• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,239 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,239

PreviousChapters Next
Team Practice, Part 1

Silver and Lyra were in the midst of placing the armor plating on Starlight’s custom Runner when the workshop’s intercom system buzzed loudly. They both put the as-of-yet unwelded plating carefully on the ground so Silver could respond to the summons.

“Master Chance, your young clients are here about their Runners,” the butler announced, his gruff voice sounding clearly through the speaker.

“Here already? Bring them in. We’re almost finished,” Silver replied.

Silver and Lyra were already back to welding the plating onto Starlight’s runner as Sunset and the others entered the workshop.

“So, how are things coming along?” Sunset asked Silver as she looked around the workshop.

“We put the finishing touches on Twilight’s Runner yesterday. All that’s left to do is to install the Duel interface and onboard computer.” Silver informed her. “I’d say we’re almost at the finish line.”

Sunset, Twilight, and Starlight watched with mild to immense intrigue as Silver installed the onboard computer and ran some diagnostic tests on the new Duel interface. With a sigh -- of both pride and relief -- Silver finally declared both Runners one-hundred percent finished.

“Hey, Sunset; think it’d be OK to start Twilight and Starlight on their next lesson? You guys can use my personal track and everything, and I’d like to see them make some progress.”

After only a little bit more subtle nagging, Sunset told him that it “would be perfect,” since their next lesson would be a big one -- exactly how to actually Turbo Duel.


Silver wheeled both of the shiny, new Runners to his track and set them up at the starting line. As he did so, Sunset proposed an idea to Silver -- one she’d had some time ago.

“So, Silver... what do you say we have an impromptu practice team match for this lesson?” Sunset asked.

“Practice team match? Exactly what do you have in mind, Sunset?” Silver asked.

“Nothing too complex. You and me, against Twilight and Starlight. Since we already know what we’re doing, it’ll be a good learning experience for the both of them,” Sunset replied.

“That sounds just fine to me. Hey, Lyra; sorry to bother you -- but can you get us the practice bands from my workshop?” Silver asked her as he and Twilight were set to prepare for the first Duel. Nodding her head vigorously, Lyra took off to retrieve the requested items.

Luckily, Sunset had readied an explanation in regards to the rules of team dueling for the two uninformed Duelists. “It’s like this: each team member starts with 4,000 Life Points, and when a player’s Life Points drop to zero, the current turn skips to the End Phase. Any cards left in play at that time are transferred over to the next Duelist on the team. If a player chooses to pass the baton to the next Duelist while they still have points left, those points don't transfer over to the next player. If, for any reason, a player is unable to pass the baton to the next-in-line on their team; it’s counted as an automatic forfeit. You guys get all that?”

After receiving a few hesitant nods -- which were apparently good enough for her -- from the others, Sunset and Starlight went to their respective sides of the track and waited for their teammates to pass the baton. Lyra returned from the workshop and tossed both Silver and Twilight an unassuming, blank white fabric patch and moved to the side of the track so she could give the signal.

Twilight and Silver applied their respective patches, and Lyra raised her hand up high. “This is going to be good. Activating the Action Field ‘Testing Course’!” Lyra shouted as the Solid Vision generator created an elaborate Duel track full of half-pipes and ramps -- amongst other obstacles. After the track had finished forming, both Silver and Twilight’s Duel interfaces activated.

DUEL MODE: ENGAGED. AUTOPILOT: STANDING BY!” A computerized voice announced as the Duel Disks attached to the Runners activated and a field display appeared on-screen.

Lyra snapped her fingers, and a bubble full of Action Cards popped -- and all of the cards inside dispersed randomly across the entire track.

Once it seemed the cards had settled in place, Lyra threw her hand down with a wide grin and wild laughter. “Go!” she shouted as the two Duelists sped out from their starting positions.

DUEL
Silver Chance LP: 4000
Twilight Sparkle LP: 4000

Twilight remembered how Sunset told them that in a Turbo Duel, whoever rounds the corner first gets the first move. Twilight pressed -- what she hoped -- was her nitro button, and found herself screaming all the way as she passed Silver by a nose in a blur of motion.

Silver was impressed by how quickly Twilight had located her nitro button, but that did not mean he was just going to sit back and let her go first; so he pushed his left throttle down and shoved it forward activating his own nitro boost. He rocketed past Twilight and rounded the corner first, earning himself the first move. Both Duelists drew their opening five-card hands and the Duel began.

“Better luck next time, Twilight! First; I activate the Spell Card One for One!” Silver said as a Spell Card depicting a lotus flower blooming from within a fiend was projected. “By discarding one monster -- my Buster Blader, to be exact -- from my Hand, I can special summon Glow Up Bulb from my Deck in Defense Mode.”

A bulb with one eyeball and a white flower emerged from the Spell Card and took its place on Silver’s field.

Glow-Up Bulb
LV: 1
DEF: 100

“Next; I Normal Summon Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman in Attack Mode!” An adorable little white dragon appeared and flew next to Silver, squawking happily.

Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman
LV: 1
ATK: 400

“When Buster Whelp is Normal Summoned, I can add any ‘Destruction Sword’ card from my Deck to my Hand, so I will choose Destruction Swordsman Fusion! By tributing my Whelp, I can then Special Summon Buster Blader right from my Hand!”

Buster Whelp flew headlong into a blue portal and Silver’s mighty armored swordsman emerged from the other side with a wide swipe of its blade.

Buster Blader
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“Now; I tune my level one Glow-Up Bulb with my level seven Buster Blader!”

Glow-Up Bulb popped out of the ground and burst into a star. This star then turned into a single green ring, which encircled Buster Blader -- turning him into 7 stars and forming a straight line that burst into a beam of light.

LV 7 + LV 1 = LV 8

“mighty soul of the king! Rise up from the depths of Hades, and burn all who stand before me! Synchro Summon! Incinerate, Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend!”

A demonic looking dragon with a broken left horn, wings of blazing hot fire, and a gauntlet made of bones and magma encased over its left arm burst forth from the bright light with an earth-shaking roar and readied itself for battle.

Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
LV: 8
ATK: 3000

“Finally, to finish things off; I’ll play two cards face-down and end my turn!” Silver said as two face-down Set cards appeared behind Scarlight.

“A powerful Synchro Monster right off the bat… well, it’s my turn now; so I’ll draw!” Twilight said as she drew her sixth card. Twilight checked her hand a few times over and in it, she found a way to destroy Scarlight.

“First; I play the Spell Ancient Rules,” Twilight said as a Spell Card that showed a scroll that displayed an ethereal dragon above several lines of ancient, mysterious writing projected on Twilight’s field. “Using the magic of the Ancient Rules, I can call forth my Dark Magician from my Hand!”

A magician clad in a deep purple robe and an absurdly pointy hat jumped out of a blue portal and stood haughtily, with his arms crossed and face set in a stoic line.

Dark Magician
LV: 7
ATK: 2500

“Next; I activate the Spell Thousand Knives -- which can only be activated while Dark Magician exists on my field -- and when I play this Spell I can target and destroy one monster you control. Of course, I’ll be targeting your Red Dragon Archfiend!” Twilight said as a thousand knives (in accordance with the card’s name) materialized behind Dark Magician, and with a flick of his wrist, began to fly straight at Scarlight with blistering speed.

Not ready to let his dragon go down so easy, Silver looked around and noticed an Action Card coming up on his left, quickly leaning to his side to pick it up off the ground. Snatching it just in time, he decided to immediately make use of it. “I activate the Action Card Mirror Barrier!” Silver said as a translucent mirror ball encased Scarlight’s body, shattering all of the knives on impact. Twilight shared a frown with her magical monster, a bit disheartened that her very first move had failed.

“It’s OK, Twilight!” Sunset shouted to her from the sidelines. “The Duel’s just started! Don’t give up!”

Twilight nodded at Sunset and picked a new card from her Hand. “Then let’s try this: I activate the Quick-Play Spell Card Dedication through Light and Darkness! It lets me tribute Dark Magician from the field to Special Summon my Dark Magician of Chaos from my Deck!” Twilight shouted as her Dark Magician vanished in a flash of light, replaced by a blue-skinned magician with black armor and a horned hat.

Dark Magician of Chaos
LV: 8
ATK: 2800

“I’ll Set this one card face-down and end my turn!” Twilight announced as a Set card appeared behind her new chaos magician. “At the End Phase of the turn that Dark Magician of Chaos is Summoned, I can add one Spell Card from my Graveyard back to my hand, so I will retrieve my Dedication through Light and Darkness.”

“Not bad. But it’s my turn again; so I draw!” Silver said as he drew his next card. Silver theorized that twilights face-down could turn the tables against him if he was not careful, so he decided to bait her into using it as soon as possible.

“I activate the Spell Raigeki! This card destroys all of the monsters on the opposing side of the field.” Silver said as a massive bolt of lightning descended from the sky and forked its way toward Dark Magician of Chaos.

“Not so fast! I activate my face-down Counter Trap, Dark Bribe! In exchange for allowing you to draw one new card, your Raigeki is negated and destroyed.”

Silver drew his free card and decided to act, now that he had tricked Twilight into using her only Set card. “I activate Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend’s monster effect! Once per turn, he destroys all Special Summoned monsters on the field -- other than himself -- whose attack points are equal to or less than his. That means your Magician of Chaos is toast!”

Scarlight slammed his left claw onto the track and a fiery crevice split open and erupted a stream of lava that engulfed Dark Magician of Chaos and destroyed him.

“That's not all there is, though. You also take 500 points of damage for each monster destroyed by this effect.” Twilight was unable to avoid the scalding lava Scarlight generated, and she felt the burn.

Silver LP: 4000
Twilight LP: 3500

“Since my Dark Magician of Chaos was destroyed... he is banished instead, by his own effect,” Twilight said reluctantly.

“That’s too bad; he won’t be doing much for you in that state. Battle! Scarlight, attack Twilight directly with your Molten Power Force!” Silver shouted as Scarlight reared his head back and fired a stream of magma at Twilight.

Silver LP: 4000
Twilight LP: 500

“Now; I activate my face-down Call of the Haunted, which lets me bring back my Buster Blader from the Graveyard in Attack Position.” A portal appeared next to Scarlight, and from it, Buster Blader jumped out and took a fighting stance.

Buster Blader
LV: 7
ATK: 2600

“And now, Buster Blader: finish her off!” Silver shouted as Buster Blader charged at Twilight ready to slash her with his gargantuan sword.

Twilight, not ready to call it quits, noticed an Action Card coming up on her right and leaned for it. She grabbed it, read over its effect quickly, and activated it. “I activate the Action Card Evasion! Your attack is negated and my Life Points are safe!” Twilight leaned sharply to the left and Buster Blader’s downward swing missed her completely.

Silver was impressed by Twilight’s quick thinking and decided he wanted to see what she would do next. “I end my turn!” Silver said as he and Twilight flew by the starting point, finishing the first lap.

“My turn again. I draw!” Twilight said as she drew her card. Twilight thought over her move very intently, as she was now down to a mere 500 Life Points. Twilight decided it was best to go for broke at this point.

“I activate my Spell, Silent Doom, to bring back my Dark Magician from the grave!” Twilight said as Dark Magician returned to her field, kneeling and crossing his arms in a defensive stance.

Dark Magician
LV: 7
DEF: 2100

“Shouldn’t have done that, Twilight! I activate the Trap Xyz Double Offering!” Silver said as a Trap Card with a picture of yellow streams of light coming from a pair of bracelets flipped up on his field. “This Trap can be activated when you Summon a monster that has the same level as one that I control and allows me to use both it and the monster on my field to perform a Xyz Summon! I overlay your level seven Dark Magician and my level seven Buster Blader, and use them to build the Overlay Network!”

Dark Magician and Buster Blader turned into streams of purple and orange energy before entering a spiraling, black galaxy-like portal, which contracted then expanded in a burst of light.

“Legendary black dragon with eyes of crimson red, harden your body and spirit with the force of a hundred diamonds; and burn my foes to ash! Xyz Summon! Rise, Rank 7; Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon!”

A new dragon that appeared to be a mechanical version of the Red-Eyes B. Dragon unfurled its metallic wings, raised its tail, and let out a mighty roar.

Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
Rank: 7
ATK: 2800
Units: 2

Twilight, unsure of how to proceed any further, was just about ready to give up when she noticed an Action Card in the air above her. Using a nearby halfpipe, she flung her Runner high enough to grab and activate it. “I activate the Action Card Phoenix Arrow! This card hits you with 1500 points of direct damage!” The horn on Twilight’s runner conjured and shot a flaming arrow that took the shape of a phoenix and slammed right into Silver, exploding fiercely on impact.

Silver LP: 2500
Twilight LP: 500

“Ouch; that’s quite the damage for just one card. Well, I commend you on being able to make a dent in my Life Points -- but I'm afraid this is the end for you, all the same. When you activate any card or effect while my Flare Metal is on the field, it burns away 500 of your own Life Points.”

“What?!”

Flare Metal flapped his wings and a wave of embers washed over Twilight. To signify that she had lost and was unable to take any more damage, the Runner emitted smoke as if it had taken a heavy blow.

Silver Chance LP: 2500
Twilight Sparkle LP: 0
Winner: Silver Chance

Twilight drove her smoking Runner back to the starting line and passed the baton to Starlight, who gave her a small, encouraging smile. Twilight tried to return it as her student kicked her Runner into action and drove off, but she felt like she had really failed at something important for the first time in her life. Silver had barely given her any openings and took advantage of every move she made. It was all so frustrating!

Lyra noticed that Twilight was feeling down, so she decided to try and cheer her up. “That was a great duel, Twilight! You should be proud,” she said as she placed her hand gently on Twilight’s shoulder.

“Proud? What am I supposed to be proud of? I lost,” Twilight retorted.

“Well, that’s true, but… may I share something with you?” Lyra asked.

“Uh. Okay. What is it?” Twilight replied.

“You lasted longer than Silver’s last opponent. He beat them in just one turn. At least you put up a fight.” Lyra told Twilight, whispering conspiratorially -- like this was some special secret no one else was supposed to hear.

Knowing just how powerful Silver was and that she had managed to stay him for as long as she could cheer Twilight up a little. She thanked Lyra and began cheering for Starlight. “Even up the score! You can do this, Starlight!”

Author's Note:

card info:

Xyz Double Offering

Trap/Normal Trap

When your opponent Summons a monster(s) with the same Level as a monster you control, you can Xyz Summon using it and a monster(s) on your field as Xyz Material. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can draw 2 cards.


Action Spell - Phoenix Arrow

Spell/Action Spell

Inflict 1500 points of damage to your opponent.

PreviousChapters Next