• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,256 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Revenge of the HEROes

Starlight sped along the track and caught up with Lyra. She drew her opening hand, hoping to draw some good cards that she could use to deal with the 4000 ATK-powered goddess that stood in her way.

DUEL

Lyra Heartstrings: 2800

Starlight Glimmer: 4000

“My turn! I draw!” Starlight said as she drew her sixth card. Starlight did not have much to deal with Zelda just yet, at least not as far as she could tell. She checked what was available to her on her field and in her hand -- and her strategy manifested itself in her mind as a multi-part diagram, a purple line drawing a connection from one card to the next in her head.

“First off: I activate the Spell, Hero’s Sacrifice,” Starlight said as a card that showed a brave hero flying high into the atmosphere carrying a ticking bomb manifested on her field. “By sending the topmost five cards from my Deck to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon a level five or higher monster from my hand in Attack Position, but I must reduce that monster's ATK by 800 when it hits the field.” Starlight milled her top five cards: Hero Signal, Elemental HERO Avian, Elemental HERO Burstinatrix, Elemental HERO Necroshade, and Dramatic Return.

34 - 5 = 29

“From my hand: I Special Summon Elemental HERO Neos in Attack Position!” The audience was in awe as a muscular, humanoid white alien with cobalt eyes, red and blue torso markings, and a blue orb in the center of his chest descended from the sky and struck a heroic pose.

Elemental HERO Neos

LV: 7

ATK: 2500 - 800 = 1700

“Time for me to show you my new monster! But to do so; I must activate Polymerization -- and use it to fuse my Neos with Twilight’s Dark Magician!” Both Neos and Dark Magician jumped into the air and spun inside the fusion vortex.

“Mighty hero of Neo Space! Fuse with the servant of the great pharaoh and call forth the ancient spells, buried across time and space! Fusion Summon! Appear! Level 9! Elemental HERO Neos Magician!” Neos reemerged from the vortex, only this time wearing a blue magician’s robe while wielding a blue staff with a shimmering ruby on the end.

Elemental HERO Neos Magician

LV: 9

ATK: 3500

“When Neos Magician is successfully Fusion Summoned: I can add any Spell Card from my Deck to my hand, so I will retrieve the Field Spell, Skyscraper!” Starlight added her card to her already existing hand and decided to put it into immediate action.

“Now; I will activate the very same card. Behold! The Field Spell, Skyscraper!” An entire city rose up from the ground around the duelists. Tall buildings sandwiched the tracks around them as they sped down the track. Neos Magician perched himself on top of the tallest building in the center with his staff pointing up as he gazed at his city below.

“First it was those massive trees, now all these tall buildings... what's next, a space station?” asked Lyra sarcastically, already knowing Sunset would have something else absurd up her sleeve.

“Guess you’ll just have to wait and see -- if you make it to her, that is. But for now; let's battle!” Starlight said as she and Lyra drove towards the Sphere.

“In case you were wondering, these buildings are not just for show -- when one of my Elemental HEROes attacks a monster stronger than it is, they gain 1000 ATK during damage calculation!”

“That's quite the Field Spell. Guess I know what comes next.”

“That’s right; it's time to battle. Neos Magician, attack Zelda with Ancient Meteor Dive!” Neos dove off the building he was standing on and coated himself in a cloak of blue fire that burned brightly, turning into a rainbow of swirling flames as he moved ever faster. The power of the Skyscraper field flowed through him, enhancing his already great strength.

3500 + 1000 = 4500

Neos made contact with Zelda by coming to a hard stop and running his extended scepter right through her. She cried out as she exploded in a shower of sparks.

Lyra Heartstrings: 2300

Starlight Glimmer: 4000

4500 - 1000 = 3500

“Now that your monster is gone, my Magician activates his other effect. When he destroys a monster in battle, I'm allowed to add an ‘Elemental HERO’ or ‘Neo Spacian’ monster from my Deck to my hand -- so I will add Neo Spacian Grand Mole to my hand.” Starlight added her card and both Lyra and Starlight left the Sphere with the Battle Phase concluded.

“Finally; I set two cards face-down and end my turn,” Starlight said as two set cards appeared behind Neos Magician.

“Now that your turn is over, Zelda comes back from the great beyond!” Lyra said as a yellow pillar of light shot down from the sky and Zelda appeared out of it, fully healed.

Zelda the Melodious Goddess

LV: 10

ATK: 4000

“There is one thing about Zelda that I forgot to tell your teammate. If she is destroyed by battle, she comes back from the Graveyard in Attack Mode at the End Phase of the turn -- but that’s not all! When she comes back: she allows me to add a card from my Graveyard to my hand; so I will retrieve the Action Spell, Acceleration.” The Action Card that Lyra wanted to bring back slid out of her Graveyard and she took it back into her hand -- ready for when she would need it.

“My turn! I draw,” Lyra said as she drew her second card. She was on the edge with Skyscraper out. Lyra was worried that If she tried to attack Starlight’s HERO monsters, they would just power up and counter-attack. Lyra decided to do what she could to protect herself and build up her field until she had a proper plan of attack.

“For my first number this turn; I will Special Summon Lyricist the Melodious Songstress in Attack Mode.” A mint green fairy with hair the same cool, minty colors as Lyra’s set in a traditional Chinese style with gold hair ornaments and wearing a shimmering gold kimono appeared out of a sudden fog, fanning herself as she sang.

Lyricist the Melodious Songstress

LV: 6

ATK: 2400

“I activate Lyricist’s effect! Once per turn: I can change the level of a ‘Melodious’ monster that I control to a level from one to six until the End Phase of my turn, so I will make Rising Diva level six.” Lyricist began singing and Rising Diva voice began to grow higher as her level went up.

2 + 4 = 6

“Now that the stage is set, I will overlay my level six Lyricist and level six Rising Diva!” Both monsters transformed into streams of bright yellow energy, merging together in the galactic Xyz Summoning portal.

“Mighty flower of the springtime! Bloom from the sound of battle and sing your lovely song! Xyz Summon! Sing Loudly! Rank 6! Bloom Idol the Melodious Choir!” A pink flower descended from the sky and bloomed spectacularly as a pink fairy wearing a pink gown that looked very much like the flower she bloomed from sung out loud as she landed gracefully in Lyra’s Monster Zone.

Bloom Idol the Melodious Choir

RANK: 6

ATK: 2500

UNITS: 2

“Since Lyricist was used as Xyz Material: when my idol destroys one of your monsters, you will be forced to mill one card for every 500 points of damage you take -- but even before that; I activate Zelda’s effect! Ballad of Time!” Zelda played her signature ballad, and at its call, both Neos and the entire cityscape around them were encased in a golden aura as both Lyra and Starlight drove towards the Sphere.

“Before I attack; I activate my Bloom Idol’s effect! By detaching an Overlay Unit: your Neos has his Attack Points reduced to 0 until the End Phase.” Bloom Idol sang a song that drained the energy from Neos, the Neo Spacian hero feeling weaker with each passing note.

3500 - 3500 = 0

“Bloom Idol! Attack Neos Magician with Cherry Blossom Shot!” Bloom Idol took a breath and sung a high note that then transformed into a flurry of cherry blossom petals that spun around Neos Magician before slashing at him like thousands of miniature swords. The monster cried out in pain and exploded, covering the inside of the Sphere with flaming flower petals -- some of which landed on Starlight’s Deck.

Lyra Heartstrings: 2300

Starlight Glimmer: 1500

“Just like I told you before: since you took 2500 points of damage, you must mill five cards from your Deck!” Starlight began the milling process just like she did at the beginning. This time her fallen cards were Neo Spacian Flare Scarab, Elemental Hero Sparkman, Mask Change, Necro Gardna, and Winged Kuriboh.

28 - 5 = 23

“I'm not letting you finish me off that easily! Since you destroyed my Fusion Monster in battle, I can banish Dramatic Return from my Graveyard and Special Summon the Monsters that I used to Summon my monster from my Graveyard in Defense Mode -- and the best part is: they can't be destroyed this turn.” Neos and Dark Magician both leaped out of the portal that formed at the bottom of the Sphere and kneeled in front of Starlight with their arms crossed.

Dark Magician

LV: 7

DEF: 2100

Elemental HERO Neos

LV: 7

DEF: 2000

“There’s no real point in attacking anymore now that those two are here, so I’ll end my turn,” Lyra said as the golden aura around the buildings faded away.

“My turn! I draw!” Starlight said as she drew her third card. She placed the card in her hand and used her duel interface to check the contents of her Graveyard, seeing that she was very close to fulfilling the conditions for Summoning two of her best monsters.

“I summon Card Trooper in Attack Mode.” A little robot appeared and briefly looked around itself in alarm before turning itself to face the opposition again.

Card Trooper

LV: 3

ATK: 400

“I activate my Trooper’s effect! I can mill up to three cards from my Deck, and my Trooper gains 500 attack points for each card sent in this way. So; naturally, I will pay the maximum cost for this effect.” Starlight repeated the milling process again, thus filling her Graveyard with more resources for her to use: Elemental HERO Clayman, Elemental HERO Blazeman, and Triple Resurrection.

400 + 1500 = 1900

23 - 3 = 20

“Perfect! It looks like I milled the exact card I needed. I activate the effect of Triple Resurrection from my Graveyard! By banishing this card, I can Special Summon up to three Normal Monsters from my Graveyard in Attack Mode, so from my Graveyard I revive the Elemental HEROes Avian, Burstinatrix, and Sparkman!” A huge portal opened up in front of Starlight and out of it came a winged man in a green costume, a grey-haired lady in a skintight red jumpsuit, and a man with gold and cobalt armor whose face was completely covered by a light blue helmet.

Elemental HERO Avian

LV: 3

ATK: 1000

Elemental HERO Burstinatrix

LV: 3

ATK: 1200

Elemental HERO Sparkman

LV: 4

ATK: 1600

“I'm not finished yet; because next, I will activate the Spell, United Draw!” Starlight said as a spell with an image of five weak monsters holding hands materialized on Starlight’s field. “This card allows me to draw one card for every Normal Monster I have on my field, and including Twilight’s Dark Magician, that makes five monsters -- so I draw five cards.” Starlight drew her five cards -- glad to see that she drew everything she needed for a major play.

20 - 5 = 15

“Now that the preparations are complete -- it’s time for me to finish what Twilight started! I activate my Double Fusion! For the cost of 500 Life Points, I can Fusion Summon twice this turn using just this one card.”

Lyra Heartstrings: 2300

Starlight Glimmer: 1000

“For my first Fusion Summon, I will fuse my Avian and my Burstinatrix!” Both Avian and Burstinatrix leaped into the air and linked their arms together as they spun into the fusion vortex.

“Winged avenger of the skies above! Fuse with the mistress of fire and equality, and become the flame of hope that saves all! Fusion Summon! Rise Up! Level 6! Elemental HERO Flame Wingman!” A mysterious green hero with one wing on his right shoulder blade and a draconic left arm perched himself on top of the center building, waiting patiently for Starlight’s command.

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman

LV: 6

ATK: 2100

“And for my second fusion, I will fuse Flame Wingman with my Sparkman to Fusion Summon the monster that will help me end this!” Flame Wingman leaped into the air and Sparkman followed behind. Both monsters spun within the swirling fusion vortex.

“Mighty hero who carries the flame of hope, fuse with the hero of lightning that leads the way to the future and evolve into a beacon of hope! Fusion Summon! Evolve! Level 8! Elemental HERO Shining Flare Wingman!” An evolved version of Flame Wingman descended gently from the sky and landed on the same building on which Flame Wingman once stood, illuminating the sky above like a rising sun.

Elemental HERO Shining Flare Wingman

LV: 8

ATK: 2500

“Before you ask me about his attack points, there’s one thing I must point out -- Shining Flare Wingman gains 300 ATK for each of his comrades that rest in the grave, so since I currently have eight Elemental HEROes in my Graveyard that's a total of 2400 extra attack points.” The spirits of all of Starlight’s fallen heroes began to gather around Shining Flare Wingman as he powered up using their energy.

2500 + 2400 = 4900

“There's more! I activate the Spell, Miracle Contact! By shuffling the Neos that is on my field with Grand Mole in my hand and Flare Scarab in my Graveyard back to my Deck, I can Fusion Summon a Neos Fusion Monster while ignoring the Summoning conditions.” Neos’ body turned fully blue as he flew into the sky along with Grand Mole and Flare Scarab.

“Mighty hero of Neo Space, combine forces with the mole that tunnels through the cosmos and the scarab that burns brighter than the sun itself! Triple Contact Fusion! Erupt! Level 9! Elemental HERO Magma Neos!” Neos descended from the sky in armored plating, his right arm covered in molten rock and the claws of Grand Mole adorning his left.

Elemental HERO Magma Neos

LV: 9

ATK: 3000

15 + 3 = 18

“Here’s the thing you should know about Magma Neos: it gains 400 additional attack points for every card that is currently in play, so with seven cards on my field and two on yours -- that makes a total of nine cards, so Magma Neos gains 3600 attack points! Let’s see you beat over that!” Magma Neos began to power up as the magma flowing along his body began to glow brightly with an intense heat.

3000 + 3600 = 6600

“Those are some powerful monsters. Let's see what they can do!” Both Lyra and Starlight drove for the Sphere and the battle began.

“Time to end this! Shining Flare Wingman, attack Zelda with Shimmering Skydive Scorcher!” Shining Flare Wingman dove from the roof of the building and spun in the air as he was wreathed in solar energy that allowed him to devastate the goddess once more.

Lyra Heartstrings: 1400

Starlight Glimmer: 1000

“If I’m remembering correctly, Zelda returns to the field during the End Phase and will use her effect when she does so, right? Wrong! Because when Shining Flare Wingman destroys a monster in battle, you take damage equal to that monster’s attack points!” Shining Flare Wingman fired a green stream of energy at Lyra, only for her to suddenly accelerate and move out of its range -- avoiding the damage completely.

“I'm not done yet! Remember the card Zelda brought back for me? Well; behold the Action Spell, Acceleration! Now your effect damage is negated.”

“I did not forget. In fact, that was only just the first wave. Here comes the second: Magma Neos, attack Bloom Idol with Meteor Meltdown!” Magma Neos held its hands close together and slowly built up a giant meteor. Once fully formed, it launched the massive ball of rock at a defenseless Bloom Idol. Lyra noticed an Action Card up ahead and grabbed it, activating it out of sheer desperation.

“I activate the Action Spell, Battle Heal! Not only does this end the Battle Phase, but we both gain 1000 Life Points.” Both Lyra and Starlight exited the Sphere and were enveloped in a green aura as their life recovered.

Lyra Heartstrings: 2400

Starlight Glimmer: 2000

“I end my turn there. Normally: this is the part where Magma Neos would return to my Extra Deck, but I think I have a better idea. I activate the Continuous Trap, Contact Expansion! This Trap negates the effect that would send a ‘Neos’ Fusion Monster back to my Extra Deck during the End Phase. However; to keep this Trap active, I must pay 500 Life Points during each of my Standby Phases.”

“Now; just like you said earlier, my Zelda returns to the field -- and I get a card from my Graveyard back to my hand!” Zelda returned to her previous position from the same shining pillar of light that rose up from the ground before.

Zelda the Melodious Goddess

LV: 10

ATK: 4000

“Too bad! I was prepared for that. I activate the Trap, Summon Penalty! When you Special Summon a monster you take damage equal to half of that monster’s attack points,” Starlight cut in as she revealed her Trap Card. A red pentagram appeared beneath Zelda and zapped her with a painful shock, dealing a hefty blow to Lyra as well.

Lyra Heartstrings: 400

Starlight Glimmer: 2000

“Damage aside; I still get a card from my Graveyard, so I will add my Melodious Music Storm back to my hand,” Lyra declared as she retrieved her lost Spell Card, ready to take her turn.

“My turn! I draw!” Lyra said as she drew her second card. Lyra knew she was bound to lose at this rate and decided to try and leave something behind for Lightning to use once she had been tagged in.

“I may be going down, but I'm going down fighting! I activate the Spell, Xyz Sacrifice!” Lyra said as a Spell appeared on her field that depicted two Xyz monsters falling into a ravine. “By tributing Bloom Idol, I can destroy one of your monsters -- so with it, I can take down Magma Neos!” Bloom Idol leaped at Magma Neos and tackled him, shoving the Neo-Spacian Fusion into a purple portal that closed up instantaneously behind them.

“When a ‘Neos’ Fusion Monster leaves the field, my Contact Expansion is automatically destroyed,” Starlight explained as her Trap Card fizzled out and left the playing field due to its own effect.

4900 + 300 = 5200

“For my next -- and possibly my last -- trick: I activate the Spell, Melodious Music Storm! And I'm sure you remember what this one does, but just in case you need a reminder: it destroys all your cards and inflicts 500 points of damage for each one!”

A few seconds after Lyra activated her card Starlight noticed an Action Card next to her and grabbed it. Starlight looked at it and grinned. “I activate the Action Spell, Magical Firewall! Not only does this negate your card’s activation, but you also take 500 points of damage in kind. You’re done, Lyra!”

Lyra’s card was set aflame, and the ashes and embers left behind scattered and fell to the ground around her as her Life Points dropped to zero. Her Runner was covered entirely by a cloud of smoke as the computer systems declared Starlight the winner.

Lyra Heartstrings: 0

Starlight Glimmer: 2000

WINNER: Starlight Glimmer

The defeated Lyra drove her Duel Runner back to her team’s pit and handed the baton and her Zelda to Lightning. Filled with excitement and anticipation, Lightning cracked a smile for the first time in quite a while.

“Lightning! Be careful out there; Starlight still has one powerful monster in play,” Lyra warned as Lightning took the baton from her outstretched hand.

“Don’t worry, Lyra. Starlight may have a powerful monster on her side, but I have something even better!” Lightning assured her teammate as she prepared to take off. After revving up her engine, Lightning took off from the starting line -- quickly gaining on Starlight.


Meanwhile: on the roof of the stadium high above the crowds, a mysterious cloaked figure finished off the last of their notes on Lyra’s Duel, and with a flourish they flipped the page, ready to fill their next section on Lightning.

“Rest up, Miss Heartstrings; everything is going all according to plan,” The cloaked figure murmured into the pages of their book. The figure then broke into an ominous, echoing laugh -- nearly drowned out by the cacophony of the crowd, as the match below raged on.

Author's Note:

card info:


Hero’s Sacrifice
Spell/Normal Spell
Send the top 5 cards from your Deck to your GY, Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher monster from your hand. The monster Summoned by this effect loses 800 ATK.


Elemental HERO Neos Magician
Level 9
ATK/3500 DEF/3000
DARK Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect Monster
Elemental HERO Neos + 1 Spellcaster-Type monster
When this card is successfully Fusion Summoned: you can add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to the hand. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: you can add 1 "Elemental HERO" or "Neo-Spacian" monster from your Deck to the hand.


Lyricist the Melodious Songstress
Level 6
ATK/2400 DEF/2100
LIGHT Fairy/Effect Monster
If you control a "Melodious" monster: you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: you can target 1 "Melodious" monster you control and change its Level to a Level between 1 and 6 until the End Phase. When an Xyz Monster is Summoned using this card on the field as Xyz Material: it gains this effect:
•When it destroys a monster by battle: the opponent must send cards from their Deck to the GY equal to the damage taken x500.


Bloom Idol the Melodious Choir
Rank 6
ATK/2500 DEF/2000
LIGHT Fairy/Xyz/Effect Monster
Once per turn: you can detach one Xyz Material from this card, target 1 Defense Position monster your opponent controls, change it to Attack Position and reduce its ATK to 0.


Dramatic Return
Trap/Normal Trap
Return one Fusion Monster you control to the Extra Deck; Special Summon the monsters used to Summon it from your GY if they are present. When a Fusion Monster you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: you can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon the monsters used to Summon it from your GY if they are present.


Triple Resurrection
Spell/Normal Spell
You can Normal Summon up to 3 times this turn. You can banish this card from your GY to Special Summon up to 3 Normal Monsters from your GY in Attack Position.


Action Spell - Battle Heal
Spell/Action Spell
When an opponent's monster declares an attack: negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. Each player gains 1000 LP.


Contact Expansion
Trap/Continuous Trap
While this card is face up on the field: "Neos" Fusion Monsters you control do not return to the Extra Deck at the End Phase. During your Standby Phase: you must pay 500 LP or destroy this card. If a "Neos" Fusion Monster is destroyed, either by battle or by card effect, destroy this card.


Summon Penalty
Trap/Normal Trap
When your opponent Special Summons a monster to their side of the field: inflict half that monster's ATK as damage to your opponent's LP.


Xyz Sacrifice
Spell/Normal Spell
Tribute one Xyz Monster you control; target one monster your opponent controls, destroy it.


Action Spell - Magical Firewall
Spell/Action Spell
When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card: you can negate that card's activation, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP.

PreviousChapters Next