• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 942 Views, 8 Comments

Sweet Mistakes - Erina Tail Yellow



Sugar Belle asks Night Glider out by way of sweets.

  • ...
1
 8
 942

Sweet Mistakes

Sweet Mistakes

After Starlight left the village every pony felt that life would get better. However no pony knew that just two months after her departure nearly every building in town would be re-decorated to show diversity.

Out of all the buildings in town, the two that received the biggest renovations were the bakery and the party supply store. These stores were run by Sugar Belle and Party Favor respectively.

Sugar Belle loved her bakery. Especially, now that she had the ability to cook more than disgusting muffins. Her store now sold brilliant cakes and cupcakes that every pony agreed were fantastic. Also Derpy approved the muffins.

Party Favor’s Favorite Party Supply was right next door to the bakery. The store did reasonably well enough for a town of forty-seven ponies who had just recently started to experience parties. The store had only one regular and that was a party pony from out of town that loved buying them completely out of streamers.

On one particular day just as Party Favor had started to close for night, he heard a light knock on the door while he counted the bits from the register “Come in. We’re still open.”

The door remained closed, but a note was slipped under the door. Party Favor almost missed the light humming of a spy theme. He recognized it as the Nearly Impossible Commission theme. He hadn’t ever seen the movie but he did recognize the theme. With his magic Party Favor picked up, the note was short and vague but he could tell who it was from.

I need to talk to you at the old meeting place.

From, You Know Who

Party Favor sighed. “Celestia, she’ll never get over that, will she?” He briefly pondered if he should lock up shop, but decided against it. Like there was any crime in Our Town. That was due to the events they all experienced. With that final thought he pushed open the door and walked out into the street towards the bakery.


Sugar Belle was startled by a knock on the front door. Her puffy magenta hair swung wildly as she ran to the door. She ripped the door open and grabbed the pony outside by his hoof and hauled him in. She then bolted into the darkness. “Why didn’t you use the back entrance?! She could’ve seen you!” she huffed from the darkness.

A rather startled Party Favor now stood inside the closed bakery. “Come on Sugar this isn’t okay. Just turn the lights on.” Party favor deadpanned.

The lights flicked on in an instant revealing a brightly lit bakery. “Fine but I still don’t want her to hear.”

“Who?!” Party Favor said starting to get slightly frustrated.

“Night Glider!” Sugar Belle blushed.

“Oh, thank Celestia. I thought you were going on about Starlight again.” Party Favor sighed.

“She’s out there and she’s still watching us! No one has found her!” Sugar Belle reminded Favor.

“Moving on. What’s this about Night Glider?” Party Favor inquired.

“Well...uhhh.. I kinda sorta have a crushonnightglider.” Sugar Belle rambled as she played with her mane.

“Could you say that again.” Party Favor asked as he raised one eyebrow.

Ihaveacrushonnightglider.” Sugar Belle squeaked.

“Uhhh… One more time.” Party favor said smugly.

“I HAVE A CRUSH ON NIGHT GLIDER! OK!” Sugar Belle blurted.

“I think every pony in town except Night Glider knows that.” Party favor informed as he rolled his eyes.

“So you made me do that for NOTHING!” Sugar Belle yelled.

“Just had to make sure.” Party favor said slyly. “Ok well in all seriousness . What do you need?”

“I need a way to ask her out that’s sort of creative.” Sugar Belle asked shyly.

Party Favor walked over to Sugar Belle and leaned in to whisper. “Well I have this one plan.”


The next morning Party Favor and Sugar Belle walked to work together. “And you’re entirely one-hundred percent sure it will definitely work?” Sugar Belle fretted.

“Everything will work just fine as long as you don’t well… be you.” Party Favor pointed out.

“What do you mean by that?!” Sugar Belle said placing a hoof to her chest.

“Ya’ know just kinda freaking out at every turn and in general being-” Party Favored sighed before finishing his sentence.”-paranoid.”

“Paranoid?! Who told you?!” Sugar Belle shouted.

“Lucky guess.” Party Favor rolled his eyes.

“Wait your shop doesn’t open until eight. What are you doing here this early?” Sugar Belle raised an eyebrow at him.

“Easy there nosy. I’m expecting an early shipment.” Party Favor stated. With that comment they parted ways and entered their respective shops.

Sugar Belle entered her shop and flicked the lights on. She walked behind the counter and turned the display case lights on. Sitting on the top shelf were the five-hundred and twenty-five cupcakes that she set up last night that spelled out Night Glider will you go out with me. Sugar Belle smiled and walked off deeper into the bakery to start the processes for when they opened.


Okay everything’s set now I all I have to do is wait for Night Glider Sugar Belle mentally wiped her brow. She went up to the front door and flipped the sign open from closed.Her employees had showed up a few minutes later. Night Glider would be there in about an hour, if her memory served her correctly.

She told them about her plan and they agreed to the plan and took customers that came in. Sugar Belle had just started idly went over her order logs while she waited. When she heard a over confident voice call her name “Hey, Sugar how’s it goin’?”

Sugar Belle picked her head up. “Oh. ya’ know it’s goin’.” She chuckled and waved her hoof dismissively.

“Radical.” Double Diamond said as he walked over to the counter. “Sooooo how mu…” His voiced trailed off as he looked at the cupcakes on the top shelf. His eyes landed on six words spelled out using cupcakes.“Ya’ know what? I’m actually just gonna leave. I think I hear Alpine Edge calling my name.” he said nervously.

“Weren’t you gonna order something?” Sugar Belle shouted as Double Diamond shuffled quickly over to the door.

Without even looking back as Double Diamond opened the door he quickly shouted “Not interested!” With that he was gone.

“I wonder what had him so spooked.” Sugar Belle pondered, but that thought was quickly shaken as a certain navy blue pegasus flew in through the door. As if she was character in one of Sugar Belle’s ponimes (that she viewed more frequently than she led everypony else to believe) she landed and appeared in Sugar Belle’s vision in slow motion as she flipped her mane back into place. Sugar belle (perhaps too eagerly) waved Night Glider over to her register. “What can I do ya’ for?” Sugar Belle said laughing nervously.

“Okaaaaay.” Night Glider noted that, that may have been odd even for Sugar. “I guess I’ll just have one of the day’s specials.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to look at the display real quick.” Sugar Belle tapped at the glass.

“I gue-” Night Glider trailed off as she looked into the case. “I’ll take twenty-seven of them.” She stated plainly.

Sugar Belle felt her stomach drop slightly but obliged anyways. She floated twenty-seven cupcakes out of the display and onto the counter. She turned around to grab a box for her customer’s order and heard a shuffling behind her. She shifted to face Night Glider again and looked down to see the cupcakes spelling out yes. Sugar Belle held her professional composure just long enough to walk around the counter to Night Glider. At the point at which she reached Night Glider she threw herself at her, effectively trapping her in a vice like grip. Sugar Belle let go when she heard Night Glider started coughing.

“You didn’t have to be elaborate. You could’ve just asked.” Night Glider chuckled. Sugar Belle nuzzled her gently and gave a hum of acknowledgement. “By the way we are in the middle of the shop.” Sugar Belle blushed furiously and stood up quickly.

Sugar Belle ran back to her register and boxed up Night Glider’s order. She handed the box to Night Glider and said “Do you need anything else?”

Night Glider responded with “One last thing.” She leaned over the counter and kissed Sugar Belle’s cheek and without word she left the shop. Sugar Belle knew she’d be closing up early tonight.

Author's Note:

Surprise! Here's the release of Sweet Mistakes to celebrate 1,000 monumental total views on my other story Simple Tricks are for Fillies . Cover art here is courtesy of the Great and Editorial Febnic16. More editing thanks also go to Caslteinthesky.

An extra note: Crazy thanks to Girls of Canterlot High for teaching me to write fluff like she does.

Comments ( 8 )

This was good. I really like how adorkable Sugar Belle is.:twilightsmile: Well done.

Cute! I approve of pretty much anything with Night Glider in it, and Sugar Belle is such a cutie too.

7919167 thankyou so much for enjoying

Duuuuuude. I can never find any good Sugar Glider fanfics. You have served me well.:twilightsmile:

This is adorable! Glad to see Night Glider and Sugar Belle getting some love! :rainbowkiss:

8159178 Thankyou dearly for enjoying this story

That was kinda funny, but good job!

Login or register to comment