

Symphonic Warrior Synthess
LV: 4
ATK: 1200

Lemon was about to perform another Synchro Summon to get herself back into a winning position until Lightning suddenly swerved to grab an Action Card and activate it. “I activate the Action Spell: No Escape! This Spell prevents you from tributing any monsters or using them as material for a Synchro, Fusion, Ritual, or Xyz Summon until the End Phase.” The light around Lemon’s monsters dimmed and was replaced by chains -- binding them securely in place.

“Fine, then. I Set this one card face-down and end my turn,” Lemon said as a facedown card appeared in her middle zone behind her robots. Lemon noticed an Action Card in the air above her and used the nearby half pipe to jump up and grab it. Lemon figured that she would need it later, based on how this Duel had been going and held onto it.

“My turn; I draw!” Lightning said as she drew her card. Lightning decided to end this before Lemon could pull off something huge and take a bigger lead over Team Silver Wing. “First -- I activate my Blaze Falcon’s effect! By detaching one Overlay Unit from my falcon, I can bomb your field and destroy all your Special Summoned monsters, and inflict 500 points of damage for each one that ends up destroyed.”

UNITS: 3 - 1 = 2

Blaze Falcon flew high and above the stadium and unleashed a massive shower of missiles from its many stores and blew all of Lemon’s robots to absolute smithereens, causing her to drive directly into the wild wall of fire they had left behind. Just as Lightning was about to celebrate her victory; Lemon came speeding out of the blaze, unharmed.

“Nice try. I activated the Action Spell: Acceleration. This card revs me up so I can move faster than the damage you inflicted… or, tried to inflict.”

Lightning still considered her move to be an S-ranked victory since she had managed to clear Lemon’s entire front line. “Well, let’s see you speed past this: time for battle! Sirocco, swoop in and finish her off!” Sirocco flew in and tried to rake its claws across Lemon’s Runner, but she countered with her Set card.

“I activate Magic Cylinder! Not only does this card stop your attack dead in its tracks, but it fires it right back at you, as well.” Sirocco was sucked into one cylinder and fired out the other, striking Lightning directly from behind.

Lightning Dust: 2000 LP
Lemon Zest: 1600 LP

“You still can’t stop me from winning! Stardust Dragon, end this with your ‘Cosmic Flare’!” Stardust threw its head back and fired a stream of fire as white and bright as the stars in the sky from its mouth, nailing Lemon Zest and reducing her Life Points to 0. Not only did the damage cause her Runner to emit smoke, but it also entirely shut off her sound system.

Lightning Dust: 2000 LP
Lemon Zest: 0 LP

WINNER: Lighting Dust

Lemon pulled into Team ShadowBolts’ pit and pulled up next to Sunny Flare. Lemon seemed upbeat after fighting both Lyra and Lightning, despite her loss.

“Sunny! I leave the rest to you,” Lemon said as she passed the baton, her Pendulum Scales, and Field Spell to Sunny. Sunny was hoping to fight Silver since her part in the team’s strategy was crucial to their victory -- but first, she needed to remove Lightning from the picture. Sunny slapped the team’s armband on and took off. Sunny took no time at all in catching up with Lightning, and the next Duel began.

DUEL
Lightning Dust: 2000 LP
Sunny Flare: 4000 LP

“My turn; I draw,” Sunny said as she drew her sixth card with a bit of her own flair -- or, “flare,” some might say. Sunny needed to get rid of Lightning quickly before she was defeated. “First, I use Lemon’s already set Pendulum Scales to Pendulum Summon my Phantom Knights of Ragged Gloves and my Phantom Knights of Silent Boots.” Two phantoms made of blue fire and clad in various kinds of armor began to materialize on Sunny’s field -- one being a ghost equipped with a pair of worn out gloves, and the other being a ghost wearing torn up clothes with chains running in perfectly good boots without making a sound.

The Phantom Knights of Ragged Gloves
LV: 3
ATK: 1000

The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots
LV: 3
ATK: 200

“Before I Xyz Summon -- sorry, spoilers! -- I activate the Spell Magical Flameburst! This card destroys all of the Spells on my field, and you get burned for 400 points of damage for each one!” The Symph Amplifier along with the Miccs and Guitarr in her Scales burst suddenly into flames which pulled back and hit Lightning one at a time.

Lightning Dust: 800 LP
Sunny Flare: 4000 LP


Meanwhile, inside the Luxury Box -- an old man with blue skin, wearing an ivory scarf and a commander’s uniform entered the room and calmly took his seat right next to Silver Bullet.

“Commander Wind Rider, sir! What brings you here today?” Bullet said as he offered the commander a customary salute.

“At ease, Bullet. I'm only here to watch my granddaughter compete... and she seems to be in quite a bind,” Wind Rider replied.

“ Don’t worry. She took down Lemon, and even if Lightning falls my son will be there to finish the match in their favor,” Bullet reassured him.


Back in the duel arena, Lightning was poised right at the edge of defeat. Lightning remembered her grandfather telling her that back in the old days of Turbo Dueling, having under 800 Life Points was a very bad thing, since it went past the safety line and the opponent could easily burn them with the effects of certain easily usable cards. Sunny snapped Lightning out of her train of thought as she made her next move.

“Time to give you the hook from this duel -- or should I say, the sword? I overlay my Ragged Gloves and Silent Boots.” Both of Sunny’s monsters turned into streams of purple energy much like Lightning’s own monsters and entered the Xyz portal like the Raidraptors had before.

“Collective soul of the Knights who have fallen on the battlefield -- revive, and become the light that rends the darkness! Xyz Summon! Come forth! Rank 3! The Phantom Knights of Break Sword!” A headless horseman covered in jet-black armor consumed entirely by bright blue fire galloped onto the field and then brandished his broken sword at Lightning.

Phantom Knights Break Sword
RANK: 3
ATK: 2000 + 1000 = 3000
UNITS: 2

“In case you were wondering when Ragged Gloves is used as Xyz Material, the new monster gains an extra 1000 ATK.” Sunny decided to end this quickly.

“Time to ‘cut’ you from this Duel! Break Sword, go and slice up that Falcon.” Break Sword began charging and then leaped high into the air. Lightning began searching for Action Cards and noticed there was one up in the air above her. Lightning hit her nitro and soared into the sky, landing atop of Blaze Falcon. Lightning flew up even higher and grabbed the Action Card in a dramatic flourish.

“I activate the Action Spell: Decoy! This card allows me to redirect your knight’s attack to another one of my monsters, so your new target is Stardust Dragon!” Break Sword abruptly changed course and tried to slay Stardust Dragon where it flew, but its assault was bounced back and the tip of Break Sword’s already shoddy blade snapped right off and spun into the air.

“Since Lyra summoned Stardust using Adagio as one of its Synchro Materials, it can’t be destroyed in battle,” Lightning said while sticking her tongue out.

“But you’ll still take the damage from the battle!” Sunny said as the broken shard moved impossibly around in the air and nicked Lightning square in the back.

Lightning Dust: 300 LP
Sunny Flare: 4000 LP

“I end my turn. But don’t think you can last much longer, because on my next turn you’re finished!”

“My turn, I draw,” Lightning said as she drew her second card. Lightning’s hand did not look good and she was holding on by a mere thread. Lightning was just about ready to give up until she noticed a clutch Action Card in the road up ahead and grabbed it. Lightning smirked as she saw what it was, and dubbed it “her final hope”.

“I activate the Action Spell: Hand Recharge! Thanks to this Spell, I’ll be returning all the cards in my Hand back to the Deck, and drawing five new cards.” Lightning returned her current hand to her Deck slot, and after the deck was automatically shuffled she drew her allotted five cards. Lightning could see that she now had a much higher chance to at least leave Silver with one heck of a parting gift.

“This one... is for our leader! I set the Scale One: Raidraptor Shield Lanius, and Scale Eight: Raidraptor Sword Lanius in the Pendulum Scales!” Two columns of light began to appear, a mechanical bird with gold plating and a force field generator on its back above a stylized “1” on the left and a mechanical bird with silver plating and swords for quills on its wings above a stylized “8” on the right.

Lightning: ♦1___________8♦

“Normally, I would summon monsters between the levels of two through seven, but I'm going to do all that I can before I fall! I will start by using Blaze Falcon’s effect -- by detaching one more Overlay Unit, I can destroy your Break Sword and inflict 500 points of damage right to your Life Points!”

UNITS: 2 - 1 = 1

Blaze Falcon flew up high and unleashed another fierce barrage of missiles as Lightning almost managed to completely forget that this was all just part of a game.

Lightning Dust: 300 LP
Sunny Flare: 3500 LP

“Tough break! When my Break Sword is destroyed, I can bring back the two monsters that I used to summon it, and raise their levels by one -- so that brings them both up to level four.” Ragged Gloves and Silent Boots returned to Sunny’s field, but Lightning was still in full-on war mode.

The Phantom Knights of Ragged Gloves
LV: 3 + 1 = 4
DEF: 500

The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots
LV: 3 + 1 = 4
DEF: 1200

“Doesn’t matter! I activate my Rank-Up-Magic Revolution Force! This Spell allows me to rank up my Blaze Falcon even further into a ‘Raidraptor’ Xyz Monster that is one rank higher!” Blaze Falcon dived into the swirling Xyz portal in a familiar stream of violet energy.

“Prideful falcon, spread your wings dyed crimson red in the blood of heroes! Advance through the path of our revolution! Rank-Up Xyz Change! Come forth! Rank 6! Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon!” An even bigger falcon with obsidian-black plating with exhaust pipes in the place of many of its feathers began to fly onto Lightnings field with a defiant shriek.

Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon
RANK: 6
ATK: 2000
UNITS: 2

“Now, it's time to go to war! My first Sirocco attacks Ragged Gloves!” Sirocco swooped down and slashed at Ragged Gloves, mauling and destroying it instantly. “My second Sirocco now attacks Silent Boots!” The second Sirocco attacked Silent Boots the same way as the first and slashed Sunny’s remaining monster to ribbons.

“Finally, Revolution Falcon: attack Sunny Flare directly!” Revolution Falcon began to fly higher than any of Lightning’s monsters had before, and then dived in a flash down at Sunny, covered in a coat of destructive fire.

Lightning Dust: 300 LP
Sunny Flare: 1500 LP

“Now, Stardust Dragon; end this!” Stardust roared and unleashed its shimmering dragon breath upon the ShadowBolt. As the final attack approached her in a blur of motion, Sunny saw an Action Card out of the corner of her eye and grabbed it in a fit of desperation.

“I activate the Action Spell Card: Evasion! Now, your ‘final’ attack is negated -- and I'm still safe.”

“This may be my final turn... but I'm not going to go down just like that! I activate the Spell Card: Dark Overlay Conversion! This card allows me to convert up to two dark attribute monsters on the field into Overlay Units for one of my Xyz Monsters.” Both Siroccos turned into two purple spheres of light and then began to orbit around Revolution Falcon.

Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon
RANK: 6
ATK: 2000
UNITS: 2 + 2 = 4

Lightning was about to end her turn until she noticed another Action Card on her left and leaned in to grab it. Lightning began to feel regret that she could not quite finish Sunny off, but also proud that she had accomplished her tour of duty for the team’s sake.

“I may be going down, but our leader is one tough soldier. Now it's time for me to go! I activate the Action Trap: War Zone -- a card which hits both of us for 600 points of direct damage.” A barrage of bombs began to rain down and struck both Lightning and Sunny. Lightning’s Runner emitted the signature Duel-ending smoke as her Life Points dropped to 0.

Lightning Dust: 0 LP
Sunny Flare: 900 LP

WINNER: Sunny Flare

Lightning pulled into Team Silver Wing’s pit and pulled over next to Silver, passing the baton to him -- along with all the cards left in play.

“May my troops aid you and your army to victory! Good luck, Captain!” Lightning said as she saluted Silver.

“At ease, Lightning! ... and thank you for your brave sacrifice,” Silver said as he placed the armband on his arm and then took off. Silver remembered fondly how his father would talk about his days in the army and how it made him the president of his company.


Back inside the local Saloon in good ol’ Appleloosa; Sky, Vapor, the townspeople, and the Buffalo Tribe all began to cheer loudly as Silver took the stage after the fierce battle that had taken place between Lightning and Sunny.

Sky decided to forget being upset this time around, as Lightning had inflicted some massive damage to Sunny during her war-fever assault.

Vapor, on the other hand, was concerned as to why Silver would have a warmonger on his team.

Sky told her that both Silver’s father and Lightning’s grandfather used to be in the US Army together, but chose to take different paths after retirement. Silver Bullet chose to run his father’s company while Wind Rider decided to spend his golden years with his granddaughter.

Everyone’s eyes were glued to the screen -- watching Silver take off for the next leg of the duel.

Author's Note:

card info:

Pendulum Theft

Spell/Normal Spell

Activate only when your opponent has 2 face-up cards in their Pendulum Zones with 2 different Pendulum Scales. This turn, you can Pendulum Summon monsters with Levels between those Scales.


Action Spell - Sonic Boom

Spell/Action Spell

When your opponent declares an attack: negate that attack; end the Battle Phase.


Action Spell - No Escape

Spell/Action Spell

Your opponent cannot Tribute Summon, Fusion Summon, Synchro Summon, or Xyz Summon using face-up monsters on their field.


Magical Flameburst

Spell/Normal Spell

Destroy all face-up Spells on your field; inflict 400 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this effect.


Action Spell - Decoy

Spell/Action Spell

When your opponent’s monster declares an attack, you can change the attack target to another monster you control.


Raidraptor Shield Lanius

Level 6

Pendulum Scale 1

ATK/400 DEF/2600

DARK Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Effect Monster

Pendulum Effect: When your opponent declares a direct attack: you can destroy the card in your other Pendulum Zone (if any), and if you do, Special Summon this card in Defense Position.

Monster Effect: When this card is used as material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summon: that Summoned monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.


Raidraptor Sword Lanius

Level 3

Pendulum Scale 8

ATK/1400 DEF/800

DARK Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Effect Monster

Pendulum Effect: If a “Raidraptor” monster you control attacks a monster with higher ATK: your monster gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation.

Monster Effect: “Raidraptor” monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects.


Dark Overlay Conversion

Spell/Normal Spell

Attach up to 2 DARK monsters on the field to an Xyz Monster you control as Xyz Material.


Action Trap - War Zone

Trap/Action Trap

Inflict 600 damage to both players.


thanks again to Rebellious_Requiem for doing the editing.

PreviousChapters Next