• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 2,098 Views, 10 Comments

Appledash: Flirting Game - Kskskskksks



Applejack and Rainbow Dash still have not discovered who is truly the bravest pony, and Rainbow Dash is growing impatient. Perhaps some playful flirting with apple pony could help her win.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,098

Time to Flirt

Rainbow Dash settled down on the picnic blanket, wearing her coolest shades. With her were her five best friends, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, and a certain other pony... Applejack. No pony would be expecting anything apart from Rarity, who was struggling to hide her mischievous grin.


The pegasus was unsure of how to get started. This was different - RD was very close to Applejack. What if the mare thought she was being creepy? No. Dash couldn't back down now, not when Rarity was anticipating this. And also, how would Scootaloo feel if the knowledge slipped into her hooves that she had embarrassed herself... for nothing?


Rainbow Dash exchanged a glance with Rarity, who gave her friend a gentle nod, and the turquoise pony begun to speak: "So, AJ, you finally admitted that I'm the glorious winner yet?" She teased. Applejack didn't reply, but narrowed her eyes. Rainbow Dash fluttered to the earth pony's side, nudging her with her wing. That wouldn't really come off as weird, she supposed, as the two ponies did often have quite a lot of physical contact anyways.


AJ drew away, a slight smile appearing on her dense, clueless face. The pegasus looked to Rarity, who was sharing Pinkie Pie's conveniently conjured up popcorn. The unicorn was watching intensely, as though she was watching one of those weird drama shows she loved so much. Such an unusual pony, but it was thanks to Rarity and Scoots that any of this was happening now. "RD, ah'd never let you win, not in a million moons." Applejack insisted, her eyes glimmering with challenge.

It's so on. "Is that so?" Rainbow smirked, shuffling closer to her quite baffled friend once again. "Come on, AJ, it's going to hurt your pride even more if you lose. You're the second best athlete and second bravest pony in all of Equestrian - and that still isn't enough? Then again, I do quite like ponies who are ambitious, and always crave more." She gently swept her tail down the orange earth pony's flank, and she felt the farmer tense at her touch.

"Ah'd... never let you win." Applejack replied, shivering very, very slightly.

"Ha! I felt that shiver!" Rainbow exclaimed triumphantly. "You're scared! You're just a chicken!"

"No! I'm a chicken!" A squeaky, high pitched voice declared, and Rainbow groaned as a certain pink pony begun to dance the chicken dance... very weirdly. Well, by weird, Dash meant something much more disturbing. Pinkie was, well, shaking her butt, a lot. Probably unintentionally, but it was kinda noticeable. No pony should ever ask why RD was even looking there. It was a question she surely didn't want to answer.


Rainbow sniggered a little herself as she heard Rarity giggle. Apparently dirty mindedness was something these two mares, and partners in crime, truly did have in common. And it was quite a pleasing thought to be able to relate to the beautiful pony at all, though an incredibly scary idea as well.


It seemed that the other ponies were seeing the dance in a different light. Twi and Flutters slowly backed away, probably just creeped out generally by the earth pony's craziness, overall too pure to understand the actually situation. RD glanced to Applejack, and at first glance, saw no emotion in her face as she stared. But then Dash did something she didn't do often, something else that Rarity had taught her - to be very observant. It was then that Rainbow realised that AJ's eyes were wide and never looking away from the dancing mare, her tail swishing quite swiftly and her cheeks tinged red. Never mind, Applejack knew what was going on - and it seemed that she liked what she saw.


Eventually, Twilight and Fluttershy brought an end to the madness, slowly helping their friend to calm down. Well that had surely been a weird experience. And a rather enjoyable one too, according to apple pony. "Anyways, Applejack," RD got straight back onto the subject. "This is your last chance to back down before you never look at me, Rainbow Dash, the greatest pony in all of Equestria, the same way again. Do you truly think you're better than me?" And she truly meant it.


Applejack snapped her head around from where she had been watching Pinkie, and frantically shook her head as though pretending she had never seen, or been attracted to, anything. But the head shake could be interpreted as something else. Wow, the earth pony made this so easy. "Oh, so you don't!" the pegasus sneered. "Good game, AJ, admitting I'm better. Now you won't be put in any more danger." She grinned, well aware of the fact that she was making her friend angrier, and more competitive, by the second.

"Ahm not losing!" AJ exclaimed. "Don't get any ideas!"

Well, that was your last chance, Applejack sweetheart... you have no idea what's coming for you.


RD put her hoof around Applejack. "Good luck, then. May the best pony win - in other words, I'm going to be victorious! I mean, don't get me wrong, you're wonderful too, but just not good enough! Whatever, I still do have my work cut out to beat you, AJ!"


Applejack looked stunned by all the compliments, but only replied with. "Don't try anything, RD. Let me promise ya something..."

"Oh really, what?" yup, apple pony was making this painfully easily. A promise was the perfect time to stare intensely into another pony's eyes. Thus, that's what Rainbow Dash did. "I'm listening to every word..."


The more Rainbow looked into her friend's eyes, the harder it was to look away. They were a beautiful emerald, but their only purpose was to see, and to look just a little pretty. The cyan pony was pretty sure she was hypnotising her friend with her stunning eyes. Maybe that whole joke about eye colour being a deciding factor in who was the better pony really did contribute to something after all.


AJ's eyes were wider than ever before, even wider than when she had been watching Pinkie Pie shake that booty. It took her a while to find the words to speak. "A-ah pinkie promise you that ah'll never back down, and that ah'll win. Cross mai heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in mai eye."

"I promise the very same to you," Dash replied. "Though I would like to point out that AJ has broken a pinkie promise before." This prompted an ominous growl from Pinkie, and AJ began to sweat a little. The rest of the mane six amusingly gasped. The eye contact was held for another few seconds, before Rainbow Dash both looked and drew away.


"It's time I got going," the mare smiled. "I'm in desperate need for a nap."

"But, Rainbow Dash, you never ate anything!" Twilight exclaimed, shocked. "That's not like you!"

"Oh, yeah! You're right! I'll take something with me!" But there was no picnic.

Pinkie Pie burped on cue, then proceeded to yelp as Rainbow drew closer to her, "It wasn't me! It was obviously Twilight!" She squeaked.

"What?" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed. "Nope, Pinkie! That defies all logic!"

Pinkie Pie and logic never mixed anyway.

"Umm, yeah. What Twilight said..." Fluttershy quivered. Rainbow felt herself die a little inside at how adorable her fellow pegasus was. And that was strange. RD never usually went for the cutesy stuff, in fact, it usually made her feel sick. But who could possibly feel an urge to vomit at the mere sight of such an adorable mare?

"Whatever. I guess I'll be going without the food," RD sighed. "See ya guys later, especially you, Applejack!" She cheesily winked at her victim. AJ stared at her, perhaps in awe, her mouth slightly open, before looking away. Rainbow kept on flying, finding a rather comfortable looking cloud and settling down in it. It was only a few moments later when she heard quite the annoying voice belonging to Pinkie Pie.

"Heeeey Dashie! I need to talk to you!" She called. Rainbow groaned, looking down at her friend, so sweet and innocent, but so excellent at twerking.

"What is it?" she snapped a little irritably. "I'm trying to sleep, food thief."

"It wasn't me!" Pinkie screeched.

"Oh really?"

"N-no..."

"Yes it was..."


Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes. "Well, duh it was! And the food was delish! But it doesn't make me a thief, especially not when I bought in half the food anyway! Come on, Dashie, sharing is magic! And no one said it had to be an equal share! I mean, Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy all ate something... you and Applejack were just busy doing... something... I don't really know what!"

Sharing is magic... please don't let that become a thing. "And you don't care, do you?" RD challenged. "Since when was this even relevant to a pony whose head is most likely made solely out of bubblegum?"

"Since always!" Pinkie Pie snapped, actually looking a little angry. "And for your information, I do care!"

"Whatever," Rainbow grunted, trying not to be slightly intimidated by her friend's behavior. "Is that all the nonsense you came to tell me? Can I go back to my nap without being disturbed?"

"No!" Pinkie gasped. "I'm not done yet! I need to ask you something!"

"Ugh... what?" Rainbow Dash soon became shocked when she realised that the pink mare's expression was surprisingly serious, her eyes intense.


"What are you planning against Applejack?" Those six words slipped coldly out of Pinkie's mouth, with a slight hint of aggression. This didn't make sense - had RD done something to anger Pinkie? Had accusing her offended the earth pony that much? Then it hit her. Pinkie wanted Applejack to win.

"I'm not planning anything!" Rainbow insisted. "I'm just playing! Listen Pinkie Pie, why do you want AJ to win? She was the one who broke a pinkie promise, and we are certainly closer friends."

"I never said I wanted Applejack to win," Pinkie smirked. "I've asked my question, and I suppose its been answered. See ya around, Dashie!" And with that, she bounced off, just as cheery as usual, as if that moment had never happened.


What was that all about? That entire situation had seemed very unlike Pinkie, more leaning towards Pinkie's other side, Pinkamena. Whatever, it had been nowhere near as terrifying as the time before, just mildly disturbing, and it seemed to be over now. But RD couldn't deny that something was going on. Something was on Pinkie Pie's mind, and if it was hard to understand Pinkie before now, when she was just generally her crazy and hyper self, it was even harder to understand her when she actually got serious, because it was ever so out of character for her. Well, at the moment, it didn't matter. Winning was all that mattered. Or was it?


The last thing Rainbow Dash saw before she dropped off was a vision of her victory party against Applejack, and the very first pony to congratulate her, was a gentle yellow pegasus mare with a pink mane.

Author's Note:

I have no idea what this is, but I'm probably going to write the next chapter, or the next few chapters, and then decide how frequently I will update. Also, after every three chapters I publish of this story, I MIGHT write a short random story about a different subject to give me a break every once in a while, though I should hopefully be carrying on working on this whilst I do so. And, umm, yeah... Sharing is magic! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 3 )

I like the story so far :)
Looking forward to more chapters x3

Is there anymore chapters coming soon? :pinkiesmile:

MOOOAAARRRRR:flutterrage:

I mean, if you wouldn't mind :duck:

Login or register to comment