• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,259 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,259

PreviousChapters Next
Prepare for Battle

At the Canterlot City Hospital, Silver and his friends met up with Fleetfoot and asked how she and her teammates were doing. Fleetfoot sadly told them they got banged up so bad in the crashes that the doctors had given them a twenty percent chance of pulling through without any permanent damage.

Silver was now more determined than ever to end this before more people got hurt. He asked Fleetfoot to come with him and his team to help figure out how Skull Crush did all the damage they did without ever being caught.


Back in Silver’s workshop, Silver and co. were intently watching the video footage of the last match -- but from all the available angles from which the match had been captured, they could not find anything incriminating. Silver was just about to give up in frustration until a mysterious figure appeared at the door.

“I believe this should be of some use to you. More so than what you’re watching now, at least,” the figure said as she tossed Silver a USB flash drive. The mysterious person soon revealed herself -- and both Silver and Lyra recognized her as an old friend of theirs.

“Bonbon! Where have you been all this time?” Lyra said as she hopped up and hugged her friend.

“Hi, Lyra. Well, there is something I never told you. I'm an elite operative for the World Organization Of Human Protection. Under normal circumstances, I’m not really allowed to tell anyone about this; but since this is bound to be beneficial to the mission, I can,” Bonbon explained, looking around and over her shoulder for any stray, listening ears.

Silver plugged the drive into his computer and saw recordings of all the Duels Team Skull Crush had participated in, dating back to their first known Duel as a unit. Bonbon explained that she was assigned to investigate these guys and that she had been at it for months now.

Silver watched closely during the match between Oil Slick and Spitfire and noticed how at the exact moment Spitfire declared an attack, her back wheel locked up -- causing her to crash. Silver made a note of something that may have caused the wheel lock and decided to try testing his theory during the next match. Silver skipped ahead to the Duel with Soarin and again noticed the same thing happen. Unfortunately; he still could not find anything specific, until he briefly glimpsed a faint shadow protruding unnaturally from the shadow of Soarin’s Runner.

Silver theorized that whatever the shadow was, it had something to do with the magic that had been stolen from Twilight. Lyra felt more determined than before to take them down, but Bonbon warned her to stay out of this match, concerned for her good friend’s safety. Lyra stood her ground, telling the agent that she was a part of Team Silver Wing, too; and had every right to fight as one! Bonbon knew there was no getting through to Lyra with just words, and decided to settle this another way.

“Fine! If you're so insistent on Dueling, then why don't we settle this with a Duel? If you win, you can Duel alongside your teammates. But if I win, you drop out of this match,” Bonbon offered as she prepared her Duel Disk.

Lyra, of course -- confident as ever -- accepted her conditions without a second thought.

Silver escorted them to his S.V. room, and once the two were situated, activated the Action Field “Twilight City”. The room slowly began to shift into a nighttime city setting; full of tall buildings, colorful, flashing lights, and a collection of speakers sounding out a catchy 70’s-style theme. The bubble full of action cards rose high above the city, then burst once the Duel began.

DUEL

Lyra Heartstrings: 4000

Bonbon: 4000

“I’ll start!” Lyra said as she drew her opening hand. “First: I activate the Continuous Spell Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen!” Lyra’s signature Bifrost formed in front of one of the shining city lights, thus refracting the colors of the rainbow everywhere. “When I have no monsters on my field, I can use this Spell to Special Summon a Fairy-Type monster from my Hand. So, I will use this effect to Summon Mozarta the Melodious Maestra from my Hand!” Mozarta slid gracefully, almost like a practiced figure skater, down the bridge -- and swayed to and fro to the rhythm of the music playing in the background.

Mozarta the Melodious Maestra

LV: 8

ATK: 2600

“But; I’m not stopping there, because once per turn: Mozarta allows me to Special Summon another LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from my hand; so I will Special Summon Elegy the Melodious Diva!” A green-skinned fairy with dark green hair, wearing a purple and gold outfit flew out next to Mozarta and danced beside her to the music as well.

Elegy the Melodious Diva

LV: 5

ATK: 2000 + 300 = 2300

2600 + 300 = 2900

“Here is the best part: not only does Elegy protect all of my Special Summoned monsters from destruction by a card effect, but if she is on the field after being Special Summoned, all Fairy-Type monsters that I control gain 300 extra ATK.” Both Mozarta and Elegy sang out a higher-pitched tone as their Attack Points rose.

“Finally; I Set two cards face-down and end my turn!” Lyra said as two face-down cards appeared behind both of her monsters.

“My turn; I draw,” Bonbon said as she drew her sixth card. Bonbon remembered Lyra’s Melodious cards very well. She had been playing with the Deck since they were kids, after all. Bonbon remembered every single card in Lyra’s Deck -- and how to counter them.

“First; I activate the Field Spell SPYRAL Resort.” A new building burst from the ground in the center of the city. “Thanks to this new, prime piece of real estate -- you cannot target any of my other ‘SPYRAL’ cards with card effects. Next; I summon SPYRAL GEAR - Drone.” A jet-black drone held aloft by four propellers sporting three cameras on its underside and a pair of mechanical arms flew down just low enough for Bonbon to grab on, and the duo flew up above the cityscape.

SPYRAL GEAR - Drone

LV: 1

ATK: 100

“Time to do some recon! I activate my Drone’s effect! Now I'm allowed to look at the top three cards of your deck, and arrange them in any order I want.” The drone’s camera sent a narrow infrared beam flying towards Lyra’s Deck and three holographic images appeared in front of Bonbon -- showing her Sanctuary in the Sky, Aria the Melodious Diva, and1st Movement Solo. Bonbon decided to put the Sanctuary on top, 1st Movement as the next card down, and Aria on the bottom of the small stack. The cards in Lyra’s Deck glowed for a moment before dimming, as if something had happened to them. Lyra began running for Action Cards; in hopes of defending herself against incoming attacks.

“Time to call in some back-up. I activate SPYRAL Super Agent’s effect from my Hand! I declare one card type -- meaning Spell, Trap, or Monster -- and if I guess your top card correctly; I can Special Summon him. My intel tells me your top card... is a Spell!” A hologram was projected above Lyra showing her Deck’s topmost card: specifically, The Sanctuary in the Sky -- a Spell Card. Then out of the sky descended a handsome-looking man in a suit holding a briefcase and equipped with a whole arsenal of spy gadgets.

SPYRAL Super Agent

LV: 4

ATK: 1900

“I activate my Trap, Solemn Strike! It may cost me 1500 Life Points, but it is worth it to get rid of your agent!” Lyra said as a bolt of lightning struck down Super Agent.

Lyra: 2500

Bonbon: 4000

“Fine. I Set two cards face-down and end my turn. At this point, I’ll be returning Super Agent to my Deck in order to sustain my Resort.” SPYRAL Resort fizzled out for a moment but rematerialized as a solid series of objects when Bonbon returned her monster to her Deck.

“My turn -- I draw!” Lyra said as she drew her next card. She already knew what it was, thanks to Bonbon and her Drone. Lyra was very cautious about making sudden moves, as Bonbon’s Set cards could turn the tables if she wasn’t careful to play around them. Noticing an Action Card on top of one of the city buildings, Lyra commanded Mozarta to launch her at Bonbon’s Drone -- which she then leaped off, to Bonbon’s surprise, and landed on the roof of the building in question to grab the Action Card.

“I activate the Action Spell Hand Recharge! This allows me to return the one card in my Hand back to my Deck, shuffle it, and draw five new cards.” Lyra returned her only remaining card back to her Deck and drew five new cards. Lyra was surprised to see that among her new Hand was the very same card she returned to obtain it.

“You're not the only who can change the field. I activate my Field Spell: The Sanctuary in the Sky!” The city around them was cloaked within a cloud bank as the whole city was raised into the sky and a huge temple rose from the outskirts. “As long as my sanctuary is around, any battle damage involving my Fairy-Type monsters becomes zero!”

“Next; I use Mozarta’s effect to Special Summon Guardian Angel Joan from my Hand!” A woman in a brilliant white and gold outfit descended from the sky and landed gracefully next to Mozarta.

Guardian Angel Joan

LV: 7

ATK: 2800

“I knew you would do something like that -- so that's why I had this! I activate my Trap, Alchemy Summon!” Bonbon said as a trap with an image of a transmutation circle summoning a monster flipped face up on her field. When you Normal or Special Summon a monster: this card allows me to Summon up to three monsters from my Hand or Deck as long as their combined levels equal the level of your Summoned monster.” Two glowing transmutation circles appeared to occupy two of Bonbon’s monster slots.

“With the power of my Trap, I Summon SPYRAL Super Agent and Charming Resort Staff from my Deck!” Super Agent fell from the sky again -- only this time, landing in a chair at a table with his suitcase, while a lovely woman in a waitress uniform served him some coffee.

SPYRAL Super Agent

LV: 4

ATK: 1900

Charming Resort Staff

LV: 3

ATK: 300

“Summoning monsters off of my Summon? Not bad -- but let’s get back to me! I equip my Mozarta with this -- Spirit Instrument: Gage’s Cello,” Lyra said as a cello branded with a green insignia on it materialized in Mozarta’s hands. The fairy gave the new instrument a quick once-over before she began to tug at the strings. “The tune from this fine instrument prevents you from targeting Mozarta with card effects, but that is just the beginning! Next; I activate the Continuous Spell: Spirit Flute Duet! While this card is face-up on the field, if any of my ‘Spirit Instrument’s ever get destroyed, this card gains one Clef Counter. As for what it does with them... well, you will have to wait and see.” Lyra felt that she was ready to end this, her board set up exactly as she wanted it.

“Let the symphony begin! Mozarta, attack Bonbon’s Drone with Minuet of Forest!” Mozarta began playing her cello wildly as a score of green music notes flew towards Bonbon’s Drone. The impact caused the drone to explode, and the force of the blast sent Bonbon flying into a wall, where an action card fell into her lap once she hit the ground.

Lyra: 2500

Bonbon: 1200

“I activate the Action Spell Damage Draw! Now; since I took over 2000 points of battle damage, I can draw two cards.” Bonbon drew her two cards, but Lyra‘s expression implied that she wasn’t particularly impressed.

“More cards won’t help you here, Bon. Moving on; Elegy, attack Charming Resort Staff!” Elegy let out a sonic screech that caused Charming Resort Staff to drop her platter and cover her ears as the intense sound shook her very being, eventually destroying her.

“If you think I’m letting you end this THAT fast, you're nuts! I activate my Trap, Defense Draw! Not only does this Trap Card reduce the damage from your attack to zero, but I also get to draw another card.” Bonbon drew her card, hoping that she would survive long enough to swing the tempo back her way.

“Let's see you run away from this, then! Joan, attack Super Agent!” Joan began gathering light energy in her hands, and once charged she then fired the built-up power at Super Agent -- blasting the man back and destroying him; sending Bonbon soaring again, right smack dab into the middle of her resort.

Lyra: 2500

Bonbon: 300

“But that's not all! When Joan destroys a monster in battle, I regain Life Points equal to the destroyed monster’s Attack Points!” Joan flew behind Lyra and began channeling her healing powers into her master, bathing her in a shining, yellow light.

Lyra: 4400

Bonbon: 300

“You may be doing good right now, Ly; but now I have everything I need to end this Duel on my next turn!” Bonbon declared -- with maybe just a HINT of overconfidence in her voice, which Lyra was sure to note.

“Too bad there is no next turn for you, my friend! I activate the Quick-Play Spell, Mystical Space Typhoon -- and with it, I’ll destroy my own Cello!” Lyra said as a powerful tornado swept up Mozarta’s cello and blew it apart, a green orb of light flying into Lyra’s Spirit Flute which caused one of the pipes to glow the same bright green. “Time for the finale! I activate the effect of Spirit Flute Duet! By sending it to the Graveyard, you take 800 points of damage for each Clef Counter this card has on it -- and since I have one, that’s 800 points. How’s that for a crescendo?” Lyra asked, taking a bow as Bonbon’s Life Points fell to zero as the spirit and her Flute were consumed in a beautiful burst of destruction.

Lyra: 4400

Bonbon: 0

WINNER: Lyra Heartstrings

As all three distinct Field Spells flickered and eventually vanished, Lyra and Bonbon walked back to the control room together to speak with the others while having a chat about the match and its results. Bonbon now recognized Lyra as a skilled, confident duelist -- one well fit to handle herself. Bonbon told Lyra she was free to aid Silver against Team Skull Crush, but also to be very careful of herself, as their dirty tactics were well-known amongst Duelists.


Back in Silver’s workshop, he told Bonbon the story of the two members of Skull Crush he and Rainbow Dash had fought, and how they had Decks that specialized in both Fusion and Xyz tactics, and mentioned his theory in regards to what their leader would end up specializing in. Silver thought through the matchup for a bit, then decided on the roster order for this round.

“Since Skull Crush led off with Oil Slick in the last round... Lightning, you will be the first out of the gate. Since your Runner is built for speed and handling, you can easily avoid whatever tricks he ends up using,” Silver said as he drew the diagram of his line up.

“The next one in line will obviously be Gutrot and his Predaplants, so Lyra: I'm leaving him to you. I know that you’ll be able to handle it.”

“Hold on! If what you're implying turns out to be true, then wouldn’t Lyra’s Runner be melted down to the point of disqualification?,” Bonbon interrupted, not a big fan of where Silver was going with this.

“You’re right -- but fortunately for us, I have that covered. I have coated our Duel Runners with a special protective coating my father had his top scientists create in order to temporarily reduce the effects of any chemical burn,” Silver replied, showing everyone the barrel that he had borrowed from his father and the relevant information regarding its contents.

“But, Lyra; there is one thing you MUST know. The guys at the lab told me that it will only last you about thirty minutes or so when moving at high speed, so it very important that you finish your duel within that time limit. You don't necessarily have to win, just make it back to the pits and pass the baton to me,” Silver added, relieving some of the building pressure from a stressed-looking Lyra.

“Back to the roster -- if everything goes as planned, then ultimately I will handle the team leader and fight to claim victory for us once again,” Silver said as he showed the final part of his diagram, depicting his triumph over Skull Crush and their anchor player.

Bonbon pulled Silver aside to tell him about some reports she had filed on the leader of Team Skull Crush -- how he was known for using machines, especially ones armed with powerful weapons. Silver told Bonbon about how his parents were overprotective of him as a child and that his father had advised him from an early age to always wear a bulletproof vest underneath his clothes.

Bonbon gave Silver a wireless headset for communication purposes -- officially drafting Team Silver Wing into the mission once and for all, with the intent to finish things once and for all. Bonbon told everyone that the next match would be starting soon and that she needed to go and check in with her forces to see if they accomplished what they had been ordered. Bonbon walked out of the front door, grabbed a rope ladder that fell from the sky, and then took off in an agency helicopter.


Sometime later, high above the stadium, Bonbon made sure to check in with her subordinates to confirm one last time that everything was going according to plan.

“We have all the available officers from every single county in the state ready and on standby, Agent Sweetie Drops!” The Subordinate said as he saluted her.

“Good. How about our field surveillance?” Bonbon asked as she checked an item off of her list.

“We have all of Team Skull Crush’s pit wired with hidden cameras and microphones -- so we will know exactly what they are doing and saying at all times,” The Subordinate replied; adding that the connection between the group and Team Silver Wing was ready, as well.

“Perfect! All right, gentlemen! Let's end this mission once and for all!” Bonbon shouted as her subordinates cheered in delight.


Right before the match was set to begin; inside the Stadium, both teams were in the final preparation stages for the next round of the tournament. Silver rallied his teammates, to give them some final words of encouragement before the trio had to possibly risk their lives in this round.

“Ladies; before we ride out there -- even though winning this match is very crucial, in more ways than one -- just remember: no matter what happens, or how badly they cheat, play fairly with honor and respect. Most importantly... have fun out there, and give it all you have!” Silver declared with a raised fist. He, Lyra, and Lightning put their hands together in between themselves. Silver counted to three, and they all cheered “Go, SILVER WING!” as they raised their hands up high.

Up in the stands, Fleetfoot took a seat next to some of Silver’s fans, among them Golden Rise and Angel Wings. Fleetfoot told the two starstruck friends about how Silver and his team had promised to bring Skull Crush down for her and the injured Wonderbolts. Angel Wings was nervous about watching a Duel involving the same thugs that had tried to hurt her -- prompting Golden to try and help her relax, telling her that she was among friends, safe in the stands with them. His words calmed Angel, and the group began cheering loudly for Team Silver Wing’s victory.

The M.C. went on to announce the start of the much anticipated second round.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! IT'S TIME FOR THE SECOND ROUND OF THE A BLOCK, AND OUR FIRST TEAM IS NONE OTHER THAN... THE WRECKERS OF THE TRACK, THE BREAKERS OF BONES, THE DUDES OF DESTRUCTION! TEAM SKULL CRUSH!” The M.C. shouted at the top of his lungs as the audience began to “boo” the group with all of their might.

“AND COMING IN RIGHT NOW, AS OUR SECOND TEAM; THE RULERS OF THE SKY, THE HEROES OF OUR HEARTS, THE SWORDS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: TEAM SILVER WING!” The M.C. continued as the audience's “boos” and heckling changed into cheers of adulation for the heroes of this story.

Both sides went to their respective pits and began their preparations for the Duel. Silver tested his newly acquired mic’s connection with Bonbon -- informing her they were ready to begin the operation. Bonbon responded quickly, already on her end, taking care to remind Silver to keep Lyra safe. Silver assured the worried agent that he would not let her down. Lightning took up her position as she waited for Oil Slick to position himself as well. With both sides primed and ready, the race for the first move was set to begin.

Author's Note:

Card Info

Alchemy Summon

Trap/Normal Trap

When your opponent Summons a monster: you can Special Summon up to 3 monsters from your hand or Deck in Attack Position whose combined Levels equal the Summoned monster's Level.


Spirit Instrument: Gage's Cello

Spell/Equip Spell

Equip only to a “Melodious” monster. The monster equipped with this card cannot be targeted by card effects.


Spirit Flute Duet

Spell/Continuous Spell

When a “Spirit Instrument” card is destroyed: you can place a Clef Counter on this card {max 5}. You can send this card to the GY and inflict 800 damage to your opponent for every Clef Counter this card has.


Twilight City Music property of Nintendo. Special thanks to rebellious requiem for doing the editing.

thank you to everyone who stuck around to reach this point. I hope you are excited for the upcoming duel I know I am.

PreviousChapters Next