• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 521 Views, 28 Comments

Origins - MLPro

  • ...
3
 28
 521

Chapter 5

WARNING: contains depression and suicide.

"What? I can't do that! I have a wife and twins on the way!" Twister pleaded with the gruff dark gray pegasus guard.

"You should have thought about that before you killed that poor mare."

"I had no choice, sir. She was trying to kill us first. She broke into our house last night with an axe, I could not let her do it. My twins deserve a chance to live."

"That may be true, but you still committed a capital crime nonetheless. I must take the necessary measures of justice. I hope you understand. You will be tried for this but until then, it is not safe to keep you roaming free."

"Can I write a note to my wife first?" Twister asked softly.

"I'll keep an eye on you," the guard narrowed his glare.

Twister quickly grabbed a quill and parchment and wrote a quick note to his wife Petal Bolt.

"I'm leaving. Don't get me wrong, I still love you. I just need to leave. -Twister"


---


Twister paced around his cell, lost in thought. He probably should have told Petal where he was, but he didn't want to scare her. After all, she had been sound asleep during the whole incident. Of course, there were plenty of thugs in Petal's neighborhood, but none of them were murderers until she came along. He wondered if his foals would be all right. They might grow up to hate him for upping and leaving, but that would be totally fine. He could live with it.

Could he?

No matter what his motive, Twister committed a murder. And a murder was the most terrible crime a pony could commit. Even if Twister was set free after the trial, he would be left to wallow in what he had done. Nopony would forgive him, and who knows how his family would react. There was no way he could ever admit what he had done or face it. He had made a mistake that could never be undone. There was no point in trying.

Twister tugged hard on the chains that bound him to his cell wall. They clamped down mercilessly on his neck and hooves. It should have hurt, but it felt peaceful now. It was a sense of escape for him. He knew what he had to do.

Twister spread his wings and flew as fast as he could away from the wall, allowing the chains to yank him back. The pain roared through his body, but he kept flying against it. It became harder and harder to keep it up, his oxygen supply was slowly but surely depleting, but he kept going.

Soon enough, he could not breathe at all, and he started hacking up a storm. Then he fell to the ground and let himself be enveloped by the comforting darkness.

Author's Note:

Well that was dark. I have no idea how that came into my head.

See you next chapter folks!

Comments ( 3 )

So you're saying that Equestria doesn't have self defense laws or a Castle Doctrine?

Scootaloo has a wonderful life.
gmail sign up

Are you implying that Equestria lacks self-defense laws or a Castle Doctrine?

Seo content writing

Login or register to comment