• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 516 Views, 28 Comments

Origins - MLPro

  • ...
3
 28
 516

Prologue

Flying with Rainbow Dash. Soaring over the pink and orange clouds in the sunset. Scootaloo felt free, as she always did when flying ever since she flew for the first time. But, as she looked down, she could make out a face in the clouds. A face that looked like her, but it wasn't quite her. The face grinned at Scootaloo, and Scootaloo grinned back. There was a special connection between the pegasus and the clouds.

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie Belle jolted Scootaloo awake from her peaceful slumber. Which sucked, since Rainbow Dash had recommended that she get lots of sleep if she was to be a truly good flyer. Especially considering her wings were smaller than the average pegasus'.

"What is it Sweetie?" Scootaloo reluctantly left her bed to embrace her marefriend.

"You want to go out to eat?"

"Uh...sure, I guess." What was this all about? Scootaloo had woken up from a nap for this?

"Come on! I made a reservation at the bar and grill!" Sweetie Belle trotted happily out of Scootaloo's room in their shared apartment with Apple Bloom.


---


A few hours later, the two mares, dressed up and with their manes done courtesy of Coco Pommel, were finishing up their meal at Manehattan's bar and grill.

"Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle said as she sipped a wine.

"Yeah?" Scootaloo put down her beer. Based on Sweetie Belle's unusual tone, this seemed important.

"You know, we've been going out for a few years now, and I feel like we have a special connection...so...I was wondering..."

"Oh my gosh, Sweetie, are you proposing to me?" Scootaloo giggled. Of course Sweetie Belle would be all awkward about it.

"Well, I guess I am," Sweetie Belle lit her horn and levitated a box out of her dress pocket. She opened it to show a purple ring that fit Scootaloo's tiny wing perfectly.

"Scootaloo, will you marry me?"

Sweetie Belle was immediately cut off as Scootaloo kissed her passionately.

"This is awesome!" Scootaloo pumped her hoof. "Our wedding is going to be super amazing! It's gonna beat Twilight and Rainbow Dash's wedding by miles! We can invite your family, and my family, and..." Scootaloo stopped abruptly as a realization hit her.

"Um...Scoots, are you okay?" Sweetie Belle carefully asked.

"My other family. I have no idea who they are, but I want them at our wedding. I want to see them, get to know them..."

Sweetie Belle wrapped her hoof around Scootaloo. "Don't worry, Scoots. Just ask the parents who raised you if they have any information. I want to meet your biological family too. After all, they created the wonderful mare in front of me."

The two mares kissed again, their plan set in stone. If Scootaloo was going to have something as important as a wedding, she would have to include both of her existing families in the special occasion.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! So this is my new chapter story. So yeah, my headcanon is that Scootaloo is adopted, it's kind of a halfway point between her having a normal family and being an orphan, so I thought it worked. Chapter 1 will be up as well, so let me know what you think of this story so far! :scootangel: