• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 517 Views, 28 Comments

Origins - MLPro

  • ...
3
 28
 517

Chapter 4

Vanhoover: the ultimate winter attraction. Ski slopes and ice rinks resided at the heart of the city, and temperatures dropped below freezing in the winter. Scootaloo made a mental note that this place might make for a nice honeymoon spot.

"Hiya Apple Bloom Sweetie Belle Scootaloo!" A voice startled Scootaloo out of her thoughts. She whirled around to face the source of the sound: Pinkie Pie. What was she doing here?

"Um...hey, Pinkie," Bloom said. "What brings you round these parts?"

"Duh," Pinkie giggled. "Dashie and I were sent here to solve a friendship problem!"

"Hey, Scoots," Dash ruffled Scootaloo's mane. "What brings you here?"

"Sweetie Belle and I are getting married, and I'm looking for my biological family. Apparently my brother Scooter Lily is here. And I met my mother Petal Bolt."

Pinkie beat Dash to the reaction. "Petal Bolt? That's my aunt's cousin's name! She's Surprise's cousin!"

"Wait...Surprise from the Wonderbolts is your aunt?" Dash became doubly bewildered.

"I guess that means you and I are related, Scootsies! Super awesome! Now you know why you are part earth pony!"

"How did you - "

"Don't question it," Dash quickly stated. "But, wow, firstly you're engaged to Sweetie Belle, which is totally awesome, and secondly you're looking for your family? Can I help? Maybe this is our friendship problem!"


---


The five mares spent the rest of the day searching through Vanhoover's archives for Scooter Lily, eventually finding his archive and tracking his residence to 6839 Half Pipe.

Scooter's house was in much better condition than his mother's; in fact, it appeared that he was adoped into a wealthy family. His sprawling lot was decorated with fountains and vegetation, and the house itself was constructed with fine marble. If Scooter was kind enough, Scootaloo could ask him to donate some bits to his mother.

They couldn't even enter the property without using one of those fancy new speaker things where you either entered a number called somepony and asked them to let you in. Scootaloo pushed the "Call" button and waited.

"Yes?" an older mare's voice answered.

"Um...hi, this is Scootaloo, Scooter Lily's biological twin sister."

"Scooter Lily has no biological siblings."

"Not that he was aware of, it seems. But trust me, I've done the research."

"Likely story, ma'am."

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash is here too!" Pinkie yelled into the speaker.

"Oh sweet Celestia! Two of the Elements of Harmony! Please come in, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash!"

"Thanks, Pinkie," Scootaloo smiled.

Pinkie shrugged. "Being famous has its perks."


---


Before long Scootaloo and the others were in the living room drinking tea prepared by the mare from the speaker which turned out to be a maid and sitting before Scooter Lily himself. He strongly resembled his mother, with a pale yellow coat and a light pink mane, and a cutie mark of a flower shaped like a lightning bolt.

"So you say you're my twin sister, huh?" Scooter sipped his tea thoughtfully. "It could be true, but I'm not sure as I have no clue about my biological family whatsoever."

"She's correct! You trust me, right?" Pinkie piped up.

"I suppose," Scooter replied.

"I didn't know our family either. But I searched Cloudsdale. I found our mother. She's..." Scootaloo took a deep breath before explaining her mother's story.

"Wow...really? Her husband just up and left? With no explanation? How cruel," Scooter mused. "But if our mom's in a tight spot, I can definitely help her out. My adoptive family is very well off, as you might have guessed."

Awesome! Scootaloo thought.

"But speaking of accidental pregnancy, I...uh...guess I had way too much fun at a party once," Scooter continued. "And I got a random mare pregnant. And she's forcing me to find somepony to adopt the foal...so I figured I'd suggest it since you and Sweetie Belle can't really have foals yourself."

"That sounds great," Sweetie agreed. "We'll definitely look into it."


---


After signing the adoption files and promising Scooter she'd keep in touch for the wedding information, Scootaloo was ready to face her biggest challenge yet: finding her father. After Pinkie and Dash solved their friendship problem, they promised to help. They would all search beyond Equestria if they had to. For the sake of Scootaloo's own sanity.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap on Chapter 4! I plan to have three more chapters so definitely look forward to that. See you soon!