• Published 20th Feb 2017
  • 300 Views, 0 Comments

Just Like Me - Dido



Wild Ace has always had a rough life, especially when his mother is a pegasus a his father is a master criminal, Ace has to make a tough decision: join his father and become what he has hated most, or fight for whats right and protect those he loves.

  • ...
 0
 300

Chapter 3: Adulthood

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Three: Adulthood
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Ace began to set out for his last trip to Canterlot, so much has passed with two years time. Ace learned to fly with his fully developed wings, act polite and like a true gentlecolt be chivalrous towards mares. Ace became an honest and hardworking colt throughout his time training to become a proper citizen. Ace’s diet became more focused on greens instead of meats, and he became attuned with his more mature side. Ace began getting payed in bits for his manual labor in the community and was told about haggling like a true citizen. Many times had Ace met with the royal pony sisters for weekly updates on Ace’s status. The sibling diarchy had planned three more tasks before Ace could be considered a genuine Equestrian citizen; one of which would be coming very soon.

Ace walked through the cobblestone streets of Canterlot, trying to steer clear of ponies with heads held high and the occasional cabbage cart. Ace continued down the road until he reached the familiar guards in gold armor that protected the outside of the pristine castle. As Ace reached the door the two golden guards cast their spears in front of the door, positively blocking the passage inside. Trying to maintain his composure and the look of a gentlecolt Ace smiled and bowed his head slightly.
“Excuse me fine Sirs, Princess Celestia and her sister are expecting me soon, it is of very high importance that I arrive on schedule.” Ace stated for the guards.

The guards looked at each other with a quick glance and turned back over to the patiently waiting Ace. The guards remained unmoved with slightly narrower eyes and a better hold on their polished spears. Ace took notice of the tension between the guards and himself and decided to try again.

“Excuse me Sirs, I don’t believe that keeping our princesses waiting for an important figure in Equestrian history is a very wise decision.” ace said a little louder, some confidence laced in his matured voice.

The guards only hardened their gaze at Ace and removed their spears at the door only to point them at Ace, who had a somewhat surprised look.

One of the guards spoke up, “Listen here Beast, you cannot walk through here polluting our fine city with your filth and diseases that could possibly wreak havoc upon our great populace.” The Guard finished.

The other guard nodded and added his own spiel, “Exactly, and if you ever try to impersonate a historical figure around here again; we will personally escort you to the castle’s dungeons ourselves.” The guard finished with a sneer.
Wild Ace’s smile faltered for a second, his left eye slightly twitched in annoyance. Ace dropped the gentlecolty act and hardened his own gaze. Ace took a deep breath to control himself and not give in to his temper.

“That’s enough, I wish to speak to your commanding officer right at this moment. I will not take no as an answer and you will do as you’re told; do I make myself clear.” Ace commanded loud and sternly.

The first guard began to speak up again, “We don’t take orders from filthy beas-”

“What’s going on here… Wild Ace?” The figure asked approaching from the side of the castle that lead towards the barracks.

Ace sighed and put on his gentlecoltly attitude again, he walked up to the captain of the guard to inform him of the current situation. Shining Armor glared intensely at the guard recruits, but then winked when Ace turned his head towards the front doors. Minutes passed before the captain escorted Wild Ace through the main castle door and through the hallways to the Throne Room, making small talk along the way.

Shining Armor and Wild Ace entered the Throne Room and bowed before the princesses. The princesses dismissed the captain of the guard and engaged in many diplomatic, economic, and political conversations with Ace to see how far he had come from the little trouble-making colt he used to be. It was only after these conversations that the princesses had brought up the fiasco that took place outside the castle doors.

“What do you mean?” asked Ace incredulously.

“Let me repeat myself, but only this last time: Everything was set up, the guards were planted there to try to gain a rise out of you and throw you into an uncomfortable situation that would initiate a fight or flight reaction. Of course that didn’t happen, instead you went above and beyond our expectations by maintaining your composure and trying to gain control of the situation.” Celestia said, turning to her sister for her to add her input.

“We are utmost pleased with you, and your behavior Sir Ace, we would like to congratulate you on the passing of our sister’s test.” Princess Luna said with a pleased look upon her face.
Wild Ace just stood there flabbergasted at what had just transpired before him; He passed a test? No. He exceeded the test. Ace grew a smile and bowed to the princesses, thanking them.

Princess Celestia spoke up again, “I know this is very sudden Wild Ace, but there are two more test that you must perform before you can officially be registered as an Equestrian citizen, this one taking effect immediately. You must go to Saddle Arabia and try to convince the leaders that a treaty is what is best for our countries. We will send our best negotiators with you, in the case that you succeed or fail; you will have passed our test. You will have the rest of the week to get pack and practice your speeches that you will present to the leaders of Saddle Arabia, on the train ride there you will relay your speech to the Negotiators who will help you. Good Luck Wild Ace.” The princess finished, dismissing Ace to the castle’s guest room.

Over the next few weeks Wild Ace had worked hard to come up with a speech to win over the Arabian leaders to sign the peace treaty with Equestria. He knew quite a bit about diplomacy but now he had a chance to actually use what he knew to complete his test; Ace only hoped that he could do it.

Two more weeks had passed after Wild Ace and his Royal Negotiators had arrived in Saddle Arabia, one grueling week of trying to have an audience with the leaders, and another week of trying to get them to listen. Everything seemed to be falling apart for Ace and his negotiators, none of the leaders had shown signs of acknowledgement towards the treaty, and seemed to only be getting more hostile as time had passed. When Ace was at his lowest with the Leaders of Saddle Arabia, he finally noticed something: There was a lack of water supply and a shortage of females in this country, Ace did the only thing that could’ve worked in his mind. Without consulting his Royal Negotiators; Wild Ace returned to the leaders and began his proposition.

A generous supply of water to be transported to Saddle Arabia and Open Borders between S.A and Equestria that could possibly lead to an increase of foal births for both countries to even out their sex ratios. All of this in exchange for a signing of the peace treaty, to Ace it sounded like a win/win scenario. Later in the week Ace and the negotiators had returned with some insightful news for the princesses.

“That’s everything I said princess, and their reply, although not concrete, is still a possibility of our countries coming together in more ways than one.” Wild Ace finished his report.

The princesses dismissed Ace to his room so they could talk in private. The princesses talked for hours on end before they came to a conclusion: The trip was a success and Wild Ace had outdone himself once again, he went from almost losing what little trust the Saddle Arabians had left for Equestrians, to getting them to consider their own countries safety and how the treaty could possible save them.

Wild Ace was truly ready for the final test.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment