• ...
27
 547
 3,427

PreviousChapters Next
34 - Excessive Force [Chapter Tag: Gore]

{A war between two individuals.}

No one saw who struck the first blow, nor what. No one had more than a guess. All that was certain was that the swamp muck dispersed into a three-metre wave, coating the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Cynthia, Blue, and Red. Scootaloo shook her head, then rushed to wipe the mud from around Sweetie Belle’s mouth. She and Apple Bloom moved her unconscious body further back as the blows rang out and the mud fell back to its normal height. There was a crater now, a blast mark left from the initial strikes between the Princess of the Night and the most savage of all Pokémon. Blue wiped his face and ears off, unable to discern the shouting between the combatants, except that it did not sound of mere grunting, growling, nor bitter mid-fight trash talk. Blue looked over at Red as he too dug the last of the mud from his ears and asked, “Buddy, do you have any idea, any at all, how in the hell did he...she, do that? Sorry, got so used to calling Mewtwo a ‘he.’”

Red threw his hands up in exasperation, shaking his head with a frustrated, impatient, and a touch disbelieving glower. Sighing, Blue tapped at his PokéGear, holding it up toward the vicious duel. Cynthia asked, “What’s the point in recording this now? You should have done so when she double-Mega Evolved!”

“By the time any of us knew she could pull that off, it was a little late to film,” Blue answered. “Despite that, I’m giving Professor Sycamore a live feed; hopefully he can make heads or tails of the absurdity.”

Cynthia nodded with a worried frown. She looked between Blue and the fight, and said, “I guess you’re right. Hey, is it me, or are they talking right now?”

“Ah hear it too,” said Applebloom as the battle came closer, both combatants entangled with the other.

“You tell me why!” Omega Mewtwo demanded, having thrown out every trace of seductress from her voice. “You have no vested interest in what happens here, you have no real reason to care; what could you possibly hope to gain from intervening where your overly long nose doesn’t belong!?”

Luna grunted as she parried another attack, barking, “What is wrong with you!? How can you not understand the preventing murder needs no justification?!”

Cupping her hands and discharging an Aura Sphere, Omega Mewtwo yowled like a tomcat meeting and attacking another tom on his turf. A quick spell, and her attack impacted harmlessly against Luna’s shield. Both were off the ground. Omega Mewtwo grouched, “Preventing being murdered yourself, true; preventing another’s when it’s none of your business, false! Furthermore, I suppose the idea of something else rejecting one’s claim of dominion would be a foreign concept to a princess, wouldn’t it!? Thinking everything you do and say for your subjects is in their best interest, when any sensibly being would know it bloody damn well isn’t that way all the time, or even at all!”

In the middle of her tirade, Red reached into his trainer’s bag, pulled out a purple Pokéball with a white ‘M’ on it, and threw it at Omega Mewtwo as they neared. But she stuttered her forward momentum, letting the ball sail on past her. Such was Red’s throw that it continued onward tens of metres and bonked the barely-awake Genesect on the heel, who disappear in a violet flash. As the ball shook three times and clicked, Omega Mewtwo flipped Red the bird as she continued ranting at Luna without missing more than a couple of seconds, “How do you know what’s good and right? How does Arceus know!? Do either of you actually have the first clue?”

Red threw another such ball, just as hard and accurately. Disappearing in a flash of dark purple before it arrived, Omega Mewtwo reappeared over Princess Luna with a hand in the bag. She shot an undulating green sphere from her free hand as Red’s Pokéball flew on past where its intended target no longer was, and many metres later hit a Bidoof that had stuck its head out from the underbrush at precisely the wrong moment. As the ball clicked, Red whimpered in pathetic disappointment at his catch. Luna winced but little more from that attack while Cynthia sighed, “Oh man...that blows....”

“Tough break, my friend,” Blue said like one giving condolences at a funeral.

As her opponent limboed under an arc of pale blue lightning from her horn, Luna retorted, “I know what makes a deed good and right, because it is benevolent! Helping others! Protecting those in danger! These are basics that any being can understand are good!”

“You’re gonna give me the dry heaves! Is it really the ‘basics’ of what is good, or is it just your instincts talking?” Omega Mewtwo retorted, reaching behind herself with the heels of both her palms touching. “Looks to me like this ‘good’ and ‘right’ you speak of are based on your instincts and nothing more!”

Blue shook his head incredulously. He looked at Red briefly as he cynically muttered, “Are they seriously discussing the origins of morality and ethics in the middle of a battle? One that may decide the fate of both our world and theirs?”

Red nodded with a shrug and a confused grimace. Scootaloo shook her head and grumbled, “Some ponies juggle geese; different ways for different individuals, some weirder than others.”

“Or just ridiculous...who’s to guess what’s the norm for beings this powerful?” Cynthia muttered under her breath.

“Then why do the human religions emphasise being good unto one another?! Not just one, but all of them?!” demanded Luna, deflecting an Aura Sphere which slammed into a tree’s base, shattering said tree into uneven shards, leaving in its place a perfectly semispherical crater a metre and a half deep and three across.

Omega Mewtwo snapped, “Two animals, a herding social herbivore, and a social long-distance diurnal hunter, both having instincts to cooperate and work together? Who would have ever seen that coming?!”

“Well, well! Even you admit that both plant-eater and meat-eater have the same notion of good and evil!” Luna returned, charging her horn up to a secondary aura.

“Quick to ignore both of your species are social!” Omega Mewtwo shouted, clenching her teeth as the lightning from Luna’s horn connected. Shaking her head once, she flew at Luna as she continued, “One works together to bring in food, the other does the same to keep from becoming food! Both of you are simply following instincts!”

“Maybe we simply have instincts that lead us to what’s good and right, or in the humans’ case, righteous!” Luna retorted, despite her shield crumbling under a harsh blast of Psystrike.

“Oh, please! Don’t tell me you’re serious!” Omega Mewtwo answered, actually belly laughing. “All these ‘gods’ the humans have each purport these similar ideas, similar decrees, commands, edicts, statutes, and whatever, all pertaining to altruism and togetherness, how one’s to do the things that are better for the group, avoid strife and schisms, and stick with that specific group, because it is somehow better than all others...while all these others also believe that same tired line about their own selves as well! Isn’t that just precious?”

Luna lunged at Omega Mewtwo horn-first, but missed on the thrust. Mewtwo flung a barrage of golden stars, missing badly as Luna knocked her attacking hand upward and nowhere near her. Then Luna kneed Omega Mewtwo in the gut with her right hind leg, earning a grunt, and then a sneer. Cynthia muttered, “Blocking and deflecting both Aura Sphere and Swift?? What is she? Not a Pokémon, I know, but what?!

“She is The Princess of the Nahght!” Apple Bloom answered proudly.

Omega Mewtwo’s stars hit home this time as she snidely continued, “Meanwhile, much like any other hunter species, they believe themselves fit to stand above every other living thing simply because they eat everything else! All these views, laws, and precepts from these ‘gods’ fit perfectly with basic human instincts, but not those of a wild tiger, or that of a vole, bat, shark, hornet, cow, shrike, or any other animal at all!”

Luna interrupted her monologue with feinting by rearing up, but blasting with the horn instead of slamming downward with both front feet. Omega Mewtwo crashed through one tree and into a second, breaking through the large side limbs in the first and delivering a greenstick fracture to the second’s main trunk. She reached into her bag, grabbing a thick spray bottle with a white nozzle and a cerulean fluid. While she sprayed herself off, Blue threw a Pokéball identical to the ones Red had thrown. Casually tossing it aside, Omega Mewtwo’s spray bottle intercepted the ball, which took in said bottle in a dazzling display of purple light. Red sighed in disappointment. Stomping angrily, Blue scoffed, “Gimme a break!! How does that even work!?

Patting Blue on the shoulder, Red shook his head. Cynthia closed her eyes. She took the index and middle fingers of her right hand, and rubbed her forehead with them between her eyebrows, softly and sadly saying, “Congratulations, sir, you just caught an empty Max Potion.”

“Every last one of their ‘gods’ is set up as their specific groups’ Alpha, sitting there telling these humans their primitive, feral, primordial instincts from surviving before civilisation are precisely in line with how these ‘gods’ would have them behave! How lucky is that?!” fired Omega Mewtwo as she burst back into the air at Princess Luna, clutching a purple disk with one hand and charging darker energies with the other.

Luna slowed her flight to almost a stationary hover, carefully eyeing the charged attack pointed her direction. As a spherical shield enveloped her, she yelled back, “Idiot! You don’t see that social behaviour among most Pokémon, yet they have that same overwhelming need of friendship!”

“Did you ever consider that maybe, just maybe, those that were good to humans were fruitful and multiplied under their care, flooding the gene pool with such hardwired attitudes?” Omega Mewtwo answered, firing her shot off. The dark-coloured blast collided with Luna’s shield head-on, which spiderwebbed briefly before the cracks had spread too far. Luna missed a wingbeat with the wind knocked out of her upon taking the hit. Still closing, Omega Mewtwo continued, “Keeping those that behaved like they did, getting them loads of progeny, and killing off those that were ‘too dangerous’ for human lives?”

Luna scoffed and shot a barrage of ice shards, barking, “You make it sound like they alter the entire planet to suit their desires!”

Rolling her eyes and also away from the magical riposte, Omega Mewtwo countered, “Look at their large cities, and you tell me! They sure as hell do!” Holding a brick red disk, she chopped at Luna with a knife-hand. Luna slid to the left, narrowly evading the strike. Then she popped Omega Mewtwo with a quick one-two punch to the face from her front hooves. Before her head had stopped, Omega Mewtwo sharply gestured at Luna. The numerous gemstones appeared on all sides again. While her shot of Psystrike hammered at Luna, Omega Mewtwo sneered, “They made the world how they wanted it, and they made their gods how they wanted them: a quick justification for all that they did so that no one would question them, and on top of that, used their ‘gods’ to explain away any natural process they didn’t understand! Just to give them some feeling of security in an unsure world! Pathetic, isn’t it?”

“Whatever! Now you’re gonna tell me it’s your place to see to it they feel insecure, aren’t you?” Luna said with hate-laced sarcasm, shooting a pulsating blue sphere from her horn. While Omega Mewtwo dodged it, the sphere burst into a ten metre globe of electricity.

Now you’re getting it!” beamed Omega Mewtwo once the arcing sparks stopped. With a brown disk in one paw, she pointed at the ground, then at Luna. A rocky spire burst out of the mud at an alarming speed. Luna exclaimed something not suitable for children’s ears, but could not fully get out of the way in time. The spike gashed Luna’s side, just above her hind legs. As Luna yelped and bled, Omega Mewtwo put the disk away and shouted, “I was created solely for battle; all my instincts revolve around it! Somebody, somemon, or something throws any challenge, any at all, I know to destroy them! That is what I see as good and right, what I know to do without any instruction! And I can’t give the world what’s good and right if there’s no world, because of a reckless moon crashing or two! The only difference between you and me, or the humans and me, is that I don’t pretend I answer to some higher ‘good,’ or established code of morals, or ‘god!’”

Luna spat as she charged up a shield and worked at closing the wound with a spell. She seethed, “So you admit you’re evil to the core!”

“I could say the same about you! All the coddling and insistence on ruling weak underlings who you mollified with polite falsehoods, encouraging others to forego using their own strength, that’s what I call evil!” fired back Omega Mewtwo, floating around Luna. She intently looked over Luna’s shield as she called out a topical roll-on medicine in a golden-orange applicator. Cynthia and Blue both gasped while Red resumed wringing his hands.

“What’s wrong?” Scootaloo asked them, looking between them and the fighters in a standoff.

While Omega Mewtwo applied the medicine as if it were deodorant, Cynthia fearfully squeaked, “That’s a Dire Hit...!”

Luna landed, lowering her shield as she readied her magic to attack. Omega Mewtwo demanded, “And so we’ve gone around the circle! How do you know what’s good and right, and not just your social-creature instincts talking?!”

{Not best pony....}

Once Luna hesitated, both in word and action, Omega Mewtwo disappeared in a flash of deep purple sparks. Whirling around, no one was there. Luna looked up in time to see Omega Mewtwo emerge from her teleport, sickly purple disk in her right hand, while punching away at an unbelievable rate with her left clothed in a violet light. But Omega Mewtwo aimed at Luna’s left wing, blow after blow connect at the same point halfway before the fold, roaring with effort. A deafening snap resounded off the trees before the multistrike attack concluded, to which Luna shrieked in pain. She blasted Omega Mewtwo in the face with her lightning as a knee-jerk reaction while she hollered, gasping and screaming like a toddler who just learned the hard way that pulling a can of green beans off of the kitchen counter feels real bad on the toes. Scootaloo swooned and Apple Bloom vomited upon seeing the wound, while Cynthia looked like she was but a step behind Scootaloo. Blue covered his eyes and turned away, but Red stood still, unblinking in vacant shock. Luna’s left wing hung and bled from a severe compound fracture, exposing a lengthy amount of bone. She continued to scream in agony as Omega Mewtwo reeled backwards, holding her own face. Letting go, blood came from her eyes. She reached forward at nothing in particular, grasping at the air. A moment later she summoned a futuristic beige medicinal spray bottle containing a grass stain green liquid. She sprayed herself down, focusing on her face while Luna telekinetically set her own bone and vocalised loudly exactly how unpleasant the experience felt with a series of non-words and very strong profanity.

Setting a magical bandage, Luna could not raise a shield before Omega Mewtwo was back on her, gripping an orange technical machine in her left hand and launching a fireball from her right not even a metre from Luna’s face. As the fire struck and spurred off in five directions, Omega Mewtwo snarled, “That’s what I thought! You have no answer! Your sense of ‘good and right’ was created in your own image just the same as humans’ sense of ‘good and right,’ not to mention their ‘gods,’ were created in their own image! Not the other way around!”

“No...!” Blue gasped, biting back on a sob as Luna cried out again. Scootaloo came to, waking up on the edge of tears.

There was no fur left on the left side of Luna’s face. Her eye had swollen shut from the second degree burns. Ignoring Luna’s puny attack, Omega Mewtwo took a tan technical machine again and exclaimed, “Ah, not sanguine anymore, I see! Tell you what: for shits and giggles, let’s pretend for a moment that they have a real ‘god,’ who did in fact give them these orders! Then how does this ‘god’ know what is ‘good and right,’ hmm? Is it so because this ‘god’ said it is? That’s totally arbitrary!”

The ground heaved, buckled, and shook like a paint mixer. Scootaloo’s wings buzzed, but everyone else was tossed about. As the earth settled, Luna fell to a kneeling position, out of breath and shaking in the legs. Sweetie Belle groaned as her eyes fluttered open. While Apple Bloom scooped her into a hug, she mumbled, “Is...it over?”

Trying not to cry and failing, Scootaloo answered, “Almost...the fight goes poorly.”

“Thus on a divine whim, the laws of good and evil can be shifted up to and including fully reversed for any reason, any at all, including none!” Omega Mewtwo sneered. Luna breathed heavily, though her horn held an aura. Snatching a yellow disk from the bag, Omega Mewtwo goaded, “Get on your knees and please that ‘god’ with your mouth, every bit of your body as needed, and everything else he-she-it-whatever wants, in the desperate hope this ‘god’ doesn’t change its mind!”

A wide thunderbolt came from the sky, but hit the ground a metre and a half behind Luna. The exhaustion in her one open eye was plain at distance, as it was in her crouch’s posture. Sweetie Belle roused herself a bit more, but murmured, “No...you can’t...not like that....”

Omega Mewtwo leapt high into the air, pulling out the sickly purple technical machine once again. As she balled up her fists, dropping toward Luna, she hollered, “Or perhaps this ‘god’ did not determine what is ‘right and good,’ yes? What then? What kind of ‘god’ must answer to something else!? Let me give you a chance to ask!”

{Because it still does.}

Suddenly Luna jumped into a bicycle kick, her hind leg flashing a golden glow and finding Omega Mewtwo’s chin.

YES!!” Red cheered in a short but loud shout.

Damn the humans’ gods..." Luna snarled, driving a front hoof into Omega Mewtwo’s belly, causing her to bounce.

Cynthia blurted, “...get ’er...!”

...damn spirituality..." growled Luna as she whirled about, reared up, and nailed Omega Mewtwo again in the chin, this time with a fully extended double hind leg kick, driving her enemy into an outcropped rock.

“Holy crap...!” Scootaloo breathed.

...and DAMN YOU!!” roared Luna. She skewered Omega Mewtwo upon her horn as her adversary ricocheted off the rock, and with a whirl of her neck, threw her enemy into the half-broken tree from earlier, continuing, “I don’t give a flying feather about any of it! I care about protecting my little ponies, keeping all my subjects safe, whether you like it or not, whether I live to tell about it or not! And I have had enough of you!”

Sweetie Belle stood wide-eyed and tremouring. She whimpered, “No...not like this...Luna, don’t do it...!”

Omega Mewtwo had already sprayed herself off with another Max Potion, and immediately churned out another Psystrike. As Luna staggered and dropped to her knees, Omega Mewtwo laughed darkly, “Right, apathy: the first port-of-call for those who have lost an argument so completely and thoroughly! And indeed you have had enough of me, but I can keep on taking more and more of you! You cannot endure; but I do! I’ll just hit you with Psystrike after Psystrike until you collapse, which at this point...won’t be long!”

“You...you can’t...,” Sweetie Belle said feebly as she wobbled and nearly fell over again.

Apple Bloom caught her friend. She asked, “What? What can’t she do?”

Slowly standing, a secondary and tertiary aura surrounded Luna’s horn. Omega Mewtwo thrust her hands forward for another Aura Sphere, but the attack fizzled as it reached Luna, doing nothing. A fourth and fifth layer of her aura manifested while her eyes appeared as glowing white orbs, devoid of irises and pupils. Luna’s voice echoed as she softly said, “‘Psystrike,’ ‘Aura Sphere,’ ‘Judgment,’ whatever...you Pokémon sure like to name your moves, don’t you?”

Spitting sparks, Luna’s horn also emitted harsh rays of light. A high-pitched droning, like a ringing in one’s ears, sounded across the marsh as Luna lazily left the ground. A shot of Psystrike proved equally useless as the Aura Sphere did a moment earlier. Sweetie Belle sighed sadly as the sky turned dark, “...too late.”

Then call this ‘The Lunar Cry!’” Luna screamed at the top of her lungs.

Omega Mewtwo looked up to find the moon in plain sight, despite it being near midday. At its bottom appeared a gathering of sorts, like water running down the side and coming together there, preparing to drip. This “teardrop” enlarged, then broke off. As it did so, the “tear” fogged, like it was out of focus, or now nebulous. Then came the first meteorite impact, and a second. Omega Mewtwo gasped in fear as the sky filled with incoming meteors, raining down on her position. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to take cover; there were too many. Sweetie Belle attempted to erect a shield as the meteor swarm fell upon The Great Marsh, to a deafening shriek of the planet under bombardment.


{Answering for using that kind of force.}

Apple Bloom was the first to awake. Dust clouds still covered the marsh like a thick brown fog. She coughed and blew her nose, ejecting chunks of brown mucus. Red was the next to come around, followed quickly by Scootaloo and Cynthia. Blue got up next. The sounds of the pony soldiers somewhere in the dust mumbled, leaving it unclear where they were, or who they were helping, only that they were rescuing either people or Pokémon. Nearby they heard a sob. With some fumbling through the brown haze, Apple Bloom stumbled into Sweetie Belle, still on her side, crying, and refusing to get up. She murmured, “Why? Why that? There were still other ways...why didn’t you just break the bag? She couldn’t have healed herself then....”

A figure approached in the fog. Battered, bruised, bloodied, burned in places, limping, and dragging a broken wing, came the alicorn. She was short of breath, but bore a frown and a hardened glint in her uninjured eye. Eyes lighting up in awe and excitement, Scootaloo cheered, “Princess Luna! That...was...amazing!! You were awesome out there! I knew you were—”

A quick shake of Luna’s head cut short the praise. Expression unchanged, she hobbled over to Red and Blue. Luna twisted slightly, and off her back slid Mewtwo, heavily wounded, a crimsoned mess, no longer Mega Evolved at any level, but still breathing. In a low and angry voice, Luna looked Blue in the eye and growled, “It’s your world. You decide what to do with its worst criminal.”

Groaning, Mewtwo’s eyes fluttered open briefly. With a click of a Pokéball, Red summoned his Pikachu, then lightly tossed another of the purple balls at Mewtwo. Three shakes and a click later, Red sighed a deep sigh of relief, as did Cynthia. She asked him, “How many more of those do you have?”

Red held up his left thumb and all the fingers on his right hand. Then, lowering his hands, he looked at Blue, then at Luna as she turned to go, then back at Blue. He shook his head with a frown. Blue nodded slowly in strong agreement. He then softly said, “You realise that means you, right?”

Luna looked back at him. While she stopped, she had not fully turned back to him as she flatly asked, “What?”

“You weaponised the moon!” Blue said angrily. “You’re willing to go for broke and literally flatten anything!

Now Princess Luna turned fully toward Blue, and began limping his way. She irritably countered, “You saw what she was doing, how quick she would kill...she has been stopped, and no one died. What’s the problem?”

Scoffing, Blue snapped, “What of the marsh?! This was a protected area, the last of an untouched habitat of its kind! This place was preserved for all living things that would dwell here! What will become of those species now? I hate to see what this’ll look like once, literally, the dust settles! And what if the battle had been in town, huh?!”

Glowering, Luna half-heartedly offered, “Sorry about the collateral, but the danger is passed. You could show some gratitude that everypony, and everyone else, is alive!”

“There were still other ways, Princess!” Blue snapped. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo gasped in unison as they looked at Sweetie Belle, then back at Blue as he went on, “Why didn’t you just break the bag!? She couldn’t have healed herself then!!”

In stunned tones, Apple Bloom stammered, “S...so what you said...that...that was what you foresaw? That we’re...really, really in trouble?”

Sweetie Belle sighed and slowly stood up. Sadly she said, “We’re not just ‘in trouble.’”

“You’re not welcome here anymore,” Blue said firmly. “You have two days to be packed up and get the hell off our world.”

“Or what?!” Luna demanded.

Blue turned to leave and said, “I’m not getting into a pissing contest with you.”

Red and Cynthia turned to join him. Luna barked, “We’re not leaving without Rarity.”

“Then, for all of your sake’s, I hope she gets here in the next two days,” Blue snapped with a glare, then walked away into the haze.

Luna stomped once with a grunt. She winced as her broken wing bumped into the cubic stone blocks, then called out, “Colonel Cirrus!”

A heavily built mottled grey pegasus in golden armour flew over to her. He saluted, then spoke in a clear but harsh lower tenor, “Your Majesty! Colonel Cirrus reporting as ordered!”

Luna sighed sadly, then said, “I am about to reopen the portal. Take these three fillies to Princess Twilight Sparkle’s castle. They are to stay there, until my sister and I have decided the best course of action regarding what they’ve done.”

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all shrank at these words, ears flattening. Cirrus bowed, and curtly said, “By your order, Your Majesty!”

Luna’s horn flashed. A moment of the bright light, and the portal reappeared, far quicker than when Starlight had cast the spell. With no hint of hesitation Twilight appeared as she jumped through. One look at Princess Luna, and she screamed. Immediate reactions ensued from the others who followed: Starlight blanched and walked away with a terrible shaking to her, Trixie passed out, Rainbow Dash froze in place wide-eyed, Applejack closed her eyes and took off her hat, and Fluttershy instantly began to administer medical attention with “oh my goodness” rapidly and repeatedly coming out of her mouth.


Princess Luna kept her briefing concise, opting to press on Twilight about what she decided to do with the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the interim. The dust in the air was lighter, but still not settled. While Twilight agreed with the basic points and the principle decision, she objected to the three fillies spending time in the dungeons or for them to do excessive cleaning, if for nothing else, Spike had mastered the cleaning process and extra fillies would slow him down. With Celestia staying at the castle, and Luna all-but guaranteed to be bedridden for the foreseeable future, the two should have ample time to discuss and finalise suitable consequences. They occasionally had to stop, and Rainbow Dash had a one-sided screaming match with Scootaloo. However, all that could be heard of Apple Bloom was tears somewhere nearby. As Colonel Cirrus led the three to and through the portal, Sweetie Belle went to ask Twilight about the magic she was learning, citing she had little to no control of this way of magic. Twilight assured her it would be discussed, just not right then.

When Luna started for the portal, Mew returned. Luna stopped at her approach, raising an eyebrow. She did not look like she was in any mood to joke around or play anytime soon. Luna opened her mouth to speak and was swiftly interrupted, “You need to know what they’re talking about doing, but let me make this clear before we begin: I’m doing this because you saved Arceus’s life and for nothing else.”

Luna said sadly, “I thought we’re friends.”

Were friends, past tense,” Mew answered bitterly. “Weaponising the moon? That’s not okay.”

“I’m sorry; how many times must I apologise for something that did not hurt any of us?” Luna grumbled.

“Just because none of us were hurt doesn’t mean it didn’t come close for a great many,” Mew grouched. “And they would have died. It’s a wonder she didn’t.”

Luna sighed, “I think I’ve got it by now to not do that again.”

“We shall see.”

Luna waited while Mew just glared at her. A moment passed before Luna asked, “Am I to guess what it is?”

Grunting, Mew answered, “Any of yours still here after the two days are over is to have a considerable bounty on their heads, dead or alive.”

Luna just rolled her eyes. “Is that it really? Good thing ours can handle themselves.”

“That’s not the only thing!” Mew barked, silencing Luna. Another awkward moment passed before Mew continued, “I don’t know the details about this thing myself.”

Luna sighed, “Well, tell me what you know. I need to see a trauma surgeon immediately.”

“As you wish,” Mew muttered irritably. “They spoke of it as the very last resort, but just the same, are either of you familiar with something they all called ‘a nuke?’”

Author's Note:

:facehoof: Life lesson: it can always get worse.

Had I been in Luna's shoes, I doubt I would have thought to target the bag. Not sure a shower of moon rocks, straight from the moon, would've been my first thought either, but support from the head honchos just disppeared. :fluttershysad:

Some of the things they said in this chapter left me unsure what to think, feel, do, say, etc., since it's fervantly not in line with what we (as in, m' family) believes. And a fair bit of that came out of m' own head, which makes things especially disconcerting. Wasn't originally expecting to have such an argument at all, but...thoughts? (please, no flame wars, trolling, etc.)

Let's see if I can get back to a regular-ish schedule, posting chapters? Hopefully all that struggle has passed.

Well then. Rarity's gotta book it, since she's not even out of Kanto yet, and she has two days get from there to halfway across Sinnoh. Or there could be nukes. Way premature for them to be thinking about those, let along discussing them, but the trouble's there. All in response to Luna taking this too far again. Will she ever learn? Will she ever learn? And, what's Twilight's plan for getting Rarity home? Then again, before she can worrry about any of that, she's has to get away from Koga! Boy, sh'es really in a fix this time; will she get out? And if she does, can she make the ridiculous time trial? Only one way to find out: be back here next week (hopefully)!

Thanks for reading. :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next