• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,239 Views, 62 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EG: Neo W.R.P.G U.S. Selection Arc - foxmaster



Yu-Gi-Oh! crossover that takes place some time after the Friendship Games; and is a modified version of the World Racing Grand Prix arc from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but with more modern game mechanics; such as Pendulum Summoning.

  • ...
19
 62
 2,239

PreviousChapters Next
Trial by Magma

Silver, Lyra, and Lightning were enjoying lunch when Rainbow Dash and Rarity passed them by, noticing them seated at the restaurant. Rainbow, not happy to see Lightning anywhere near her friends, approached their table and asked Silver if she could have a word with him in private. Silver was initially confounded, but excused himself and followed Rainbow to the restrooms.

“Why are you and Lyra hanging with Lightning Dust?” Rainbow asked with a sense of dread.

“Lyra and I bumped into her when we were hanging out at the Rich Dome, so we invited her to join us for lunch,” Silver replied, confused and wondering where exactly Rainbow was going with this.

“Lightning is a bad chick -- and super reckless! I'm surprised she’s not still rotting in juvie,” Rainbow said.

“What did she do to end up in juvie? And why are you even telling me all this?” Silver asked.

Rainbow sighed. “A few years ago; at Duel Camp, I and some of my friends were practicing Action Duels -- Lightning was there too, and she would beat the living heck out of her opponents whenever they would try to grab an Action Card. She didn’t even care if she almost broke their bones! I can still remember how she nearly killed Fluttershy over a measly 200 points of damage! The counselors stopped the Duel, but she kept going after Fluttershy anyway; so they called the police. “Needless to say; they expelled her, too. What I’m saying is: watch your back or she might just go gunning for you or Lyra next,” Rainbow said, remembering how Fluttershy had almost given up on Dueling for good after the incident.

Rainbow and silver returned to their friends and Silver asked Lightning if what Rainbow told him was true. Lightning confessed that it was true and told him she changed after the two years she spent in Juve. Silver believed her but Lyra was not sure if she should trust her so she decided to duel her and see if she really did change.


At Silver’s family’s mansion; Lightning and Lyra were preparing their Duel Disks inside Silver’s Solid Vision Projection Room. Silver, Rainbow, and Rarity were in the control room, setting up the Action Field’s settings -- eventually choosing the Action Field known as Wela Volcano. The Solid Vision generator created a field made of rock and brimstone -- a huge volcano located smack dab in the center of it all. After the Field had finished materializing, the Duel began.

DUEL
Lyra Heartstrings LP: 4000
Lightning Dust LP: 4000

“I’ll take the first move,” Lyra said as she drew her opening hand. She picked up a card from within it and placed it in her Duel Disk. “I’ll start by activating the Continuous Spell Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen!” A cloud containing an ornate hall appeared high in the sky, a rainbow-colored bridge linking it to the ground below.

“Thanks to this Bifrost; once per turn when I control no monsters, I can Special Summon one Fairy-type monster from my Hand! I’ll use Valhalla’s effect right away to summon my Mozarta the Melodious Maestra in Attack Mode!” A blue fairy in an elegant red gown adorned with music note motifs descended from the Bifrost bridge.

Mozarta the Melodious Maestra
LV: 8
ATK: 2600

“That’s not all; I use Mozarta’s monster effect to Special Summon Shopina the Melodious Maestra in Attack Mode from my Hand!” A lavender fairy in a purple gown descended onto the field playing the piano in thin air.

Shopina the Melodious Maestra
LV: 7
ATK: 2300

“I place one card face-down on the field and finally activate my Field Spell, The Sanctuary in the Sky!” The field on which Lyra and Lightning stood tore from the ground rose into the air, the volcano lifted high into a cloud bank -- on which sprung forth a floating temple.

“Hold on! Isn't that illegal? There’s already a Field Spell in play!” Rainbow objected, looking around at the new arena.

“No; it's legal. The most recent rules say that each player can have a Field Spell in play and the previous one stays. It’s been that way for a while now, actually,” Silver replied as he procured a rule book and showed Rainbow Dash the ruling.

“Oh. Wait; does that mean there can be three Field Spells activated at once? If both players have one and the Action Field counts, I mean.”

“I suppose that’s the case.”

“Anyway; thanks to my Field Spell, any battle damage I would take involving my Fairy-type monsters is reduced to 0! Good luck touching my Life Points now. With that; I end my turn!” Lyra said. Getting a jump on the late game, she immediately started looking for useful Action Cards.

“My turn, now. I draw!” Lightning said as she drew her card, checking her hand. Lightning decided to try and get rid of Lyra’s monsters as quickly as possible so she could actually do some damage to her opponent. “First; I’ll Normal Summon my Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius!” A mechanical bird coated with green metal plating soared high above the field before landing gracefully in front of Lightning.

Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius
LV: 4
ATK: 1300

“With Vanishing Lanius on the field, I can use its effect to Special Summon another ‘Raidraptor’ monster from my Hand. I’ll be Summoning another copy of Vanishing Lanius, and then using its effect to summon my third and final one!” Two more Vanishing Lanius soared down from the sky and flanked both sides of the original raptor.

Raidraptor - Vanishing Lanius (2)
LV: 4
ATK: 1300

“Now my field is set. I overlay all three of my Vanishing Lanius to build the Overlay Network!” All three of Lightning’s monsters turned into streams of purple light and vanished into the familiar Xyz Summoning portal.

“Obscured falcon, raise your claws sharpened by adversity! Spread your wings of rebellion! Xyz Summon! Come forth! Rank 4! Raidraptor - Rise Falcon!” A larger mechanical bird wearing teal and midnight blue armor spread its wings and ignited the exhaust pipes lining its wings, flying in circles around the field before landing in front of Lightning -- apparently waiting for her to mount it.

Raidraptor - Rise Falcon
RANK: 4
ATK: 100
UNITS: 3

Lightning heeded her bird’s call and hopped on its back before it hovered off the ground. “Now; I activate Rise Falcon’s effect! By detaching an Overlay Unit, Rise Falcon can gain Attack equal to one Special Summoned monster’s effect -- Mozarta’s, in this case.” One of Rise Falcon’s Overlay Units left its orbit around the avian monster and hit Mozarta square on, draining the offensive power of the Fairy and allowing Rise Falcon to absorb its strength.

UNITS: 3 - 1 = 2

100 + 2600 = 2700

“And that's not all! Rise Falcon can attack all of your Special Summoned monsters once each. Say your goodbyes to your Melodious monsters, Lyra. Battle! Rise Falcon, attack Shopina!” Rise Falcon shrouded itself in a cloak of fire and then dove head-on at Shopina, screeching all the way.

“I activate my Continuous Trap: Pitch Change Allegro!” Lyra shouted as a Trap Card with a picture of a conductor signaling wildly to inspire his choir flipped over on the field. “Not only does this Trap double my Melodious monsters’ ATK when you declare an attack, but it cuts yours in half!” Lyra’s monsters sung out loudly in a louder, more aggressive tone. Rise Falcon’s screech transformed from one of fury into one of pain as the sound drained its power.

2600 * 2 = 5200

2300 * 2 = 4600

2700 / 2 = 1350

Rise Falcon continued its attack, but in its weakened state, it was easily destroyed by Shopina. Lightning was sent sliding off of her monster into a boulder, conveniently landing right next to an Action Card.

Lyra LP: 4000
Lightning LP: 750

Lightning picked up the stray Action Card and activated it. “I activate the Action Card Uber Charge, which allows me to regain Life Points equal to half the battle damage I took this turn.”

Lyra LP: 4000
Lightning LP: 2375

Lightning kicked herself back up on her feet and sprinted forward, looking for more Action Cards to bolster her defenses. “I place one card face-down, and then I activate the Quick-Play Spell Mystical Space Typhoon to target and destroy your Pitch Change Trap!” A star-riddled typhoon swirled into being and annihilated Lyra’s Trap, returning her Melodious monster’s Attack Points to normal.

5200 - 2600 = 2600

4600 - 2300 = 2300

“I end my turn there. You won't be able to hit me that hard again!” Lightning said as she kept her eyes open for any potentially game-changing Action Cards.

“You think so? It’s my turn; I draw!” Lyra said as she drew her card. Lyra was wary that Lightning’s face-down could potentially be something that could destroy her monsters, so she decided to use the card Silver gave her as a gift for use in the W.R.G.P.

“I summon the Tuner monster: Effect Veiler!” A young girl with blue hair wearing a white dress with angelic wings made of fabric descended from the sky and floated beside Lyra.

Effect Veiler
LV: 1
ATK: 0

“I’ll now tune my level one Effect Veiler with my level seven Shopina!” Effect Veiler flew above Shopina and enveloped it in the Synchro Summoning rings, in which Shopina burst into a pillar of light.

"Clustering wishes will become a new, shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!" A white and light blue dragon with purple crystals on his chest and shoulders shined as bright as the stars themselves appeared and loosed a mighty roar before hovering in place by Lyra’s side.

Stardust Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2500

“Battle! Mozarta, attack Lightning directly with your Melody of Doom!” Mozarta charged her baton with a burst of energy, and then fired a ray of music scores at Lightning -- but she was ready with an Action Trap.

“I activate the Action Trap Eruption! Normally, this card would destroy both of our battling monsters -- but as I’m fresh out of monsters to destroy; you're taking the blow all by yourself!” Lightning explained, laughing as the magma and flaming rocks blew out of the card and struck the field.

One of the stray molten rocks smashed down especially hard on a thin layer of the field beneath her feet, causing Lightning Dust to nearly losing her balance and fall into the pool of lava that was forming below. Lyra, aware of the danger Lightning was now facing, tried reaching out to her, but the other girl was just out of her range. Lyra scrambled wildly for ideas... until it finally hit her, in front of her all along.

“I activate my Stardust Dragon’s effect! By tributing my dragon, I can negate the activation of an effect that would destroy a card and destroy it, instead!” Stardust wrapped its wings around the top of the volcano and then exploded, sending a veritable blizzard of stardust all across the field below, rapidly cooling the lava.

Unfortunately; as it began to harden, Lightning lost her grip and began to fall -- which from this elevation would likely result in serious injury, or worse. Lyra declares the end of her turn as quickly as possible, allowing Stardust Dragon to return from the Graveyard just in time to scoop Lightning up and bring her back onto the field, relatively unharmed.

Stardust Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2500

“You... saved me. But why?” Lightning asked, panting as she recovered from her harrowing near-death experience.

“A real Duelist fights with honor and respect! ... but mostly I just didn’t want you to die. We’re supposed to hash it out in a game, not fall to our demise. You know how embarrassing that would be on the tombstone?” Lyra replied, laughing. She then added. “It's your turn, Lightning. What do you say we finish this Duel the right way?”

Lightning smiled and nodded at Lyra as she got back to her feet and began her turn. “My turn; I draw!” she said as she drew her card. “I activate my face-down Continuous Trap: Call of the Haunted, which allows me to bring back my Rise Falcon.” Rise Falcon rose up from the grave, ready to soar back into action.

Raidraptor - Rise Falcon
RANK: 4
ATK: 100
UNITS: 0

“I now activate the Spell Rank-Up-Magic Raid Force! This ranks up my Rise Falcon into a ‘Raidraptor’ Xyz monster that’s one rank higher by using it as an Overlay Unit!” Rise Falcon turned into a stream of light and entered a portal like that from which it had originally emerged.

“Oh; mighty bird of prey, evolve with the flame of a phoenix -- and burn those who get in your way to ash! Rank Up; Xyz evolution! Rise, Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon!” A mechanical bird covered in red armor flew out of the portal and unleashed a mighty battle cry.

Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon
RANK: 5
ATK: 1000
UNITS: 1

Lightning mounted her falcon and flew around looking for an action card until she noticed one of the sides of the volcano and grabbed it.

“I activate the Action Card Spirit Sealing! This card will negate Stardust Dragon’s effect until the End Phase of this turn.” A spirit tag was forcefully applied to Stardust’s forehead -- coating the great shining dragon in a red aura.

“Next; I activate Blaze Falcon’s effect! By detaching one Overlay Unit: I can destroy all Special Summoned monsters that you control, and inflict 500 points of direct damage to you for each one!” Blaze Falcon opened the missile launchers in its wings and fired a barrage of missiles at Mozarta and Stardust and destroyed them.

UNITS: 1 - 1 = 0

Lyra LP: 3000
Lightning LP: 2375

“Battle! Blaze Falcon, attack Lyra directly!” Blaze Falcon unleashed all of its ballistic weapons on Lyra; sending her careening back into another Solid Vision boulder with a “thud.” An Action Card fell off its perch atop the boulder and landed right in her waiting lap.

Lyra LP: 2000
Lightning LP: 2375

“I end my turn with one Set card,” Lightning said as a face-down card appeared behind her poised Blaze Falcon.

“Ngh… ow. My turn; I draw!” Lyra said as she drew her card and picked up the Action Card she had so graciously been given.

“I activate my face-down Quick-Play Spell, Rank-Up-Magic Revolution Force -- which just like Raid Force ranks up my Blaze Falcon into a Raidraptor Xyz monster that's one rank higher!” Blaze Falcon turned into a stream of light and became an Overlay Unit for the next level of its evolution.

“Oh, mighty bird of prey; evolve once more and let the revolution begin! Rank Up Xyz Evolution! Ascend; Rank 6, Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon!” An even more heavily-equipped mechanical bird with black plating descended onto Lightning’s field.

Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon
RANK: 6
ATK: 2000
UNITS: 1

“Ranking Up on my turn, huh? We’ll see how far that gets you. Anyway; I activate the Action Card Hand Recharge! I can return any cards in my current Hand to my Deck, and draw a new one with five fresh cards!” Lyra returned her Hand to her Deck and drew her new cards.

“Next -- I activate the Spell Card Polymerization from my Hand. By using the Melodious monsters Shopina and Sonata in my hand, I can Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster!” Shopina and Sonata appeared behind Lyra and hummed a harmonious tune as they spun into a swirling vortex.

“, spirit of a great pianist; combine with the spirit of fun and ignorance! Fusion Summon! Sing out loud, Bloom Diva the Melodious Choir!” A flower bloomed onto the field and from it burst forth a yellow fairy with a voice as beautiful as the petals that surrounded it.

Bloom Diva the Melodious Choir
LV: 6
ATK: 1000

“Battle! Bloom Diva, attack Revolution Falcon with Deflate Shot!”

Bloom Diva sent a blizzard-like flurry of yellow flower petals flying towards Revolution Falcon.

Lightning frowned. “I don't know what it is you’re planning, but if you want to lose -- then that’s fine by me! I activate my Revolution Falcon’s effect! When it battles against a Special Summoned monster, it reduces its Attack to 0!”

1000 - 1000 = 0

Lyra grinned and laughed aloud. “I was hoping you would do that! My Bloom Diva can't be destroyed by battle or card effects, and I take no battle damage! However, the damage is bounced back to you -- equal to the difference between your Revolution Falcon’s original Attack and my Diva’s current Attack!”

The petals blasted forth by Bloom Diva intensified in force and smashed into Lightning, sending her off her falcon and knocking her to the ground.

Lyra LP: 2000
Lightning LP: 375

“Now to end this! From my Hand, I activate the Spell Card Fusion Blast! This Spell inflicts half of the Attack points of a Fusion Monster I control as direct damage to you! It’s over!” Bloom Diva channeled a wave of energy and fired it straight at Lightning, blasting the rest of her Life Points away and reducing them to zero.

Lyra Heartstrings LP: 2000
Lightning Dust LP: 0
Winner: Lyra Heartstrings

With the Duel concluded, Lightning and Lyra headed back to the control room to meet up with the others. Lightning formally apologized to Rainbow Dash for what she did back at Duel Camp all those years ago and requested that she pass the message on to Fluttershy if she could.

Rainbow accepted her apology with an outstretched hand and a firm shake and agreed to pass it on to Fluttershy when she next saw her. Her first mission accomplished, Lightning then asked Silver if he would accept her as an official member of his team -- after he had finished congratulating Lyra on her well-earned victory, anyway.

“After watching that Duel I’d say you’re plenty qualified. Welcome aboard, Lightning Dust,” Silver said, to Lightning’s great delight.

Now that their team had been assembled, the next item on the to-do list was what to come up with a team name. They decided that the answer to that question would have to wait for another day, as there were plenty of other preparations they would need to make before the W.R.G.P came around, but at the moment -- everyone was worn out and ready to eat after bearing witness to such an intense Duel. Silver invited everyone to stay over for dinner so they could chat a bit more.


Meanwhile; back at Sunset’s apartment, Twilight and Starlight were busy discussing strategies when Sunset returned and told them that Silver had managed to find himself a third duelist to join his team. As Sunset told the two the new recruit’s name, Twilight felt a sharp sense of dread.

“Lightning Dust?! Why is she on his team? Does Silver have some kind of death wish or something?!” Twilight shouted, her judgment clouded by the memories of her own world’s Lightning Dust nearly blowing her and friends out of the sky with a rogue tornado.

“Whoa! Calm down, Twilight. This is something about Equestria, right? It's version of Lightning Dust? Tell me about her,” Sunset said, taking a seat. “Better to get it off your chest now then to keep worrying about it.”

Twilight took a few deep breaths, and told both Sunset and Starlight about the events that had transpired back at the Wonderbolts’ Academy, and how Lightning Dust’s reckless behavior not only endangered her lives and those of her closest friends -- but had also almost caused Rainbow Dash to give up on her lifelong dream.

Sunset remembered seeing her around town a few times back when she first came to the human world and Canterlot City, but she never thought of her as such a reckless bully. Starlight considered asking Rainbow Dash about her when she and Twilight returned home, wanting to hear the story in full from her point of view.

“So what happened to Equestria’s Lightning Dust?” Sunset asked. “After all of that went down, I mean.”

“She was stripped of her lead pony status and expelled from the Academy almost immediately afterward. None of us have seen or heard from her since.” Twilight had a brief thought that maybe -- just MAYBE -- the Lightning Dust on Silver’s team might be the very same Lightning Dust from Equestria.

Sunset debunked that theory when she explained to Twilight that the human world’s Rainbow Dash told her all about Lightning’s aggressive style of Dueling, and how her wild episode had occurred when they were still young, only twelve years old, so it was highly unlikely that the two were the same person.

Twilight was a little disappointed to be disproved so easily but cheered up some when Sunset told her about her initial mistake regarding Principal Celestia -- dead convinced that Princess Celestia had chased her right through the portal -- when she first came to the human world, and the two shared a laugh. Starlight rolled her eyes and left the two to their little bonding moment.

Author's Note:

card info:


Pitch Change - Allegro

Trap/Continuous Trap

Double the ATK of all “Melodious” monsters you control, and halve the attack of your opponent's monsters.


Action Spell - Uber Charge

Spell/Action Spell

When you take damage, increase your LP by half that same amount.


Action Trap - Eruption

Trap/Action Trap

Destroy all monsters on the field. Inflict 800 points of damage to each player for every monster they controlled that were destroyed by this effect.


Action Spell - Spirit Sealing

Spell/Action Spell

Target 1 card on the field; negate that card’s effects until the End Phase.


Fusion Blast

Spell/Normal Spell

Target 1 Fusion Monster on the field; inflict half of that monster's ATK as damage to your opponent’s LP.

PreviousChapters Next