• ...
27
 547
 3,428

PreviousChapters Next
33 - Meanwhile, The Savage One Arrives....

{The moment you’ve been waiting for is here.}

Noise of splintering wood, shattering rock, and smashing masonry thudded across The Great Marsh. The numerous Pokémon scholars and experts hurried toward their hastily-made fortifications while Red and Blue gave each other a long look with a nervous sigh. Watching the three incarcerated fillies closely, Princess Luna scoffed, “So he comes.”

“Please, Your Majesty, we will serve whatever punishment you deem worthy, but let us escape this world before he gets here!” Scootaloo pleaded.

Luna looked down. After a moment, she turned toward one of her soldiers. “General Merry Weather, return to Equestria, and wait for Princess Twilight. I will close the portal behind you. Inform Her Highness and her companions they are not to reopen the portal; I will do so once the danger has passed.”

“By your order, Your Majesty!” she answered, immediately departing. A periwinkle glow encompassed Luna’s horn, and with a flash, the portal disappeared to the sound of breaking metal.

Luna turned toward the Cutie Mark Crusaders. With a sigh, her magical cage evaporated. She said, “Young ones, if you were to have left with the general, you would have been arrested immediately for trespassing on an active military operation. Or, they may have used the ballistae instead. The latter would be a quick and painful death, the other would leave your bodies alive, but before it would be done, you would be naught but an empty husk with a soul shattered from the horrors that would await you there. Nay, your best chances are here, finding a suitable hiding place with excellent cover.”

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo promptly crouched behind the princess. Luna facehoofed. “I am not a suitable hiding place....”

Sweetie Belle feebly started, “But you said we should go somewhere with ‘excellent cover,’ and, well, behind you provides—”

DO NOT MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND!!” came forth the Royal Canterlot Voice with a snort.

The trio winced and cowered with closed eyes and covered ears. As they blinked hard, Apple Bloom huffed, “Geez, Sweetie Belle! Whah would you go ‘n’ suggest the princess has a fat a—”

“There he is!!” Scootaloo interrupted with a yelp.

To the south, at least a hundred metres away, a figure levitated between the trees. This tall being approached with crossed arms and a very long tail whipping like that of an angry cat. Strung over one shoulder was a large but particularly stylish black purse. Latios and Latias looked at each other, and with a mutual snarl, took to the air. They closed ground on Mewtwo hurriedly. Mewtwo snarled back, and with a roar and a commanding gesture, summoned a vast amount of icy wind with billowing snow and mist. As Latios and Latias both dropped into the mud, breathing but otherwise not moving, Blue grumbled, “And he has a trainer’s bag...great.”

Grunting irritably, Genesect started towards the snickering Mewtwo. Purse open, an orange disk leapt to the awaiting left hand. And a fireball shot from his right. Genesect had no chance to dodge as the fire struck, breaking into five offshoots. He, too, fell face down in the mud. Red’s Pikachu tugged at his pant leg with both paws, shaking his head fearfully. Frowning, Red nodded slowly. A click of his Pokéball gave Pikachu release from an unwanted battle.

The fury in the sea suddenly halted. Mewtwo looked back briefly, then returned his gaze to find Darkrai nearly upon him. He disappeared in a purple spark, coloured as though it were a black light, just as Darkrai was about to strike. Darkrai stopped and spun around, head turning every which way, before looking up. There, inbound, was a hotly glowing blue sphere that caught Darkrai in the face. He splashed much more forcefully into the swamp muck. Mewtwo cackled. As Lunala took off, Princess Luna hollered, “No, wait!”

Lunala did not even look back. She charged headlong. Sneering, Mewtwo called an indigo-violet technical machine from the purse, gripped it briefly, and dropped it back in. He cupped his hands behind himself, guffawing at his approaching opponent. A deathly purple sphere, crackling viciously, grew between his palms at considerable speed. Lunala spread her wings firm, holding position midair. Cyan lights gathered at evenly-spaced points along her wings’ circumference. As they began to coalesce at Lunala’s middle, Mewtwo thrust his arms, hurling the sphere at her at an alarming rate. The lights had not fully come together when Mewtwo’s attack struck home. She went limp, drifting down to The Great Marsh like a leaf of paper dropped off of an upper balcony, or the eighth story overlook of a major shopping mall’s atrium.

Enough!!” screamed Arceus, halting Dialga and Palkia in their tracks. Other Legendary and Mythical Pokémon turned to listen as well. “There’s nothing to be gained from senseless violence like this!”

“Says you,” Mewtwo sassed back. A stone spike jutted through the muck and up to tree height, knocking Ho-Oh upward off his branch, who then tumbled into the mud like those before him. Arceus whirled back toward Mewtwo, to see him drop a brown disk back into the purse. With a shrug Mewtwo continued, “I think it’s delightful.”

Arceus began his direction, snapping, “Shut up! You’re not helping anymon, yourself least of all!”

“Then why don’t you try and stop me, hmm? Or should the pony do it?” Mewtwo taunted. Zapdos wearily flapped himself back into view from the south, battle-worn, still sopping wet, gasping breathlessly, and alone. With a disappointed and insultingly dismissive wave, Mewtwo turned from Zapdos and sneered at the approaching Legendary Dogs. Calling out a tan technical machine, Mewtwo’s forceful gesture stirred the ground into a violent quake. Luna had telekinetically lifted the Cutie Mark Crusaders not a second too soon, herself hovering in the process. Entei, Raikou, and Heatran keeled over immediately, while Suicune backed away slowly. Jirachi appeared barely conscious. Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom all were forced back a step, wincing, shaking their heads, or both. As Arceus snarled in response, Mewtwo openly guffawed. He mocked at him, “Come then! What kind of ‘god’ stands by idly while his followers are dropped like dung? Words of that long-dead guy, Epicurus, come to mind.”

Blue’s head jolted back. He shot a quick look at Red and asked, “Since when has he been reading human philosophy??”

Mewtwo ignored the comment. With a widening upturned curl of the lip, he lambasted, “Or perhaps this newcomer has proven too much? Paltry and feeble before this equine visitor?”

“Those two are gonna fight, aren’t they?” Sweetie Belle asked with a sea green glow about her horn.

Luna huffed, “That was a foregone conclusion the moment we knew he was coming.”

“But I can feel it; I can see how it’ll begin,” said Sweetie contemplatively.

“Quick to avoid talking about yourself, and what you’ve done,” Arceus said with a frown. “How many died on those ships? Oh yes, we heard about that. There was, what, ten vessels in both of the flotillas you sank? For no reason?”

“Going along, minding my own business, and then being shot at? You call that no reason?” Mewtwo countered. “I don’t know why they got all super-touchy about personal space! There had to be a good fifty metres, likely more, between me and their cute little boats, me not even moving towards them, and they had a total conniption! Rinse and repeat two days later!”

Arceus chastised, “Way too far.”

“‘Way too far’ to protect one’s self from unprovoked lethal force? You saying that makes you either a liar, or an idiot. I’m guessing both,” Mewtwo said, rolling his eyes. “I see you’re dodging the question, ‘great creator’.’”

As the sunlight grew harsh, Arceus growled, “Princess Luna is here as my guest, until both of their missing citizens, taken by two humans, are safely returned.”

“Your guest, only because you can’t force her out,” Mewtwo snorted. Those Legendary and Mythical Pokémon still conscious started slowly encircling Mewtwo. He turned to Luna, accusingly asking, “Was it you who threw the gauntlet at us all by sending the magenta wave across the whole world? And thought it fun, threatening every living thing around the globe by showing you could crash the moon into us?!”

Luna frowned. “That with the moon was a simple demonstration and nothing more. If you felt threatened by it, that’s entirely on you.”

“And they call me the recklessly violent one,” Mewtwo answered sarcastically. While Luna bared her teeth, he turned to Arceus and pressed, “Yet you could do nothing to stop her! I think it’s clear, oh Pokémon ‘god,’ that her whipping the moon around proved too much for your ‘divine’ providence to handle!”

That was corrected,” Arceus barked.

“With more than just a little bit of his help,” Luna said with a scowl.

“We’ll see about that in a few centuries, yes?” Mewtwo returned, eyeing them both. Gripping a pale blue disk again, the same blast of ice and snow came as before. Zapdos, Rayquaza, and Yveltal all dropped out of the sky while Shaymin simply fell down on the ground. The sun returned to normal luminosity as a giant red Pokémon collapsed into the muck at the edge of the trees. Luna erected a magical shield around herself and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but they drifted some from the area attack. Mew did the Pokémon equivalent. Red and Blue both appeared dazed. Of the Pokémon around Arceus, only Mew and Palkia did not appear that worn down; those attempting to encircle Mewtwo had too many breaks in their lines and stopped. Mesprit floated beside Arceus, emitting points of cyan light, and then collapsed. As the light surrounded Arceus with him glowing green, Mewtwo scoffed, “What does a ‘god’ need with another’s healing move?”

“What does a Pokémon need with a trainer’s bag, and a trainer’s items?!” Arceus retorted. “For somemon so strong, you sure rely heavily on things you should never have had!”

Mewtwo grunted. He popped a pair of orange berries into his mouth from the purse, and took it off, placing it on a tree stump. Sweetie Belle’s eyes widened. As Mewtwo spoke disdainfully, she murmured along with him, matching pace and emphasis, “I could give a damn, Arceus. Really, I could. But I want you to know, that I beat you...without any crutches.”

Dark spaces surrounded Mewtwo, spiraling upward and out of view. “So let’s go!!

{Thus begins a fight between the heavy hitters.}

Arceus walked out from the others. Mew gasped, reaching for him with forlorn eyes. Sweetie Belle continued with Arceus’s words that same as she did with Mewtwo. “So be it, Mewtwo. So be it.”

Suddenly Arceus was upon Mewtwo, hitting three times before dropping back. With a snarl Mewtwo gestured harshly, firing a shower of golden stars that Arceus could not avoid. In both cases the raw volume of mud and muck thrown from such close proximity to that degree of force easily could have filled a small house. Luna’s barrier had kept her, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Red, Blue, Cynthia, and Mew all clean. Pony soldiers hurried to keep Pokémon and the other humans out of the blast range. Cynthia gasped, “Holy crap...!”

Arceus zipped toward Mewtwo a second time, but he was ready. With a quick sidestep, Mewtwo cupped his palms and hurled them forward, striking Arceus in the face at point blank range with the blue energy sphere. Arceus remained standing as he slid across the mud, the splash from which coated an entire tree and half of the one next to it. Sounding like an afterthought, Luna mused, “Maybe I should have made an exception to the law and sent you three home.”

“It’s why I asked!” cried Scootaloo. “This is nuts!”

“A little late, Ah think,” Apple Bloom muttered. With a commanding swipe of his hands, Mewtwo called the rosy red glow and circles, which reconvened as the gemstone-like photonic shards ramming themselves into Arceus from all sides. He yelped, then called a golden orb in front of his forehead that shot into the sky. Lances of golden light rained down all over Mewtwo, who shook his head in response. Mud had been thrown back, exposing bedded siltstone a metre and a half down before the damp earth slowly flowed back into the gaping bowled-out chunk. Such was the force that Luna’s barrier broke at its edges, splashing Red and Cynthia. Loudly, Apple Bloom blurted, “Shit...!!”

Luna growled. Digging through a knapsack with her telekinesis, she located a bar of soap and shoved it into Apple Bloom’s mouth. As she tried to spit it out, Luna’s magic held it in place. A muffled protest sounded through the soap, but Luna shook her head no. Stunned, Blue blinked his wide eyes, emptily saying, “That...was Psystrike...and Judgment...in the same round??”

Cynthia whistled, shaking her head with an overwhelmed face. She quietly said, “Yeah…I believe so.”

Mewtwo fired off another of the blue spheres, which drove Arceus back, stumbling in the mud for a brief moment. Sweetie Belle’s horn was aglow while balls of cyan light swirled around Arceus for a moment. She said, “Um....”

Blue shook his head with disappointment. “He’s spamming Aura Sphere now? What subtle creativity to his battle plan.”

“So you’re learning divination magic,” Luna began, looking at Sweetie Belle. “With your talent in helping others find their talents, that will be most-useful in quickening your searches.”

“It’s not that,” said Sweetie Belle.

Cynthia looked over at her and asked, “Then, what is it, child?”

“Isn’t he the Pokémon god?” Sweetie Belle asked, looking back at the fight. “Is what Mewtwo said true?”

“They say he created this region, and several of the Legendary Pokémon here. So, I’d say yes,” Cynthia answered confidently.

{And it goes to pot.}

Not-so-confidently, and absolutely worried, Sweetie Belle responded, “Then why is he losing!?

What!?” Cynthia shrieked, whirling back to the battle in time to see another pulse of Aura Sphere knock Arceus to the ground. He slid fifteen metres through the mud before he could start to get back on his feet. Mew screamed in horror, long and loud. Cynthia’s breaths shortened and sharpened as both of her hands unconsciously leapt to the top of her head, heels of her palms just above her eyebrows. Tears started down her face as she murmured, “No...!!”

Arceus surrounded himself with the cyan lights again, only to immediately be hit with another Aura Sphere. He was slower to get up. Red’s hands covered his mouth while Blue’s fingers interlocked on the back of his head. Calling the golden sphere again, Arceus used Judgment. But Mewtwo looked to the sky in time, and zipped just out of the blast before the blow landed, striking swamp muck into a tall splash instead. Mewtwo laughed savagely despite being covered in mud from the attack.

Sweetie Belle gasped with wide eyes as the glow on her horn faded away.

Arceus shot forward, striking Mewtwo three times like he did earlier. Mewtwo fell to one knee, then lashed out with another Aura Sphere. Those he had battered into subconsciousness appeared to awaken and look over as the attack struck true. Arceus was knocked into the air. Were it not for Mew shrieking in terror, the whole of The Great Swamp would have been as silent as outer space while they stared agape, dumbfounded, and in absolute disbelief at what just happened. Her horrified scream echoed shrilly off the dirtied trees as Arceus bounced on the mud once, slid across the surface, and slowed to a stop. His lungs worked, but otherwise he lay motionless.

Mewtwo chuckled, calling his purse back to his shoulder. Then he threw his head back and laughed, and laughed, and laughed, so loud those back in the main part of town could hear him, a cackle of evil triumph. Mewtwo continued to chortle defiantly as all the Pokémon in The Great Marsh slowly crawled, flitted, or walked over in a distressed, astonished hush. Opening the purse, Mewtwo called out a thick blue bottle with a white spraying nozzle. He covered himself with the mist from the bottle while Mew floated over to Arceus’s unconscious body, crying hysterically. She pawed at him, and whined, “Arceus....”

A dark chuckle made her look up. Mewtwo loomed over them both. He reached down and took Arceus’s knocked out form by the throat, hoisting him into the air. Looking around at the various Pokémon, Mewtwo threateningly and commandingly roared, “WHO IS YOUR GOD NOW!?!

Fear and rage filled Mew’s eyes as she glared at Mewtwo. Smirking, he taunted, “Go on. Kiss your boyfriend goodbye! I wanna see you actually do it!”

Shaking with fury, Mew held her position as her tears rolled in a steady stream. Mewtwo cackled, and raised his other hand. Snidely he said, “Very well. Don’t say I didn’t give you the chance!”

A powder blue bolt struck Mewtwo in the head, knocking him back and forcing him to drop Arceus. Mew telekinetically lifted Arceus and flew off as Mewtwo whirled about. There, at the tent, stood Princess Luna with a charged horn. Rage was in her eyes and her face. She menacingly said, “I don’t think so.”

“Well, well, well,” snickered Mewtwo. “I was wondering when you’d act.”

“Arceus is my friend. I won’t let you kill him!” Luna growled. “By whatever means necessary!”

“Really? Is this really happening?” Mewtwo said with delight and a malignant smile. “‘Cuz I can’t tell you how much I’ve been itching for this!”

Luna used her magic to remove her tiara, baldric, and ornamental shoes. Floating them over, she said, “Scootaloo, hold onto these for a few minutes.”

Blinking but otherwise frozen, Scootaloo stared helplessly at the regalia sitting before her. She shook her head, then with sigh, scooped up the royal articles. Apple Bloom finally spat the soap out, and said, “Ah’m worried, girls. He don’t seem like the kahnd that’d fahght fair.”

“Of course he won’t!” grouched Scootaloo. “But what can we do about it?”

Blue walked over to them and motioned them further from the edge of the thick stone blocks. He urged, “Girls, this would be the time to do what the Princess said. Hide.”

“We can’t hahde now!” Apple Bloom protested.

Scoffing, Blue urged, “Don’t give me that! Do as you’re told!”

“Seriously, we can’t! There’s nowhere to hide!” Scootaloo retorted.

Blue looked around, and blanched. Luna’s barrier had kept the mud from hitting them, but also had given it no place to recede. The back side of the tent had a wall of mud not quite a half metre from its stakes. Across the marsh was tattered land and displaced earth. One of the scientist teams crawled out of the top of their pill box, coated head to toe, after their Golem broke open a hole. Blue muttered something under his breath, to which Sweetie Belle levitated the bar of soap toward his face.

“Stand down,” Luna ordered. “I’ve seen how you move and attack, your tactics and your power. You are not a match for me.”

{You predicted it; now it’s time.}

“Then let me show you true power!” Mewtwo yelled back, opening the purse. A pair of small stones popped out, one into each hand. Both looked like a cat’s eye marble about the size of a cherry, with a blue stripe on one as the only visible difference betwixt the two.

“Didn’t think this one through, did you?!” taunted Cynthia. “Two big problems with that plan! One, only one Mega Evolution at a time! And two, you don’t have a Key Stone!”

Mewtwo guffawed defiantly. “Are you sure about that?!”

Cynthia squinted as Mewtwo pointed at the purse. Then she gasped. The closing clasp had mounted upon it a prismatic stone, green at one end and violet at the other. She squawked, “WHAT!?!

Mewtwo pressed the stone. Light radiated from the clasp, with four rays coming out from the Key Stone, rotating quickly. But the Key Stone was not alone, for the same light enveloped both of his hands. Cackling, he raised both fists above his head triumphantly as the light hardened into a rock-like sphere around him. It expanded, cracked, and broke open.

Mewtwo stood a touch shorter, though his body was markedly changed. What had been grey still was, but now had a light pink hue. His legs had thickened a wee bit, proportionally longer below the knee with his toes now purple. Yet his legs remained sleek and toned. So too had his arms thickened slightly with defined musculature, but nothing bulging. Like his toes, his fingers had turned a matching purple. His tail curled over at the end, but otherwise looked no different. His torso and abdomen, though, had a distinctive feminine curve to them, with wide birthing hips, and two side-by-side identical bulges on the chest that were undeniably womanly. Wrapped around these bulges and up over the clavicle was looked like a cropped cuirass in the same purple as his tail, fingers, and toes. Both shoulders bore the same sleek muscles, which with everything below reflected the build of a female professional softball pitcher. A second redundant neck manifested. His horns stuck up in triangles that screamed of cat ears while his nose had become more pointed. Both irises had turned blood red, and etched with hate. A few dark purple sparks dripped from his fingertips.

Mewtwo’s voice had moved up just over two octaves, its malevolence turning from a violent destroyer’s baritone to a silky femme fatale’s mezzo-soprano, but with no less malice, “Like what you see? I still wanna play; do you? Come and get me!”

Cynthia blinked. “He’s a she?

“I think that—well, frankly, we shouldn’t be surprised,” Blue said. “He...she was taken from Mew’s genes, after all.”

Red nodded with sheepish grimace to his friend’s words. Looking between Red and Blue, Cynthia asked, “But...how??

“I’d ask Professor Sycamore if he were here. I have no idea,” Blue answered, shaking his head with an overwhelmed expression. “Triggering both X and Y variants on Mewtwonite? I can’t believe this...what are we even looking at?”

“Omega Mewtwo,” said Red quietly, with his hands on either side of his face.

{When gods meet on the field of battle....}

Apple Bloom nudged Sweetie Belle, asking, “What’s gonna happen? Whadiya’ foresee?”

Charging her horn, Sweetie Belle squinted and stuck out her tongue. Suddenly a bright pop flashed at the end of her horn, dissipating into smoke. Soot lay on her horn as she tottered and mumbled, “...too much power....”

Sweetie Belle!?” Scootaloo and Apple Bloom screeched in fear and alarm as Sweetie Belle toppled over. Shaking her garnered no reaction. She lay on the stone blocks, out cold with a wince on her face.

Luna snarled, “I don’t care what form you take! This ends here and now!”

“Oh, will it now?” Omega Mewtwo answered with an off-balance laugh. “Come and get me! Come, and I’ll make you my bitch, in all the ways!”

Luna snorted and lowered her head, scratching at the ground in preparation to charge. She growled, “The only thing I’m giving you is your own ass!”

“Prove it,” sneered Omega Mewtwo.

Wringing his hands nervously, Red murmured, “Come on, Luna....”

Both roaring, princess and Pokémon rushed at each other.

Author's Note:

Oophta, as we'd say where I was born. Legendaries and Mythicals stomped flat one after another? :rainbowderp: Arceus...beaten? :rainbowhuh: Without a Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion? :pinkiegasp: Yeesh...shouldn't be doable, but here we are. Outleveled, it seems.

And the CMC most definitely should not be here. Luna realised too late what she should have done. :ajsleepy: Absolutely should have done so, despite Sweetie Belle's implications about the royal badonkadonk. :twilightoops: Hang tough, you three....

Speaking of Luna, her actions saved Arceus, but...got herself into a hell of a fight. She had no way to foresee what would happen when two Mega Stones are triggered in unison...the Mega Evolutions have been doubled? :unsuresweetie: Better question is how did Blue know about Mewtwonite, and that there were two varieties? Anyone's guess, that.

Next week...Princess Luna vs. Omega Mewtwo. :moustache:

Thanks for reading! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next